• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Depends on the way he's facing
really? huh I had just chalked it up to more dev stuff shows you what I know about him.

Let's get some people looking into this thing I imagine if there's something as notable as the missing whale there has to be more missing details.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It is in dev mode. Some elements of the stage may not be there. Also we don't know how early the footage was captured. I don't personally feel like that's strong enough evidence to make it fake. At least not yet.
Actually, this is more to prove the likelihood of it being real is high.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here is an interesting speculation topic, in a sense.

Before the video was leaked/released, prior to it there was the discovery on the Smash website that added the two "dummy" slots for DLC, indicating DLC after the Faster Pass DLC. I wonder if this connects both Doom and SMRPG rep as the first two DLC AFTER the fighters' pass. This is just for the sake of speculation, so there could be something/someone else for number 5. Recall, Terry wasn't on anyone's PUBLIC radar until the website leak/mistake showing SNK was the company for number 4.

To be fair everything is obviously murky since we don't know if the leak is real, the timing of the video just before the announcement of the Terry video and after the website code mining showing two slots in the code. Just food for thought for pure speculation. Who else could be Number 5 for the pass?
I guess it would be okay to say that this is a solid theory because nobody believes Doom Guy is #5. Like I said the other day, Doom Guy is a literal newcomer behind the scenes and there's been a couple of characters circling around since about July. People are already well aware of this but I don't think Geno is #5 either.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I guess it would be okay to say that this is a solid theory because nobody believes Doom Guy is #5. Like I said the other day, Doom Guy is a literal newcomer behind the scenes and there's been a couple of characters circling around since about July. People are already well aware of this but I don't think Geno is #5 either.
I mean, was Terry a name floating around?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not 100% sure, but the leak's video seems to take place just after the whale leaves.

edit: heck, if Doomguy isn't Fighter #5, everyone is going to assume the leak is fake. I was thinking it could be for Fighter #6, but now everyone is gonna want me to shut up about it when I continue believing it until then...

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Wait guys, I think it is a timing thing. Comparing the leak video, it looks like the timing would be AFTER the whale flys by. I'm comparing it to my switch and the timing is too close to call.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it may just be the leak footage is like a second or so after the whale leaves. I'm just reporting on something other folks were looking into.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Well Terry essentially came out of nowhere for you guys right? So the same thing could happen with doomguy

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Man, we are going to be sitting on this leak for awhile, aren't we?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Why I think it's real
-Came out of absolutely nowhere
-Promises nothing in particular
-Isn't even out of the ordinary. There's nothing implied in there that we haven't been talking about for the last year
-Makes sense re: Mallow/Smithy costume thing
-DOOM evidence I don't even need to post since you've read it all
-Models are incredibly high detailed
-No one has actually replicated it yet despite every clout-chasing modder on the internet saying "how easy it is"
-Can't replace another hat unless the filesize is smaller than the hat being replaced
-Modders do not have access to Nintendo's compression software
-Models are completely unique, Mallow looks like a higher-poly version of the "on-model" 3D render that came alongside SMRPG's promotional material. Cacodemon was made E10 friendly while still looking incredibly faithful to the original (1993) material, which is exactly what Sakurai would base his designs off of. I want to say that this alone is the biggest piece of evidence for me and why I keep going back to that demon. If you were making a "Real Ghostbusters" esque DOOM cartoon, Cacodemon would look like the Mii costume.
-No leaker has any idea what is going on. They are all frantically trying to go up-line to find out what their source's source has to say about it and no one is saying a damn thing
-No one has been able to poke any holes in it either. Every attempt winds up being a laughable imitation of what we got

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why I think it's real
-Came out of absolutely nowhere
-Promises nothing in particular
-Isn't even out of the ordinary. There's nothing implied in there that we haven't been talking about for the last year
-Makes sense re: Mallow/Smithy costume thing
-DOOM evidence I don't even need to post since you've read it all
-Models are incredibly high detailed
-No one has actually replicated it yet despite every clout-chasing modder on the internet saying "how easy it is"
-Can't replace another hat unless the filesize is smaller than the hat being replaced
-Modders do not have access to Nintendo's compression software
-Models are completely unique, Mallow looks like a higher-poly version of the "on-model" 3D render that came alongside SMRPG's promotional material. Cacodemon was made E10 friendly while still looking incredibly faithful to the original (1993) material, which is exactly what Sakurai would base his designs off of. I want to say that this alone is the biggest piece of evidence for me and why I keep going back to that demon. If you were making a "Real Ghostbusters" esque DOOM cartoon, Cacodemon would look like the Mii costume.
-No leaker has any idea what is going on. They are all frantically trying to go up-line to find out what their source's source has to say about it and no one is saying a damn thing
-No one has been able to poke any holes in it either. Every attempt winds up being a laughable imitation of what we got
In fact, the lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could say something on this regard, but I can’t add much other than what has been said already.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, since the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes weren't revealed with Terry, there is a higher chance they will show up when or if Doomguy and Geno actually show up, right?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Played stage again and compared the video footage, certainly the timing supports the whale just passed by.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, since the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes weren't revealed with Terry, there is a higher chance they will show up when or if Doomguy and Geno actually show up, right?
If the leak is real, I suspect so.

Cacodemon would obviously come with Doomguy and Mallow with Geno.

Can’t see the reason why the Mallow costume would come with Doomguy if Geno is a fighter.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the leak is real, I suspect so.

Cacodemon would obviously come with Doomguy and Mallow with Geno.

Can’t see the reason why the Mallow costume would come with Doomguy if Geno is a fighter.
On the bolded parts, yeah, that is what I meant to say.

I guess they are more likely to release separately if they are real, huh?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Seems whale theory is already dead.

Misinformation spreads in the smash community like wildfire.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
In fact, the lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.
god dammit

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
regarding whale theory, it seems reasonably likely that the video just happened to start a few moments after the whale passed, given the angle on the tree

above is just after the whale passes in sakurai video
below is start of the leak

1573082380273.png

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Ok, might just be the whale already passed by by a few frames, but it was worth checking.

D

Deleted member

Seems whale theory is already dead.

Misinformation spreads in the smash community like wildfire.
I know that first-hand as a DQ fan, sadly.

But the best we can do against missinformation is obviously deconfirm it.

It can be tough, more so knowing that the Smash fandom is pretty much hard to teach, but it is still worth to try.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
regarding whale theory, it seems reasonably likely that the video just happened to start a few moments after the whale passed, given the angle on the tree

above is just after the whale passes in sakurai video
below is start of the leak

View attachment 245575
Did not expect to see you here. What brought to this neck of the Smashboards?

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I understood that reference.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
the latest posts board

tis a wild and scary place
What, did the general thread get swarmed with some unsavory stuff again? Don't go into detail if so. Anyway, I guess it would make sense this would be the next place to go, as the Geno thread is often said to be the 2nd general thread.

grizby2

Smash Lord
watched the video and just WOW, he really did go over every inch of terry.

no geno in sight so far, but no deconfirmation either. so you guys are still alive.

and 50 SONGS?! jeez! and I though castelvania took the cake! plus metal slug music as well! final attack is my favorite track from that series! WOO HOOOO!

"I think we may have added too much content for today". oh you THINK sakurai?!

D

Deleted member

watched the video and just WOW, he really did go over every inch of terry.

no geno in sight so far, but no deconfirmation either. so you guys are still alive.

and 50 SONGS?! jeez! and I though castelvania took the cake! plus metal slug music as well! final attack is my favorite track from that series! WOO HOOOO!

"I think we may have added too much content for today". oh you THINK sakurai?!
SNK really went all out with Sakurai, ngl.

D

Deleted member

The Mii List leak is really interesting.

I feel the Chocobo Mii costume could come with Geno.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
No, which is a fair point, but it's something to consider. I'm also mentioning it so the Doom supporters don't fall to their knees and start ripping their clothes if he isn't #5.
That’s actually really interesting. There’s a chance no. 5 could be another sleeper pick.

Either way I’m intrigued.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I really hope Geno doesn't get the same treatment as other Square characters when it comes to music. I mean, Yoko Shimomura does a ton of remixes for Smash and would totally have no problem with her music being used! I guess it's just a matter of who controls SMRPG music. Yoko or Square?

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Just some images I took of the whale; comparing these against the first frame of the leak certainly suggests that the whale has passed by for about a second by the time the video starts.
5 whale B.jpg
5 whale C.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom