• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Thoughts? https://twitter.com/jamesperrott1/status/1191459223642742784?s=21

Also it was apparently found in the Reimu discord because of course leave it to Reimu fans to try and debunk a leak that doesn’t have her in it lol.
you know that all sounds like similar rhetoric to when they were trying to prove the reimu leak true after we found out the same info had already been posted somewhere else first and the guy could have just copied it. I wouldn't put much stock into it personally.

Also like xnpc said, prerelease build does not = 2019 build.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Debug timer means nothing to me. The Ken leak came prior to release and therefor many things have changed since then, including possible changes to debug mode. Weak hole to poke if you ask me.

And if this is fake, trust me, I want to bite the bullet and find out it is.

D

Deleted member

Oh snap, this guy actually makes mods. he made the famous thanos mod.
https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/1191460832145592320?s=20

View attachment 245027
The timer doesn't really confirm or deny it to me, seems like if we can modify properties of moves or replace Ganondorf's head with a desk fan, we can pause the timer, or alternatively just make a video edit. I'll say this - the recording seems to be of a recording (no player names/mii names) so it could very well be doctored in something like aftereffects and recorded from a monitor.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Isn't it supposed to be disproven if you can mod a mii hat on a mii head?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Debug timer means nothing to me. The Ken leak came prior to release and therefor many things have changed since then, including possible changes to debug mode. Weak hole to poke if you ask me.

And if this is fake, trust me, I want to bite the bullet and find out it is.
Same. Just hit me with it now so I can move on with my life. Win or lose I hate being starved of information

D

Deleted member

Well, we have yet to it motion(Would like to see it actually played with, leak or not). And like he says, this does not disconfirm the leak, but it does punch a hole in the idea that stuff like this can't be made.

Edit: Also, it is a full face mask compared to the other hats, which had the mii's face visible.

I'm not gonna go after the guy for it but it looks like he just retextured these. It is definitely the powered armor.

Last edited by a moderator:

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
We've now moved into the stupid territory of everyone claiming they did it but not providing proof, pretty much guaranteeing the rest of speculation today will be insufferable...
Coming from the serial speculator who's been posting in this thread daily for over a year. Most people have fun with it instead of revolving their life around it.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Lol, people be complaining about confirmation bias but all I’m seeing in that thread is deconfirmation bias.

I know he said it didn’t necessarily deconfirm the leak but rather the “importing miis is impossible” argument but I fail to see how importing a Doomguy helmet from the 2016 game really proves his point.

Like ripping models from games? Sure, but how about actually ones made from scratch?

Cause unless the person who made the Mallow and Cacodemon hats wishes to come forward, it’s evident to me that they’re 100% original models, fake or not.

Plus there’s this:
856D2C9B-FEDA-4C73-B142-DEECAEAD4AF0.jpeg

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Remember when people were saying the ESBRB leak was "clearly fake"? I 'member
Yup, the whole “Shulk is just photoshopped Little Mac debacle”, “Wario’s pupil is missing”, “Mr. Game & Watch’s hand is clipping into Wario’s portrait” feel just like yesterday.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Lol, people be complaining about confirmation bias but all I’m seeing in that thread is deconfirmation bias.

I know he said it didn’t necessarily deconfirm the leak but rather the “importing miis is impossible” argument but I fail to see how importing a Doomguy helmet from the 2016 game really proves his point.

Like ripping models from games? Sure, but how about actually ones made from scratch?

Cause unless the person who made the Mallow and Cacodemon hats wishes to come forward, it’s evident to me that they’re 100% original models, fake or not.

Plus there’s this:
View attachment 245032
So pretty much, he proved one point, but didn't showcase how the rest of the problems would be solved.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Just the Smash 4 Mallow mod.
Ok, so we've established that hats can be ported over- just with some difficulties. This is conclusive proof that the Mallow and Caco hats are original creations with better quality than the most accomplished modders can manage.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
At this point, nobody's come forward, and nobody's proved or disproved it. But Sabi/PolarPanda said they would check with a source and get back to us pretty definitively either way in like a day. So I'd just... do something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom