• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Plus, my dad has a Master's in broadcasting so I know that doing things live (even on the radio), unscripted, and in one shot is incredibly stressful and hard, nevermind setting a hard time limit on it.
Homer: 'Question, will this cartoon be airing live?'
Executive: 'No, it puts a horrible strain on the animators' hands.'

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I have my switch with me, and a notification came up on Smash that says Version 4.0 will be available within the next seven days.

Just a heads up.

Firox

Smash Master
Quick, any of you badasses at a crappy game that 9-yr-old's play?
Coincidentally, I was just reading an article about a 16 yr old that won $3 million in a "World Fornite Tournament". Not sure which is more disgusting, the fact that a game like that can garner so much freaking money, or the fact that that stupid kid is now richer than me without working a day in his life.

D

Deleted member

SIS IS A WAKE... YIPPPE :D
I saw that post you made about this but I don't remember if I commented on it so Congratulations! I'm glad your sister is doing well cause that must've been a very stressful situation and if I was in that situation I would be freaking out so again congratulations!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
OMG YES!

Do you guys know what happened?
If I recall, someone was posting that his sister went missing a few days ago, then he found her in a coma, and I guess she's awake now. Thank goodness she's fine!

Last edited:

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm not one for 4chan leaks but this... is very specific when it came to Dragon Quest https://twitter.com/Tracker_TD/status/1155950540901085186?s=20
I've seen many talk about this, but I mean it's just a good guess honestly. People saying that there is no way he could've guessed those Heroes are probably people who never played DQ ever or know about the series that much, because those would be the obvious choices as they are the ones that work and are most popular

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Plus the way the post was written, imo it was meant to be speculation

Firox

Smash Master
Never said I believe it, but I did a spit take when I saw it. Definitely a lucky guess, but that's an extremely lucky guess. But stranger things have happen before.
Wait, so what does it claim? I can't get it to open on my computer.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I've seen many talk about this, but I mean it's just a good guess honestly. People saying that there is no way he could've guessed those Heroes are probably people who never played DQ ever or know about the series that much, because those would be the obvious choices as they are the ones that work and are most popular
There's more than a dozen similar leaks I've seen with Geno included in them which I chose to believe and they turned out to be wrong.

Thank u, next

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, so what does it claim? I can't get it to open on my computer.
It’s a wishlist that somehow guessed Hero’s alt’s would be his 3, 4, 8 and 11 appearances as well as guessing Banjo and Kazooie. It also says Doomguy (popular character in speculation) and Monster Hunter, but again I think 2 out of 4 on this list is just a lucky guess esp given the context of the original thread it’s in

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
>people bringing up possible new credible leak
>4chan post

I sleep. :tired:

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Plus the way the post was written, imo it was meant to be speculation
It looks like it’s intended to read as a leak, considering he said he “wanted Sylux and Ado but...”
Most of the speculation I’ve seen used Erdrick in place of Hero and predicted female alts.

But I’m not on board with it yet. The most I’ll say is it’s good for a text leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It looks like it’s intended to read as a leak, considering he said he “wanted Sylux and Ado but...”

Most of the speculation I’ve seen used Erdrick in place of Hero and predicted female alts.

But I’m not on board with it yet. The most I’ll say is it’s good for a text leak.
I’ve seen the original context, it’s right here:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/442253084/#442254868
OP says: “So now that we know that spirits officially deconfirm characters and that Nintendo is only going to be taking DLC from series that don't have any reps in Nintendo, give me your most wanted DLC.”

theyre wrong about that htw

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
OP says: “So now that we know that spirits officially deconfirm characters and that Nintendo is only going to be taking DLC from series that don't have any reps in Nintendo, give me your most wanted DLC.”

Sounds like speculation, nothing more, especially with context.

Hopefully tomorrow puts a lot of this to rest.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm not one for 4chan leaks but this... is very specific when it came to Dragon Quest https://twitter.com/Tracker_TD/status/1155950540901085186?s=20
>Posted possibly only days after Joker, when everyone only knew about "Brave"
>Just so happens to have guessed not only the DQ characters down to their games, but also the name "Hero" when everyone was saying Erdrick
>MH character
>Doomguy doesn't have classic alt, a thing that Sakurai would tend to add to characters like this
Gonna press X to doubt on this one, guys.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Oh man, I just had the best/absolutely worst way to reveal Geno pop into my head.

So, it’s like the King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie trailers, but this time when DK and crew look out the window, it’s a silhouette of a wooden doll or something. The camera cuts to a close up, and the shadow is lifted revealing...

Mii Gunner wearing the Geno Mii costume! But then, the real Geno comes out and wrecks them. Bonus points if there’s any bit of sass like that one fan model done if him.

Not gonna lie it hurt my soul to write this a little bit

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
>Doomguy doesn't have classic alt, a thing that Sakurai would tend to add to characters like this
To be fair...in all these cases the classic designs tend to look better than the redesigns....Doom Guy however looks pretty cool in both original and remake. So I can see them using both or just the new look.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Just because a post comes from 4chan doesn't make it inherently bad/wrong. There have been plenty of major text leaks that've happened in the past few years that originated there. The problem is that there's so many bull**** fake ones that get posted on a daily basis that it's almost impossible to determine which are legit until said thing has already been officially revealed so putting any sort of stock in any of them is a loser's game. A couple notable examples are the recent Pokemon leaks on /vp/ and the entire starting roster of Injustice 2 plus premium costumes on /co/ 6 months before the game's release. It's not impossible but it's genuinely like finding a needle in a haystack except the haystack was human feces.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

The way it reads to me is that OP asked his question and the “leaker” answered by first saying that he wanted Sylux and implied that he wasn’t happening because the other characters were “leaked.” I’m not trying to argue in favor of a text rumor, but I think it’s clear it’s supposed to be read like a leak.
>Posted possibly only days after Joker, when everyone only knew about "Brave"
>Just so happens to have guessed not only the DQ characters down to their games, but also the name "Hero" when everyone was saying Erdrick
>MH character
Gonna press X to doubt on this one, guys.
The brave datamine stuff didn’t go public until later.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>people bringing up possible new credible leak
>4chan post

I sleep.:tired:
Honestly, I could use that right now, I'd rather sleep until 8 o clock tomorrow than go through another round of "4Chan Myth Busters".

To be fair...in all these cases the classic designs tend to look better than the redesigns....Doom Guy however looks pretty cool in both original and remake. So I can see them using both or just the new look.
Alts seem likely, yes. It's not like this is a :ultsonic: case of sticking with just one option out of habit.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The way it reads to me is that OP asked his question and the “leaker” answered by first saying that he wanted Sylux and implied that he wasn’t happening because the other characters were “leaked.” I’m not trying to argue in favor of a text rumor, but I think it’s clear it’s supposed to be read like a leak.
They started by saying Sylux and Adeleine were still their most wanted, and then listed off their most wanted when following the OP's rules since they would believe they're not happening. There's another post in that thread that lists off characters as well, so it may as well be a leak, too.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
They started by saying Sylux and Adeleine were still their most wanted, and then listed off their most wanted when following the OP's rules since they would believe they're not happening. There's another post in that thread that lists off characters as well, so it may as well be a leak, too.
Okay, I see what you’re saying now. I still think the way it reads is interesting but I didn’t catch the non-Nintendo rule.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Just because a post comes from 4chan doesn't make it inherently bad/wrong. There have been plenty of major text leaks that've happened in the past few years that originated there. The problem is that there's so many bull**** fake ones that get posted on a daily basis that it's almost impossible to determine which are legit until said thing has already been officially revealed so putting any sort of stock in any of them is a loser's game. A couple notable examples are the recent Pokemon leaks on /vp/ and the entire starting roster of Injustice 2 plus premium costumes on /co/ 6 months before the game's release. It's not impossible but it's genuinely like finding a needle in a haystack except the haystack was human feces.
True, but it's still very easy to fake stuff like this with Inspect Element and make it seem like it was posted back in December. And really, what would be the odds that some rando on 4chan just so happened to leak all of the Fighter Pass characters, down to the detail of Hero being 4 DQ characters? Pretty low if you ask me.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
With Hero's "demo" coming up tomorrow, I would advise to keep a sharp eye on the entirety of the video. With Nintendo giving the heads-up that ver. 4.0 is coming as well, and the possibility that Sakurai might delve into the additional content within that version update, be on the lookout for potential "hints" to the last two DLC fighters. During the ver. 3.0 "direct" where they showed off Stage Builder, there were a few custom stages that had a dragon theme, and then there was the witch-themed stage, which IMMEDIATELY (at least that was my case, and certainly many other Banjoroos as well) made me think of Gruntilda; thus Banjo & Kazooie potentially being hinted. Of course such details at the time were mostly discarded as possible hints, but E3 2019 in a way validated said hints (especially the witch-themed stage). Having said this, just be sure to keep an eye out for any "curious" potential hints for the remaining two DLC fighters, and/or future content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom