• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It is a stretch to direct it to Geno but, as it stands, the most likely Directs in the coming weeks are Fire Emblem or Smash. I'm leaning more towards Smash for a number of reasons:

-Knowing what the ten of us like and usually talk about, including him, I don't think he'd make a big deal out of a Fire Emblem Direct.

-It's super unlikely for a Direct and a shadow drop to happen in the same week. The time frame suggests it would be one or the other.

-Smash Amiibo due out this week. Amiibo are dropped on Fridays, and based on the past, meaning the shadow drop will need to happen today and that's looking unlikely at the moment.

-Honestly not sure what else they could cover about Fire Emblem since it's had multiple trailers including one at E3.

We'll see in due time though.
Actually, Smash amiibos are being released next Friday, the 26th.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I got my sad trombone out.

Can't believe I became a bird expert for nothing smh

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I repeat, the Lupin leak had little to nothing to do with Geno.

We are waiting on the announcement of a Direct that will be coming within the next 7-8 days. This is important because they likely wouldn't show a new character in a phantom video drop, but they would during a direct.

Starling.

Otter posting.

Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, the Direct still may be happening guys. We've got at least another week or so before all bets are off. Let's not lose hope just yet. I've said it before multiple times, and I'll say it again now: it's not over until it's over. That, and the Starling pic was completely unrelated to the Lupin leak.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Well, the Direct still may be happening guys. We've got at least another week or so before all bets are off. Let's not lose hope just yet. I've said it before multiple times, and I'll say it again now: it's not over until it's over. That, and the Starling pic was completely unrelated to the Lupin leak.
Yeah people in here seem to be confusing a random 4chan leak with actual information/teasing from insiders

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What Direct are you talking about, by the way?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
We should try not losing hope at all. Keep asking in the face of certain deconfirmation.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
As long as Nintendo doesn't explicitly state "Geno isn't in." we will always have a chance.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't think the Lupin Leak being confirmed fake raises or lowers Geno's chances honestly they're the same as it always was throughout this past week or two. Just cause a silly 4chan leak was fake doesn't really mean anything at all while I would've loved to see no Geno Mii Costume return we still have that Bird Picture, Otter Posting, NOA source saying Geno is in + Jon from Gamexplain hearing that Geno is in(?), Etc.

Don't lose hope yet everyone we may have a direct in a little while.

Last edited:

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Honestly the worst part about this is that we just have to sit and wait patiently for the most part

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Aaaaaaaand just like that, my interest in watching the Lupin movie series has dropped from 80% to -25%

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah I don't think the Lupin Leak being confirmed fake raises or lowers Geno's chances honestly they're the same as it always was throughout this past week or two. Just cause a silly 4chan leak was fake doesn't really mean anything at all while I would've loved to see no Geno Mii Costume return we still have that Bird Picture, Otter Posting, NOA source saying Geno is in + Jon from Gamexplain hearing that Geno is in(?), Etc.

Don't lose hope yet everyone we may have a direct in a little while.
What makes you think we’ll get a Direct soon?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I really believing that The Hero is releasing in August now. I'm doubtful that it's happening this week and next week is Fire Emblem Three Houses week, there's no way they'll drop Smash Bros news and The Hero around the same time as Three Houses. Maybe it'll be on the July 30th or maybe the events of last year will repeat and Nintendo will announce a Smash Bros Direct after the EVO Tournament.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
I repeat, the Lupin leak had little to nothing to do with Geno.

We are waiting on the announcement of a Direct that will be coming within the next 7-8 days. This is important because they likely wouldn't show a new character in a phantom video drop, but they would during a direct.

Starling.

Otter posting.

Geno.
I still don't think they would reveal another character within one month of another. Whether it be fighter #4 or a bonus character (which still wouldn't make sense in the middle of the pass), I don't see another direct having anything to do with Geno's chances aside from the Hero information possibly making an appearance in said direct.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think we’ll get a Direct soon?
What Fatman said makes sense to me, Otter posting from Jon makes me believe we'll get one soon, Hero in that July trailer also makes me believe we'll get one soon, Etc.

I don't recall Jon ever otter posting when Joker was about to drop so I think we'll likely get a full blown direct sometime soon. It's never too early for one based off of the 8/8/18 direct of last year.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
What Fatman said makes sense to me, Otter posting from Jon makes me believe we'll get one soon, Hero in that July trailer also makes me believe we'll get one soon, Etc.

I don't recall Jon ever otter posting when Joker was about to drop so I think we'll likely get a full blown direct sometime soon. It's never too early for one based off of the 8/8/18 direct of last year.
Vriska was running that direct. She gave them all the luck.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lupin may be dead, but the otters and that damn bird are still alive, we still got 14 days left before we know if Nintendo's messed up in more ways than one. It doesn't help that I had to put away a book about birds at work today. (I swear, reality's mocking me at this point.)

But boy are EVO-goers going to be annoyed if they still don't get to try out Hero yet by the time the event starts.

On unrelated news, Yuzo Koshiro is definitely doing music for the new Streets of Rage! :awesome:

Mood regarding the wait:
I feel like this fits more the mood.

At least I finally received my copy of Flower, Sun and Rain, so that'll give me some sleuthing time to kill.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Now that I'm home and not mobile-bound, not at all surprised that the Lupin leak was bunk. 4chan leaks very often are. I take those with fifteen wheelbarrows of salt.

I know some people are saying August, but I'm willing to put my chips on Hero coming next week.

Dynamic Worlok

Now that I'm home and not mobile-bound, not at all surprised that the Lupin leak was bunk. 4chan leaks very often are. I take those with fifteen wheelbarrows of salt.

I know some people are saying August, but I'm willing to put my chips on Hero coming next week.
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I've crossed a few other things as well, but the laws of reality prohibit me from discussing them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this is just setting up for the goalpost being moved yet again. For all we know, Ninty messed up massively by putting Hero in the ad way too earlier than planned.

Also, I'm a safe gambler, I never put chips on just one number, I prefer to spread them out on several ones.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Yes, it is one of SiIvaGunner’s high quality videogame rips.
First of all, the mario RPG song was uploaded by GilvaSunner, totally different person, not alike in the slightest. Second, I'm pretty sure that mother 3 song is the exact same song (albeit with a different tempo) as Sad Song from mario RPG. If there's a joke here, it's gone well over my head.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this is just setting up for the goalpost being moved yet again. For all we know, Ninty messed up massively by putting Hero in the ad way too earlier than planned.

Also, I'm a safe gambler, I never put a chip on just one number, I prefer to spread them out on several ones.
I doubt that, especially since third parties are involved. Just seems a little too petty, and they have already attempted to cover it up, so moving the date doesn't seem like the current path.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I really believing that The Hero is releasing in August now. I'm doubtful that it's happening this week and next week is Fire Emblem Three Houses week, there's no way they'll drop Smash Bros news and The Hero around the same time as Three Houses. Maybe it'll be on the July 30th or maybe the events of last year will repeat and Nintendo will announce a Smash Bros Direct after the EVO Tournament.
Fighter pass characters between December and July: 1
Fighter pass characters between August and February : 4

Nah I don't buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom