• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
At least the bandage is ripped off. Ugh.

Geno deserves better than this.

Congratulations to Erdrick's fans, though. DQ was way overdue. I'm happy for them.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I think Erdrick alone would have been boring as all living hell could imagine (probably the most boring choice possible). But the fact all the DQ heroes are here makes it pretty interesting IMO.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm a weepy mess right now, but Banjo will save things, at least. Right?

... R- Right?...

Also boy, the Mii outfit is going to look like **** again, I'll just bet you. That's even IF we ****ing get it back.

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
Hi yes I'm in pain, and it might be my last day around here for awhile depending on how the mood gets I guess?

Congrats to the DQ folk.
DO NOT give up on Geno.

If anything this is probably the best time to get loud.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing to remember is while being salty as hell, it's important not to drag other things down while you're in a bad mood. Of course I would have rather have gotten Geno. That's undeniable. But I can still appreciate The Hero for what it is.

Geno will be added someday, and it'll be a pretty good day. Make arguments FOR Geno, not AGAINST the people who got in, basically.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hi yes I'm in pain, and it might be my last day around here for awhile depending on how the mood gets I guess?

Congrats to the DQ folk.
DO NOT give up on Geno.

If anything this is probably the best time to get loud.
I'm gonna be as loud as ****ing possible.

No one **** on Erdrick's fans, though. Please. I don't mind Erdrick himself and his fans are cool people. But when it comes to Geno, we've got to be even ****ing louder, and I vow to be. Square's not gonna just sit pretty without some choice words.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
User was warned for this post; trolling
I'm only going to **** on an Erdrick fan if they come here. They spent way too much time making our discussion thread about their ****ty character and I put up with that for far too long. What a joke.

Dumb mother ****ers man. Stay in your lane DQ.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yeah there's unironically no reason for people to come here and discuss Erdrick at this point. Silver linings.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
All we want is to see our boy come back.

DQ has so much already, and now they have Smash, which is cool and all. They deserve it, but...

We just... wanted a small slice of that pie. That's it. Just a small sliver.

Doesn't matter, though. I'm so ****ing depressed about this, man.

D

Deleted member

Finally the Square rep crap is over. I'm glad Erdrick is nothing more than a skin for Luminary.

Now we wait for the Geno Mii costume to come back.

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
OH MY ****ING GOD THEY MAD E THE SAME JOKE TWICE AND ITS WONDERFUL LMAO

edit: oh my god is anyone else shaking oh my god that makes up for it aaaaa

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
WE FINALLY GOT BANJO, BOYS N' GIRLS!

That'll tide me over till' Geno is announced!

(Breath of the Wild 2, as well! Woah!)

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
We really just have to wait and see if Erdrick brings the Geno costume. If not then we might still have a shot in the future if Banjo is anything to go by.

domriver

Smash Lord
Excited for Banjo-Kazooie - i personally dont care for Dragon Quest but congrats to those who wanted that character in.
THe E3 aside from Smash , zelda reveal - i was hopin on some update on Metroid and Bayonetta 3.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Pretty happy to see that Banjo turnaround. Literally saved the direct and the fighter pass for most people here, eh? Who the hell could have predicted this??

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I recorded my reaction, waiting for it to render so I can then edit it in Vegas (thx Humble Bundle) and then upload it.

WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAT a WILD ride that WAS!

I was writing everything down for my friend who is working but my pen got sent to the Shadow Realm when the Jiggy bounced on screen. I even freaked out so hard I accidentally paused the stream.

Dude, even if no Geno or SMRPG, this Direct was HOOOOOOOOT!

I'm going into the the Banjo and DQ threads to celebrate with them! HELL YEA LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!

Also I just want you to know, when Luminary showed up, I was actually hyped, though I believe I mentioned that it means Verge is credible again and that was my only gripe.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Fall can't come soon enough!

owjies

Smash Journeyman
That Banjo reveal was perfection. With the way they re-staged the K. Rool gag it’s clear that Banjo’s in because of the ballot. With Banjo in, Geno, Lloyd, and Crash are the only characters left from the Brawl days. DLC characters don’t have to be cross-promotion. Geno’s chances are low for the fighter’s pass, yes, but they’re not 0. Two slots left. Is it Hayabusa? Doom Slayer? Lloyd? Maybe Geno sneaks in there at the end.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Meh. There are still two more DLC slots. Geno can still make it in. Even if he doesn't, we can just hold out for a second DLC drop or for the next Smash game, whenever that may be.

Until then BANJO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D :D :D :D :D

kermitfreakingout.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I recorded my reaction, waiting for it to render so I can then edit it in Vegas (thx Humble Bundle) and then upload it.

WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAT a WILD ride that WAS!

I was writing everything down for my friend who is working but my pen got sent to the Shadow Realm when the Jiggy bounced on screen. I even freaked out so hard I accidentally paused the stream.

Dude, even if no Geno or SMRPG, this Direct was HOOOOOOOOT!

I'm going into the the Banjo and DQ threads to celebrate with them! HELL YEA LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!

Also I just want you to know, when Luminary showed up, I was actually hyped, though I believe I mentioned that it means Verge is credible again and that was my only gripe.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Fall can't come soon enough!
Well, from what I hear, Verge was not right about this E3 when it comes to Nintendo, so not really.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Genuinely sorry for Geno fans who couldn't get what they were hoping for after such a long wait. I know I was a bit of a (read as: a colossal) jerk a few months back about it, but the writing was on the wall between him being a Spirit and so much evidence pointing to Erdrick, and I at least didn't want people to keep their hopes for him too high only for disappointment central to sink in. Geno's costume will almost definitely come back, but I understand it doesn't replace the character (or a remake/sequel of SMRPG), and I'm ultimately sorry you guys couldn't get Geno.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
No Geno aside and the fact that Nintendo had already displayed a lot of titles so there were fewer surprises than usual, that E3 was ****ing terrific. We got some big name titles like Spyro, The Witcher 3, and Alien Isolation dropped on us I thought impossible, Dragon Quest in Smash was handled in the absolute best way possible (I was real worried it was just going to be Luminary for a second and I knew how bad that salt would be), Banjo ****ing Kazooie is going to be in Smash, Animal Crossing looks like such a dope sequel and despite the delay was everything I was hoping it would be, Luigi's Mansion 3 looks amazing, and finally, a proper Breath of the Wild sequel!

I know some people are down about Geno, but no sign of the Mii costume is probably for the best for now and Banjo Kazooie could potentially help us more going forward with just how much damn attention to detail they paid to Smash related stuff today. I mean, we got proper trailers when Sakurai seemed to be less keen on them in his book and both of the characters seem to have taken a lot of damn effort to realize in such ways. But there was still a lot to love at this year's Nintendo E3, so take some of that amazing stuff we got and hope for the best with Geno in the future.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I've never been so happy and so sad. a lot of folks in here gave up on Geno/shilled for Erdrick. I have nothing against DQ as a series. BUT DONT YOU ERDRICK FANS DARE COME ON HERE TO CELEBRATE. Stay on your damn board.

And for the rest of you who gave up on him when the DQ mill started turning, we dont need you passive cowards... I feel so defeated, and you all just sat by ....this is why we face decades of rejection...over and over.

Enjoy your mii costume, you sellouts.

But I'm happy about Banjo, my third most wanted... its gonna take a long time to heal and accept DQ...

I dont care how it sounds I am NOT happy for Erdrick bandwagoners.

I've gone through months of nail bitinganxiety and depression over this whole thing .... I almost want sue Square for mental distress The pain and sadness is way too much.

This meant so much to me... I'll never trust Sakurai or Nintendo again

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Can I be honest? There is no DQ fans harassing anyone here. Acting like that is an inevitability just makes us look like a bunch of jack*****. And believe it or not, some people are fans of both Geno and DQ.

Just be respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom