• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
https://twitter.com/pepperonisecret/status/1138301464848285698

here is a good luck geno

pat his head and your e3 dreams will come true

i swear, it works, no snake oil, only $99.99 after taxes, free shipping (very cuddly)
Can I just say that I absolutely just ADORE your art because I just,, REALLY DO OK!!!
And hey everyone! I'm PREETTTY SURE that no one even remembers me here but that alright, Just wanna say that I have really good hopes for geno right about now! I've been getting some unfortunate things happen to me and usually, (for me at least) it means that something VERY GOOD is gonna happen, Hopefully that good thing is our star boi coming home! Though I do wish the direct was on the 12th instead. I would have spent my birthday wish wishing for him back!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
No matter what happens tomorrow, I'll be excited for the roster expanding yet again. If our star boi does indeed come home like Ingenious says, that would be the best thing on earth (and the stars, I suppose) - over a decade of waiting fulfilled. If not, I'll still look forward to the crazy ways the roster expands yet again. Who would have predicted Cloud or Ryu or Joker? Tomorrow I hope to be floored in a similar way.

And it's always been a good time rooting for Geno with you guys. This thread will always be fun for me. If it is or isn't Geno, I'll probably pay tribute to him in some way with art.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Here's hoping tomorrow has a good surprise waiting for us! Again, I'm fine with whoever we get because I just love Smash and gaming too much, but I'd also really still love to be surprised and proven wrong as to my predictions regarding speculation and love to have a moment to freak out about Geno being in Smash like I did with King K. Rool in August. I'm going in with a small expectation of Banjo Kazooie which will achieve the same effect, but Geno really would be the best surprise to me personally. And both, as unlikely as it is, would just be... like, "What did I do to deserve my perfect Smash game becoming even more perfect?" levels of great haha.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Hey, all!

I haven't posted in this thread for a while aside from replying to occasional posts here and there, so I figured I'd post a little mini-ramble for those who care about my thoughts. It's been a bumpy ride in terms of character speculation since the game's release, and while Sakurai continues to fulfill my dreams in numerous ways with additions like Ridley and King K. Rool, I have so much passion for games that I will always have a new dream, (or in Geno's case, an old and long-lasting one.) Going into E3, I'm as hopeful as the rest of you that Geno turns out to be one of the characters on the Fighter Pass, but for a variety of reasons, I don't think that it will happen. However, there's still the possibility of even more DLC down the line, and Geno may eventually see revival in the future through a remake/sequel to Super Mario RPG, which I'm always hopeful for. Even without Geno, this game has been such an amazing thing to experience, and I will always be eternally grateful to Sakurai and the rest of the Smash Bros devs for giving me so much and asking for so little in return. As for our boy Geno himself, he will never die as long as we all continue to remember him, and our passion for the character may eventually be the catalyst for his official revival! No matter what happens, let's all keep on wishing on shooting stars, and maybe someone on high will hear us.

Cheers!

96DD7F88-AD02-4672-A4B2-A2F08249B338.jpeg

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Let me just say, as a mostly lurker for Geno since brawl, you guys are far and away the best community. If banjo males it, we'll all mostly be happy. So great. Praise the star road. Eekom bookum

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Geez guys, its been literally half a year since we got any official news on a new Smash character. Can't wait for this era of Smash speculation to be over.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geez guys, its been literally half a year since we got any official news on a new Smash character. Can't wait for this era of Smash speculation to be over.
Yea, this Pass has not been managed well by Nintendo. Asking consumers to buy something where six months later we only know one-fifth of the content. That's pretty bad. This character today will be the deciding factor for those still on the fence on purchasing the pass.

This will be a tricky E3 for Smash. Every previous one had multiple character reveals. Even Smash 4 DLC era E3 had three releases, granted, we knew about Lucas (officially) and Roy/Ryu (unofficially) going into the event. Last year had Daisy, Ridley and EVERYONE. And the ones before that had Villager/Wii Fit/Megaman and Palutena/Miis/Pacman.

They have to, at the very LEAST, reveal character 3 today (not even release them, just show them off). I can't image them dropping character 2 and going on radio silence for several months again.

So here's hoping there are surprises today....like non-FP DLC........and actual playable Geno.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If Geno doesn’t happen to show up today, there’s one classic NES legacy character that’s missing out of :ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultkirby::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultsamus::ultsimon: and that’s Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and if he gets revealed in his original costume from the older games like how they gave Simon the same treatment, it would really make my day and even better if his modern design was one of his alts.

D

Deleted member

The trailer they showed for Builders 2 only said PS4

It's coming out on Switch too and they didn't even bother mentioning it. You'd think if they were going to announce their series' mascot for Smash tomorrow they'd make an effort to point out that a new DQ game is coming out on Switch in a month
Just a quick note:

SE is publishing Builders 2 on the PS4 and Nintendo is publishing it on the Switch, so each company are handling the marketing for their respective version while omitting the other. Expect a trailer for the Switch version at today's Nintendo Direct.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not sure about Geno's chances today at the moment, but I'm wishing everyone here good luck nonetheless.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Definitely set an alarm for 8:30 am and definitely got up at 5:30 out of pure anxiety. This morning is going to be fun

0C69A255-D63A-45CA-BB02-933D45AB25DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm prepared for the worst. I have no hope left but a tiny sliver that I pray will become a brilliant ray of light.

Firox

Smash Master
This is it, guys....the moment of Geno—er, I mean, the moment of TRUTH. Of course, that's what I meant...

link2702

Smash Champion
whelp....I'll be in school all day today....I'll miss the stream live. I don't want to bring my cell phone with me, but I might have to since I use my raspberry pi as a small cheaper laptop and my phone screen as my monitor(ridiculous I know, but I don't have my old laptop anymore, I've just got the desktop I built.) I'll definitely have to avoid all spoilers until I see the direct. Hope like hell nothing is spoiled in the thumbnail.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I will also be at school. In fact, I'm in a college class right now. But because we have our laptops out, I'm thinking I could watch the stream on mute while I take notes in another window.

Here's hoping for the best.

D

Deleted member

20190611_104411.jpg
Man these E3 leaks are getting out of hand

Last edited by a moderator:

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Fake. It's obviously a photoshopped Little Mac. Can't believe you'd fall for this.

This is an aside, but this still cracks me up. The fact an obviously real Shulk leak was even considered to be an edited Little Mac is hilarious.

I'm against leaks now - it's really horrible and short-sighted to ruin surprises and goes against the hard work that developers go through. But I actually saw that particular leak before it went to the mainstream, I was in a small chatroom with the rating agency employee that leaked it. Fun times for sure

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is talking about Banjo and Erdrick so much that I've begun thinking we might actually have a chance.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is talking about Banjo and Erdrick so much that I've begun thinking we might actually have a chance.
Right? So much has been going around about them I'm starting to think it's gonna be neither of them.

Then again, a part of me thinks it will be them...

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
All right, it's half-hour to game time. Before we dive in, let me say a few words:

We the Genobros and Genosisters of the internet have made it so far. Just a few years ago, people thought we were a joke, but look at us now: here on Smashboards this thread alone is one of the most active of all the newcomers. We're almost at 1000 pages. Geno still polls very high after this long, and that's a thing because we Genofans have one very important power: hope. Hope is what revived us in the bad old days between Brawl and 4, and between 4 and now. Hope is what has kept up our pluck through every single setback and helped us make it through every single dark time. Hope is what we are.

Hope is the guiding principle of every endeavor. It's the oil that keeps the gears in our heads and in our hearts going. And we have hope not in any particular outcome, but we have hope for the sake of it, for the principle of the thing. It's brought us here to now, to this point, and no matter what happens in the next hour it will not fail us. And we shouldn't give up on it.

Believe. We may very well have our hopes manifest today.

#Geno4Life

Piks

Smash Journeyman
All right, it's half-hour to game time. Before we dive in, let me say a few words:

We the Genobros and Genosisters of the internet have made it so far. Just a few years ago, people thought we were a joke, but look at us now: here on Smashboards this thread alone is one of the most active of all the newcomers. We're almost at 1000 pages. Geno still polls very high after this long, and that's a thing because we Genofans have one very important power: hope. Hope is what revived us in the bad old days between Brawl and 4, and between 4 and now. Hope is what has kept up our pluck through every single setback and helped us make it through every single dark time. Hope is what we are.

Hope is the guiding principle of every endeavor. It's the oil that keeps the gears in our heads and in our hearts going. And we have hope not in any particular outcome, but we have hope for the sake of it, for the principle of the thing. It's brought us here to now, to this point, and no matter what happens in the next hour it will not fail us. And we shouldn't give up on it.

Believe. We may very well have our hopes manifest today.

#Geno4Life
Precisely. Hope is what we have above all the other possible newcomer threads, and it's really been great.

If not now, I full-heartedly believe Geno will get in someday - Sakurai saying he wanted him for Brawl and thought he would make for a fantastic fighter in Smash (he said he'd fit in well, right?) makes me think he will get in one day. If not today, Geno's chances overall are very hopeful. I honestly think he's the most popular request that hasn't been already added.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Yes I came back, Yes I am here but it's only for E3. We the Geno fandom have waited so so long for Geno as Kite said, We used to be a joke but now we're here as one of the biggest long running requests and we're now taken seriously not just for our long running devotion to the character but cause of how big our fandom has became. We're either going to get really excited and happy or really disappointed, While I personally believe the latter if Geno does get in then we hit the homerun y'all. We can do this.

Even if we don't get Geno now, We may get him later. No matter what happens don't give up! Cheers!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Well, it wasn't Erdrick! But close enough, yeah?
Edit: Oh, it kind of is. It's...all of them. That's actually kind of cool. More hype that I expected to be for DQ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom