• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
This isn’t remotely true. The highest variant of Switch card is the 32 GB model, which costs a fortune to produce and drives the cost of the game up. The only game that uses one is Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 exclusively in Japan. The supposed 64 GB card has never been used and presumably costs even more (if it even properly exists tbh). Most Switch games are 16 GB or less because it’s cheaper to produce.

Blu-Ray Discs hold an average of 50 GB these days and are incredibly cheap to produce.
Yeah , that's what I thought. On paper , a Switch cartridge could hold the entirety of the trilogy... But the game would cost a ton of money.
Another alternative would be using 3 cartridges for the trilogy , but I think it would cost even more money to produce.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
read everything that i missed out on. what a read.

on the topic of animal crossing though (something i’m admittedly very passionate about) what do you guys think mallow and geno would be like as villagers? i see geno as a rabbit and mallow as a frog. i also assume that lazy personalities would fit both of them best because i can’t see them being cranky, smug or jock types.

Firox

Smash Master
Ok, please don't neuter me with a dull knife for asking this, but why do people hype so much about animal crossing? I was never able to really get into it because the graphics are typically N64 grade and the gameplay kinda strikes me as the usual mobile farming game that simply exists to burn your time. Are there any solid objectives? Combat of any kind? Puzzles? I'm just curious why people care so much. I can get Pokemon, and Mario, and Smash, and Zelda, and Metroid, and Mario Kart, and stuff like that, but what about Animal Crossing is so amazing?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok, please don't neuter me with a dull knife for asking this, but why do people hype so much about animal crossing? I was never able to really get into it because the graphics are typically N64 grade and the gameplay kinda strikes me as the usual mobile farming game that simply exists to burn your time. Are there any solid objectives? Combat of any kind? Puzzles? I'm just curious why people care so much. I can get Pokemon, and Mario, and Smash, and Zelda, and Metroid, and Mario Kart, and stuff like that, but what about Animal Crossing is so amazing?
Some people find it relaxing. The Gamecube version was great because you get a bunch of free NES games, with Punch-Out and Wario's Woods being my personal highlights.

Firox

Smash Master
Some people find it relaxing. The Gamecube version was great because you get a bunch of free NES games, with Punch-Out and Wario's Woods being my personal highlights.
Wuh?! Free games in it? That's pretty cool.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There is no combat and no puzzles. You do have a goal in paying back your debt, but it's mostly in the background. The appeal of Animal Crossing is in just relaxing, enjoying your routine, talking with your neighbors and doing errands. It works because every mechanic is extremely well crafted, the dialogues are well written and endearing and it's all very satisfying to play.
Today is officially my 17th birthday!
Happy birthday!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Holy moly, gurl, you tiny. Literally a decade younger than me, even! And they say 'zoomers' (I hate the incorrect usage of zoomer and boomer nowadays) don't genuinely care about Geno and SMRPG. Pssssh.

Happy birthday!!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I am kinda expecting Golden Sun 4, new F-Zero, New Advance Wars, Geno, Banjo, and heck maybe SMRPG II. Oh, and a M & L collection for switch with all of the games and the DX versions of SS and BIS, (hopefully with hard modes), and release dates for Animal Crossing, Luigi’s Mansion, and Bayonetta 3. And the reveal of Retro’s project as ........
Either a new Star Fox, a 3D Kirby game with an Amazing Mirror style, a new 3D DK game, Startropics 3 or maybe ..
Mysterious Murasame Castle 2! It could be awesome! And honestly that would be an awesome reveal,
Gonna be honest, we're going to get maybe 1 of those things + release dates

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
oh don’t worry! everyone has their right to their opinion about a game. there’s no combat or puzzles (unless you want to count the bugs that come at you like a bullet train sometimes. looking at you, random scorpions.) however there are other activities such as upgrading shops, decorating your town, getting to know the villagers (such as running errands for them and talking to them), the island stuff, completing the museum, customizing your character and house, the dream suite, and of course the infamous eternal debt to tom nook which you don’t really have to worry about much in actual gameplay.

a big part of the experience is also how time effects the surroundings. stores open and close at certain times and villagers also sleep and wake up at certain times. the music changes too. if you leave your town for a long period of time, there’s changes such as weeds growing and villagers might move out in your absence, it feels kind of like an immersive experience in a way. (changing the in game clock constantly also effects things.)

there’s also the villagers themselves, although they do fall under personality categories something always differentiates them from one another. each one has their own unique design, catchphrase, and they also all have birthdays that you can celebrate with them.

overall, it’s a laid back and relaxing game with no real end goal per say which is what makes it so different from other popular nintendo franchises. it has its own charm to it. of course, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea (it wasn’t mine at first either) so it’s understandable if it’s not your kind of thing.

happy birthday!!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
oh don’t worry! everyone has their right to their opinion about a game. there’s no combat or puzzles (unless you want to count the bugs that come at you like a bullet train sometimes. looking at you, random scorpions.) however there are other activities such as upgrading shops, decorating your town, getting to know the villagers (such as running errands for them and talking to them), the island stuff, completing the museum, customizing your character and house, the dream suite, and of course the infamous eternal debt to tom nook which you don’t really have to worry about much in actual gameplay.

a big part of the experience is also how time effects the surroundings. stores open and close at certain times and villagers also sleep and wake up at certain times. the music changes too. if you leave your town for a long period of time, there’s changes such as weeds growing and villagers might move out in your absence, it feels kind of like an immersive experience in a way. (changing the in game clock constantly also effects things.)

there’s also the villagers themselves, although they do fall under personality categories something always differentiates them from one another. each one has their own unique design, catchphrase, and they also all have birthdays that you can celebrate with them.

overall, it’s a laid back and relaxing game with no real end goal per say which is what makes it so different from other popular nintendo franchises. it has its own charm to it. of course, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea (it wasn’t mine at first either) so it’s understandable if it’s not your kind of thing.
I think this pretty much sums it up WAY better than I ever could. It's on-point. My experience with Animal Crossing is essentially this in a shell-nut. I love making custom stuff in the game, too, as it really lets my artistic side go ham. It's so much fun to nurture and tend to a town to make it all your own.

also hit villager fluff friend with net make me have laugh

D

Deleted member

Holy moly, gurl, you tiny. Literally a decade younger than me, even! And they say 'zoomers' (I hate the incorrect usage of zoomer and boomer nowadays) don't genuinely care about Geno and SMRPG. Pssssh.

Happy birthday!!
Yeah, I'm pretty young compared to everybody else here.

Thank for the birthday wish! And to everyone else who did the same too!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guess I need to clear things up since I haven't been on here in like a month and a half:

-Based on things discussed on Discord, there's a decent possibility that Brave may not be who people were expecting it to be. This is based on commentary from some of Polar's connections as well as rumors and strongly probable future announcements at E3 that have come from them.

-There's strong implications that the rumored E3 character will be paired with one or more announcements, some arguably bigger than the character announcement itself. This comes from connecting statements made by various sources, pushing it into the realm of being probable. For clarity's sake, this is possible for 2 or even 3 candidates and hasn't been totally narrowed down. I've noticed that people have been kind of going nuts with Banjo but, not to be a total killjoy, there's almost equal evidence for others too behind the scenes.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
I think this pretty much sums it up WAY better than I ever could. It's on-point. My experience with Animal Crossing is essentially this in a shell-nut. I love making custom stuff in the game, too, as it really lets my artistic side go ham. It's so much fun to nurture and tend to a town to make it all your own.

also hit villager fluff friend with net make me have laugh
(large plastic bonking noise)
also i knew i forgot something! custom designs are super fun to mess with. custom umbrellas were my personal favorite.

Sorry, boys and girls, but it looks like Sakurai has soft de-confirmed Goku and Iron man. I know how likely everyone thought they were, but alas....

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...n-man-will-ever-be-playable-super-smash-bros/
oh no..... whatever shall i do in these trying times...........

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Guess I need to clear things up since I haven't been on here in like a month and a half:

-Based on things discussed on Discord, there's a decent possibility that Brave may not be who people were expecting it to be. This is based on commentary from some of Polar's connections as well as rumors and strongly probable future announcements at E3 that have come from them.

-There's strong implications that the rumored E3 character will be paired with one or more announcements, some arguably bigger than the character announcement itself. This comes from connecting statements made by various sources, pushing it into the realm of being probable. For clarity's sake, this is possible for 2 or even 3 candidates and hasn't been totally narrowed down. I've noticed that people have been kind of going nuts with Banjo but, not to be a total killjoy, there's almost equal evidence for others too behind the scenes.
Huh. So by that first part do you mean “Brave” isn’t who every leaker, DQ fan, and their mom speculated about being connected to that name? Also is it seeming like Brave is the E3 character?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I appreciate how easy going Animal Crossing is. It's relatively stress free and you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can play for like 15 minutes or 3 hours and have a satisfying experience. It's almost meditative, in a weird way. For me, it's almost like the video game equivalent of gardening or cooking where you enjoy doing something at your own leisure and skill level.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Huh. So by that first part do you mean “Brave” isn’t who every leaker, DQ fan, and their mom speculated about being connected to that name? Also is it seeming like Brave is the E3 character?
The reason why Brave may not be Erdrick is because nothing new has come out since last year while new evidence has come up in recent months for others. Tansut's statement back in January saying he heard things in 2018 is basically the last major development so that trail has been largely cold for awhile now. This is why I've been saying that if Erdrick's in, he's probably going to be announced before or after E3.

Damn, double post... Man the firing squad, lads.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Yoo, did y'all see the new Smash 3.10 datamined features? I'm honestly really excited to put my Palutena amiibo in Arenas for people to fight. XD

This sounds so hype

Ayyy, and happy birthday!!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yoo, did y'all see the new Smash 3.10 datamined features? I'm honestly really excited to put my Palutena amiibo in Arenas for people to fight. XD

This sounds so hype

Ayyy, and happy birthday!!
Eh? What datamined features? Got a source on that? Wonder what else everyone might dig up. Maybe progress on the files for HRC?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The reason why Brave may not be Erdrick is because nothing new has come out since last year while new evidence has come up in recent months for others. Tansut's statement back in January saying he heard things in 2018 is basically the last major development so that trail has been largely cold for awhile now. This is why I've been saying that if Erdrick's in, he's probably going to be announced before or after E3.

Damn, double post... Man the firing squad, lads.
That makes a lot of sense to me because the major opportunity for him to be announced pre-E3 was DQ day and that came and went and the upcoming magazine announcement seems to be for the new DQ smartphone game.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Eh? What datamined features? Got a source on that? Wonder what else everyone might dig up. Maybe progress on the files for HRC?
Don't know. All I know is that it's adding VR support and some amiibo support so you can send them training online. GameXplain made a video on it.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don’t think the sending amiibos online into arenas meant other people face them, the way it sounded to me was it’s a new special arena mode where you send your amiibo to fight others amiibo online.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet

Apparently there is a 4chan leak that correctly predicted the release date of update 3.1.0, does it look like anything that could match up with anything you heard? Its in the Banjo thread.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I can't tell if you are an insider or just another theory crafter with all the back and forth you do. For every time I read your post and see something like 'I have heard some things' you follow up with a sentence that comes off as 'this makes me think that' and it doesn't feel consistent.

With all that you have been hearing, what characters/announcements have you heard floating around and more importantly has there been ANY indication that Geno has been heard or has at the latest been discussed behind closed doors or something to that regard? Is he relevant to the conversation to Smash DLC at the moment?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Apparently there is a 4chan leak that correctly predicted the release date of update 3.1.0, does it look like anything that could match up with anything you heard? Its in the Banjo thread.
Can you link it? The only one that I saw said Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving after Erdrick and Banjo, which I just see as someone trying to be safe. Also, I don't think Sal's back because the community was brutal to him and didn't let him live down Chrom for years. If anything, he doesn't owe the community any favors.

Firox

Smash Master
I don’t think the sending amiibos online into arenas meant other people face them, the way it sounded to me was it’s a new special arena mode where you send your amiibo to fight others amiibo online.
It kinda sounded like you could send your amiibos in against human players. Hope we can turn that off or it'll DESTROY the arenas. Amiibo fighters are absolute garbage to play. They're like lvl 9 CPUs on steroids, except even worse because they get unfair buffs to weight, damage and knockback. They read inputs and have absolutely unfair reflexes for using parries and such. They're only fun to play if you want an absurdly broken challenge without any real practice for learning how to fight practically.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
Can you link it? The only one that I saw said Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving after Erdrick and Banjo, which I just see as someone trying to be safe. Also, I don't think Sal's back because the community was brutal to him and didn't let him live down Chrom for years. If anything, he doesn't owe the community any favors.
Yeah that was the one I was talking about, makes sense that it could be someone being safe just was seeing if it lined up with anything you may have heard about.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't tell if you are an insider or just another theory crafter with all the back and forth you do. For every time I read your post and see something like 'I have heard some things' you follow up with a sentence that comes off as 'this makes me think that' and it doesn't feel consistent.

With all that you have been hearing, what characters/announcements have you heard floating around and more importantly has there been ANY indication that Geno has been heard or has at the latest been discussed behind closed doors or something to that regard? Is he relevant to the conversation to Smash DLC at the moment?
I've explained it before but it's been a long time: I'm not an insider, I merely sit at the table with Polar/Sabi and her most trusted source on Discord. There's like 5 other people here who I won't name who have been trusted to be part of this group. Basically I relay things that have been said but I'm deliberately vague and only talk about directly what I've been cleared to talk about for the sake of protecting Sabi and her growing list of credible sources. Basically I signed on to verify that she and her main source (whose real name I even know) were credible and relaying true information to the best of their knowledge. So far, there's been no major slip ups and both have been extremely reliable. That said, I do make theories and speculation based on what is shared in that group which is why I rarely speak in absolutes. TL;DR: I'm kind of a hype man for Sabi because most people were calling her a fraud early on and more and more had come out that she and her main source are anything but.

On the note of other characters, like I said, there's basically two front runners for E3, Erdrick's fate is super ambiguous, and nothing major has come out about literally any other character since like November. As for Geno, no, nothing new with the only thing being Sabi's main source's supervisor's statement last year.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I've explained it before but it's been a long time: I'm not an insider, I merely sit at the table with Polar/Sabi and her most trusted source on Discord. There's like 5 other people here who I won't name who have been trusted to be part of this group. Basically I relay things that have been said but I'm deliberately vague and only talk about directly what I've been cleared to talk about for the sake of protecting Sabi and her growing list of credible sources. Basically I signed on to verify that she and her main source (whose real name I even know) were credible and relaying true information to the best of their knowledge. So far, there's been no major slip ups and both have been extremely reliable. That said, I do make theories and speculation based on what is shared in that group which is why I rarely speak in absolutes. TL;DR: I'm kind of a hype man for Sabi because most people were calling her a fraud early on and more and more had come out that she and her main source are anything but.

On the note of other characters, like I said, there's basically two front runners for E3, Erdrick's fate is super ambiguous, and nothing major has come out about literally any other character since like November. As for Geno, no, nothing new with the only thing being Sabi's main source's supervisor's statement last year.
At this point Sabi has come out with so much legit information its really puzzling as how people could still try to call her a fraud. The biggest tell to me is that it's not just major huge things like first party Nintento announcements or Smash leaks that she operates with but also really tertiary things many people aren't actually that hype for like the power rangers fighting game. It to me shows that she's not doing it just for clout and attention, but just genuine sharing of information.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

What are your thoughts on Vergeben/Tansut saying it is 100% Erdrick? When you say there are two front runners, you are saying Erdrick/Banjo as well? Anyone else you could possibly see as a sleeper?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What are your thoughts on Vergeben/Tansut saying it is 100% Erdrick? When you say there are two front runners, you are saying Erdrick/Banjo as well? Anyone else you could possibly see as a sleeper?
Erdrick's situation is weird. All the major rumors that have come out with him since December have been torpedoed and most of his biggest advocates have retired or disgraced. Verge's track record has been super shaky since November and he's even talked about how a vast majority of the Smash information he got was in a big info dump that happened roughly a year ago now. That said, he would have known about Erdrick about a year in advance which skirts probability for a lot of reasons with a big one being Square is pretty aggressive about leaks and has even been known to sue. This along with how Square has skipped a ton of opportunities to reveal the character and revealing him at a conference that's extremely biased towards Western audiences doesn't make sense to me personally. TGS? Absolutely. E3? Setting it up to be overshadowed in a big way. Despite this, I don't know because Verge's Smash info was borderline perfect up until DLC so it's hard to say. I'm about 50/50 on whether Erdrick is coming or not but I still stand by him coming before or after E3 if he is.

When I say front-runners, I will say Banjo because a lot of the evidence has been made public but I won't say the other one. Some statements by King Zell make me strongly consider it only with collaborating evidence from others. Neither are 100% confirmed. Both would be a big deal but the other would arguably be a bigger deal though that's just my thoughts on it.

Sleepers? Lloyd and Yuri were mentioned by a few people in passing since last fall but nothing substantial. It's definitely believable but it's not like there's a ton of evidence aside from hear-say. Beyond that, no idea but I could see Sakurai doing someone really far out there just to shake things up. Like I said, info has long since dried up and Erdrick, Banjo, and ??? are largely still talked about because they were speculation of some of the more credible insiders.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Erdrick's situation is weird. All the major rumors that have come out with him since December have been torpedoed and most of his biggest advocates have retired or disgraced. Verge's track record has been super shaky since November and he's even talked about how a vast majority of the Smash information he got was in a big info dump that happened roughly a year ago now. That said, he would have known about Erdrick about a year in advance which skirts probability for a lot of reasons with a big one being Square is pretty aggressive about leaks and has even been known to sue. This along with how Square has skipped a ton of opportunities to reveal the character and revealing him at a conference that's extremely biased towards Western audiences doesn't make sense to me personally. TGS? Absolutely. E3? Setting it up to be overshadowed in a big way. Despite this, I don't know because Verge's Smash info was borderline perfect up until DLC so it's hard to say. I'm about 50/50 on whether Erdrick is coming or not but I still stand by him coming before or after E3 if he is.

When I say front-runners, I will say Banjo because a lot of the evidence has been made public but I won't say the other one. Some statements by King Zell make me strongly consider it only with collaborating evidence from others. Neither are 100% confirmed. Both would be a big deal but the other would arguably be a bigger deal though that's just my thoughts on it.

Sleepers? Lloyd and Yuri were mentioned by a few people in passing since last fall but nothing substantial. It's definitely believable but it's not like there's a ton of evidence aside from hear-say. Beyond that, no idea but I could see Sakurai doing someone really far out there just to shake things up. Like I said, info has long since dried up and Erdrick, Banjo, and ??? are largely still talked about because they were speculation of some of the more credible insiders.
In your opinion, what do you think is Nintendo/Square Enix's primary reason for not wanting Geno even though he has massive fan demand/strong ballot results?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I genuinely do not know who would be a bigger deal than Banjo at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom