• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Lmao I just realized I’m not on the supporters list even though I’ve been on this thread daily for over a year.
Nor am I, and I'm the one over here doodling Geno all the freaking time, haha.

Okay, so that makes:

MemeSaucy
Jurae818
Datboigeno
Ovaltine

Not pinging the users to keep notifications clean, of course, since this is for Psycho's perusal. Keep 'em coming, gang!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So something about the online tourney mode stuck out to me. I'm expecting the special event online tourneys will happen far past the end of the fighters pass. Now these tourneys could be automated, but if not then it shows that Nintendo will be supporting the game past the fighters pass. This doesn't necessarily mean that there will be more DLC fighters, but I think it's a promising sign of possibly getting more outside the fighters pass.
Splatoon 2 continued to have Splatfests well after they stopped releasing major content updates, so tournaments and special stuff don’t really have to mean much for future content.

I don’t see why anyone would look at this as anything other than a good thing after months of assuming and trying to convince others that the Geno costume made the most sense to release with a DQ character and that it’d effectively be a decomfirmation. I genuinely don’t see how this is a neutral outcome in the slightest.
It’s a good, neutral thing. Nothing’s changed other than his costume not showing up this time. And the real issue is the lack of the Chocobo Mii Costume. People have been arguing that they would just port stuff over for some time, but that clearly wasn’t the case here and the absence of that costume is strange and not necessarily in a good way. If they didn’t port that costume, they might have just decided not to port Geno’s and that’s the end of it. Or he’s been saved for a character down the line. Like again, all that “we achieved” was surviving, we got really no closer or further from the overall goal. Which survival in of itself for any character, I always view as neutral. Nothing special points us one way or the other.

It may be a technicality but I think it’s kind of funny that after months of people screaming “ERDRICK IS THE SE CHARACTER” it turns out the character everyone thought was named Erdrick isn’t named that and Erdrick is actually a mii costume.
He still referred to Dragon Quest 3’s Hero as Erdrick early on though, so that’s not entirely an accurate representation of things.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we don't get Home Run Contest by the time character 5 gets a feature, then something's up. We need to stay on our guard until then.

Lmao I just realized I’m not on the supporters list even though I’ve been on this thread daily for over a year.
Or me, for that matter. It'd be courteous to address that PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate , please, yeah.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My favorite thing to come out of this is that it gives us something substantial to chew on theory wise. Sure is quite a coincidence that Square Enix only allows two tracks per represented game and that Nintendo specifically copyright striked two tracks from SMRPG, huh guys? :4pacman:
This thread right now:

Seriously, we need to compile all of our evidence in one location.
Can somebody add me to the list of Geno supporters on this Thread?
Same here. Never played SMRPG, but I'm certainly rooting for him to get in. Also, if Geno gets in I'll play through SMRPG.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i'm pretty relief that there's no mii costume for now, but I still feel even without the costume geno might not make it in and I hope that's not the case.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly something has to be up with Geno at this point. All the little weird things up to this point like the anniversary tweet, Nintendo artist saying he’d been discussed at Nintendo, the mii costume in 4, Sabi’s source’s boss saying that he’s in, he and Mallow being two of the only SE spirits, and the HQ Trivia shoutout and now no return of his mii costume even though it would have been the easiest thing to port from 4 and of all the mii costumes got a splash screen when announced for 4. Not to **** on Virtua Fighter but those costumes and the Chocobo Hat didn’t get anywhere near the fanfare and hype that the Geno Costume did nor where they specifically called out by Sakurai in relation to their character’s popularity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From all the places to share my hype for the DQ8 Hero with others, I didn’t expect the coolest and most supportive with me of all to be the Geno thread, rofl.

The Hero thread just feels too biased for competitive stuff or indifferent with my presence at all, which wasn’t really the case during the days of the Erdrick and Eight threads.

Although I can’t complain much about that, since at least this place is a thing and that rocks.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty relief that there's no mii costume for now, but I still feel even without the costume geno might not make it in and I hope that's not the case.
then Prepare to be disappointed;

then again; I Already was when I Saw Geno DIDN'T get in; not only did he not become a Fighter; we're not even getting a Mii Gunner Costume for him!!
This Blows!!

Last edited:

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
Made a timeline about Geno and Smash Bros, let me know if i got anything wrong or missed anything out:
>Geno: A Character from Super Mario RPG
>Circa 2000-2008: Square and Nintendo are getting on Good Terms again, Speculation Ramps up for a Square Character, Geno is the most wanted out of all the Square Reps
>Sakurai Holds Japan only Brawl newcomer poll: #1 Sonic, #2 Mega Man and #3 Geno
>People expect him to get in now
>Game gets delayed to add Sonic
>Hype.webm
>Doesn't appear in Brawl
>E3 2011: Smash for 3DS and Wii U is announced to be in Development by Iwata
>Hype.gif
>E3 2013: Mega Man is announced
>Most think Geno will be in now
>ESRB Leak
>Cloud DLC and Geno Mii Costume
>Late 2016: Sakurai said he wanted to put Geno in both Brawl and 4 in a Interview
>E3 2018: Smash Ultimate gets revealed
>Most wanted characters are being put in left and right
>JimCarreyTheGrinch.png
>Grich leaks get people hyped for Geno and other characters
>Incineroar is revealed, Debunking the Grinch Leak
>Game releases, Geno Spirit
>E3 2019: DQ Hero, a Enix rep and Banjo-Kazooie are revealed
>Starling Bird post
>Lupin the 3rd Stating no Geno Mii Costume
>30th July: DQ Hero releases, Mii costumes are all DQ ones
>No Geno or Chocobo Costumes
>Speculation.JPEG

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Splatoon 2 continued to have Splatfests well after they stopped releasing major content updates, so tournaments and special stuff don’t really have to mean much for future content.

It’s a good, neutral thing. Nothing’s changed other than his costume not showing up this time. And the real issue is the lack of the Chocobo Mii Costume. People have been arguing that they would just port stuff over for some time, but that clearly wasn’t the case here and the absence of that costume is strange and not necessarily in a good way. If they didn’t port that costume, they might have just decided not to port Geno’s and that’s the end of it. Or he’s been saved for a character down the line. Like again, all that “we achieved” was surviving, we got really no closer or further from the overall goal. Which survival in of itself for any character, I always view as neutral. Nothing special points us one way or the other.

He still referred to Dragon Quest 3’s Hero as Erdrick early on though, so that’s not entirely an accurate representation of things.
You can’t rain on my parade today, friend.

1564496442791.gif

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
That actually isn't true, new weapons and clothes were still being added a few months before the final splatfest. Each splatfest also added a new stage to the game and a bunch of splatfests added new colors. There is even going to be a big update sometime soon that will add a new mode, clothes, and other changes that haven't been revealed yet but were found in the game's code.

EDIT: I'm not trying to debunk your claim, but I always see you trying to knock out Splatoon 2 as an example of Nintendo providing content a few years after launch when it is a great example of Nintendo doing so.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace

Okay, so that makes:

MemeSaucy
Jurae818
Datboigeno
Ovaltine

Not pinging the users to keep notifications clean, of course, since this is for Psycho's perusal. Keep 'em coming, gang!
I’d like to be added as well, apparently I missed the window last time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, since today's presentation wasn't a livestream, could a Direct still be announced at EVO?

D

Deleted member

Okay, so that makes:

MemeSaucy
Jurae818
Datboigeno
Ovaltine

I would like to be added as well as I seem to keep missing my window of opportunity.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly something has to be up with Geno at this point. All the little weird things up to this point like the anniversary tweet, Nintendo artist saying he’d been discussed at Nintendo, the mii costume in 4, Sabi’s source’s boss saying that he’s in, he and Mallow being two of the only SE spirits, and the HQ Trivia shoutout and now no return of his mii costume even though it would have been the easiest thing to port from 4 and of all the mii costumes got a splash screen when announced for 4. Not to **** on Virtua Fighter but those costumes and the Chocobo Hat didn’t get anywhere near the fanfare and hype that the Geno Costume did nor where they specifically called out by Sakurai in relation to their character’s popularity.
Only thing that stands in our way at this point is that pesky "spirits deconfirm fan rule". It's definitely a strange situation, but I suppose we might not have too long to wait until we find out for sure.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

Okay, so that makes:

MemeSaucy
Jurae818
Datboigeno
Ovaltine

add me on too

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
then Prepare to be disappointed;

then again; I Already was when I Saw Geno DIDN'T get in; not only did he not become a Fighter; we're not even getting a Mii Gunner Costume for him!!
This Blows!!
Weird that a guy named Miifighters4Smash5 is the only one upset at the lack of Geno costume

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You can’t rain on my parade today, friend.
Not trying to rain on your parade, just answering how people we’re viewing today as neutral.

That actually isn't true, new weapons and clothes were still being added a few months before the final splatfest. Each splatfest also added a new stage to the game and a bunch of splatfests added new colors. There is even going to be a big update sometime soon that will add a new mode, clothes, and other changes that haven't been revealed yet but were found in the game's code.
Splatfests did come with a stage. The rest was mostly reskinned stuff for the past few months and no new stages had been added since like October of last year. I should have included the qualifier of “major content” to that though. Cosmetics in Splatoon add minor buffs through a random generator, so it’s just aesthetic and most of the weapons were reskins in recent memory as well. Major content more or less stopped for the game outside of the briefly available Splatfest stages.

I’m sure Smash will get tournaments, balance patches, and Spirits post Fighter’s Pass, but legitimate and major content remains to be seen.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I’d like to be added as well, apparently I missed the window last time.
I've been following this thread and the thread from Smash4 daily and am not on the supporters list. Could I be added as well?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
From all the places to share my hype for the DQ8 Hero with others, I didn’t expect the coolest and most supportive with me of all to be the Geno thread, rofl.

The Hero thread just feels too biased for competitive stuff or indifferent with my presence at all, which wasn’t really the case during the days of the Erdrick and Eight threads.

Although I can’t complain much about that, since at least this place is a thing and that rocks.
Eight will be my default skin when I use Hero. I like his design the best of the four. It just feels like he meshes in better with the other Smash characters.

Hopefully he gets an amiibo.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Only thing that stands in our way at this point is that pesky "spirits deconfirm fan rule". It's definitely a strange situation, but I suppose we might not have too long to wait until we find out for sure.
Not gonna lie. I would be smug as hell after having to hear "Spirits deconfirm fighters" for the last year and a half.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Until someone at Nintendo flat out says spirits deconfirm and/or development of SSBU content ceases with zero spirits becoming newcomers I’m not putting any major stock into that theory.

Kronch

Smash Cadet
Can you add me to the supporters list? I assumed this character was dead, but now I'm hyped.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Weird that a guy named Miifighters4Smash5 is the only one upset at the lack of Geno costume
Because If He's Not a Fighter; and He's not getting a Costume; WE'RE NOT GETTING GENO AT ALL!!! That's Why I'm upset

and NO! A spirit doesn't count; that doesn't mean diddly-squat to me; I want to play as him; whether He be a Mii Gunner Outfit OR an Actual Fighter; and If we don't get either; that really disappoints me!

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

Okay, so that makes:

MemeSaucy
Jurae818
Datboigeno
Ovaltine

I'd like to join too!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly with all the work that went into World of Light and Spirits as a whole, frankly I’m surprised none of the people following “Spirits Disconfirm” considered they could’ve been done early on or before DLC was even close to finished being planned out.

Last edited:

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
Because If He's Not a Fighter; and He's not getting a Costume; WE'RE NOT GETTING GENO AT ALL!!! That's Why I'm upset

and NO! A spirit doesn't count; that doesn't mean diddly-squat to me; I want to play as him; whether He be a Mii Gunner Outfit OR an Actual Fighter; and If we don't get either; that really disappoints me!
Wait until DLC Fighter 4 and 5 are revealed to be Upset about Geno not being in

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I think it’s a bit too early to get upset over that when the FP hasn’t even been fully announced yet.
I Mean; Square Enix already had their representation in the Form of Dragon Quest; 4 Incarnations of the Hero & 1 recolor per incarnation; 4 DQ Mii Fighter Costumes; If Anything; SE should've gone all in; especially with Geno!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Say, since today's presentation wasn't a livestream, could a Direct still be announced at EVO?
I don't know but I think we'd be nuts not to watch it. There was a post EVO presentation in 2014 and 2018 and the E3 2015 Smash presentation had a buttload of fighting game content in it, including Street Fighter, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter. With that in consideration, there's technically been something Smash related tied to 3 of the last 4 Smash speculation years.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Wait until DLC Fighter 4 and 5 are revealed to be Upset about Geno not being in
It's extremely hard NOT to be upset; Especially since Square Enix is stingy; and Why would they add more than 1 Representitive as DLC? I had such High Hopes too. . .

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Ovaltine Ovaltine I've been here supporting the Kutthroats and K. Rool back at the Vine since 2007. And Bazooka for my Bear given BKupa666's avatar there. Spirits really shouldn't deconfirm anyone and for a lot of my picks I don't accept some still image as representation, otherwise I've had Geno's spirit on my computer for fourteen years.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
You'd think after Ultimate has been destroying fan theories/rules (too big, too irrelevant, dead series, lacking Nintendo appearance, abandoned series, competitor series, generic enemy, obvious echo, etc) that people would ease up on adamantly standing behind another (currently at the time) unfounded fan rule, again.

D

Deleted member

After the joy that this thread has given me today by doing stuff I was hoping for a lot of time to see happening to me at this site, I want Geno to get in more than ever.

Not as a most wanted, but just enough so you people get some joy too at last.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This might also be a good time to give a plug to Operation StarFall. You are more than welcome to come aboard and support us as we look into trying to get Nintendo and Square-Enix to bring back Geno, Mallow and the many other characters that SMRPG has to offer with either a remaster or as playable characters in games including Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros etc.

If you haven't had a chance to support or follow the initiative, feel free to do so! It would make our day for you to join us. Links about it are below: (Our latest post is about the Draqon Quest Mimic)

Change.org Petition: chng.it/gDgTY7W9
Twitter: https://twitter.com/opestarfall
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opestarfall/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/operationstarfall/

#OperationStarFall
#Geno4Smash
#ReviveSMRPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom