• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
First of all, the mario RPG song was uploaded by GilvaSunner, totally different person, not alike in the slightest. Second, I'm pretty sure that mother 3 song is the exact same song (albeit with a different tempo) as Sad Song from mario RPG. If there's a joke here, it's gone well over my head.
SiIvaGunner is GiIvaSunner’s successor or something, except their rips are always bait-and-switch among other styles of jokes they use.

The original Mother 3 song isn’t the same as Sad Song.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Lupin was just using this fake leak as a distraction to get the Nintendo Ninjas off his trail, so he could quickly swap out Geno's Mii costume for Geno himself while they weren't paying attention.

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
SiIvaGunner is GiIvaSunner’s successor or something, except their rips are always bait-and-switch among other styles of jokes they use.

I would say more of a parody channel than a successor.

The whole joke is to upload a song and remix, change, or outright play something different than what the video claims itself as.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so there's doubt on the Hero thread about him dropping on July there, too. Things are going to get ugly real soon if we don't hear anything by next week...

Lupin was just using this fake leak as a distraction to get the Nintendo Ninjas off his trail, so he could quickly swap out Geno's Mii costume for Geno himself while they weren't paying attention.
A true master of disguise, as it should. :4pacman:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still confident in a July release for the DQ heroes. Remember, Nintendo themselves put out that video that contained games/updates only applicable for this month and not a general summer release schedule. If that were the case, Astral Chain would've been included.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

I just assumed it was the same person with a slightly altered name.
And that makes sense, considering the various unused versions of the DK rap they've posted.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I was going to post this if the Lupin Leak was right, but no sense in throwing away a good image.
138.png

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Fake leak or no, these past few days have been like a microcosm of pre-release pre-grinch speculation days.

I forgot how much I enjoyed those days.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
This SiIva stuff inspired me to actually find some history I didn’t know:

https://siivagunner.fandom.com/wiki/SiIvaGunner

so I guess it’s the same guy from the original but he has a team?
Sup lmao, I'm a team member. It's not the same guy, Giiva knows about it though and finds it funny, it's owned by Chaze. The more you know!!!! Also nice to meet you all I'm very much a lurker

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Inspector Zenigata: LUPIN!!! I've caught you red handed so now you're under arrest!

Lupin: You got to try to catch me first pops. Well see you later!

Inspector Zenigata: LUPIN!!!

"Music plays while Zenigata is chasing after Lupin."

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oh! Also, forgot to comment on this, but I'm loving the new Geno-flavored Joy-Cons. Yes, I know they're not meant to be inspired by Geno, but they are Geno Joy-Cons in my heart.

I need to get me those... eventually. I mean, 70 bucks is a hard pill to swallow...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, here's a summary:

-Jon's otter posts- 2-2.5 weeks on average

-Sabi's source's picture hints- 1.5 - 2 weeks on average

Based on past events, this puts a potential Direct announcement by next Tuesday at earliest and Wednesday July 31st at the latest.
So, could be literally on the last day before the killswitch happens, huh. Incidentally, LM3 gets out on Halloween, so that wouldn't be too surprising.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, could be literally on the last day before the killswitch happens, huh. Incidentally, LM3 gets out on Halloween, so that wouldn't be too surprising.
For an announcement, yes, meaning a Direct could technically be announced as late as the 31st but not actually happen until sometime in August based on past events.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Despite the rumors/leaks, objectively speaking; Nintendo would have up until tonight at 11:59 PM to release Hero (and potentially ver. 4.0) in order to be on time so that the character may be allowed for the SSBU EVO 2019 tournament. I still feel that with Nintendo being more involved with EVO this year, they would want to draw attention to the SSBU tournament stream with fans/players alike hoping to see high-level Hero play.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I suppose we may also see a situation where nothing is announced until EVO, since it's literally only 2 days after the hypothetical deadline. If nothing is announced by next Wednesday, this is what I'll place my chips on.

Firox

Smash Master
Despite the rumors/leaks, objectively speaking; Nintendo would have up until tonight at 11:59 PM to release Hero (and potentially ver. 4.0) in order to be on time so that the character may be allowed for the SSBU EVO 2019 tournament. I still feel that with Nintendo being more involved with EVO this year, they would want to draw attention to the SSBU tournament stream with fans/players alike hoping to see high-level Hero play.
I have to admit, as much as Nintendo probably doesn't care, having Hero playable in EVO would be great advertising.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I suppose we may also see a situation where nothing is announced until EVO, since it's literally only 2 days after the hypothetical deadline. If nothing is announced by next Wednesday, this is what I'll place my chips on.
Holy **** guys!

Imagine Geno being revealed at EVO!

Ultimate has the most players signed up for a main-stage game at EVO and many of the pro players and those around pro players in the community either want Geno or want us to have Geno. The community is there and this would be the perfect audience to reveal him to if you think about it.

Oh my god...

OH MY GOD!!!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Holy **** guys!

Ultimate has the most players signed up for a main-stage game at EVO and many of the pro players and those around pro players in the community either want Geno or want us to have Geno. The community is there and this would be the perfect audience to reveal him to if you think about it.

Oh my god...

OH MY GOD!!!

If only. Alas, such dreams are reserved for the fanbases nintendo actively supports.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing it out there that if Hero WAS dropped on/right before EVO, at least ONE top player would use him early on in brackets for giggles. Not only for hype purposes, but they'll know people will be eager to see top-level Hero play ASAP, so it guarantees them more attention/exposure

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** guys!

Oh my god...

OH MY GOD!!!
I wish man, I wish. I doubt it but I wish.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Holy **** guys!

Oh my god...
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, the DLC characters need to take their turns getting released before the next ones get announced.

At most, I'd expect the date for Hero's release to be revealed at EVO.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
To be fair, they could also announce a Smash direct at EVO as well. They did the same last year so it’s not out of the question.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So, apparently outside this thread, things are shaping up to look like Team July Vs. Team August.

I just wish there was a consensus on something for once.
Dunno why "team August" is even a thing, considering the Nintendo video was describing ONLY content releases in July before they changed the title. The only thing without confirmation was Hero's release date, so im not sure why people dont expect it happening next week or even the week after, since the 31st is on a Wednesday

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Dunno why "team August" is even a thing, considering the Nintendo video was describing ONLY content releases in July before they changed the title. The only thing without confirmation was Hero's release date, so im not sure why people dont expect it happening next week or even the week after, since the 31st is on a Wednesday
Because without the video, there wasn’t anything to establish Hero releasing in July other than blind hope. And while the video would seemingly point to their release in July, there’s also always a possibility that the mistake wasn’t accidentally revealing Hero’s release date in July, but actually that Hero’s release wasn’t in July and they had to re-list the video accordingly since they got the wrong information or made a different mistaken than the one people are assuming was made.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
When we were kids, Sean and I were members of a popular spriting board called "Pixeltendo" - run by Dazz from DidYouKnowGaming. That community eventually evolved into The Spriter's Resource! Our old Pixeltendo board reunited via a Facebook group and now I keep up with him and his work through socials! I loved his Smashified Geno and the rest of the work he's been doing, and was super excited for him when Banjo got announced.

Thank you kindly! I appreciate it - can't wait to shade them. My artist wasn't the most versed in these guys so I hope to work with some other people who might have an eye for fixing/adding the details I'm missing, but I think the Vivi came out the best out of these! Next I need to find someone to fix my Link (the artist who did his linework no longer tattoos...)

GENO FOR SMASH!!!!!!!!!!
Hah, I love seeing Pixeltendo people in the wild.

I have severe doubts about Geno, but I want to believe!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Alright, here's a summary:

-Jon's otter posts- 2-2.5 weeks on average

-Sabi's source's picture hints- 1.5 - 2 weeks on average

Based on past events, this puts a potential Direct announcement by next Tuesday at earliest and Wednesday July 31st at the latest.
Makes sense. Just one thing: who is this Jon guy?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Jon from GameXplain; sometimes when he posts otters, it means a direct is coming sometime soon. Sometimes, however, it’s just because he likes otters.

Last year, he posted otters on Twitter 3 days before the September direct, once for its intended date and then again for its rescheduled date. I’m not sure of other times.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
GameXplain Jon. He has a source that gives him info on Nintendo stuff, and he's very secretive about his source. This extends to clouding real information with made-up stuff. He frequently posts otters before a Nintendo direct, although sometimes he just posts otters because he likes otters, which is understandable.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Because of the July/Whoops, Summer! Nintendo video, it looks like more than likely Hero will be released this month.

Banjo will probably be sometime in October/November. (either before or after Luigi's Mansion to give it some breathing room)

If that is the case, than the fourth DLC character is probably in the Decemeber/January time frame.

Last, the final one is in February ... unless it gets delayed for any reason.

If Geno is not the 4th or 5th one, the only possible idea I can think of is a "Bonus" fighter to the DLC list if the claim Sakurai made that he has extra resources/funds then planned. Granted, this is PURE speculation or at least just hopeful thinking. A perk for those who bought the 5 dlc pack could download him for free or something to add to his comment about purchasing the DLC pack in advanced gets its value.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
GameXplain Jon. He has a source that gives him info on Nintendo stuff, and he's very secretive about his source. This extends to clouding real information with made-up stuff. He frequently posts otters before a Nintendo direct, although sometimes he just posts otters because he likes otters, which is understandable.
Jon from GameXplain; sometimes when he posts otters, it means a direct is coming sometime soon. Sometimes, however, it’s just because he likes otters.

Last year, he posted otters on Twitter 3 days before the September direct, once for its intended date and then again for its rescheduled date. I’m not sure of other times.
What's his latest otter posting right now?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Because of the July/Whoops, Summer! Nintendo video, it looks like more than likely Hero will be released this month.

Banjo will probably be sometime in October/November. (either before or after Luigi's Mansion to give it some breathing room)

If that is the case, than the fourth DLC character is probably in the Decemeber/January time frame.

Last, the final one is in February ... unless it gets delayed for any reason.

If Geno is not the 4th or 5th one, the only possible idea I can think of is a "Bonus" fighter to the DLC list if the claim Sakurai made that he has extra resources/funds then planned. Granted, this is PURE speculation or at least just hopeful thinking. A perk for those who bought the 5 dlc pack could download him for free or something to add to his comment about purchasing the DLC pack in advanced gets its value.
I'm thinking more late September for Banjo's release myself given the current release trends and character #4 likely won't be much later than November. January/February is most likely for character #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom