• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I did not know this!

whos gonna animate it? warner bros? illumination?
I'm pretty sure they confirmed it to be Illumination which I'm hesitant on. I would prefer for it to be made by Dreamworks to be honest since Dreamworks and Universal are connected and Nintendo world or whatever will be put up in Universal Studios but I guess this works too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
At EVO, we'll get a Smash newcomer. The trailer shows Staraptor flying in from nowhere, at first disappointing us all...only for the camera to pan up and show Geno riding it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yep. Something that will be announced and, based on past hints, this heavily entails in a Direct. The species may not matter but, again, we don't know but seeing his past hints I feel like it's deliberate somehow.
So, all they've said is that it means something and have given no hints/nor ideal as to what it means.

I know this person is generally considered reliable and well respected by you all, but I really don't like the way this person goes about their "leaking." I know I've said that before, but is there any good reason for them to approach the whole situation with such a cheeky demeanor that requires such breadcrumb following and rationing of even basic "Is this something or not" information?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys... You don't have to be an ornithologist to know what a starling is... Can we PLEASE not insult his intelligence? You might as well argue that cardinals, chickadees, sparrows, and blue jays are super esoteric too. Why couldn't THAT be the hint? The dude did Puzzle Witch for Banjo; that's not exactly digging deep either.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
So uh, *cough* I have something to announce... *taps microphone* Sabi's source has just confirmed in the last minute that the starling is, in fact, a hint of something that's coming. That is all.
I forgot who did this, but man that person is hilarious and a genius - I feel like the starling is aligning!

1564515557517.png

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
At EVO, we'll get a Smash newcomer. The trailer shows Staraptor flying in from nowhere, at first disappointing us all...only for the camera to pan up and show Geno riding it.
Geno's shadowed figure stands before Mario, then he takes off his costume a la Dedede in K Rool's trailer, revealing Geno to be a Mii Gunner.

Then the Gunner takes off their costume, revealing Megaman.

Then Megaman takes off his, revealing a horse.

Then the horse costume is removed, revealing a broom.

Then the broom turns into Geno.

But the broom was also a mop.

That is Mallow. In a Geno costume. Also, Boshi is cosplaying as Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to ask this since I'm not pretty far in SMRPG to understand it:

How does the Starling connect with Geno?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, all they've said is that it means something and have given no hints/nor ideal as to what it means.

I know this person is generally considered reliable and well respected by you all, but I really don't like the way this person goes about their "leaking." I know I've said that before, but is there any good reason for them to approach the whole situation with such a cheeky demeanor that requires such breadcrumb following and rationing of even basic "Is this something or not" information?
Because they're FUN and like to have FUN and play videogames to have FUN and speculate for FUN because they're a FUNNY guy who does FUNNY things because FUN is supposed to be FUN. I don't know how many times I have to say this.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Because they're FUN and like to have FUN and play videogames to have FUN and speculate for FUN because they're a FUNNY guy who does FUNNY things because FUN is supposed to be FUN. I don't know how many times I have to say this.
FUN is confirmed as playable in Smash?!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Guys... You don't have to be an ornithologist to know what a starling is... Can we PLEASE not insult his intelligence? You might as well argue that cardinals, chickadees, sparrows, and blue jays are super esoteric too. Why couldn't THAT be the hint? The dude did Puzzle Witch for Banjo; that's not exactly digging deep either.
I don't think bird species are super common knowledge like that to be entirely fair. It could have intentionally been a Starling, but I wouldn't call Starlings exactly one of the classic birds that people learn growing up either (and to be fair, maybe that's just me, but I'd struggle to find any people I know that could name drop a starling outside of my biologist friends lol)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
F is for Fighters who smash things together.
U is for Smash Ultimate.
N is for Nintendo's greatest game of all time in the year of 2019!
F is for FIRE that every other character uses
U is for Uraniumless Link bombs
N is for No Survivors
Down in Sudden Death!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Star-:Geno is a star.
-ling: refers to something small.
Star-ling: a small star.
Ling- also refers to belonging or relating to something like in the case of Earthling or underling. It's super on the nose but, given one of his Banjo hints was literally a bear and bird in the same shot, I wouldn't put it past him.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tangents like these is why I love this thread. It can relieve some tension

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I don't think bird species are super common knowledge like that to be entirely fair. It could have intentionally been a Starling, but I wouldn't call Starlings exactly one of the classic birds that people learn growing up either (and to be fair, maybe that's just me, but I'd struggle to find any people I know that could name drop a starling outside of my biologist friends lol)
I disagree with this. I have no idea if the image represents Geno, but I can tell you that I knew it was a starling right away. It might be where I live, but starlings are pests. They’re everywhere.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I disagree with this. I have no idea if the image represents Geno, but I can tell you that I knew it was a starling right away. It might be where I live, but starlings are pests. They’re everywhere.
Confirmed, Geno’s the most annoying zoner in the game.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm hoping we get lucky and he posts a second image like with banjo, having to argue over all the ambiguity is exhausting

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I honestly hope they poke fun at all the people who claimed spirits deconfirm. By showing Geno's spirit going back into his body.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
like us geno fans? :3
I admit I talk about him all the time lol

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I honestly hope they poke fun at all the people who claimed spirits deconfirm. By showing Geno's spirit going back into his body.
Well that's exactly how he came to be in SMRPG, right? It would make sense

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My girlfriend's son says to me at least once a week "are you still sad that Geno isn't in Smash" so I really, really, really need a confirmation so he will stop asking me :D

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
This is honestly what I've been expecting the reveal trailer to be about since december, seeing ♡♪!? leave the shiek clone and possess the geno doll

D

Deleted member

Imagine the rofl moment if they use Geno's Smash render for his fighting spirit as they did with Robin.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm hoping we get lucky and he posts a second image like with banjo, having to argue over all the ambiguity is exhausting
Not everyone agrees but I think it's fun. I like the thought puzzle of it all. It's like seeing a bigass gift under the Christmas tree and practically driving yourself to insanity trying to figure out what's in it.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Not everyone agrees but I think it's fun. I like the thought puzzle of it all. It's like seeing a bigass gift under the Christmas tree and practically driving yourself to insanity trying to figure out what's in it.
Jeez mom, a doll for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom