• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'll be honest my heart skipped a beat when they ended up talking about future content at the end but short of a reveal this is the best position we've been in since before launch

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
There wasn't a Geno Mii costume, but there also wasn't any non-DQ Mii costume either. It's possible that, IF Geno's Mii costume is returning, they didn't show it in the video since it isn't related to DQ.

Don't mean to be a Danny downer, but still.

TBone06

Smash Ace
That was a really good presentation. I don’t think Geno’s costume being omitted means he’s in, but I think it’s more positive than negative. There is still a shot!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There wasn't a Geno Mii costume, but there also wasn't any non-DQ Mii costume either. It's possible that, IF Geno's Mii costume is returning, they didn't show it in the video since it isn't related to DQ.

Yeah, he's still not anywhere near a lock yet, so we still gotta be on our toes... but at any rate...

Geno lives another day.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

Well, Knuckles and Tails weren't Persona characters and they were shown off in the Joker video.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So like I said before, if we go through all the DLC and get no Geno AND we don’t get a Mii costume, then I’ll be tilted. If Geno isn’t coming, I’d rather they re-release that costume at some point, personally.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
This certainly puts a nail in the Mii Costume Theory's coffin

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So Mii Costume Theory is sorta debunked now?

I have no idea what to think of this. I reckon there's some secret going on with Geno though, it'll be kinda weird to get rid of that Mii Costume which was presumably a fan favorite one.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Anyone notice how square is with their music. They only give away two songs from each game. Ya'll remember when brstm had two specific mario rpg songs removed? Perhaps geno isnt a main dlc fighter, but a small bonus fighter for the side with no stage but two bonus songs for mario stages.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
There is still a chance. With the absence of the Geno costume .... there is hope. Also, if Geno is the last fighter, possibly, then he would come with the Chocobo hat.

It’s possible.

Firox

Smash Master
No costume, ppl! Holy crap, the game is on! Also, did anyone else see how effing BROKEN Hero is?! The critical hit mechanic alone is just stupidly overpowered. "Ooops, looks like I disintegrated you with a stray smash attack at 60%!" Or a sleep projectile for a free charged smash? Way too OP.

D

Deleted member

Geno's Mii costume wasn't there, eh?

I'll still have my expectations in check but I can't help but wonder why they chose not to bring it back. That is if we don't get it later down the line, of course. The DQ Mii costumes look great, though. Especially those Martial Artist costumes. Definitely getting that set.

well, that is if I can break out of CTR for at least one day.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say, it's really impressive that this stage was made by a shrunken staff, with everything that's shoved into it. Touring, background characters, even an enemy that you can attack. The budget influx they got from 4 and this game's sales really must have helped.

Also, tip of the hat to Sakurai for somehow managing to keep the actual release date for Hero until the very last minute. :ultpiranha:

Though I do have to pity the folks that were hoping the Down B spells wouldn't be assigned randomly, that'll hurt tourney chances.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t know how, but you did it. You survived what was shaping up to be Geno’s assassination.

Things just got interesting.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Some thoughts:

- Geno is not a mii costume. They didn’t withold it to be released down the line. This is where it would’ve came back. They specifically said “this is Mii Costume pack #2”, so the idea that they omitted any is wrong.

- Regarding Chocobo, I could see there being no FF dlc at all this time around since it’s very clear this is the franchise SE is stingy with. I could also see it coming back along with a few SMRPG costumes during a Geno character reveal

- Anyone saying “guess we’ll know our fate at Evo” needs to realign expectations. Today was a victory. Whether anything happens at Evo or not doesn’t mean much for how good of a place we are in right now.

LETS GO BABY

zferolie

Smash Hero
Dont expect anything at evo, but be surprised if something happens. It would be cool of they revealed the 4th dlc furing the finals, as it is the final game for it, but again dont expect it.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well regardless if he's in or not that's to be determined but at the very least if 4.0 goes by and nothing new is shadow dropped in hopefully we can go back to thinking we might just pull this off somehow. While he still feels out of place in a pass of 3rd party icons the starling pick is still live and running out of time for a relevant reveal so if it's not just bunk which would make very little since I think evo might just be the place to make it happen. It would be the most fitting place for a geno reveal moving forward so I'm quite optimistic about our chances right now

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Yooooooo there was no Geno costume today that’s a big hope for the boi playable in the future !!

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I took a healthy break from speculation, hope this finds everyone well!

I'm very excited to play Hero but

Omg no Geno costume! We arent out of the woods yet, but I'll keep myself cautiously optimistic

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Well friends, Let's enjoy Hero. No idea if this is a voice of the past or a touch of the future but i do think this speaks echoes.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My thought is this: if Geno were just a Mii Fighter costume and not playable, don't you think that the costume and the Chocobo hat would've been shown along with the DQ costumes given that all of them are Square Enix properties? If anything, this one video completely opens up a new area of speculation going forward towards Geno's chances.

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
Calling it now, Direct sometime after EVO, DLC Fighter 4 will be revealed.

At DLC Fighter 5's Reveal is when i think a Geno bonus fighter would be announced.

Also over 200 people are viewing this thread right now

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, the good news is that there wasn’t a Mii Costume revealed today of Geno, the other good news is Hero looks amazing to play and they also got 8 tracks for the stage, which is super cool compared to Final Fantasy.

Bad news is I’m not sure this really changed much of anything. I really expected to see at least the Chocobo hat come back (it follows the exact same logic as Geno’s would), but the lack of that costume makes me question if we’ll even get either of those costumes back. I would have been more suspicious to see it back and no Geno than what we’ve got here... Could be the worst timeline of no Geno playable AND no Mii costume. Though I’m just noting it as a possibility more than anything else. He’s survived one of the hardest challenges so far in the process... I hope it means something, but while we’re still around, we’re also no closer to any sort of answer than we have been.

No Home Run Contest either, though lots of nice little additions elsewhere too, which is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom