• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That post was never a leak in the first place, though. Like, if you actually looked at the context of the thread, it was a predictions/what you want the fighter pass to be, and they never made any claim that it was a leak whatsoever. This guy literally just posted a wishlist that happened to be 50% true so far. Sure, it's incredibly weird that it's exactly what we've gotten, but it wasn't a leak. If it ended up being 100% true then it's just a very weird coincidence, if anything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you think about it, with a lot of constant talk, guessing the ideas of a Luminary, Eight, and Erdrick costume aren't even that hard. They're the most talked about(and one is very relevant and also constantly talked about by Nintendo and Square-Enix). If you've not played a lot of the games, Solo is the only one that might go over your head. The rest are very popular in circles and talked about more respectively, or pushed for relevancy(as noted above).

Solo is literally the only one I never heard of till somebody explained it to me. Coincidentally he has a costume I want to use. And it's the Dragon Quest 1 costume(which is perfect for a guy named Solo to have).

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If you think about it, with a lot of constant talk, guessing the ideas of a Luminary, Eight, and Erdrick costume aren't even that hard. They're the most talked about(and one is very relevant and also constantly talked about by Nintendo and Square-Enix). If you've not played a lot of the games, Solo is the only one that might go over your head. The rest are very popular in circles and talked about more respectively, or pushed for relevancy(as noted above).

Solo is literally the only one I never heard of till somebody explained it to me. Coincidentally he has a costume I want to use. And it's the Dragon Quest 1 costume(which is perfect for a guy named Solo to have).
Guess he was going Solo...:4pacman:

I'll see myself out.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
posesss.png

Some last minute doodles before I go to bed. Will always keep making Geno content, whether he gets deconfirmed tomorrow or not!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Guess he was going Solo...:4pacman:

I'll see myself out.

All this talk of Solo reminds me of this even though I wish it wouldn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
All this talk of Solo reminds me of this even though I wish it wouldn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
Today, my cousin and I were discussing Solo and I told her he'd be her favorite because of the fish fins on the side of his head. We then joked about it being a fusion of Trunks from DB and Eridan from Homestuck. If I could draw, we'd have a fusion scene with a kernel sprite.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Remember, friends, to keep pushing, even in the face of certain deconfirmation. Even if the Adelaine leak is real, we keep pushing, even if we see a mii costume we keep pushing. Even when the whole world tells us to give up, by god we keep pushing. We'll see this through sooner or later.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I've been watching this thread for a while and just made an account. As someone who really wants Geno, I'm never going to give up on him getting in. I really hope something happens today, but I also have my doubts. We can at least hope for the best, though.

Dynamic Worlok

I've been watching this thread for a while and just made an account. As someone who really wants Geno, I'm never going to give up on him getting in. I really hope something happens today, but I also have my doubts. We can at least hope for the best, though.
That's pretty much all that can be done at the moment.

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
Remember, friends, to keep pushing, even in the face of certain deconfirmation. Even if the Adelaine leak is real, we keep pushing, even if we see a mii costume we keep pushing. Even when the whole world tells us to give up, by god we keep pushing. We'll see this through sooner or later.
That was just some twitter users wishlist

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Deconfirmed or not, we have to keep up the good fight and here’s a song to help with that.

Makes a lot sense, since it’s from the Pinocchio movie and talks about wishing on a star. Should be Geno’s anthem. :grin:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Soooo is it going to just drop on YouTube? Is it actually on Twitch?

Also, no matter what is shown, this has been a fun place to be and you are all BREATH TAKING!

MemeSaucy

Smash Cadet
40 Minutes left... It's been quite the ride supporting Geno since E3 2013, this is our last chance for DLC Geno bros, good luck to each and everyone of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuww-R_I_wU

Soooo is it going to just drop on YouTube? Is it actually on Twitch?

Also, no matter what is shown, this has been a fun place to be and you are all BREATH TAKING!
It will probably just drop on YouTube as a standard video like Jokers, but since its about the length of a Smash Bros direct there is the possibility it will be streamed

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
40 Minutes left... It's been quite the ride supporting Geno since E3 2013, this is our last chance for DLC Geno bros, good luck to each and everyone of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuww-R_I_wU

Because of the costume? I wouldnt fret too much even if the costume came back. Other new characters still have their mii costumes. Granted they are 1st party, but we'll see if Sakurai makes a tongue-in-cheek comment or of there is some sort of miraculous surprise

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It will probably just drop on YouTube as a standard video like Jokers, but since its about the length of a Smash Bros direct there is the possibility it will be streamed
Man, this character reveal is by far the weirdest. You'd figured they'd at least want to use the premier function on YouTube...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Looking back on prior videos going up, we had an insider telling us what was going to be shown. Right now, I kind love not knowing!

I feel when we get told something and deny it, that is the worst burn you could get. This time around, it's all a mystery.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Welp, we're 20 minutes away. This could either be our golden goose egg or that rank century egg that is still edible, but not particularly palatable.

Hang in there!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Did i miss something about Geno? Why are people so hung up about a Dragon quest/4.0 video confirming or deconfirming the character?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Did i miss something about Geno? Why are people so hung up about a Dragon quest/4.0 video confirming or deconfirming the character?
Basically, if the Geno Mii Costume comes back, he's most likely not coming as DLC. But if it ISN'T...

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Good luck to everyone, no matter what! I’m super happy with how this game has turned out so far, so regardless of the outcome of this upcoming video, I can safely say that I’m satisfied with Ultimate. However, a playable Geno is something we all aspire to see one day; here’s hoping that day is sooner rather than later!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If the Mii costume drops, it looks like it'll basically be over.
Basically, if the Geno Mii Costume comes back, he's most likely not coming as DLC. But if it ISN'T...
If a Geno Mii Costume gets announced its all over for us.

But....why? I mentioned this before but other, new characters have their mii costumes back. Why are we limiting whats possible and what isnt? Yes, 3rd party is different, but lets not make up rules for ourselves that limit what we should have faith on.

Geno could be a character AND have his Mii gunner costume.

Dynamic Worlok

Maybe the geno costume is the end for you guys. The way I see it, a costume means we just have to push harder and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

Ovaltine

Smash Master
But....why? I mentioned this before but other, new characters have their mii costumes back. Why are we limiting whats possible and what isnt? Yes, 3rd party is different, but lets not make up rules for ourselves that limit what we should have faith on.

Because it'd be for purchase, unlike the ones in the base game. It seems very unlikely for him to be in after his Mii costume is already available for purchase. When money is involved, that's when things get different.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

It's a safe assumption.

D

Deleted member

4 minutes away everyone this is more than likely the final stretch in our Journey. Its either going to be amazing or the worst case scenario and I sincerely hope we get the former. It's been an absolute blast chilling and hanging out with all of you for the past 8 months and I'm sincerely grateful for all the memories and good times I've shared with you all.

I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for the memories I've shared and for the people I've come to know and appreciate I've met a lot of people I would consider friends over these last months like Ovaltine Ovaltine @Zack E. ForsakenM ForsakenM and more, Thanks for the amazing journey and the fun times we've had along the way.

Even if we don't get Geno today and even if Geno's MIi Costume returns we'll always have a shot be it in a Fighters Pass 2, Individual DLC or Smash 6. Even if we lose today we will win the war eventually if we continue to show Nintendo and Square that we love our boy and I for one will continue to root for him until we finally win all we need is one win and I'm positive with enough perseverance we can do it. Good luck out there everyone and thanks for everything.

Let's hopefully get this Geno bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom