• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Geno being irrelevant to Dragon Quest means nothing as Geno is also irrelevant to Final Fantasy, and yet showed up with Chocobo in 4.

Ok, I'm still pondering it over. The fact that the ONLY mii costume to have a splash screen was not ported over, despite Mario RPG content already being more than present in the game (spirit and Palutena's dialogue on PP), makes me lean on this being pretty substantial. Sakurai is more than aware of how popular Geno is with the community, and if he were unable to negotiate a fighter, I don't see why he wouldn't port over Geno, considering how much DQ content Square have given this game.

I'm calling it. Geno will show up down the line.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Also glad that mii costume theory is just about dead. It was the biggest hurdle to me for geno chances frankly and now the pass really feels like anyone's game again.

D

Deleted member

Ovaltine Ovaltine Geno is still possible and I got the wonderful War Cry track in the game!

Doh Spain will get Hero tomorrow instead of today sadly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Calling it now, Direct sometime after EVO, DLC Fighter 4 will be revealed.

At DLC Fighter 5's Reveal is when i think a Geno bonus fighter would be announced.

Also over 200 people are viewing this thread right now
On the downside, we're looking at a dead period of nothing until Banjo's feature if nothing happens at EVO (which, as it stands, is 50/50. Sony has a 99% chance of stealing Nintendo's thunder otherwise). I don't mind monthly wait too much, but overall fanbase patience has shrunken drastically these days.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I just find it odd that Knuckles and Tails were added during Jokers, but this time around they just did DQ costumes. This doesn’t mean our chances increased, temper yourselves. This just means we are still in the ball game.

D

Deleted member

So no Geno Mii costume huh? We survived what was shaping up to be the death of Geno's chances and things are now taking an interesting turn.

Also I doubt they're withholding his Mii Costume to just withhold his Mii Costume as that was what I would call the Square Enix pack if there was a Geno Mii Costume it would be in there. Sure we didn't get Chocobo's costume back either but that could be because A) Geno is in and alongside SMRPG costumes he's bringing back the Chocobo costume or B) FF isn't getting any DLC this time around due to how stingy they are.

Things are taking an interesting turn for sure I guess we'll know how this plays out sooner or later but currently we're in the best position we've been in since Launch and I hope to gosh things turn out as we want them to turn out.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
So something about the online tourney mode stuck out to me. I'm expecting the special event online tourneys will happen far past the end of the fighters pass. Now these tourneys could be automated, but if not then it shows that Nintendo will be supporting the game past the fighters pass. This doesn't necessarily mean that there will be more DLC fighters, but I think it's a promising sign of possibly getting more outside the fighters pass.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
guys geno is literally playable in smash right now im crying and shakign rn hold me

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Something still can be announced at EVO, not sure what, but it would be a waste of an opportunity if nothing at all is announced or even addressed.

It would be kind of like the ice cream man not opening his window while being surrounded by kids and their parents in August.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The launch date on Japan is supossed to be the 31st so... 1 hour and 20 min left I guess..
Yeah, I mean, there are 4 costumes to Joker's 6, so for all we know, Chocobo and Geno will be shadow-dropped... but I don't see that happening. Why do that for the only Mii costume in Sm4sh to get a splash screen?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Could we actually see another Square-Enix character in the pass?
This was all Enix. And it was proven with their Costumes being nothing but Dragon Quest.

We could see the chocobo hat return...When Geno is revealed as the Square Rep.
Not the Enix rep...BUT the Square Rep.

What a time to be speculating lol

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don’t see why anyone would look at this as anything other than a good thing after months of assuming and trying to convince others that the Geno costume made the most sense to release with a DQ character and that it’d effectively be a decomfirmation. I genuinely don’t see how this is a neutral outcome in the slightest.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
To DQ fans, are the martial artist Mii Brawlers relevant to DQ in any way, or are they a quirky Smash Bros original?
Not even a DQ fan, but I know that the martial artist garb looks like the very same garb you'd find in DQ.

D

Deleted member

To DQ fans, are the martial artist Mii Brawlers relevant to DQ in any way, or are they a quirky Smash Bros original?
I'm pretty sure they're from DQ. I remember when I looked into the series there was a design like this on one of the box arts but that's all I know I may be wrong.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
We’ve been BTFO so much in the past that some of you actually think Geno is going to secretly be in this Mii Costume pack still even though they literally showed us the contents.

We’re like an abused dog

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
man this looking to be a good day. geno is back on the speculation menu for real now, MC theory is practically dead, and I get to play as one of my never-evers (solo) in smash in like an hour

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We’ve been BTFO so much in the past that some of you actually think Geno is going to secretly be in this Mii Costume pack still even though they literally showed us the contents.

We’re like an abused dog
Yeah rofl it's pretty sad, honestly. We're all so used to being burned.

For the first time since early this year, however, I'm feeling optimistic again! Sure, it's cautiously so, but this in conjunction with the starling hint from Sabi's source has my mind racing.

D

Deleted member

We’re like an abused dog
Also known as literally me before June of this year, lol.

And seriously, I feel that people are more open to celebrate Hero with me here than in the freaking Hero social thread xD.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Also known as literally me before June of this year, lol.

And seriously, I feel that people are more open to celebrate Hero with me here than in the freaking Hero social thread xD.
That is really weird, my man, but hey! Celebration nonetheless!

I can't wait to play as Hero... and by Hero, I mean Munchie. :4pacman:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I don’t see why anyone would look at this as anything other than a good thing after months of assuming and trying to convince others that the Geno costume made the most sense to release with a DQ character and that it’d effectively be a decomfirmation. I genuinely don’t see how this is a neutral outcome in the slightest.
Yeah this is huge for us and anyone saying “this doesn’t increase his chances” truly doesn’t grasp what happened here today

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Watching Sakurai spike both Hero and the "GeNo iS a MiI CosTUmE" leakers in one showcase was satisfying :4pacman:

Edit: Also Sakurai acknowledging "it would be a shame to only have 1 or 2 songs" was gold

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
You know, while this all seems better for geno’s chances, we now have to wait even longer before we know anything...

Also while hero does look fun, damn he looks broken as hell, lots of random elements, like random critical hits on smashes, moves don’t seem too slow, lots of high knockback moves, a reflector, a movement speed buff, healing move, and some that buff his attack power, and a potential ohko...

I could MAYBE understand if they drained his mp more per move, but they don’t seem all that taxing on it. Like...I just don’t see many disadvantages to this character, not enough to balance his advantages anyway.

Also side note; anyone else feel that comment by sakurai on the budget might have been actually true? Like he played it off as a joke, but I wonder if trying to get hero and banjo in really did blow the budget on this and Nintendo is putting some pressure on him...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, in the event that Geno's coming is clear as crystal and true, are there any lesser-supported characters that you guys would want to help the supporters for next? I know that Operation Starfall is a thing, but there's several candidates that would dream to even be in Geno's potential position. This could open a lot of doors.

They come from DQ3 if I remember correctly.
I find it odd that that wasn't name-dropped when they showed up, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom