• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm still on the hope for the best expect the worst train but I still find the video being so secretive and so under wraps a bit suspicious. That alone really makes me just from a 5% chance to a 15% chance but I guess we'll have to see when we cross that finish line or crash and burn trying huh? I hope we get our boy but I doubt it.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai going with no script is just because to show the random element of Hero's movesets. I don't think it's a livestream either.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm still on the hope for the best expect the worst train but I still find the video being so secretive and so under wraps a bit suspicious. That alone really makes me just from a 5% chance to a 15% chance but I guess we'll have to see when we cross that finish line or crash and burn trying huh? I hope we get our boy but I doubt it.

Its not that secretive lol.

D

Deleted member

Its not that secretive lol.
Well from what I know nobody knows what's in the presentation even the big leakers like Sabi whom usually gets the details of the direct a day before doesn't she? I would call that secretive. I may be mistaken though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Well from what I know nobody knows what's in the presentation even the big leakers like Sabi whom usually gets the details of the direct a day before doesn't she? I would call that secretive. I may be mistaken though.
Thats when its a prescripted direct, and not every direct is leaked

Also this isnt a direct lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thats when its a prescripted direct, and not every direct is leaked

Also this isnt a direct lol
I guess so. The November direct and august direct weren't leaked apart from leaks from Nintendo and characters that were in the direct yet not specifically stated to be in that specific direct.

I know this isn't a direct too it's still some sort of presentation which is more than what Joker got.

Last edited by a moderator:

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
They have some balls associating their personal twitter with 4chan if they are telling the truth.
Not really.

Worst thing that happens to attention ****** from Twitter is that they go back to darkness after confessing their fake leaks. Anyone remembers the dude who made some fake Smash renders with Agnes on them? Never heard of him again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Possibly. Sakurai's "live" events usually have surprises tacked to them too. Wii Fit led off his Smash 4 demo. Pac-Man was at the end of his E3 2015 Q&A. Of course, there's the VGA's. Joker's presentation was pretty much the only exception of a Smash presentation since 2007 that didn't have a character reveal but it's easy to note that Joker had absolutely no gameplay footage up until that point so it kind of was like a true reveal.
I wonder if Joker was originally going to get this kind of livestream/presentation/coverage/not-direct/whatever-the-hell-this-even-is until plans got hastily changed midway through.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Not really.

Worst thing that happens to attention ****** from Twitter is that they go back to darkness after confessing their fake leaks. Anyone remembers the dude who made some fake Smash renders with Agnes on them? Never heard of him again.
Maybe I'm just a little paranoid because i've had pictures get leaked to 4chan before.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder if Joker was originally going to get this kind of livestream/presentation/coverage/not-direct/whatever-the-hell-this-even-is until plans got hastily changed midway through.
Well, there was that video where Sakurai visited Atlus and hugged a giant Morgana so... Also, that video showed that Sakurai wears the same type of hat that I always do so it made me especially happy.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
That about sums it up for me. Just a really good guess

Yeah, definitely apologize jumping on the bandwagon for it.

Funny enough, I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they got Doom Slayer right too. Bethesda was legitimately having talks with Nintendo about Smash last year. They messed up and confirmed it.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Yeah, definitely apologize jumping on the bandwagon for it.

Funny enough, I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they got Doom Slayer right too. Bethesda was legitimately having talks with Nintendo about Smash last year. They messed up and confirmed it.
If the last two are (miraculously) Geno and the Doom Slayer, I'm set for Smash forever. Never ask me for anything again? Ok.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the last two are (miraculously) Geno and the Doom Slayer, I'm set for Smash forever. Never ask me for anything again? Ok.
Can you consider thinking of another character to want in Smash Bros if Geno and Doom Slayer get in? :troll:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
literally nobody. Those two are EXACTLY who my last two picks are.
Actually blessed

Can you consider thinking of another character to want in Smash Bros if Geno and Doom Slayer get in? :troll:
Yeah about 10 Nintendo characters half of which are assist trophies

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

It's ambiguous and can be taken either way, otherwise it'd be breaking NDA so hard that it's not even funny.

"Oh yeah." is pretty straightforward lmao.

And who's to say they didn't run into problems with Nintendo? We also have to realize that this comment never really blew up from them. It was kind of blown over by most people, and there is no actual proof that a bethesda character is in smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just Geno alone would make me hit Smash Nirvana, honestly. Doom Marine would be really cool, though, but... Geno, man. Geno.
I see. For me, it would be Bomberman (though he is an assist), Shantae, Rayman, Geno and Dixie, Earthworm Jim, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro that would make me happy.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Nintendo: Say Bethesda, it's been brought to our attention that, in a recent interview you were asked if a conversation between us in regards to Smash Bros. took place.
Bethesda: Oh yeah, that's true.
Nintendo: stares
Bethesda: I mean, that was literally what we said you know? *sweats* It was no biggie, right?
Nintendo:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
At a stretch, Quote, Isaac, Bandana Dee and Shantae, but those four aren't even in the same league as Geno and Slayer. One would be unbelievable. Both would have me in complete and utter awe. Nothing more from me, I've gotten everyone. I was still really young in Smash 4 speculation (didn't go on any forums, just played games and thought "HE'D BE COOL!") and so far I've been lucky. Mega Man, Little Mac, Mewtwo's return, Ridley, King K, and more recently Banjo-Kazooie. Geno and the Slayer are all that's left for me now, which is annoying considering that it's incredibly likely that both aren't coming in. Still, work with what you've got!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If that Adeline leak is true, then the only reason I'll play the Monster Hunter is because they have a female alt. And I LOVE my female characters.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've got Nintendo's Twitch page up just in case since they didn't say where the Sakurai video was being streamed

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I feel like Sakurai would go for Phoenix Wright or RE representative over MH

Edit: Also, thank God the Adeline leak came out clean. That list sounded very underwhelming for me. (and underwhelming compared to Hero and Banjo as well)

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I know this wasn't directed at me, but

Needs:

Rayman
Crash
Spyro
Ms. Pac-Man
Kratos

After these inclusions, I'll be completely satisfied.

Want-but-don't-need:

2B
Travis Touchdown
Eggman
Viewtiful Joe
Nightmare
Earthworm Jim
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank

People I want for the sake of others:
Isaac
Shantae

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
>people bringing up possible new credible leak
>4chan post

I sleep.:tired:
>Posted possibly only days after Joker, when everyone only knew about "Brave"
>Just so happens to have guessed not only the DQ characters down to their games, but also the name "Hero" when everyone was saying Erdrick
>MH character
>Doomguy doesn't have classic alt, a thing that Sakurai would tend to add to characters like this
Gonna press X to doubt on this one, guys.
Looking things up and it turn out that the datamine Brave & Jack characters were found in January and this leak was made on December 9th. It's awfully coincidental, but then again when it came to the Grinch Leak they got Ken's art pose pretty accurate so stranger things have happen before.

Edit
So I guess it was a really lucky guess.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I feel like Sakurai would go for Phoenix Wright or RE representative over MH

Edit: Also, thank God the Adeline leak came out clean. That list sounded very underwhelming for me. (and underwhelming compared to Hero and Banjo as well)
Agreed.
Seriously though, why are people still even suggesting that characters like this would even be included in the Fighter's Pass? I mentioned it a few pages back with regards to Edelgard, but I think it's ridiculous that people are still treating speculation in this DLC period as though it's the same as before the game came out, or like during Smash 4's DLC. "They added Corrin as DLC, so it's totally reasonable to assume that Edelgard will be chosen for the Fighter's Pass." The Fighter's Pass requires you to pay for five DLC characters up front with no idea of who they are. Imagine if you were a big Smash fan (ie. the kind of person who would most likely opt into something like this) and you paid ~$20 for all the characters, and they all ended up being stuff like another Fire Emblem character or a Gen VIII Pokemon. Imagine someone like Byleth being included alongside the likes of Banjo or the DQ Hero. Most people would feel severely ripped off, or at the very least somewhat underwhelmed. And then consider how much the Smash Ballot, our input, has influenced what newcomers got picked for Ultimate: Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon, DQ Hero, Banjo. All points, no quills, no pillows. All characters we've wanted since god knows how long who we've voted into the game via the Ballot, and yet people still believe that the Ballot has no influence and that we're gonna get the likes of Edelgard?! I think not. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. See you tomorrow, and good luck!

D

Deleted member

Alright my last minute predictions:
Hero trailer showing their movesets and stage
Sakurai talks about the moves and the stage while playing a bit
Sakurai talks about the games the characters are from and how much DQ has done for Gaming
Sakurai plays through the classic mode for Hero
Sakurai presents a possible new mode from 4.0
Sakurai talks about Mii Costumes (Maybe)
Sakurai showcases Geno be it him being Fighter 4 or Bonus DLC (Probably not but maybe.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom