• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So this Mii costume leak isn't just a blabber of text bait, but it has potential photo and video evidence?! paired with the claim that Mii Costumes are currently impossible to mod for Smash Ultimate?!

Oh my, what a truly interesting development. :surprised:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
If Vishera is going to come in and start throwing accusations of falsehood around, he better actually have evidence instead of only hearsay.

One of the big things I remember making it difficult to think #TeamFake was being honest was Smashified making clowns of themselves and claiming the drawing of Banjo was using their render when it very clearly wasn't, muddying the waters for anyone else trying to prove the art as fake when even these semi-professional artists are acting like clowns.

tl;dr Vishera better actually have ground to stand on with these claims.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Turns out, my friend's brother's pet dog is the one behind these leaks. He's a big Super Mario RPG fan; a Culex killer by day and a modder by night.

This just in! It has been confirmed. I am the one confirming this. Myself.

I would post pictures, but I'm a bit of a Lazy Shell.
My dog's name is Culex.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I can't believe the leaker, who is a dog, is trying to kill your dog just because of his name.

It really is a dog eat dog world out here.
And Duck Hunt Dog is the only dog on the roster. Things are finally starting to come together....

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
... and Duck Hunt dog has been trolling people since 1986.

Well boys and girls, case dismissed. We got our man.
Well ladies and gentlemen. Case closed. The leak is fake. See you all next week at the same time for our weekly leak buster meeting?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman already made it sound like they were getting some ";)" but maybe I misunderstood. I've said it before, and hindsight is 20/20 and all, but back with the Grinch leak, prominent insiders were telling us it was fake almost from go.
No, you're right, people are acting suspicious about it which usually means it's either real or it's fake but some aspects are still real anyways. For example, the hypothetical situation that it's fake but there's people that know that a Mallow costume is still coming, something like that. Good lord, Banjo definitely encompassed this. Signs were seemingly pointing to Banjo AND RARE Replay or even a Banjo Remaster at E3 but it just wound up being Banjo. Not the grand prize I originally was speculating based on what I knew but still preedy gud. We could be in a similar situation here: wrong info with stuff that's coincidentally right.

Last edited:

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Someone is saying that Seanhicksart is behind this.
I personally don't believe this
I know Sean Hicks personally, albeit as more of an acquaintance than anything. He works with SSGuy, Slender, and I as a sponsor of Operation Starfall. It'd be very out of his character to do something like this to pull everyone's strings. I'm gonna call false on that claim.
I'd like to second this. I've known him for about 13 years and I while he's definitely got the talent, I don't think he'd be out to deceive people.

D

Deleted member

No, you're right, people are acting suspicious about it which usually means it's either real or it's fake but some aspects are still real anyways. For example, the hypothetical situation that it's fake but there's people that know that a Mallow costume is still coming, something like that. Good lord, Banjo definitely encompassed this. Signs were seemingly pointing to Banjo AND RARE Replay or even a Banjo Remaster at E3 but it just wound up being Banjo. Not the grand prize I originally was speculating based on what I knew but still preedy gud. We could be in a similar situation here: wrong info with stuff that's coincidentally right.
Well, no offense to Doom Guys everywhere, but... if half of this is fake I sure hope it isn't Mallow's mii costume.

D

Deleted member

So update on that one Discord picture that was shared awhile ago Vishera is a well known leaker doing Smash leaks ever since those have been around pretty much and he has this to say:
Vishera claim.png
He claims it's fake and that he has contact with the two people who faked it yet he doesn't have any proof so who knows it could just be attention for attention seeking's sake.

Though he is very good at mods so he probably knows his stuff when he sees it:
etc. etc.

He can probably tell what's a mod or what isn't but then again if the leak is true it's yet to be seen until now content so he could be wrong and the people he has contact with may just be lying for attention seeking yet again.

I don't know this is a very interesting situation and I'm still fairly certain the leak is fake so whatever.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
People keep comparing this to the grinch leak, but it reminds me more of the Ken leak. Debug mode and everything.
Real or fake, whomever took the video is aware of the Ken leak and is specifically referencing it.

I haven't decided if that suggests it's fake or not.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Not sure why people are freaking out and saying it's fake when multiple big modders have come out and said that modding mii costumes is not well known yet/impossibly difficult to do at this time in Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So update on that one Discord picture that was shared awhile ago Vishera is a well known leaker doing Smash leaks ever since those have been around pretty much and he has this to say:
He claims it's fake and that he has contact with the two people who faked it yet he doesn't have any proof so who knows it could just be attention for attention seeking's sake.

etc. etc.

He can probably tell what's a mod or what isn't but then again if the leak is true it's yet to be seen until now content so he could be wrong and the people he has contact with may just be lying for attention seeking yet again.

I don't know this is a very interesting situation and I'm still fairly certain the leak is fake so whatever.
And yet he isn't dropping the names or providing any evidence, despite how easy just outing these guys would be.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

etc. etc.

Same guy deconfirmed this "debunk" himself.
Source

Apparently it was a conversation between people with no info that he wasn't supposed to share.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I do have to say, it's quite funny that it took 95% of the modding community coming in and saying 'yeah mods of this level are impossible with the knowledge and tools we have now' for folks to start coming out of the woodwork saying 'wElL aCtUaLlY iTs NoT tHaT hArD'

Okay then, why don't we have any MiI Costume mods yet? You're all trying to disprove it by saying it's not actually hard, yet none exist for this game yet. As if it's... hard to do.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
God damn did this thread EXPLODE.

OH MY. That leak is looking amazing and the Cacodemon's Mii hat looks downright adorable. Something that it's quite complicated to pull off with the actual character as evidenced by it's series. But it works in here.

And the Mallow hat looks really good. Very real looking. Speaking of which, hopefully it is indeed real.

No wonder people are psyched about the situation. This leak is one of the more well-done in quite awhile and if it's real, hopefully we get to see our boys Geno and Doomguy/Doom Slayer together in the game at long last.

Ironic that a couple of days ago (or day) I was talking about hype responsibility and then this happens. I am going to say to keep your expectations in check...

But...

With this situation, I am not that sure anymore. Maybe something is indeed going on and I am at 50/50% on this.

Crossing my fingers for this to be real!

(Imagine Geno and Doomguy/Doom Slayer in celebration like the image above about it all~)

:bowser::bobomb:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same guy deconfirmed this "debunk" himself.
Source

Apparently it was a conversation between people with no info that he wasn't supposed to share.
Welcome to Smash Bros speculation, where everything, no matter how small, is a roller coaster.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
And yet he isn't dropping the names or providing any evidence, despite how easy just outing these guys would be.
Exactly, please please provide proof of claims. How many people are going to believe "It's not real guys, trust me." without some sort of evidence?

I'm bursting with hype right now, I won't even be disappointed if this entire leak is false. This was really well done. The Mallow head especially fits PERFECTLY.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
-Some modders say it’s impossible to mod because of coding issues to Ultimate’s early hacking cycle.

-Some other modders say it’s very easy to mod because of several other mods they’ve made in Ultimate.

So what’s the truth modding community? We doing a civil war?

D

Deleted member

Mallow Hat is cool but we need some big poofy Mallow pants to go with it.
Mallow is actually two hats, you can wear his pants on your head, too but the leaker was afraid no one would believe him if he showed it off, duh.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I got a SNES way after it had games released for it. As such I didn't get to play SMRPG until well after N64 was in production.
I have wanted Geno in Smash since Snake/Sonic heralded the possibility of 3rd party characters being involved.

Trying to keep my expectations in check. But dang, this is pretty convincing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Modder: “it’s too hard.”

Other modder that supposedly knows who did it: “It’s not hard at all.” *shows a low-effort cube instead of a good model swap or who did it*

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I do have to say, it's quite funny that it took 95% of the modding community coming in and saying 'yeah mods of this level are impossible with the knowledge and tools we have now' for folks to start coming out of the woodwork saying 'wElL aCtUaLlY iTs NoT tHaT hArD'

Okay then, why don't we have any MiI Costume mods yet? You're all trying to disprove it by saying it's not actually hard, yet none exist for this game yet. As if it's... hard to do.
It's been over a year since the Grinch leak so someone has to come along to top it and crush the community's dreams lol!

Remember when people were saying the ESBRB leak was "clearly fake"? I 'member
"Shulk is Little Mac!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom