• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I guess the "Trilogy", to be clear, are just ports for the EShop and since Prime 4 got delayed, the trilogy got delayed too..
What about a Pikmin Trilogy, Mother Trilogy and... Trilogy's Trilogy
Mother trilogy over here pls

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think he means the possibility of something SMRPG related happening that day, since that was the day it was released.

If there is something SMRPG related by then, it's coming pretty soon lol
It's also possible for another SMRPG anniversary tweet to happen.

D

Deleted member

I could imagine Nintendo making a deal with Square for a Mario collaboration featuring Geno in Record Keeper or Brave Exvius.
Regarding the anniversary of SMRPG, of course.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The big takeaways of yesterday:

1. Vergeben was wrong about a staggering amount of things, meaning most of his major statements have been wrong since the early fall.

2. Polar's source is still incredibly reliable. I can share this now but he knew about Mario Maker 2 about 2 weeks ago and seemed to be the only person who specifically knew that there not only would be a 2D Zelda but that it would be Link's Awakening. His track record is shockingly pristine.

3. King Zell was pretty much right about everything so it's a shame he's stepped down because of all the threats and harassment.
Just to kind of remind everyone, Polar's source was also the same person who heard some gossip about Geno being DLC from a reliable source around the office a few months ago. Each additional thing this source gets correct makes me more cautiously optimistic about Geno's chances here. I'm not by any means expecting him, but things are looking up for the first time in a while for me

D

Deleted member

Just to kind of remind everyone, Polar's source was also the same person who heard some gossip about Geno being DLC from a reliable source around the office a few months ago. Each additional thing this source gets correct makes me more cautiously optimistic about Geno's chances here. I'm not by any means expecting him, but things are looking up for the first time in a while for me
Verge was told Geno is leakbait too. This info (about Geno being leakbait) may actually be leakbait to screw with Verge, while Polar, the insider we know who has not predicted anything incorrectly and has legit ties to NoA, heard a rumor that Geno is coming.

This is gonna be one hell of a ride

Lightspeed97

Smash Cadet
The big takeaways of yesterday:

1. Vergeben was wrong about a staggering amount of things, meaning most of his major statements have been wrong since the early fall.

2. Polar's source is still incredibly reliable. I can share this now but he knew about Mario Maker 2 about 2 weeks ago and seemed to be the only person who specifically knew that there not only would be a 2D Zelda but that it would be Link's Awakening. His track record is shockingly pristine.

3. King Zell was pretty much right about everything so it's a shame he's stepped down because of all the threats and harassment.
Does Polar's source still think Geno is in?

D

Deleted member

Ok, I will take a risk and share two theories about what could happen in SMRPG’s anniversary:

>The first is that Nintendo could make a deal with Square to do a Mario collaboration for either Final Fantasy Record Keeper or Brave Exvius as a way to celebrate the anniversary. It could be possible mostly because of the better relationship between both parties since the Switch launched, which seems to get better.

>The second would apply only if Geno isn’t a new fighter in Smash (something that I don’t wish, being honest): Nintendo makes a tweet and announces at the same time that a Geno Mii costume for Ultimate has been released as DLC to celebrate it. As I said in the past, I would prefer a playable Geno over the costume... But I feel that it is possible that Square could use Geno for something in the future if they are happy and positive towards the sales and benefits given by the Mii costume. Mostly because they will see a new source of money to use.

I really don’t want to start something bad with my Mii costume theory since I would also love to see Geno, but for some reason that’s something that I could see happening for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Tbh I don't see the Mii costume returning. I think we either get playable Geno or nothing at all

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Tbh I don't see the Mii costume returning. I think we either get playable Geno or nothing at all
Or both, I think Geno would be the perfect "cherry on the cake" for a "3rd Party Mii Costume Pack".

Since there's no 3rd party costume at all, but it's confirmed that Nintendo will add'em at some point. I'd love to buy a Boshi, Jhonny, Mallow or Booster Mii Costumes :eyes:

D

Deleted member

Or both, I think Geno would be the perfect "cherry on the cake" for a "3rd Party Mii Costume Pack".

Since there's no 3rd party costume at all, but it's confirmed that Nintendo will add'em at some point. I'd love to buy a Boshi, Jhonny, Mallow or Booster Mii Costumes :eyes:
I could see both returning too.

Imagine if there is a separate echo pass with Boshi in it, Mallow as a Piranha Plant character, and Geno as one of the 5 in wave 1.

An SMRPG fan's wet dream

(Unlikely though lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I could see both returning too.

Imagine if there is a separate echo pass with Boshi in it, Mallow as a Piranha Plant character, and Geno as one of the 5 in wave 1.

An SMRPG fan's wet dream
I don't see Mallow being a PP echoe but, I'd be okay if they're delaying the announcement to make Geno and Mallow misc DLC :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I don't see Mallow being a PP echoe but, I'd be okay if they're delaying the announcement to make Geno and Mallow misc DLC :4pacman:
Oh no, I mean Mallow as individual DLC, like how PP was.

Or was this a joke and I missed it?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Oh no, I mean Mallow as individual DLC, like how PP was.

Or was this a joke and I missed it?
Nah, I was the joke all along.

Every SMRPG fan has his own wet dream, for me, Is Jonathan "Jhonny" Jones. (Also Boshi for obvious reason)
Although, Now that I think about it, Geno is indeed, a very likely wet dream

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, I was the joke all along.

Every SMRPG fan has his own wet dream, for me, Is Jonathan "Jhonny" Jones. (Also Boshi for obvious reason)
Although, Now that I think about it, Geno is indeed, a very likely wet dream
Lol Johnny would be so cool in Smash :laugh:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
While I personally don't care about Vergeben (info or not, he's just some guy on the internet), it's interesting how he obviously had correct sources for Ultimate's base roster and Soul Caliber, and yet ruined a good chunk of his cred in one night with this direct.

Did he piss his source off, or something?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
While I don't personally care about Vergeben (info or not, he's just some guy on the internet), it's interesting how he obviously had correct sources for Ultimate's base roster and Soul Caliber, and yet ruined a good chunk of his cred in one night with this direct.

Did he piss his source off, or something?
He has been pissing a lot of people off so it's not surprising if he did make his source mad.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Been rooting for Geno to appear in Smash for a decade now. Whatever outcome we have--DLC, mii costume, music, etc.--our community is stronger and more tenacious than for any other character I've seen supported. Don't forget there are far more of us Geno supporters than simply those in the forum :)

Regardless of the lack of concrete Smash news from yesterday's direct, I'm very happy with the upcoming games. It's worth noting, for better or worse, that with the slew of titles approaching and the two year window we have for DLC, we may have low-key seen one of the upcoming additions (not just DQ (never forget Corrin)), and that really goes for every direct here forward.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
People are really bending over backwards to defend Verge.... I think his cult is crumbling lmao.
Mostly because people are jumping to BTFO him when his track record has never been spotless. The man has made lots of mistakes before, and will again. That doesn’t discredit him for being completely right for the base game and doesn’t mean he becomes useless as a source.

Yes, his credibility took a big hit between yesterday and the Minecraft content claim, he’s in a worse place than he was. Doesn’t mean there isn’t reliable information he has somewhere. I’d like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that Mario and Rabbids was known about for ages before it was finally revealed at E3 in 2017. There is a real possibility that some info could be real and the timing of the reveal was not. Something not showing up in the Direct doesn’t mean it was guaranteed leak bait.

Verge took a hit in credibility, no denying that. But people have been so desperate to throw him out ever since he first came around (myself included circa September) that of course people are jumping way too far to the “he’s done” narrative.

All he has to do is be right again for things to turn the other way. He’s had correct sources before, so it’s worth continuing to pay attention to him even if he was hard wrong this time around. His Smash track record in particular is nice, though also shakier as of recent, so he’s not going away despite some people’s best attempts.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Mostly because people are jumping to BTFO him when his track record has never been spotless. The man has made lots of mistakes before, and will again. That doesn’t discredit him for being completely right for the base game and doesn’t mean he becomes useless as a source.

Yes, his credibility took a big hit between yesterday and the Minecraft content claim, he’s in a worse place than he was. Doesn’t mean there isn’t reliable information he has somewhere. I’d like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that Mario and Rabbids was known about for ages before it was finally revealed at E3 in 2017. There is a real possibility that some info could be real and the timing of the reveal was not. Something not showing up in the Direct doesn’t mean it was guaranteed leak bait.

Verge took a hit in credibility, no denying that. But people have been so desperate to throw him out ever since he first came around (myself included circa September) that of course people are jumping way too far to the “he’s done” narrative.

All he has to do is be right again for things to turn the other way. He’s had correct sources before, so it’s worth continuing to pay attention to him even if he was hard wrong this time around. His Smash track record in particular is nice, though also shakier as of recent, so he’s not going away despite some people’s best attempts.
He's been wrong about too many things. Three strikes and you're out, in my opinion.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone remember who other than Vergeben was saying Erdrick was in?

He's been wrong about too many things. Three strikes and you're out, in my opinion.
The way I see it a leaker who's wrong as often as they are right is just an ordinary speculator. You need to have reason to be believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom