• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah, I was not aware of that then. I thought she had backed the Banjo hints.
I don't blame her because most us were like "Ha ha, what are the odds that these are super obvious hints... Unless..." With how esoteric the crab hint was, we were all kind of stunned and kind of wondering if he was just trolling us. Still, he's now acting the same way he did for those and the Pokeballs: offline and not answering questions about the pictures.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The Lupin Leak says the vid drops at 10am PT. That's in 35 minutes. It claims that there's no Geno costume in the bunch shown.
Correction: an hour past what you said. I’m actually in the timezone, and it’s only about 8:27 right now.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You’re twisting what she said:

View attachment 231687

She said it could very easily be nothing and she doesn’t know anything about it. She also said he didn’t label it a tease. That’s not her “not believing the picture means anything or dismissing it as not belonging to the patterns of others”. Those are your own interpretations of what she said.
I don’t think I’m mislabeling this. She says that she doesn’t believe it means anything based upon the fact she doesn’t know anything about the picture and it wasn’t labeled a tease like prior pictures (I don’t know what that means exactly to be fair, but those are her words). She’s clearly doing both of the things you say I’m basing on my interpretation based upon how she worded it. She sets up the entire Twitter chain to indicate that she doesn’t believe it means anything with the first post acknowledging the situation and then the second dismissing it.

If you say, “There’s a big chance it means nothing,” people are going to reasonably say you don’t believe in it meaning anything. So, no, I don’t see myself twisting her words.

Edit: Maybe less so on the prior pictures tease point now that I read it again, that part seems more open to interpretation. That’s what I took it as based upon the way it’s worded, but I guess I see the possibility of other things.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The Lupin Leak says the vid drops at 10am PT. That's in 35 minutes. It claims that there's no Geno costume in the bunch shown.
Please read my previous reply to you before continuing to spread this. You have your timezones wrong

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don’t think he labeled the other pictures as teases, either.

Also she has rabid Smash fans on her back so she has to pry them off.
This. He drops hints and either becomes inaccessible for days afterwards or pretends he never posted anything by flat out ignoring all questions about them. When he dropped the starling pic, we tried to get him to say something. I know at least me and Sabi PM'd him. He eventually talked back to me but about something entirely different and playfully chastised us for burying him in tags.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Clearly, the starling image is a legitimate leak of some kind. The question is, does it refer to Geno? The thing is, if we actually get a Smash Direct some time within the week and not just a video drop, I can see it, maybe. But I’m still very skeptical; that bird could refer to anything, including things we wouldn’t think of until they actually got revealed. Still, here’s hoping!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don’t think I’m mislabeling this. She says that she doesn’t believe it means anything based upon the fact she doesn’t know anything about the picture and it wasn’t labeled a tease like prior pictures (I don’t know what that means exactly to be fair, but those are her words). She’s clearly doing both of the things you say I’m basing on my interpretation based upon how she worded it. She sets up the entire Twitter chain to indicate that she doesn’t believe it means anything with the first post acknowledging the situation and then the second dismissing it.

If you say, “There’s a big chance it means nothing,” people are going to reasonably say you don’t believe in it meaning anything. So, no, I don’t see myself twisting her words.

Edit: Maybe less so on the prior pictures tease point now that I read it again, that part seems more open to interpretation. That’s what I took it as based upon the way it’s worded, but I guess I see the possibility of other things.
Yeah, sorry but she's not actually saying that. That could be what she thinks but we do not know. She intentionally is not making claims either way most likely because of the position she is in legally. She's just saying it could easily be nothing because it's very vague and she doesn't know what's up with it. Not that she thinks it's nothing. If she thought it was nothing she wouldn't have DMd the dude about it as Fatman indicated.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This. He drops hints and either becomes inaccessible for days afterwards or pretends he never posted anything by flat out ignoring all questions about them. When he dropped the starling pic, we tried to get him to say something. I know at least me and Sabi PM'd him. He eventually talked back to me but about something entirely different and playfully chastised us for burying him in tags.
So, what I am getting from this is...
Sabi's source: Starling photo
Fatman:
Feign.PNG

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Me as we get closer and closer to this potential leak, knowing that even if it's not real we have something extremely credible later on.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've been playing Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS because I want to give the series a fair chance after all the toxic bandwagoning I've seen for Erdrick and I felt I needed to give the series a look. So far, I've got to the boat to Peregrin Quay and got Jessica to join the team. I'm liking it so far.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Clearly, the starling image is a legitimate leak of some kind. The question is, does it refer to Geno? The thing is, if we actually get a Smash Direct some time within the week and not just a video drop, I can see it, maybe. But I’m still very skeptical; that bird could refer to anything, including things we wouldn’t think of until they actually got revealed. Still, here’s hoping!
It is a stretch to direct it to Geno but, as it stands, the most likely Directs in the coming weeks are Fire Emblem or Smash. I'm leaning more towards Smash for a number of reasons:

-Knowing what the ten of us like and usually talk about, including him, I don't think he'd make a big deal out of a Fire Emblem Direct.

-It's super unlikely for a Direct and a shadow drop to happen in the same week. The time frame suggests it would be one or the other.

-Smash Amiibo due out this week. Amiibo are dropped on Fridays, and based on the past, meaning the shadow drop will need to happen today and that's looking unlikely at the moment.

-Honestly not sure what else they could cover about Fire Emblem since it's had multiple trailers including one at E3.

We'll see in due time though.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
If Geno finally makes it, future Smash speculation will be in such an interesting place; with everyone returned, Ridley, K Rool, Banjo in the game. Other than Isaac, that pretty much covers the most requested since the Brawl era.

I think for future additions afterwards, the top runners in speculation would be:
- Waluigi
- Ashley
- Isaac
- Bandana Dee
(Not sure who to place for the 5th, perhaps Rex or Shadow).

Sakurai has done an amazing job listening to fans, it’s so satisfying seeing poll’s for popular candidates for previous games and seeing how most characters have came to fruition.

It’s Geno’s turn lads

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If Geno finally makes it, future Smash speculation will be in such an interesting place; with everyone returned, Ridley, K Rool, Banjo in the game. Other than Isaac, that pretty much covers the most requested since the Brawl era.

I think for future additions afterwards, the top runners in speculation would be:
- Waluigi
- Ashley
- Isaac
- Bandana Dee
(Not sure who to place for the 5th, perhaps Rex or Shadow).

Sakurai has done an amazing job listening to fans, it’s so satisfying seeing poll’s for popular candidates for previous games and seeing how most characters have came to fruition.

It’s Geno’s turn lads
Don't forget Skull Kid and Krystal (I apologise, I realized I double posted again. I don't know how to do multiple quotes per thing on mobile)

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
*Popping out from lurking*

I am on the same boat with Leon with the confusion regarding this supposed video. Nintendo has always (correct me if I am wrong) announces a direct ... but the supposed "leak" is Nintendo will be showing a video with no heads up? This doesn't track to me.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I made a few memes about the situation:
I woke up not even thirty minutes ago and let me say those memes are fantastic. You did a really good job!

Anyways we are little over 30 minutes from finding out if that leak is true and even if it isn't much like Fatman is saying I doubt it effects his chances at all as we may get a Smash Direct within the next week or two.

Firox

Smash Master
Geno (and Wario) got a joycon set today;

Lol I love how Nintendo purposely matched a cool color with a stupid one so that you'd have to buy at least two packages for a good set.

EDIT: Nevermind. The navy blue seems to only be a left-handed joycon, so a full navy blue set is out of question either way. Ugh. Why, Nintendo? WHY?! Why don't you believe in making products in colors that actually LOOK good instead of piss yellow and punch-in-the-balls pink? What's a guy gotta do for some normal blue, red, green or purple ones?

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
*Popping out from lurking*

I am on the same boat with Leon with the confusion regarding this supposed video. Nintendo has always (correct me if I am wrong) announces a direct ... but the supposed "leak" is Nintendo will be showing a video with no heads up? This doesn't track to me.
Did they do that with Joker??

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Why is it that you said even if Lupin is fake it's no biggie, and might even be better for us?
the precedent set by the guy who leaked the bird image will supplant current speculation. Assuming the bird relates to geno, we should see a direct with some big news in the coming weeks.. at least that's my understanding of it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Too many people in this thread aren't reading and think that we need the Lupin leak or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom