• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
One thing I'll give them is that since doom eternal was meant to come out around this time so it makes sense for the smash reveal to be so as well.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The longer this goes on without a word from the big name leakers, the more chaotic this speculation gets.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say guys, do you think the Mallow hat and Doom character costume will release with Terry, or will they release with another character altogether?

D

Deleted member

What are you guys's thoughts on this? Are they anyone in the Sabi server? Need details.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The longer this goes on without a word from the big name leakers, the more chaotic this speculation gets.
Fatman mentioned people being coy in the leaking circles, so perhaps leakers do have something to say about this? It's just a matter of when.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, someone from the Doomguy thread here, I just wanna say best of luck to y'all. Geno has been one of those legendary characters that people have wanted for a long time. In my opinion, he truly deserves to be in smash and I think now could be the time for his arrival.
I wish to all of you the best of luck.

MattX20

Smash Hero
What are you guys's thoughts on this? Are they anyone in the Sabi server? Need details.
I'm skeptical of this guy's claims since a large portion of the modding community have already made their voices clear on this whole thing.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
"The only way to prove it fake is that the faker comes out or that a legit source confirms/debunks it. People can prove how much it can be done, but that doesn't prove it was made by someone in the end. It's like saying if you can do picasso then you are picasso…no lol, thats not how it works. Only a legit source can confirm/debunk this or the faker to come out. People can say they made it just because they are against the characters and want to fake debunk it, the smash community is that childish. "

-User from Sabi Server

D

Deleted member

Interesting if true, but are these people at all to be believed? Who are they?
That's what I wanna know. I think I found his twitter and he also claims that the difficulty of modding hats might not be as hard as was made out.

We're reaching "he said, she said" territory so I'm dipping out of this speculation.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Two things that always ring true after a "leak"
1. *Anyone can make a leak* images
2. People claiming they made the leak to try and get credit in case it's fake.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Eh, even if the leak is fake, we do still have the Mii costume leak from before that holds a good amount of water. I wouldn't be too downtrodden yet.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
even if the leak is fake which nothing they've done so far would imply then it only drops us to about 100%, so I'd say our chances are still good.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So update from Sabi. Basically Sabi will know by today or tomorrow if it's real. But the guy's reaction made it sound like it's legit. I say we wait
Just to make sure, this is real correct? Did you see this? People Photoshoping this stuff can happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I saw this in person. If anyone is in PapaGenos discord, it is pinned
That's good. Seems like it won't be too long long before we get leaker imput on this thing, and when one starts to do so, a bunch usually follow.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So update from Sabi. Basically Sabi will know by today or tomorrow if it's real. But the guy's reaction made it sound like it's legit. I say we wait
Yeah i say lets wait for this source of sabi to have a say, anyone else can pretend to be picasso in order to say a fake picasso did a picasso piece of art, it still won't prove who really did it or if it was made by a fan or not lol.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
That's good. Seems like it won't be too long long before we get leaker imput on this thing, and when one starts to do, a bunch usually follow.
this, I just hope that stack of dominoes goes on long enough that someone actually squeaks on if geno or doomguy is in or not.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
That's good. Seems lime it won't be too long long before we get leaker imput on this thing, and when one starts to do, a bunch usually follow.
Yep. Not exactly the same scenario, but when the SNK trademarked was leaked, we got confirmation it was Terry. With the Grinch Leak, we eventually got a ton of insiders saying it was fake. So we'll likely know for real if this leak is legit or not in short time

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
My thinking with the costumes dropping with Terry is that Doom Marine is NOT playable and is a Mii costume, but it leaves things uncertain for Geno. For all we know, post-pass characters might not even come with costumes, so they're like, "Well, we've gotta throw these SMRPG costumes coinciding with Geno's reveal somewhere."

I'm 50/50 on this, gotta say it again. I'm convinced the leak is real, but it could either mean Geno is costumed again or is actually happening. Hoping for the latter...
^This. You're the first person I've seen mention that things don't have to follow the pattern we've been seeing in FP for post FP so for all we know they could just release Mii costumes separately or in their own bundles instead of along with fighters. So while this does appear to be a genuine leak, even if it is, it still doesn't really mean either Geno or Doomslayer will be playable and not also costumes. I'd still say Geno is 50/50 and unfortunately even with all the factors compiling in his favor, he never really seems to budge significantly from that level of likelihood because every detail we've been pointing to still has this massive odd gapping hole of the complete absence of Geno as fighter or costume and things continue to just kind of imply his inclusion which IMO is a very bad sign. Implications are never a good thing to put certainty in and unfortunately that's all we ever have to work with. Nintendo has proven time and time again even with Ultimate's cycle that they don't always think the way that we think. I swear sometimes I just imagine people in this thread having the longest arms with all the reaching that they do. Also, I've spent all day trying to catch up to the thread when I have time and am still pages away ugh it's exhausting. At any rate I really hope this bodes well for us and Doomslayer fans, but I'd say it could just as well spell our doom pun intended.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
honestly this looks real to me.
i really hope that it is, as both Doom Slayer and Geno would be great.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I understand that you guys want to be careful about this leak and not raise your expectations/hype very high but if the Geno Mii Costume were to come back it would have already returned in Hero's presentation, even though it seems to me that this is quite real

OffBi

Smash Ace
Why aren't the inside sources saying if it's real or fake, just get on with it
I'm scared you maggots

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Why aren't the inside sources saying if it's real or fake, just get on with it
I'm scared you maggots
Sabi said she'll know by today/tomorrow. Leaking things is risky so I can understand why some would hold off on it

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If these people know whodunnit, why don't they just post images of the models in Blender or something? That's what that one guy did with his Geno model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom