• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also while hero does look fun, damn he looks broken as hell, lots of random elements, like random critical hits on smashes, moves don’t seem too slow, lots of high knockback moves, a reflector, a movement speed buff, healing move, and some that buff his attack power, and a potential ohko...

I could MAYBE understand if they drained his mp more per move, but they don’t seem all that taxing on it. Like...I just don’t see many disadvantages to this character, not enough to balance his advantages anyway.
Lol, that sounds pretty hype for me after wanting the DQ8 Hero for years.

But maybe they’ll balance some stuff out in the short future.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It may be a technicality but I think it’s kind of funny that after months of people screaming “ERDRICK IS THE SE CHARACTER” it turns out the character everyone thought was named Erdrick isn’t named that and Erdrick is actually a mii costume.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Welp he isn't a mii costume, but we still gotta deal with idiots saying spirits are deconfirmations, lol… at least all will be over by the time both 4th and 5th pack get revealed I guess.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
while I think it still needs Issac to have completed the main list of long time major fan requests and TRUELY be ultimate,buuuut if this goes through then in ONE game, ONE game people, we will have knocked out not only the holy trinity of smash requests but freaking banjo as well. I can still barely wrap my head around that possibility being true.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It may be a technicality but I think it’s kind of funny that after months of people screaming “ERDRICK IS THE SE CHARACTER” it turns out the character everyone thought was named Erdrick isn’t named that and Erdrick is actually a mii costume.
Tansut was wrong from the very beginning! He was talking about the costume! :4pacman:

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
So, in the event that Geno's coming is clear as crystal and true, are there any lesser-supported characters that you guys would want to help the supporters for next? I know that Operation Starfall is a thing, but there's several candidates that would dream to even be in Geno's potential position. This could open a lot of doors.

I find it odd that that wasn't name-dropped when they showed up, but oh well.
Haven't heard his name since sm4sh, but if a w101 port were to happen- Wonder Red.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I have a theory as to why the Geno mii costume didn't show up. Dragon Quest was owned by Enix, and not Squaresoft. Sakurai could be treating both companies seperately despite the fact they merged in the early 00's. If Geno shows up, not only would his Mii Costume be released alongside him, the Chocobo hat would return because both were Squaresoft properties made well before the merger took place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to share a song related to Geno that represents my mood right now it would be this one:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And that the fake 5Chan leakers only got it half-right; they said he'd be a costume, but Anlucia is a complete no-show. Only thing the X fans get is a FS cameo.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Hey AugustusB AugustusB , looks like you called it with costumes being tied to series that already have fighters.

What a HUGE sigh of relief, and I agree Hero looks like a lot of fun! The lack of the Chocobo hat is keeping me from getting too hyped, but at the same time if Chocobo’s hat was there, Geno would seem extremely likely. Dragon Quest represents the Enix side of Square-Enix. I’d bet that the Chocobo hat would return with a Geno fighter, representing the Square side of the company.

D

Deleted member

Also known as literally me before June of this year, lol.

And seriously, I feel that people are more open to celebrate Hero with me here than in the freaking Hero social thread xD.
Well Congrats on getting Hero! Hero looks really cool and I love how his moves are designed especially Magic Burst cause that reminds me of a move from DBZ be it intentional or not I find that hilarious cause of all the "Erdrick = Goku" memes. The moves while being RNG generated look really cool and I can't wait to try the dudes out! And the stage is really beautiful!

Today was a good day for not only us Geno fans but it was also really cool seeing what Hero could do and he's so much more than just an anime swordsman or a "Robin echo" as people used to call him so congrats on getting a character you wanted my dude!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I had my heart on the worst case scenario but that doesn't seem to be the case (for now). I'll repost what I said at the DKVine here.

If there was any time to show that costume, it was during that video. This is just my take on it so bear with me.

-Geno is in and the lack of a costume supports that notion
-Geno is not in and the costume will be revealed in the future, which could mean that Square is getting a second rep (I count Enix as their own company given how wildly different their flagship series are) from either the Enix or the Square side
-Geno nor his costume are in and you'll have to stick with the costume from Four or play with Project M to get your Geno fix

I'd say three is likely along with two but I count it on Sakurai simply choosing to focus on Hero for this video which is the likely scenario. Either way, the Geno haters are losing their minds. Nothing is guaranteed but for if for a brief moment, it's good to see Geno having some chance of showing up the way people want. I played Super Mario RPG way before Brawl was even a thing and definitely before I played Melee and Geno did stick out to me. My Godbrother also played it on release so it helps that I do understand where his fans are coming from. Geno wasn't on my lists, but I had no issue with him.

And I still don't have any issue now. Add me to the list, I'm in your corner.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
- Geno is not a mii costume. They didn’t withold it to be released down the line. This is where it would’ve came back. They specifically said “this is Mii Costume pack #2”, so the idea that they omitted any is wrong.
And I Was really looking forward to getting him as a Mii Gunner outfit; Since If he's not a fighter, I'd At least have THAT; since Only getting a Spirit is Lame. . . and not even a FIGHTER Spirit at that. . .
Could be the worst timeline of no Geno playable AND no Mii costume.
I Agree. . . I Know The Bear & Bird are coming; but that's not for another season. . . and I was really hoping for something I wanted to see since Geno wasn't a Fighter; a Geno Mii Fighter Costume; But Nope; Sakurai just HAD to disappoint me!

Here's How I Feel right now; that It's not looking like we're getting ANYTHING Significant & Non-Spirit Related for Geno in SSBU:

No Fighter, No Mii Costume, only a Crummy Non-Fighter Spirit. . .

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I had my heart on the worst case scenario but that doesn't seem to be the case (for now). I'll repost what I said at the DKVine here.

If there was any time to show that costume, it was during that video. This is just my take on it so bear with me.

-Geno is in and the lack of a costume supports that notion
-Geno is not in and the costume will be revealed in the future, which could mean that Square is getting a second rep (I count Enix as their own company given how wildly different their flagship series are) from either the Enix or the Square side
-Geno nor his costume are in and you'll have to stick with the costume from Four or play with Project M to get your Geno fix

I'd say three is likely along with two but I count it on Sakurai simply choosing to focus on Hero for this video which is the likely scenario. Either way, the Geno haters are losing their minds. Nothing is guaranteed but for if for a brief moment, it's good to see Geno having some chance of showing up the way people want. I played Super Mario RPG way before Brawl was even a thing and definitely before I played Melee and Geno did stick out to me. My Godbrother also played it on release so it helps that I do understand where his fans are coming from. Geno wasn't on my lists, but I had no issue with him.

And I still don't have any issue now. Add me to the list, I'm in your corner.
Wait, someone from DKVine?

... Which Brothers Bear do YOU think is best?

(Also, welcome to the Geno thread, buddy!)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You guys don't have it easy lol, obviously the current situation is preferable to if his costume was shown today, but Geno's fate has been up in the air for so long already, and it's likely that things are going to drag on for quite a while longer. Hopefully things turn out well in the end for you, I personally wouldn't call this a major boost, but at the very least he's not dead yet, and as long as that's the case there's always a chance.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey AugustusB AugustusB , looks like you called it with costumes being tied to series that already have fighters.

What a HUGE sigh of relief, and I agree Hero looks like a lot of fun! The lack of the Chocobo hat is keeping me from getting too hyped, but at the same time if Chocobo’s hat was there, Geno would seem extremely likely. Dragon Quest represents the Enix side of Square-Enix. I’d bet that the Chocobo hat would return with a Geno fighter, representing the Square side of the company.
SE is focusing on DQ 11S. It makes sense to have content to show that.

Now the question...why did Sakurai make this video such a secret? Is it because insiders would have seen that the costume isn't there thus thinking 'Oh dang'?

D

Deleted member

You guys don't have it easy lol, obviously the current situation is preferable to if his costume was shown today, but Geno's fate has been up in the air for so long already, and it's likely that things are going to drag on for quite a while longer. Hopefully things turn out well in the end for you, I personally wouldn't call this a major boost, but at the very least he's not dead yet, and as long as that's the case there's always a chance.
You know what they:

Sometimes there are people like David who can beat the huge Goliath against all odds.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I'm FREAKING OUT
Yeah it's freaking crazy! You'd think if Geno is a Mii Costume he would've been shown here with the other Square-Enix costumes but no! He wasn't shown off! What does this mean? Does this mean he has a chance yet again? does this mean he won't be in but neither will his Mii Costume? Does this mean he will actually be in? We don't know and that's crazy!

This situation is so weird yet so interesting and I hope this leads to him getting in but we'll have to wait and see.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My favorite thing to come out of this is that it gives us something substantial to chew on theory wise. Sure is quite a coincidence that Square Enix only allows two tracks per represented game and that Nintendo specifically copyright striked two tracks from SMRPG, huh guys? :4pacman:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
We still have a chance I see. Hopefully an announcement at EVO will finally grant us playable Geno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah it's freaking crazy! You'd think if Geno is a Mii Costume he would've been shown here with the other Square-Enix costumes but no! He wasn't shown off! What does this mean? Does this mean he has a chance yet again? does this mean he won't be in but neither will his Mii Costume? Does this mean he will actually be in? We don't know and that's crazy!

This situation is so weird yet so interesting and I hope this leads to him getting in but we'll have to wait and see.
Honestly, even if we don't get him, I'm just extremely happy to see that things have shaken up again and hope has been restored. It's not nearly as depressing and suffocating.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Putting your hopes into a bonus character or a Evo announcement sounds a bit null if i'm frank.
My favorite thing to come out of this is that it gives us something substantial to chew on theory wise. Sure is quite a coincidence that Square Enix only allows two tracks per represented game and that Nintendo specifically copyright striked two tracks from SMRPG, huh guys? :4pacman:
Odd now that you mention it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The chocobo hat and geno costume will be released with the next fighter pass character who will come from Square.

And that's Geno, of course.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

No idea, but I like it when I have no concrete way of knowing what'll happen next. At least this way I'm not encouraged to think inside the box.

kCxWGSH.gif

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That would be up to PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate to do, and he's pretty on and off. How about we compile a list of people who aren't on the supporters list yet and ping Psycho with them? That way, we'll be able to keep things up to date.
Lmao I just realized I’m not on the supporters list even though I’ve been on this thread daily for over a year.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
so the time for an evo announcement would be on the 4th I take it? honestly I haven't looked at the schedule beyond hearing smash was last and I don't know how they handled it last year.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I'm feeling pretty good, gang.

I think the Genobros are still killing it. Time to go troll some posts on the Gamefaqs board. (If you see a consistent "He's in boys" comment in any Geno-related threads... I'm just fighting the good fight)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Current mood:
geno dab.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom