• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Been a while since we've had an audience like this! Welcome to the thread, guests! I along with the rest of the thread invite you to come and hang out as we mentally deteriorate over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
until our boy shows up.

Sit back and relax!

genolaptop.gif

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He originally put out the hint nearly 2 1/2 weeks ago so I feel like the conclusion will be coming soon because his hints have typically been a week and a half to two and a half weeks in advance. EVO's coming and the precedent is definitely there. Like I've been saying, way too soon for a general or Pokemon Direct and Fire Emblem is now behind us. Now that Hero comes out later today, I don't think it's too early for #4 anymore. Joker was announced 4 months in advance and Mewtwo was roughly 5 so it's not totally unprecedented, since most people agree Banjo is probably September or October anyways. It's going to be a long week...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Can I just say, IF Geno is indeed apart of the the fighters pass. The one thing I am looking forward to is not just playing him...

But seeing the "I was wrong" thread blow up.

I know, petty of me, but it WILL blow up.

Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Oh lordy...Your guy has spoken. The Starling still lives!

D

Deleted member

Geno, Crash, Hero, Ridley, Dark Samus and K.Rool being in Ultimate would be a top tier timeline, ngl.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
May I just say that I feel like Geno would/will be a really fun character to play? Like not just by definition but also animations and stuff. I'm a sucker for emotion and personality in design and I feel like Geno has that sort of look that fits what I like.

D

Deleted member

May I just say that I feel like Geno would/will be a really fun character to play? Like not just by definition but also animations and stuff. I'm a sucker for emotion and personality in design and I feel like Geno has that sort of look that fits what I like.
Yeah, Geno will potentially be a strong and interesting character regarding the visual department.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Been a while since we've had an audience like this! Welcome to the thread, guests! I along with the rest of the thread invite you to come and hang out as we mentally deteriorate over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
until our boy shows up.

Sit back and relax!

View attachment 232997
There's a reason this thread is usually the most watched.

We keep getting knocked down hard as **** and still get back up. First it was rosalina, then cloud, then the grinch leak and piranha plant, and then the hero. How many times must we be sucker punched for everyone to be fully satisfied. Are you not entertained?

D

Deleted member

There's a reason this thread is usually the most watched.

We keep getting knocked down hard as **** and still get back up. First it was rosalina, then cloud, then the grinch leak and piranha plant, and then the hero. How many times must we be sucker punched for everyone to be fully satisfied. Are you not entertained?
If this helps, I wanted DQ to get in Smash for years but at the same time found Geno pretty interesting for Smash.

So at least I could count as a DQ supporter who is cool with Geno.

Firox

Smash Master
I can't wait for you to play with your boy, man. I'd love to hear some of your first impressions actually handling him. This is my invitation for you to spam me, spam me up good.
Somehow, this came off kinda dirty to me. LOL

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Sabi's NOA source posted it
ah ok, im gonna guess its more related to pokemon gen 4 remakes, because i literally cannot and will not get my hopes up again. I got Banjo. I am ecstatic about that. If it happens and I survive the hype, well, I guess I'll have to win evo twice.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, Geno's design was what drew me to the character to begin with. At first, I hated him and thought he was overrated (although I was definitely not the type to go out of my way and be a **** to Geno's fans unlike some people). Then I saw his design in passing and was like, huh, this checks off a lot of core artist fundamentals in terms of character design and color theory, and I like it a lot. I delved back into SMRPG as a result and... well, the rest is history!

ah ok, im gonna guess its more related to pokemon gen 4 remakes, because i literally cannot and will not get my hopes up again.
I sincerely doubt that. If they were having this much trouble getting every Pokemon into SwSh, to the point that they legitimately could not, then I doubt Gen 4 remakes are a possibility. It'd require a huge amount of Pokemon even without the National Dex factored in.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Geno is indeed confirmed, who's willing to bet his tagline would be GENO SHOOTS FOR THE STARS?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Ha! I have a history with this song. My family has a running gag woth it; my dad used to burst out singing it over-dramatically at times when me and my sister were kids, and it annoyed us to no ends for some reason. He’d always find ways to sneak it up on us like a Rickroll, and me and my sister would react accordingly. However, I have a very positive association as a result, and being able to associate it with a Geno confirmation would make me very, very happy.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
If Geno is indeed confirmed, who's willing to bet his tagline would be GENO SHOOTS FOR THE STARS?
The other most common one I see is “GENO GIVE IT A WHIRL!”, and I could honestly see it being either.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
why Fatmanonice Fatmanonice why must you keep refilling my hope with this .... So like some other people have said- we are moving the Goal post to EVO now? xD
Technically EVO was always on target, now we're just hyper focused on it because so many things on the positive side have been rolling along in the past two weeks or so. The hints and coincidences are piling up. The timing is practically what you would call perfect. Ultimate is the most popular game at the event. It's turning into a dream scenario if everything goes accordingly.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
GENO GRANTS A WISH
its probably this.

Honestly, Geno's design was what drew me to the character to begin with. At first, I hated him and thought he was overrated (although I was definitely not the type to go out of my way and be a **** to Geno's fans unlike some people). Then I saw his design in passing and was like, huh, this checks off a lot of core artist fundamentals in terms of character design and color theory, and I like it a lot. I delved back into SMRPG as a result and... well, the rest is history!

I sincerely doubt that. If they were having this much trouble getting every Pokemon into SwSh, to the point that they legitimately could not, then I doubt Gen 4 remakes are a possibility. It'd require a huge amount of Pokemon even without the National Dex factored in.
Hmm.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Shoutout to Ovaltine Ovaltine SSGuy SSGuy and whoever else at Operation Starfall. I just watched the SMRPG influence on other games video on Twitter and it was really well done. Keep up the great work you guys!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly had to make this after the awesome day all of you have gave me.

1E49358B-B820-4F33-B3EF-830703C07DCD.jpeg

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I want Geno in Smash. It would make me feel vindicated for believing in the Grinch. With his Mii Costume out of the way, the time is now, boys.

D

Deleted member

Geno gets in, but he only gets two songs with them being beware of the forests mushrooms (original)and this battle against an armed boss remix.

Wdyd?
I would be losing it from the laughs if that was his trailer’s theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom