• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If it hasn't been said yet, can we just appreciate the back to back 180's we had in the last month or so.

With all this talent, we could make a great Tony Hawk game :4pacman:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So I'm for some reason trying to think of who the fifth fighter could be (which after Terry Bogard seems impossible to guess now) and the thought occurred to me how hilarious it would be if the fifth fighter was Waluigi.

Starts out with a regular fight, an Assist Trophy item shows up, no one picks it up, then you start hearing loud rumbling as the Assist Trophy item cracks open to reveal Waluigi broken loose. Then they end it with his Final Smash is him summoning another him with the Assist Trophy and hit the opponent back and forth with the tennis rackets.

link2702

Smash Champion
Slightly off topic; I really wish i had experienced stunt race fx when it was originally released, this little gem is actually kinda fun.

Would have blown my mind seeing graphics like that back then.

Of course at that time i was so young that I didn’t pay much attention to anything that wasn’t mario dkc, or kirby, partly cuz those were the games I first got introduced on.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Playing through the SNES library on the Switch Online app, Joe and Mac 2, Puyo Puyo 2, Brawl Bros., and Stunt Race FX are really fun. Now let’s hope Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and DKC 1-3 get added soon. :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Playing through the SNES library on the Switch Online app, Joe and Mac 2, Puyo Puyo 2, Brawl Bros., and Stunt Race FX are really fun. Now let’s hope Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and DKC 1-3 get added soon. :grin:
Speaking of which, didn't the datamine also have Mario All Stars? I could have sworn it did

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope that my presence has made you reconsider your signature :p
Idk I think the reactions would've been more interesting the other way.

It's one thing if it leaks weeks before the reveal, but like 24 hrs before? 48? Granted this time MVP leaker Nintendo did a lot of the heavy lifting, but still. At that point it's almost like hearing someone spill the ending of the movie as you're walking in.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
So I'm for some reason trying to think of who the fifth fighter could be (which after Terry Bogard seems impossible to guess now) and the thought occurred to me how hilarious it would be if the fifth fighter was Waluigi.

Starts out with a regular fight, an Assist Trophy item shows up, no one picks it up, then you start hearing loud rumbling as the Assist Trophy item cracks open to reveal Waluigi broken loose. Then they end it with his Final Smash is him summoning another him with the Assist Trophy and hit the opponent back and forth with the tennis rackets.
That's a dream reveal for me.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Idk I think the reactions would've been more interesting the other way.

It's one thing if it leaks weeks before the reveal, but like 24 hrs before? 48? Granted this time MVP leaker Nintendo did a lot of the heavy lifting, but still. At that point it's almost like hearing someone spill the ending of the movie as you're walking in.
I'm going to disagree. I mean, you might be right on reactions, but I've always thought "spoilers" about announcements was a bit of a silly thing to try to safe guard yourself from anyway. I mean, I'm old fashioned I guess despite being 22, but there was a long period in my life where all my announcements came from Nintendo Power and everything was just text with a picture anyway. And then it was headlines on a Nintendo website or something that told me what it was. Live reactions to announcements is a much newer thing in the grand scheme of things, and I feel like the joy, particularly in the case of Smash Bros., is seeing how the characters are realized and what their individual trailers look like as opposed to the specific confirmation of them (which is important of course, but mind you, is only a relatively minor part of the overall "experience").

I'm also mostly apathetic to spoilers in everything else though, so maybe I'm not the best authority on this. I think we all generally appreciate Polar's continued information though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we learned anything from the Grinch leak and the likes, picture leaks aren't much more reliable than text

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I tended to not care if something leaked, but tbh you get a nicer feeling from being surprised, more of a rush and bigger emotion during the grand reveal despite being very happy either way. Similar to wanting to play games totally blind.

Though admittedly, I also like seeing rumors and stuff so eh, but then there are some things I start to wish I had more of a surprise from. Sans gave me that surprise. Banjo & Kazooie did kind of surprise me despite Shinobi, though, but mainly just because my hopes were nearly killed when Hero was revealed, his only surprise being the 4 heroes and the spell menu, and me of course still knowing the B-K rumor so they still weren’t as much of a surprise (I still felt a rush of joy, though).

-not that Hero himself was disappointing, I think Dragon Quest is cool.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Not sure if it has spread to here, but the Smash Community has been running a poll for the most Requested characters for Smash Bros Ultimate. This can give us a good indication of where we stand when it comes to Geno support. Let's all do our best to continue spreading the word and ensuring the demand for Geno is still strong!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8-vylw-JH0u3_1-fJzMpOkYuJKHndvLB6uqdyuj9-iv1GrQ/viewform

There is going to be a ton of competition to show case which characters are demanded the most. Let's be LOUD and PROUD about ensuring that we, the Smash Community want Geno for Smash Bros Ultimate!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure if it has spread to here, but the Smash Community has been running a poll for the most Requested characters for Smash Bros Ultimate. This can give us a good indication of where we stand when it comes to Geno support. Let's all do our best to continue spreading the word and ensuring the demand for Geno is still strong!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8-vylw-JH0u3_1-fJzMpOkYuJKHndvLB6uqdyuj9-iv1GrQ/viewform

There is going to be a ton of competition to show case which characters are demanded the most. Let's be LOUD and PROUD about ensuring that we, the Smash Community want Geno for Smash Bros Ultimate!
Already voted of course

Hope the write in choice crab beats chicken or beef. Screw vertebrates

D

Deleted member

Already did it as soon as I saw it. Also who made the poll? From what I know it's Papagenos, Scott the Woz and Sabi right? That's interesting if true. Scott the Woz is a really good content creator.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really want Geno in Smash.

but.

I had to vote Steve, it only gives you one choice...

...and, why would Discord be a required answer? I hope they’re fine with not having one...

wait, I could’ve just cheated and put both Geno and Steve, gosh dang it silly mind...

edit: it lets you vote again, but would that be okay...?

edit 2: alright nevermind; Geno is definitely in my top 5, though; he’s probably #4 but tbh it’s hard to choose where to place them all because I love all of them, I’ve just always felt like Steve and Banjo-Kazooie shared my number 1 spot. May as well let Geno take #2 I guess since I definitely want to see him in, I think that’d completely satisfy me until next game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tended to not care if something leaked, but tbh you get a nicer feeling from being surprised, more of a rush and bigger emotion during the grand reveal despite being very happy either way. Similar to wanting to play games totally blind.

Though admittedly, I also like seeing rumors and stuff so eh, but then there are some things I start to wish I had more of a surprise from. Sans gave me that surprise. Banjo & Kazooie did kind of surprise me despite Shinobi, though, but mainly just because my hopes were nearly killed when Hero was revealed, his only surprise being the 4 heroes and the spell menu, and me of course still knowing the B-K rumor so they still weren’t as much of a surprise (I still felt a rush of joy, though).

-not that Hero himself was disappointing, I think Dragon Quest is cool.
to me there's nothing better than to "know" going in, and be floored when you only knee half the story. Like with Terry, I was dreading the /v/ "continuation trailer" but then not only was the trailer totally different, it was incredible. Same with hearing about Banjo before E3 - the fact they lead off with Hero made me think those people were wrong and we were getting "Erdrick" all by himself.

There's a lot of surprise that comes with thinking you know, you know?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really want Geno in Smash.

but.

I had to vote Steve, it only gives you one choice...

...and, why would Discord be a required answer? I hope they’re fine with not having one...

wait, I could’ve just cheated and put both Geno and Steve, gosh dang it silly mind...
Well, in Sabi's server it does say not to put more than one character

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Sorry, I had to vote for Shadow.
I put him in a tie for most likely with Hayubusa, so there's that

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know this might be a wild goose chase, but I tried to use the v archive to find anything related to Smash and Terry. All of the opening posts I found only had incorrect info regarding the full dlc roster, but this one did catch my eye...

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/473904561/#473904561

Not saying Heihachi's next, but did anyone else find anything?
That guy was just making a prediction, but it's crazy he guessed Terry out of all characters as high possibility.

I always thought a Geno/Shantae double reveal would be cool, with the wish granting thing and all.
A Geno/Shantae double reveal would probably give me a heart attack lol!

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
What would give me a heart attack would be a Geno/Shadow/Dee triple review.
I would cry a literal river of tears of joy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh yeah, kinda forgot about Skull Kid. He's had my support since Brawl

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If we learned anything from the Grinch leak and the likes, picture leaks aren't much more reliable than text
Weren't those Palutena pictures during Smash 4 (3DS images of her next to Mario) that were analyzed to a microscopic level for weeks and treated as legit by everyone ultimately ended up being fake?

Also, Blastoise? Pleasant to see a person of refined culture and taste.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
So I guess starling was Terry? Damn.

Just a question. Is it true that Nintendo did a few claims on Megalovania a while ago, like they did with the SMRPG music?
Even without that I think Geno has a big chance with the extra DLC, but if that is true, then the chance of it happening rises nicely

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hmm? I don't get why you would say that.

It's what I am guessing since there was a lot of focus on the star in his reveal. Unless there is some info about the starling picture I don't know.
That's just it, there isn't any info. You're free to guess that the starling related to Terry, but ultimately we're still as in the dark as we ever were about it. Fatman and the rest of the insiders know, but he's been expressly forbidden from sharing it with anyone without the group's permission.

That's not to say it couldn't be Terry, but the tl;dr is:

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Nice! I voted Geno of course! Put Ryu H as most likely. Also, chicken. Glad all the questions were super relevant.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I thunk some thinks on the news.

I wonder if there were some characters they saw as borderline, who didn't quite make the cut for the Fighter's Pass, and they were undecided early on as to whether they would develop more fighters. A lot of potential picks had Mii costumes in 4, and many of them didn't initially return in Ultimate. Particularly, I can imagine there being characters whose costumes have been held back - perhaps they planned to release them at the end if they'd decided the Fighter's Pass would be all the DLC they were making. The two I pay attention to who fit that pattern are Geno and Lloyd - Geno's costume was "a thing," as the kids say, and Lloyd is Namco, pretty popular, and a character Sakurai has talked about personally. Both of their costumes are, and maybe Geno more than Lloyd, conspicuous by their absence. I'm sure there's probably other characters who fit this kind of pattern, but I'm just looking at the guys and gals I want in the game myself. Anyway, with them deciding in the end to do additional DLC, perhaps some of these characters who had "just missed" are in line to be upgraded into full characters instead - a contingency which holding their costumes back for as long as they did covered for.

Further I think that spirits are no longer off the table, but I think there might be some internal resistance to upgrading Assist Trophies. Though it's hard to say as Waluigi was a gigantic meme, and if they're willing to do him they might be willing to do my boy Isaac too. But I think that not having a "pass" can allow them to be more strategic with their releases. Maybe they try and revive Golden Sun again, or remake the first two games? That's a great time to drop Isaac or Matthew or someone like that. They bring that Tales of Symphonia remaster over to Switch? Perfect time to add Lloyd. Some new IP or game becomes a super hot property, they can add a character from that, and we won't have cases like Splatoon largely missing out entirely in Smash 4, or XBC2 not getting a character in Ultimate despite being very well received and near the height of its popularity when it came out.

Also, we're probably gonna get a Three Houses character. I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't. Sakurai might be cooking Byleth up even as we speak. And I am down as hell with music DLC, whether it's attached to costumes or whatever else.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

I voted for Geno and Sephiroth.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking, the reaction to the Sans costume has been extremely positive... I hope Sakurai doesn't think that that's an excuse to have Geno stay as a Mii Costume.

D

Deleted member

Time to quote myself from days ago. Terry as been confirmed as Light Blue, so we can add him to this list.

Terry - Light Blue (Mack's star) [the star that started it all] which still lines up eerily with the star location theory, since KoF was what inspired Sakurai to make Smash.
Quoting myself again to make another slight amendment to the Color/Scenario theory. When I originally wrote it out, I assumed that Joker didn't count because he was a personal Sakurai pick rather than someone that could be argued has been long overdue for Smash. However, after talking about this with a close friend, I came to a sudden realization that Joker fits in perfectly - to the point that it is uncanny. Hold onto your seats, because here's the new Color/Scenario Theory list.

Light Blue [Started it all]: Terry
Green [Found in the forest]: K. Rool
Orange [From the depths of the mines]: Character Pack 5
Dark Purple [The freebie]: Ridley
Light Purple [Found by the sea]: Hero
Red [From defeating an undead enemy]: Simon [STOLEN]: Joker
Yellow: [From the foreign invader]: Banjo

November's gonna be lit.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost positive the idea of holding Mario RPG and Earthbound back is so that they could potentially coincide with Smash reveals of Geno or Porky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom