• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Actually, that's a good question... If you could pick eight partners or supporting characters from the entirety of the Mario RPG series (PM, M&L, SMRPG) to become Mario's partners in a new game, who would you pick?
Great question! I'd pick
1) Geno
2) Mallow
3) Jonathan Jones
4) Boshi
5) Gombella
7) Vivian
8) E. Gadd (Since he was in M&L: SSS)

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
The assist is because they have an already implemented model, an algorithm of when they are going to appear and what they are programmed to do. If they implement someone like... let's say Isaac, they would have to either remove that AT completely or program so that he won´t appear whenever Isaac is playable. The latter, if unlucky could be causing a glitch, unlike a JPG that is just... well a JPG
Remember there are certain stages to prevent Assist Trophies from showing up, like Alucard in Wii Fit Studio. They can easily stop certain Assist Trophies from showing up if the character is being played. If not, well we Robin who can summon Chrom for his Final Smash against Chrom, so who cares.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
1.400 pages. I’m pretty sure we will be at page 1.500 when Geno gets revealed.

Is there another character with more pages than Geno? I’m kind of new to the forum (couple of months) so I’m curious. Also, Do you think Sakurai and his team know the amount of discussion this legendary character can get?

Geno for Smash! ⭐
Newish to the forum eh? You know what I can suggest if you have not done so ... participate in our writing campaign! Send your support to smashultimatedlc@gmail.com!!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Remember there are certain stages to prevent Assist Trophies from showing up, like Alucard in Wii Fit Studio. They can easily stop certain Assist Trophies from showing up if the character is being played. If not, well we Robin who can summon Chrom for his Final Smash against Chrom, so who cares.
Exactly. I don’t see it being a problem. Another thing is some characters might have been put as AT’s because at the time Sakurai and his team had other characters as priorities and didn’t think they’d have time to make them playable.

Now that the game has been out and has sold better than any other Smash game and the DLC is selling like crazy Sakurai can go back to some fan favorites who didn’t make the cut or were relegated to AT status and rework them since he has all the time he wants now to just please fans and add to the roster.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I'm really intrigued to see what "rules" will be broken with this new set of DLC. Me personally, I always thought Spirits meant they were ruled out from being Fighters Pass choices because I personally didn't see why they would add them twice. It's a little different from a current fighter opposed to a DLC fighter. Assist Trophies were obvious deconfirmations for me.

But this new set of DLC, however it's marketed as (whether a new pass of just individual) opens the door. I think this could be characters that still have lots of support. Or it could be the same as the first pass, and include all new characters to the franchise. I hope they upgrade some spirits/AT's, although, I'm a little more optimistic with the spirits. I still personally think AT's are done, but I'd love Isaac or Skull Kid to make the jump.

This news revitalized my hope, and I'm going to continue being cautiously optimistic as I always am.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
i think I’m pretty much on the up and up. We will be taking in emails and print them out for a letter writing campaign for Nintendo, square and sakurai. We want some positive and compassionate letters. We also love artwork, music, etc! The goal is to send it as soon as possible by the end of the month to make our voices heard!

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Thanks papa! Also .... please take a look at our writing campaign! We know you are a big supporter of our awesome puppet!

Man, I feel like a 70’s salesman selling a turquoise ring (anyone gets the reference, kudos to you)

Jonathan Motes

Smash Rookie
This Geno campaign is really starting to gain momentum, by the looks of it.

I'm quite interested to see where this will all lead. Such a large collection of people coming together to support something they treasure is a sight to see. Wish you all the best of luck.

Also keep it friendly, y'all.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This Geno campaign is really starting to gain momentum, by the looks of it.

I'm quite interested to see where this will all lead. Such a large collection of people coming together to support something they treasure is a sight to see. Wish you all the best of luck.

Also keep it friendly, y'all.
I can't stress that last bit enough. PLEASE don't be disrespectful to anyone at the big companies when we get these letters out! Make sure your messages are kind and clean!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Actually, that's a good question... If you could pick eight partners or supporting characters from the entirety of the Mario RPG series (PM, M&L, SMRPG) to become Mario's partners in a new game, who would you pick? My list would be as follows:

1) Geno (obviously)
2) Mallow (obviously!!)
3) Jonathan Jones
4) Vivian
5) Parakarry
6) Prince Peasley
7) Dreambert (shhh I think he's adorable)
8) HECKING LUIGI
A new game with all the fan-favorite characters, where Mario has to save the entirety of time itself from a new threat? That new threat takes control of all previous Mega-Villains, and the final boss feels like you're almost fighting yourself, because they have as many partners as you do?

SUPER MARIO RPG 2:
PLUMBING THE TIME-SEWERS

Mario joins up with old friends as they help him take on his biggest threat yet, featuring:
1) Geno
-First joining your party to alert you of the threat, Geno makes his grand return from Super Mario RPG! In addition to being very strong in battle, he can call on the power of the stars to reveal nearby secrets, and helps remind you of your next goal.

2) Starlow
-After hearing the story from Geno, you head to Peach's castle to get her help- only to find she was kidnapped again... After saving Starlow from some of Bowser's baddies, she helps you, and even fights with you for the first time! She can tell you about an enemies health and weaknesses, and also tell you about whatever location you're in.

3) Mallow
-Obviously, being what Geno is most familiar with, the first place the party goes is back to the Mushroom Kingdom, right after Smithy was defeated. It turns out, whatever force is messing with time immediately brought him back, and is ruining everything. As you try to stop Smithy for the second time, you find King Mallow, who happily joins your party to kick Smithy's tush again. He's an adept user of magic, and in the overworld he can use his control over the weather to help solve puzzles by watering plants or reversing the wind. He can even help Mario descend more slowly with a cloudy platform.

4) Vivian
-After defeating Smithy once and for all, the second time, the next item on the agenda is one of the most dangerous- the Shadow Queen is back! Feeling a bit guilty due to her relation to said Queen, (and also because she has a massive crush on Mario,) Vivian joins your party to help out. She's a master of the shadows and fire. In the overworld, she can help you hide and protect you from anything, as well as use her powers of fire to burn down obstacles.

5) Nastasia
-Surprise surprise, Dimentio has been given power once again, and with Count Bleck and Tippi gone to live happily ever after, Nastasia offers to join your party as the strongest secretary around. Her hypnotic abilities make it easy for her to strengthen Mario and his friends, as well as make opponents weaker. In the overworld, she can hypnotize enemies to keep them from attacking you, or use her strong psychic powers to lift heavy rocks Mario can't break with his hammer.

6) Broque Monsieur
-The pattern continues with yet another super-boss from before given power once again. Dark Star Bowser threatens to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, so this French Block-Man comes to help. He's nearly indestructible with his high defense, and has his pets to deal serious damage. On the overworld, he can act as a bridge across gaps by using his blocky body, or shield you from nearly anything.

7) Yoshi
-As you get close to realizing who the true threat is, you have to go WAY back- back to when Mario was a baby- and find out that Kamek has stolen Baby Mario AND Baby Luigi! Obviously, the Yoshi tribe that worked so hard to stop that from happening is out with a vengeance to get them back. Working with Mario's adult self, whichever color of Yoshi you decide to partner with can help you out by throwing eggs at hard-to-reach places, or just helping you travel much faster.

8) Cappy
-In the near future, you finally find out what's going on- Bowser has managed to build a time machine, and is trying to rewrite history so he's on top. A slightly older Cappy finds you in this future. He can't be your hat anymore, but he can certainly be helpful! He can be tossed to get far-away items that you can't reach like a boomerang, or even possess certain creatures to use their abilities!

The final boss, of course, is Future Bowser, and he's got a Dream Team of his own. Mr. L, Fawful, Queen Shroob, Beldam, Kammy, Antasma, Wart, and even Waluigi are all on his side! Not to mention the Koopalings and Bowser Jr... But if anyone can do it, it's Mario and his friends!

Coming... never. Unfortunately.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I read through all the emails, so nothing negative will get accepted. Of course, if s person is trying to be genuine, I will provide help and opportunity for adjustments. Granted, that doesn’t apply to ... troll responses. I will ignore those.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
I dunno either. I thought it was a joke post honestly rofl.
Certainly lol
First of all, it's not an official statement of any kind, so I'm sorry if I made you think that way ú_u
It's a system that I'm doing for my company. Since I have to make firmware patches, I change the current version manually to check if the patch works. So this time I thought "ooh, Geno 4 smash!!" and I did it.
But, I thought it was a bit of a stretch so I thought it wasn't a good idea to upload it...until I came today and I found that I DID upload it :foe!:, then I remembered I arrived drunk yesterday from my company's party and I did some stuff before falling asleep :rotfl:
So, tl;dr: Sorry guys, lol

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Totally agree... but I'd honestly take anything.

Actually, what if we got a GOOD Paper Mario RPG again that acts as a TRUE sequel to SMRPG (as in, featuring the return of Geno, Mallow, Smithy, Booster, Jonathan Jones, etc.)? People want Paper Mario to be good again and for SMRPG to get a sequel or remake. This would kill two starlings with one stone.

Yeah, I know that's not happening with IS being the way they are now, but I can dream rofl.

Actually, that's a good question... If you could pick eight partners or supporting characters from the entirety of the Mario RPG series (PM, M&L, SMRPG) to become Mario's partners in a new game, who would you pick? My list would be as follows:

1) Geno (obviously)
2) Mallow (obviously!!)
3) Jonathan Jones
4) Vivian
5) Parakarry
6) Prince Peasley
8) HECKING LUIGI

I don't care what he comes with. I just want him to come home. <3
I'd like one of the RPG series to revolve around my boi for his 30th anniversary next year :yoshi:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I read through all the emails, so nothing negative will get accepted. Of course, if s person is trying to be genuine, I will provide help and opportunity for adjustments. Granted, that doesn’t apply to ... troll responses. I will ignore those.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
It would be a necessary mechanic simply by making it difficult, as difficult as it is in the actual games. If it's a 2-3 frame window to get the maximum damage, then you can't always rely on getting max damage unless you're godlike. Especially since the exact frame you hit is usually different because you're moving around in Smash. Geno's animations DO change when you get the timed hits, just not as much as others. That'd be a great way to convey the info in smash though, yeah. His special moves having the timed hits mechanic would be more important I think.

I really should re-do my Geno moveset (for like the fifth time now), I'm not satisfied with it.
Ooh I would love to see your moveset when you rework it! I had a lot of fun making my Geno moveset. I don't really know how timed hits would work in Smash so instead of focusing on them I just focused on moves that made sense for Geno. I like the idea of Geno's neutral B being a really quick attack where he can shoot his arm but he generally does little damage but you can work your neutral B into combos for quick crazy combos to give the illusion of timed hits.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
There is a letter? Is there still time for me to sign it?
There is still time! Just send an email to smashultimatedlc@gmail.com. Please send an email supporting Geno for smash. Keep it respectable and clean. It’s also important to talk about why you want Geno, fond memories of him and other content to increase its size.

papagenos papagenos , I watched your latest video, which I tend to do. Would you be willing to give us a quick shout out about this campaign? The more support we get the better!

Go Geno!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There is still time! Just send an email to smashultimatedlc@gmail.com. Please send an email supporting Geno for smash. Keep it respectable and clean. It’s also important to talk about why you want Geno, fond memories of him and other content to increase its size.

papagenos papagenos , I watched your latest video, which I tend to do. Would you be willing to give us a quick shout out about this campaign? The more support we get the better!

Go Geno!
Smashultimatedlc@gmail.com? Is that official or is it owned by a fan?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I feel Geno has to be Fighter 76. I’m predicting three characters past the fighter pass and Smash never finishes strong. I reckon we will get one more fan pick and that slot will be 76. I will become legimimately worried again if 76 isnt Geno

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It’s originally created by me and is now in connection with operation Starfall. Originally I was going to do a Smash Ultimate dlc campaign untill we got confirmation for more DLC ... so naturally the focus is now specifically for Geno!

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Go Geno!
What is the time frame you're looking at for having these done? I really want to write a letter but won't be back from vacation till the 13th and then I'll have a laptop to type it up on and will just need time to do so.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It’s originally created by me and is now in connection with operation Starfall. Originally I was going to do a Smash Ultimate dlc campaign untill we got confirmation for more DLC ... so naturally the focus is now specifically for Geno!
Did you get my email?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The goal is to have it done around the end of the month. The quick turn around time is due to Nintendo announcing DLC is in development, so the sooner the better!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
What is the time frame you're looking at for having these done? I really want to write a letter but won't be back from vacation till the 13th and then I'll have a laptop to type it up on and will just need time to do so.
I should have clarified this in my tweet. We should be looking at End of October/Early November for a dealine. I will decide on a date soon.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I feel Geno has to be Fighter 76. I’m predicting three characters past the fighter pass and Smash never finishes strong. I reckon we will get one more fan pick and that slot will be 76. I will become legimimately worried again if 76 isnt Geno
That seems overly pessimistic with regards to how many characters they'll include post Fighter's Pass. I think if they only had a couple more, they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it this early on. If they're announcing this now, and not just casually after #5 gets shown off or something, that just speaks to me as a sort of intention to much more meaningful and long-term support for the game. I don't know if they'll fill all 10 slots found in WoL, but I'd be shocked if they didn't at least do another year's worth (so, roughly 5).

Also, as for the "never finishes strong." I'd argue Bayonetta was a pretty damn strong finisher for Smash 4 DLC. Shulk was also technically the last reveal before Smash for 3DS was released, so I'd also argue he's a pretty damn strong contender. I also doubt this has ever been an intentional logic to end poorly or whatever, and that people always worrying about it has grown a tad bit repetitive. It's literally the easiest "rule" to break and may well happen by the end of Ultimate haha.

I just don't think there's any real reason to worry about Geno not showing up until we get some sort of firm end-of-the-line type announcement from Sakurai that indicates DLC will be coming to a close. If Geno isn't in by that point, then yes, that will be a legitimate cause of concern. BUT, we just got the announcement of more fighters, so I see absolutely no reason to create fear about Geno not showing up at this point or that. The future is incredibly undefined at this moment and there's absolutely no reason Geno needs to be #76 or #77 or whatever. He'll show up when Sakurai has him ready (though it would be nice sooner rather than later so our hearts don't have to flutter every single time they show off new Mii costumes).

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Would you guys rather have a SMRPG HD remake or a SMRPG sequel?
A true sequel since there are a lot of mysteries in SMRPG that I feel needs to be solved such as meeting the higher authority of Geno and the vanda kingdom that culex has mentioned and him saying he will come back in another game and the unused characters and one of them being a Boshi transformation Boshummut.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Totally agree... but I'd honestly take anything.

Actually, what if we got a GOOD Paper Mario RPG again that acts as a TRUE sequel to SMRPG (as in, featuring the return of Geno, Mallow, Smithy, Booster, Jonathan Jones, etc.)? People want Paper Mario to be good again and for SMRPG to get a sequel or remake. This would kill two starlings with one stone.

Yeah, I know that's not happening with IS being the way they are now, but I can dream rofl.

1) Geno (obviously)
2) Mallow (obviously!!)
3) Jonathan Jones
4) Vivian
5) Parakarry
6) Prince Peasley
8) HECKING LUIGI

I don't care what he comes with. I just want him to come home. <3
I actually haven't really played any of the other Mario RPG's. I technically played thousand year door a little because someone in my family played it during the gamecube days. But I didn't actually play much video games during the gamecube. All my friends were playing like Halo on XBOX and RPG's like Dragon Quest 8 and Kingdom Hearts 2 on PS2

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Whoa what some assist trophies don't show up on some stages? Is this purely for gameplay reasons? I always figured it wouldn't be too difficult to have certain assist trophies not be able to show up in matches if they got upgraded to a playable fighter, but knowing this definitely makes it clear that it's possible.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Whoa what some assist trophies don't show up on some stages? Is this purely for gameplay reasons? I always figured it wouldn't be too difficult to have certain assist trophies not be able to show up in matches if they got upgraded to a playable fighter, but knowing this definitely makes it clear that it's possible.
Palkia, Knuckles, and the Moon can’t show up on the stages where they appear in the background, and some Pokémon/Assist Trophies can’t appear on stages for other reasons. For example, Marshadow actually can’t appear on a huge number of stages, presumably because of the fact that it sinks itself into the ground, which might cause trouble on stages with moving parts.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Did you guy tell papagenos about the fan made geno remix that got taken down with the sans track? I feel like that could mean something.
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 10.56.51 PM.png

Last edited:

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
I've always had a gut feeling that Sakurai wouldn't end content for Ultimate, without Geno coming in at some point, so those additional DLC characters after the Fighter's Pass, and that comment on "pleasing the fans" have got me even more optimistic about Geno's chances.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Idk I think the reactions would've been more interesting the other way.

It's one thing if it leaks weeks before the reveal, but like 24 hrs before? 48? Granted this time MVP leaker Nintendo did a lot of the heavy lifting, but still. At that point it's almost like hearing someone spill the ending of the movie as you're walking in.
I was talking about the part of not believing leakers without pictures, since I've never provided pictures for anything lol.

but yeah, this leak was very close to reveal. Two days before iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom