• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey Guys, I Don't Mean to get your hopes up...but i thought of something

You know how Jacky and Akira Mii Costumes were missing (the only ones left out from Sega). Well I just realized, With Terry Probably being in (or some other SNK fighting game character since Papagenos has been hearing other things), It would make sense to save those Costumes as some type of Fighting game Mii Pack

Obviously it's an Idea, but if it happens, then it further brings into Question why Geno's (and Chocobo's) Mii Costumes are missing

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, I Don't Mean to get your hopes up...but i thought of something

You know how Jacky and Akira Mii Costumes were missing (the only ones left out from Sega). Well I just realized, With Terry Probably being in (or some other SNK fighting game character since Papagenos has been hearing other things), It would make sense to save those Costumes as some type of Fighting game Mii Pack

Obviously it's an Idea, but if it happens, then it further brings into Question why Geno's (and Chocobo's) Mii Costumes are missing
So the final character would be an RPG character, yeah? Like Undertal-

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So from Papageno there apparently some kind of conflict with the SNK character. He's hearing it isn't Terry despite hear from someone else even after hearing Sabi and Verge. Maybe there's some misinformation going around, or maybe... I don't want to say it... but maybe we're getting a Tag Team so it's not just Terry. I refuse to believe this... but it sound so freaking good. Getting Terry, Mai and someone else (I don't know much about SNK characters) would legit be killer.
I don't know about this one. Everyone is putting all their chips on Terry. Verge, Sabi. and several others they associate with. I don't think they would ALL be tricked.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I don't know about this one. Everyone is putting all their chips on Terry. Verge, Sabi. and several others they associate with. I don't think they would ALL be tricked.
I mean, PapaGenos had Banjo going for a long time before any of them, so... it's possible(?)

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl3Lim64mJg (Dont Click if you dont want yugioh vrains spoilers)
Well Gebros this has been really crazy. Remember no matter what happens lets support Geno no matter what. Wether it be for the 5th fp slot or as future Dlc we can not give up. Now if you excuse me Im going to read some more bobobo cus you know bobobo pretty good manga.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It's possible Terry may have a female alt. If so, Hero has a total of 4 alts and Joker has his "player 2" alt... meaning it would still work out to be 3 amiibo per release.

Richter, D. Samus and Joker. Hero, Banjo and Terry. The other 3 Hero alts. And then Fighter #5 with Terry's alt and Joker's player 2 amiibo. Just putting it out there. We'll know soon enough!
I don't think alts are getting amiibos though. They certainly aren't getting any amiibos for any of the other Dragon Quest characters.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I don't think alts are getting amiibos though. They certainly aren't getting any amiibos for any of the other Dragon Quest characters.
Awww, I really would love it if they did though! I really want amiibo of Erdrick and Solo!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I mean, PapaGenos had Banjo going for a long time before any of them, so... it's possible(?)
Vergeben did say he was surprised by Joker so theres a small slivery chance but yeah it seems unlikely that everyone would be bamboozled
Yeah I highly doubt they would fall for leakbait like that. It's Terry or they REALLY have to explain how they figured it was Terry. In the span of a day we went from no one not knowing who it was. To the copyright leaking, to suddenly everyone going "yup yup its Terry there is no way it can be anyone else it's Terry"

Ok but seriously. Why did the copyright have to leak before people started claiming who it was?

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah I highly doubt they would fall for leakbait like that. It's Terry or they REALLY have to explain how they figured it was Terry. In the span of a day we went from no one not knowing who it was. To the copyright leaking, to suddenly everyone going "yup yup its Terry there is no way it can be anyone else it's Terry"

Ok but seriously. Why did the copyright have to leak before people started claiming who it was?
Maybe they don't really know(?)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So is it all but confirmed Hayabusa is #5?

I mean granted we know that #4 is unquestionably Terry but I was at least hoping #5 would be kept secret. Ugh...

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm Guessing the Copyright was the Smoking Gun to speak on SNK Character. They probably hear names of Characters all the time, but are not sure to speak of it due to not much validity on claims

yes

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
likely because they weren't yet 100% proven yet and were just good rumors they heard, the leak and likely some behind the scenes discussion changed that I imagine

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Dang, was here thinking; if Sakurai was really into KoF back in the day (and who's to say he ain't to this day), I can see him maining Terry in Ultimate. EVO 2020 rolls up, and after the Grand Final, before the award ceremony, he comes up and challenges the victor. Lord Sakurai straight up "POWAH GUYSER"s the winner. :2gud:

Lightspeed97

Smash Cadet
I mean, all the past character alts got amiibos, no? Some just came a bit after the first amiibo i think. Corrin Bayonetta, and Cloud come to mind. To be fair though, we didn't get the Koopa Kids amiibos.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That's true, but Papagenos does have some sources. If VRplant is saying something else then that could could shift the current. Maybe some sources are keeping things hidden, maybe the tag team is real. I don't know. I'm going to believe that it's Terry Bogard, but we'll see if tomorrow change things up.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not yet.

It could be him, though.
Really hoping it's not the case personally. No shade to Hayabusa fans but he's so underwhelming especially as the last fighter. And TBH, I don't even think he would bring that big of an audience to Smash. He's not someone heavily requested by the community nor is he a super iconic character that people instantly recognize. Again, sorry for being ranty but the character is just a flat way to end out the Pass.

That being said regardless, it's going to be incredibly annoying when the next 3 months of speculation is nothing but Hayabusa talk so I'm not looking forward to that either.

Here's hoping Terry's trailer isn't a continuation of Incineroar's.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I'm Guessing the Copyright was the Smoking Gun to speak on SNK Character. They probably hear names of Characters all the time, but are not sure to speak of it due to not much validity on claims

yes
Bruh you really think Nintendo is playing 4D chess like that, especially when they leak stuff accidentally all the time xD?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Bruh you really think Nintendo is playing 4D chess like that, especially when they leak stuff accidentally all the time xD?
I was talking about the leakers. They probably heard rumors of SNK, But didn't have enough to speak on it yet. Then Nintendo accidentally spilled the beans, so now it was time to speak up

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I was talking about the leakers. They probably heard rumors of SNK, But didn't have enough to speak on it yet. Then Nintendo accidentally spilled the beans, so now it was time to speak up
Gotcha, yeah I definitely agree with that

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I really hope it's a double reveal this direct. If it's not..well, then I think I understand sabi's talk of the community freaking out.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I really hope it's a double reveal this direct. If it's not..well, then I think I understand sabi's talk of the community freaking out.
While that would be pretty great, I can't see that happening. I've been thinking from the start that they'd save the last reveal for the Game Awards again. Plus I just think it's too early to learn about both 4 and 5, considering Banjo isn't even out yet. Only way I could actually see a double reveal is if they're WAY ahead of schedule.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
While that would be pretty great, I can't see that happening. I've been thinking from the start that they'd save the last reveal for the Game Awards again. Plus I just think it's too early to learn about both 4 and 5, considering Banjo isn't even out yet. Only way I could actually see a double reveal is if they're WAY ahead of schedule.
I have to agree even though it wouldn't be the most ideal scenario

T2by4

Smash Lord
Here's the thing, and this is mainly for my doombros out there. A lot of them are freaking out that hayabusa is the last fighter for this pass. If that ends up being the case then I think there is a strong chance that there will be a second dlc pass. The fact that the smash team interviewed bethesda isn't a coincidence, they went there to get a rep or have discussions of it. Also, based on the interview and how the guy said, "oh yeah" to when being asked about it, well, it's gotta mean something.

This could also work in our favor if it also includes first party, but we'll have to see.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno could be stylized as the 5th DLC cause he is a star; and stars have 5 corner vertices. So they can make that each character is a corner and Geno could be the Last Star to close the FP in the direction of the north corner looking to the sky.

On the other hand, “Geno”, “Star” and “Doll” have four letters, so he could be the 4th DLC. Or maybe they can stylize his real name (♥♪!?) being the heart for Joker; the musical note for Hero; the exclamation mark for Banjo; and the question mark for Geno, to keep some mystery in his first seconds reveal.

Ok maybe not, but it would make more sense if they put Hayabusa, a SNK person, Doom, Heihachi, Spyro or other guy as the 4th; and save the final piece of the cake to Boom Characters, like Geno (Ultra Fan Demand) or Crash (heavily well known and iconic).

Anyway, I can see Geno either in the FP or future DLC. I’m dying to see his potential design, reveal, moveset, music and stage.

It would be amazing, grant us this last wish Sakurai! (I repeat, it’s not over until they confirm his Costume back or officially end the roster). I wouldn’t be surprised if he is not #4, cause for me his chances are bigger for #5 or Bonus.

Keep the faith!

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Here's the thing, and this is mainly for my doombros out there. A lot of them are freaking out that hayabusa is the last fighter for this pass. If that ends up being the case then I think there is a strong chance that there will be a second dlc pass. The fact that the smash team interviewed bethesda isn't a coincidence, they went there to get a rep or have discussions of it. Also, based on the interview and how the guy said, "oh yeah" to when being asked about it, well, it's gotta mean something.

This could also work in our favor if it also includes first party, but we'll have to see.
I really do think if there is a second pass that all the characters have been selected. I think the Geno costume being MIA and the Bethesda interview are more significant than some people have given them credit for.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
You mean like they all were not tricked by Erdrick as the sole DQ rep? or Verge only leaking Simon and not Richter?

They were not wrong, but that was not the hole picture, this could happen again with SNK.

Maybe female Terry as an Echo or alt?

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So everyone has been talking about Sequel theory while I was away?

Well I kind of feel that Simon's trailer pretty much wrapped things up for the castle world. I'm thinking the last DLC character should continue on from Ridley's trailer. I just hope Sakurai is a big fan of Doom or it's important enough for him to include it as part of Nintendo's history.

But really whoever it is, I'll be happy with them whether it be Ryu Hayabusa or Doom Guy. I'd prefer Doom Guy but Ryu Hayabusa seems a lot more likelier than him since Koei Tecmo is closer to home.

But still, just like I said before we may still have 10 more chances to get Geno into Super Smash Bros Ultimate if the WOL slots theory ends up being true so lets not give up yet.

One more thing, Sakurai did say that we shouldn't expect a second fighters pass but he didn't say not to expect anymore DLC after the fighters pass. If we do get more DLC then we should be expecting individual fighters after the fighters pass.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So everyone has been talking about Sequel theory while I was away?

Well I kind of feel that Simon's trailer pretty much wrapped things up for the castle world. I'm thinking the last DLC character should continue on from Ridley's trailer. I just hope Sakurai is a big fan of Doom or it's important enough for him to include it as part of Nintendo's history.

But really whoever it is, I'll be happy with them whether it be Ryu Hayabusa or Doom Guy. I'd prefer Doom Guy but Ryu Hayabusa seems a lot more likelier than him since Koei Tecmo is closer to home.

But still, just like I said before we may still have 10 more chances to get Geno into Super Smash Bros Ultimate if the WOL slots theory ends up being true so lets not give up yet.
I guess it all depends on the revealtrailer aka if Terry beats the **** out of the firecat, Ryu are more than likely the last one all things concidered

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I guess it all depends on the revealtrailer aka if Terry beats the **** out of the firecat, Ryu are more than likely the last one all things concidered
Yeah I guess we'll have to look out for that. Sabi did say that the 4chan leak was legit despite saying she doesn't know if fighter 5 will be Ryu.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
So from Papageno there apparently some kind of conflict with the SNK character. He's hearing it isn't Terry despite hear from someone else even after hearing Sabi and Verge. Maybe there's some misinformation going around, or maybe... I don't want to say it... but maybe we're getting a Tag Team so it's not just Terry. I refuse to believe this... but it sound so freaking good. Getting Terry, Mai and someone else (I don't know much about SNK characters) would legit be killer.
Well, his source was certain that Banjo & Kazooie were in despite no other leakers not saying anything about them, so maybeeeee

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess we'll have to look out for that. Sabi did say that the 4chan leak was legit despite saying she doesn't know if fighter 5 will be Ryu.
I mean... no offense to RH fans.... but he doesn't scream perfect character to reveal last (Hopefully just last in the FP and not in general). Especially with Terry reportedly being 4th

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The thing I don't get is how Sabi thought that people would look back on this 4chan post.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDfUmqfXYAQT3oF?format=jpg&name=large
I don't think it was that talked about compared to the 12th September female leak but I could be wrong.
It’s because it had already been making the rounds on her Discord server before she tweeted. Someone dug it up and it got pinned, so there was already a decent amount of discussion going about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom