• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
If he gets turned into a Mii costume again I will feel kind of insulted...
I mean haven't we waited a little long, I just hope it at least looks as good as the Sans one....
but imagine if we actually do get him as a fighter...

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
If he gets turned into a Mii costume again I will feel kind of insulted...
I mean haven't we waited a little long, I just hope it at least looks as good as the Sans one....
but imagine if we actually do get him as a fighter...
I think Geno is probably going to return as a Mii costume but maybe with a Geno face instead of just a hat. The Sans Mii costume has certainly set the precedent for top tier Mii costumes now.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Also, I know we've talked about the assist trophy thing but I genuinely think Sakurai would attempt to right the wrong of Issac. They were all surprised by the disappointment and I do think that's a Sakurai thing he would do. Whether they disable Issac's assist when he's in play or swap him out with a different character, I feel like Issac may get upgraded. Like, 50-50.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Also, I know we've talked about the assist trophy thing but I genuinely think Sakurai would attempt to right the wrong of Issac. They were all surprised by the disappointment and I do think that's a Sakurai thing he would do. Whether they disable Issac's assist when he's in play or swap him out with a different character, I feel like Issac may get upgraded. Like, 50-50.
I also know that Sakurai know that if he upgrades any AT, people will complain about "why didn¨t you upgrade that AT too" and not celebrate that he will be playable. As someone that would like to see Isaac in the game, it would be more of a lose scenario for Sakurai then win scenario to upgrade any Ats truth be told

Sure, the same goes for Spirits on that regard, but like I said earlier.. its not the same amount of work

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I also know that Sakurai know that if he upgrades any AT, people will complain about "why didn¨t you upgrade that AT too" and not celebrate that he will be playable. As someone that would like to see Isaac in the game, it would be more of a lose scenario for Sakurai then win scenario to upgrade any Ats truth be told

Sure, the same goes for Spirits on that regard, but like I said earlier.. its not the same amount of work
Unfortunately, yeah, that's a slippery slope that comes with the territory.

With that said, I doubt we'll get AT promotions, but if we do, I'd say Waluigi is first in line with Isaac coming up behind him.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

I don’t think so. People already have the mentality of “Why did that character become playable and mine didn’t?” Or.. “Why did my favorite character only get a spirit and that one made the roster?”

So it doesn’t matter. No matter what Sakurai does some people will complain.

Some AT’s like Little Mac and Dark Samus made the jump between games. What about the AT’s that didn’t? So I don’t think Sakurai worries about that.

Last edited:

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
With that said, I doubt we'll get AT promotions, but if we do, I'd say Waluigi is first in line with Isaac coming up behind him.
If anything, I'd say that the death threats Sakurai's gotten over Waluigi have just convinced him more and more to keep him from being playable, which I think is a shame, because I honestly like Waluigi, and I do want for him to be in Smash someday and have more prominence, but the toxic memers that sadly make up the majority of his fanbase keep putting their feet in their mouths, and digging him deeper and deeper into a hole that gets more difficult for him to climb out of.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If anything, I'd say that the death threats Sakurai's gotten over Waluigi have just convinced him more and more to keep him from being playable, which I think is a shame, because I honestly like Waluigi, and I do want for him to be in Smash someday and have more prominence, but the toxic memers that sadly make up the majority of his fanbase keep putting their feet in their mouths, and digging him deeper and deeper into a hole that gets more difficult for him to climb out of.
To be fair it was a few bad fans. I don’t think Sakurai would punish the entire fanbase because of it. If this is the ultimate Smash game and Sakurai wants to “make fans happy” the most vocal fans in mainstream have been the Waluigi fans. The demand has been so noticeable it’s become a meme.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can't say that's a fair assumption that the 'majority' of his fanbase is terrible. People unfairly label Geno's fanbase that way over a few people being ridiculous about Terry not being Geno. There were two death threats from Waluigi fans, and that was HORRIBLE, don't get me wrong, but two in a sea of hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and so on... isn't much.

Considering how much flak we Geno fans get for innocently liking our character without bashing other choices (not saying we're all that understanding and decent, though, alas), I just... nah. Hell, I even criticized the OW fandom for that some time ago, but honestly, that wasn't fair of me. Judging a fanbase in its entirety because of its toxic side ain't right.

... Although Smash fandom does get me very damn tempted to do so because of how much of a wasteland it can be. Oof...

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
I can't say that's a fair assumption that the 'majority' of his fanbase is terrible. People unfairly label Geno's fanbase that way over a few people being ridiculous about Terry not being Geno. There were two death threats from Waluigi fans, and that was HORRIBLE, don't get me wrong, but two in a sea of hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and so on... isn't much.

Considering how much flak we Geno fans get for innocently liking our character without bashing other choices (not saying we're all that understanding and decent, though, alas)
I kind of hate how Geno gets bashed on all the time....
I mean we're just wishing for our character...

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
It’s just some people being petty and getting angry that there’s so much fan demand for certain characters and not the characters they want in. So they feel the need to bash the fan favorites and it makes them feel better to see those fans get denied. I don’t know why. It’s sad.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its not great. I think its just a matter of Square creating so many remember-able characters and people want one over the other first. I mean Hero was a smarter square character to chose first rather than Geno. Square character wise now his only competition is Lara Croft really (seeing as Sora is Disney).

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
So I had this fear months ago when I played Smash Bros. Crusade for the first time in years and they put in Geno...and I didn't enjoy playing him (my fav in Crusade is Klonoa, fun fact about me) and I had a existential crisis. Literally, when I had that thought that I might not like how Geno played if he got into Ultimate...it felt like life around me stopped for a moment and everything felt dark.

I understand that this seems dumb. Geno is just a video game character, so why would you get so bent out of shape about it, but I need you to hear me out.

Sometimes people love and latch onto small and simple things that others think are dumb, but to THAT person, it's their world. It means everything to them. It's such a big deal that not having it can cause them to come crashing down, much like a toddler or child who doesn't have their 'blanky' or their favorite toy. As an adult, there are many things we hold dear to that meant something to us as a kid, and there are things that will stick with me forever. I have a few of those things, but the hours I spent playing SNES both by myself with Kirby Super Star and SMRPG as well as playing Mario with my mom really mean a lot with me, right up there with all the time I spent playing Nintendo 64 with my friends, cousins and family. Smash means a lot to me because it defined my childhood and it was one of the few ways as a kid with a disability that no one really understood at the time (Asperger's Syndrome, for those who are wondering) to get together with other kids and have a good time. That unfinished basement that flooded a lot? The couch that decayed more and more over time? My stepmom having to shout angrily from upstairs to get us to stop playing and for my friends to go home? That is a huge part of me.

As I've mentioned before, as a kid I played SMRPG before I got a Nintendo 64 because even though my mom spoiled me (I got it for Christmas I believe, or maybe Day 1, I'm not sure) I still loved my SNES. I remember walking into the local game store and seeing rows and rows of shelves with SNES games. It was that store that head me play awesome SNES games like Looney Tunes B-Ball and Tetris Attack (another game I played with my mom), but it was also the store where I saw SMRPG for the first time and I saw Mario, Bowser and Princess Toadstool on the cover and I HAD TO HAVE EVERY MARIO GAME! It was my first experience with an RPG before Pokemon took over my life and it blew me away with it's charm even as a kid (I was five at the time and I thought Geno had slit eyes like Frisk and a big nose like he was Wimpy from Popeye or something, and even then I thought he was super cool! The sound effects of the special attacks are ingrained into my brain. Mario doing impersonations made me laugh as a kid!) and I was blown absolutely away that Bowser became part of the team and he was more than just the big bad. I thought it was cool that Toadstool was in the party, but since I kept using her Sleepy Time and Silence Balloon on enemies that it didn't work on/had a low chance I thought she was useless outside of Psyche Bomb (Kid Logic: I can heal with items, so why not have a whole team of strong characters instead!).

That all fell away when the N64 and then Pokemon came out and my life revolved around Pokemon during the big Pokemon boom of the late 90s early 2000s. Still, years later I played SMRPG again and I fell in love with it all over again. I even used a blank VHS tape to record all the special moves and cool fights and secrets I knew because no one knew about this game and I was absolutely appalled and felt I had to spread the good news as it were. I remembered how much I loved Geno and Mallow and everything about the game, and it feels like not long after that I went straight into the Brawl phase with Smash Dojo and rumors of Geno and the like but I'm missing some time in there somewhere. Anyway, I wanted Geno in Brawl SOOOOO bad and I remember wanting him before that but not really thinking too much about it, just like once or twice being like 'Geno would be cool in Melee' but nothing too crazy because before the concept of patches and DLC I was normally content with what I got.

I won't go too much deeper than that, but I HAVE to stress that some of us here have been campaigning for Geno in one way or another for nearly 12 years and some of us a bit longer. Some of us are old enough to have played and fallen in love with SMRPG when it first released and, despite all the crazy cool stuff that has happened in gaming since then, SMRPG's charm has stuck with us for over 20 years. This is why some of us freak out when it seems Geno has no chance and it's why when we make stupid comment in the heat of the moment I'm still understanding because...well...

Geno may just be a stupid video game character from an irrelevant game over 20 years ago...but he's OUR stupid video game character from an irrelevant game over 20 years ago. He means that much to us and we've championed him for so long that he's a part of us and having part of us rejected over and over and over gets very frustrating. You feel like you want to lash out and that it isn't fair that others get noticed while you have busted your *** for years for seemingly nothing.

And this is why no other character that I could possibly want compares at all to Geno. This is why my list consists of mainly characters other people want, because I KNOW what it's like to champion a character you love for so long.

And, ultimately...this is why if Geno DOES get into Ultimate, I will never have a true request for Sakurai or Smash ever again.

It doesn't matter if Geno doesn't get into another Smash title after Ultimate. Hell, it wouldn't even matter if SMRPG never got anything major outside of Geno in Ultimate for the rest of my lifetime or beyond. That one instance of an amazing developer like Sakurai doing justice to the experience of 5-yr-old and younger-teen-me would fulfill me of anything Sakurai could ever make and, honestly, anything any developer could ever make. Even if Geno comes alone with no stage or anything else, ultimately I'd still be ungodly grateful. That's why I will ball like a baby upon his reveal, and why if Geno is revealed as a character Sakurai took extra hours and time and cut out expenses to make happen when he could have stopped at five character, I will cry that much more.

I'm not sure I could make a better post on explaining what Geno means to me, and that is why I understand the fear of not liking the character upon release. Crusade did that to me, but then I saw how Sakurai made even the West like Hero and how Banjo and Kazooie are just absolutely perfect and then I breathed a sigh of relief.

If Geno gets in, Sakurai will do him right. He may not be top tier, hell, he may not even be GOOD...but he will play how we all felt he should. He will feel like Geno, and we may not get good with him or enjoy playing him the 'correct way' but we will love playing as him.

That's just how it is.
This post right here is exactly what we need to reference when someone tries to understand why we would want someone like Geno.

Well said indeed. *insert standing ovation here*

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I've never played a KH game and frankly don't feel like I'd click with the series at all, given what all I've seen, but I'd be very happy for Sora's fans if he got in!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
would you say characters in final smashes like Bass, Kumatora and Mecha-Fiora would be safe? They'd literally be in a Chrom sitch which is no big deal, as final smashes play out the same way each time
If we were ever to get another Mega Man character, it HAS to be Bass. Zero is right up there too but for me, it's all about that.....black and orange bot with the badass wolf ;)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
That’s the sad truth about this fandom, if you’re a long-requested fan-favorite that’s talked about so much in speculation then chances are everyone will start hating on them and not want to see them included for the sake of spiting the majority.

:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:&:ultridley: fans all dealt with this nonsense non-stop before they got in and now Bandana Dee, Waluigi, Isaac, & Geno himself are dealing with it too.

I was initially meh and uninterested at first but I’m liking Terry’s inclusion and SNK deserved a character but man, you couldn’t imagine how many “TeRRy IsN’T WAlUigi Or GeNO” mock posts I’ve seen.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That’s the sad truth about this fandom, if you’re a long-requested fan-favorite that’s talked about so much in speculation then chances are everyone will start hating on them and not want to see them included for the sake of spiting the majority.

:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:&:ultridley: fans all dealt with this nonsense non-stop before they got in and now Bandana Dee, Waluigi, Isaac, & Geno himself are dealing with it too.

I was initially meh and uninterested at first but I’m liking Terry’s inclusion and SNK deserved a character but man, you couldn’t imagine how many “TeRRy IsN’T WAlUigi Or GeNO” mock posts I’ve seen.
It's honestly disgusting, this coming from someone who thinks Terry Bogard is awesome and also really wants Geno. They're both good characters in their own rights. Wish we could all just get along, but with the diversity of the fanbase (natural for such a huge crossover), that's impossible.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Considering how much flak we Geno fans get for innocently liking our character without bashing other choices (not saying we're all that understanding and decent, though, alas), I just... nah. Hell, I even criticized the OW fandom for that some time ago, but honestly, that wasn't fair of me. Judging a fanbase in its entirety because of its toxic side ain't right.

... Although Smash fandom does get me very damn tempted to do so because of how much of a wasteland it can be. Oof...
Speaking of OW, in that Papa WozSabi poll, I didn't even know who to put in as my least wanted character because I'm REALLY not that kind of person. I may say I wouldn't want a character, but it's always 'I wouldn't want to see them before fan favorites' not that I wouldn't want to see them at all.

Then I remembered how I felt about people talking about Tracer, and I was like 'Oh no, please no, not for like another 5 years worth of characters please' so I decided to slap her in there. Sorry about that MissingGlitch MissingGlitch ... like, it's not even the character (I think she's adorkable in her own way) but god I hate Blizzard right now. Someone made a post talking about how the 3rd Party characters are all coming from studios that have done shady things, but the fact is none of them have done anti-consumer things on the level of Blizzard, Activision or EA.

Some people in here are worried about Disney being involved in Smash, well I don't want companies like that rewarded with a rep in Smash. In my eyes, if you are anti-consumer and just wanna milk your fans and don't give a **** about them, you are the opposite of the spirit of Smash and don't deserve a rep.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
It's just a matter of time, let's be honest. Geno is the most likely candidate for a fanservice character pick for post Fighter's Pass. He's just got so much going for him and Sakurai knows he's huge. I'm 100% certain he'll be a DLC fighter, especially next year when the pass ends. After him though, I feel like we may very well get an Undertale fighter simply because Sakurai and Toby seem really buddy-buddy and I just can't shake the feeling that they'd add something else. I do think that Sans's Mii costume could shut down that possibly but then again, who really knows anymore?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Speaking of OW, in that Papa WozSabi poll, I didn't even know who to put in as my least wanted character because I'm REALLY not that kind of person. I may say I wouldn't want a character, but it's always 'I wouldn't want to see them before fan favorites' not that I wouldn't want to see them at all.

Then I remembered how I felt about people talking about Tracer, and I was like 'Oh no, please no, not for like another 5 years worth of characters please' so I decided to slap her in there. Sorry about that MissingGlitch MissingGlitch ... like, it's not even the character (I think she's adorkable in her own way) but god I hate Blizzard right now. Someone made a post talking about how the 3rd Party characters are all coming from studios that have done shady things, but the fact is none of them have done anti-consumer things on the level of Blizzard, Activision or EA.

Some people in here are worried about Disney being involved in Smash, well I don't want companies like that rewarded with a rep in Smash. In my eyes, if you are anti-consumer and just wanna milk your fans and don't give a **** about them, you are the opposite of the spirit of Smash and don't deserve a rep.
I'm mostly the same, really. There are very few characters I outright don't want to see become playable fighters in Smash, and if I'm opposed to any others characters it's usually because there are other characters I'd rather see. That's how I was with Steve before Banjo & Kazooie got in, I don't have anything against him, I just wanted Banjo & Kazooie more. Same with Sora. Don't really care about Kingdom Hearts, just want Geno more.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Which gets amusing as the detractors then don't shut up about how much they hate those characters and become even more obsessed with fans. Sadly they don't get called out as much or to the degree of dislike compared to the obsessed fans as the Smash fanbase seems to like fan salt. Hater salt must not be as tasty to them.

Ironically, the detractors sometimes keep a request active and fresh on people's minds more than fans because they just keep complaining about or mocking them. So they have themselves to blame why a character keeps coming up.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As someone who's most wanted character was an Undertale rep, I'm really happy with the Sans costume. Of course, I'm a bit disappointed that my most wanted essentially got de-confirmed, but at the same time, it feels like he's playable. I can watch someone play as Sans in Smash and it looks like he's actually there. That in itself means a lot to me.

On the subject of the Geno costume, I will say that it was one of my favorites in Smash 4 because it produced a similar effect, but in a different way. While the head was always imperfect, the overall costume and playstyle of the Mii Gunner fit Geno perfectly. It took more squinting than with Sans, but I could dress up my Mii as Geno and feel like I was (almost) playing as him.

All that is to say if we don't get Geno himself, I hope they at least have the decency to bring his costume back, preferably upgraded with a proper helmet. Even if it's only illusory, a well-executed illusion can produce very real emotions.
I know that feeling as Goemon is my most wanted character, but I was SUPER thrilled for his Mii costume because I never thought Goemon would ever be in Smash in any form. I certainly would prefer a playable character over a Mii costume, but now I'm happy to know Goemon finally has his foot in the door.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hmm, since yesterday I've been thinking; Geno's inclusion could play a role reveal-wise for Sora, and in addition to that, the inclusion of both characters would wrap up what I've come to think of as the "square" allegory. If those two were to make it into Ultimate, Square Enix would have four characters in the roster (the four corners of the square). Each character would also represent a different era or circumstance of the company as well.

Cloud: Final Fantasy VII; originated back when the company was known as Squaresoft and entered into the next console generation.
Hero: Dragon Quest (III, IV, VIII, XI); spanning through Enix, and afterwards into Square Enix.
Geno: Super Mario RPG; going back in time when again the company was Squaresoft and ventured into this unique project alongside Nintendo.
Sora: Kingdom Hearts; perhaps Square Enix's modern magnum opus as it collaborated alongside Disney for this unique project.

As for why would Geno's inclusion could work reveal-wise for Sora; although one character is tied to dreams, stars, and working for a higher authority, and the other is linked to the hearts of many worlds, Geno would be in a way like the messenger appointed by the higher authority (Square Enix) to fulfill a dream (Sora's inclusion). For this to happen however, the messenger must be present in its true form (fighter).

This is all speculation, reaching, conspiracy theory, call it what you will but, it's something that was doing the rounds in my head since yesterday. :nifty:

EDIT: Also in regards to music; say if Square actually does this, and they add 2 tracks for Geno, and 6 for Sora (2 from each of the main games), they would have contributed 16 tracks to Ultimate (16/4 = 4 :nifty::2gud: ok ok, enough, I know I'm REACHING here).

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hmm, since yesterday I've been thinking; Geno's inclusion could play a role reveal-wise for Sora, and in addition to that, the inclusion of both characters would wrap up what I've come to think of as the "square" allegory. If those two were to make it into Ultimate, Square Enix would have four characters in the roster (the four corners of the square). Each character would also represent a different era or circumstance of the company as well.

Cloud: Final Fantasy VII; originated back when the company was known as Squaresoft and entered into the next console generation.
Hero: Dragon Quest (III, IV, VIII, XI); spanning through Enix, and afterwards into Square Enix.
Geno: Super Mario RPG; going back in time when again the company was Squaresoft and ventured into this unique project alongside Nintendo.
Sora: Kingdom Hearts; perhaps Square Enix's modern magnum opus as it collaborated alongside Disney for this unique project.

As for why would Geno's inclusion could work reveal-wise for Sora; although one character is tied to dreams, stars, and working for a higher authority, and the other is linked to the hearts of many worlds, Geno would be in a way like the messenger appointed by the higher authority (Square Enix) to fulfill a dream (Sora's inclusion). For this to happen however, the messenger must be present in its true form (fighter).

This is all speculation, reaching, conspiracy theory, call it what you will but, it's something that was doing the rounds in my head since yesterday. :nifty:
I still love the idea people came up for Sora's intro.

Joker is on screen and just KO'd someone. He does a taunt 'Looking cool, Joker!'

Offscreen you here this...

???: "So...YOU'RE the one who's been stealing hearts!"

Joker turns around to see none other than Sora.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Even so, I hope all the character post Fighter's Pass get cool trailers as well. Mainly cuz I want to see fabulous CGI Geno, but also Sora not getting a grandiose trailler doesn't make any sense to me. A pick that big NEEDS a bomb-ass CGI trailer!

D

Deleted member

You're acting like people don't want these characters, and are mocking their fans because the character is popular. That's not true. People who are upset about Terry's inclusion do exist, and they'll often whine about them before talking about characters who they think deserve a spot. These are the people that are being mocked, not people who genuinely support Geno.

D

Deleted member

I’m feeling good about Geno’s chances! Though I think we still gotta watch out for that costume... if Geno is still a costume, I just wish Sakurai can show us already...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
You're acting like people don't want these characters, and are mocking their fans because the character is popular. That's not true. People who are upset about Terry's inclusion do exist, and they'll often whine about them before talking about characters who they think deserve a spot. These are the people that are being mocked, not people who genuinely support Geno.
Imagine being upset that a titan of Fighting Game Lore Yore, one which started the spark for Smash to even exist, got into Smash Bros.

This message has been brought to you from the 'There are other cool characters than just the one you want. Grow up and get over yourself!' Gang.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I would agree, but I've seen people going out of their way to insult genuine Geno supporters because of all of this. The collateral damage to Geno's fans who just want to see our star boy get in without shaming other picks is ridiculous. The people who are cruel about Terry and other characters need to quit it, but the people who are taking it too far and demonizing EVERY Geno fan need to stop, too... and trust me, there's a large number of them out there. Our very own Wish7s Wish7s had to block hundreds of antis that were going out of their way to bother him, literally a hundred in one single freaking day. That's NUTS.

D

Deleted member

I wonder why the Chocobo costume is also missing. Why not bring it back? At least FF is a flagship franchise like Tails and Knuckles for Sonic respectively. And we get more FF content aside with a stage full of summons, two tracks, and no spirits.... Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
There is a difference between games
and inbetween games
Of course. But it still makes people wonder why they get promoted and their AT characters didn’t.

Again, the idea of not promoting an AT because fans of other AT characters would be upset is a little ridiculous.

The same exact thing could be said for promoting spirits or just characters getting in when others don’t. There’s always going to be some people who are upset.

If Geno gets promoted (which I think is highly likely at this point) fans of characters who are spirits that don’t get the same treatment will be upset. So will Sakurai just not promote Geno because he thinks it wouldn’t be fair? I doubt that.

And in terms of AT’s being more work to implement than spirits doesn’t hold any weight at this point in time. The base game has been completed and the Fighter’s Pass is just about done. This next wave of DLC is a blank slate. Sakurai is now just adding more characters to please fans and make the game more grand than it already is. So I think every character has a shot regardless of if they’re a spirit, AT, or not in the game at all. Fan favorites probably have the best shot though for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm just afraid if he becomes a costume they will mock us even further...
I'm kind of scared to say that I like Geno in public
WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK!

Seriously. Y'all be acting like random losers on the internet matter. Suck it up, Buttecup!

I remember a time when people heckling you in person was the worst it could get, now people are taking into account the words of people they will never meet in their lives, the words of people who shouldn't matter at all. This is one of the many reasons I think social media was a mistake, but let me be more encouraging here.

The other night I finished watching The Rising of the Shield Hero, and my god was Season 1 GODLIKE! I got hooked and had to binge it each night after work, to the point where all I did was eat, watch Shield Hero, and sleep. I just couldn't get enough of it as it was an isekai done right in my opinion...but let me get to the point.

Without spoiling the details of what happens, the main character Naofumi gets warped into a medieval world with three others who are now supposed to be the heroes of this world. One has a sword, one has a spear, one has a bow...and Naofumi has a shield. They can't use other weapons other than the ones they came with and Naofumi has no offensive potential at all. He's kinda looked down upon by this new community because he's the Shield Hero but he's so taken back by this new world that he doesn't let it bother him...until they all turn against him based on false accusations and corruption within those with power. He loses absolutely everything in a world he doesn't even understand and is forced to do everything alone. It makes him hard-hearted and the repeated attempts by these people to ruin him break him down over and over, but due to the allies he makes along the way he is eventually able to put himself above all of that...even when the things these jerkoffs do get worse and worse. Sure, he's still petty and angry with them, ESPECIALLY when he is force to ally with them, but he focuses on what is important to him and eventually he shows that what he has been through has made him stronger than all of them and in more ways than one. He even gets some resolution over everything they have put him through near the end of the season just before they drop a whopper of a bomb of a twist.

Basically, sometimes it's hard to not let what other people do and say get you down. It's called being human: we may have logic and reasoning beyond that of other creatures, but we are still emotional and social status is important to us. In those times, look towards those who truly care about you and lean on them when needed, but don't give up and don't let jerks like that win. No matter how hard it gets, you must persevere, if not just for yourself to be better off than to spite those who try to keep you down.

Wow, I'm not sure why I'm so inspirational this weekend but I am.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I don't want the Mii costume to return at all. That they made him a costume in 4, at the same time they announced the end of dlc, really disappointed me to the point I stopped playing Smash 4.

I really hope there's no repeat of that in any way.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I don't want the Mii costume to return at all. That they made him a costume in 4, at the same time they announced the end of dlc, really disappointed me to the point I stopped playing Smash 4.

I really hope there's no repeat of that in any way.
Agreed. And I doubt that’ll happen again since this game is a love letter to the fans and Nintendo and Square are like best friends now.

As someone who has wanted Isaac since Brawl you have no idea how much it sucked to see him announced as an AT in Brawl, then completely disappear from Smash 4 only to be brought back as an AT again in Ultimate and not have him revealed until the last Direct before the game’s release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom