• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I am with you, my man. Glad I'm not the only one who's found today's arguments cyclical and uninteresting. If we're going to have debates, I prefer the ones where we outwardly show respect for one another, and respond to points with new info and outlooks.

Today seems to be...lacking that, somehow.
I completely agree. Likewise, I'm also glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way, as well. Haha.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
They could just make the star possess another Geno doll that belongs to someone else. Or a mannequin, or a robot or something. It doesn't have to be specifically THAT doll Gaz owns.

Hell, they could have some level in an RPG that takes place in a toy store where Mario and Luigi or the KH crew or whomever are fighting some obnoxious boss battle, and then the star possesses a Geno doll in one of the aisles and intervenes in epic fashion. I would pay money to see that happen.
i think seeing geno in kingdom hearts would give me a weird emotion because geno is my favorite character but kingdom hearts is my least favorite series

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
They could just make the star possess another Geno doll that belongs to someone else. Or a mannequin, or a robot or something. It doesn't have to be specifically THAT doll Gaz owns.

Hell, they could have some level in an RPG that takes place in a toy store where Mario and Luigi or the KH crew or whomever are fighting some obnoxious boss battle, and then the star possesses a Geno doll in one of the aisles and intervenes in epic fashion. I would pay money to see that happen.
Oh , I'm not gonna argue with that ! The Geno's star as a concept open a lot of possibilities , both Story-wise and gameplay wise.

I just think that a lot of people are really attached to see the star possessing the Geno doll from Gaz. Seeing the star possess even another Geno doll may look off for some people.
But as long as he keep his personnality , I would like to see experimentation with the little star.

Paul Cesar

Smash Rookie
Alright guys. If Geno doesn't get in as DLC i'm just gonna quit my job and offer to work for free as an intern at NoA. Slowly work my way up the ranks as much as I can. Enough to be able to be in top meetings with NoJ about upcoming games and when the next Smash starts to be discussed I'll request a meeting with Sakurai and the president of Square-Enix to pitch why it's beneficial and profitable to include Geno in the game. Luckily I'll have a high enough position by then that it shouldn't be a problem. That's all I can do. It's a long con and its gonna take years but I need to take matters into my own hands at this point.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Alright guys. If Geno doesn't get in as DLC i'm just gonna quit my job and offer to work for free as an intern at NoA. Slowly work my way up the ranks as much as I can. Enough to be able to be in top meetings with NoJ about upcoming games and when the next Smash starts to be discussed I'll request a meeting with Sakurai and the president of Square-Enix to pitch why it's beneficial and profitable to include Geno in the game. Luckily I'll have a high enough position by then that it shouldn't be a problem. That's all I can do. It's a long con and its gonna take years but I need to take matters into my own hands at this point.
Twist: anyone who would be able to do the character justice out of the love for him in their soul will be long dead.

beans

Smash Lord
Dude, it'd be totally rad to see Frog or Magus instead Crono (but that is sadly impossible) if the SE rep isn't Geno. I have played a bit of Chrono Trigger, still need to continue (iirc i'm still in the future).
Reminds me of one detail in the Chrono Trigger
remakes.
In the opening cutscene we see a picture of the entire party
cept you know who
They care about the spoilers but makes it look like Crono isnt friends with "who"

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be against Crono inclusion. He look like a unique character , and as long as there is at least a Chrono Trigger port for the Switch (There's now way I'm spending 60 dollars on the DS version. I wish I was American sometimes , not french.) I would be okay with it.
It would just be a bit annoying to see him get in before Geno without a game.

They are both characters from the SNES era that SE almost don't care much about , while having games that are great classics.
Just , Crono is way harder to get than Geno , and he isn't as requested now.

But yeah , I can understand if you feel sad when someone say "I Hope It's not X character" , since I spoke with friends that told this for my most wanted characters(Geno and Rayman), and even if it can look ridiculous , it hurt sometimes.
Definitely see where you're coming from with wanting another Chrono game before he gets into Smash. It's actually kind of crazy to think that Geno, a supporting character from the game he was in, has gotten more recognition lately than Chrono. Like at least Geno got the Mii costume from Smash 4 (which was a pretty big deal in terms of character recognition), and the Spirit in Ultimate, and SMRPG was on the Super Nintendo Classic while Chrono Trigger wasn't. By comparison, Square doesn't acknowledge the Chrono series much aside from the occasional "hey, 'member Chrono Trigger?". I think this is a big reason why Geno is my frontrunner for a SE character over Crono, despite my more personal attachment to Chrono Trigger. At least Geno defies the odds and continuously comes back in some way. I never really saw Chrono Trigger mentioned in the context of Smash Bros until recent weeks, though. Chrono Trigger fans seem to have resigned themselves to the fact that Square Enix will never bring that series back, but Geno fans never give up.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The problem is not that people have been ignoring stuff, it's that a VERY good chunk of this chunk is assumption, so people counter it with their own assumption that ALSO make sense. It's basically a battle of baseless stories and who can chunk the better storyline.

That's the problem with all of those ****ing characters, THEY ALL makes sense, and THEY ALL have a good chance to gets in.
Sorry, man, but that's just not accurate. Bringing up legitimate objective data like polls and Youtube views as evidence that more people who are actually interested in Smash are in favor of Geno to counter the idea that Seph would automatically be a more popular choice for Smash... just because he is more widely known? is not a baseless story. It's using actual data to counter basless stories. That's the difference.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I do miss the more SMPRG/Geno-centric conversations that were floating about some millennia ago. Also I wouldn't mind hearing any classic Smash stories or childhood memories involving such things.

To answer PhilosophicAnimal's question, I'm mostly committed to Geno Flash being his final smash (that's the one with the big sun-looking explosion, right?) Otherwise I'm not totally closed out to any other ideas. My main goal at this time is to be supportive of Geno, and I'm open to Sakurai's take on the character however he pleases.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Dude, it'd be totally rad to see Frog or Magus instead Crono (but that is sadly impossible) if the SE rep isn't Geno. I have played a bit of Chrono Trigger, still need to continue (iirc i'm still in the future).
So... You just started the game then?

domriver

Smash Lord
I do miss the more SMPRG/Geno-centric conversations that were floating about some millennia ago. Also I wouldn't mind hearing any classic Smash stories or childhood memories involving such things.

To answer PhilosophicAnimal's question, I'm mostly committed to Geno Flash being his final smash (that's the one with the big sun-looking explosion, right?) Otherwise I'm not totally closed out to any other ideas. My main goal at this time is to be supportive of Geno, and I'm open to Sakurai's take on the character however he pleases.
That always seemed to be the best choice for Geno's Final Smash his Geno Flash ( the sun-looking one) I was thinking Geno Blast but thats to similar to Lucas/Ness' Final Smash. I remember reading also Geno's Final Smash can probably be Mallow coming out to assist with this Snowy or Star or Thunder Bolt attacks. That'd be cool!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
youre the hero smashboards needs

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Geno’s hoping he gets the gift of a lifetime this Christmas being getting into Smash Ultimate as a DLC fighter. Here's to wishing y'all! Happy I finally have some new Geno art for y'all to enjoy this holiday season! :)
Screenshot_2018-12-05-16-02-06_kindlephoto-7076672.png

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

I would definitely prefer geno flash as his FS, but I could see an argument for how geno whirl would work as well, where you make blast his side B, flash his Up B, and boost his down B.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Just catch up from work and about that French video of the Electronic Poster...

If the box theory has taught me something, is that the advertising team care so much about symmetry. We dissected that image and came to the conclusion that we had two other characters left after adding Isabelle to the image.

Now I could see this not being an issue, but the fact that Piranha Plant was on the poster as well is incredibly telling I feel.

PP is not even playable, so why are they being advertised? Maybe I am overthinking a bit, but I will keep this in mind til VGA is done.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just catch up from work and about that French video of the Electronic Poster...

If the box theory has taught me something, is that the advertising team care so much about symmetry. We dissected that image and came to the conclusion that we had two other characters left after adding Isabelle to the image.

Now I could see this not being an issue, but the fact that Piranha Plant was on the poster as well is incredibly telling I feel.

PP is not even playable, so why are they being advertised? Maybe I am overthinking a bit, but I will keep this in mind til VGA is done.
The what video of the what

Paul Cesar

Smash Rookie
Side note: Being a Geno fan is tough because of the position the character has been stuck in. He's a Mario character owned by SE so Nintendo can't use him without SE's permission and SE can't use him if it's not a Nintendo/Mario related game. Meaning no chance to ever see him again unless Super Mario RPG is remade/gets a sequel or you know, Smash. Which is why we all realized since third parties became a thing in Brawl, that this would be the only chance we'll probably ever have. Kinda sucks when you think about it. Too bad he had to be such a goddamn good, funny, and memorable character.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Side note: Being a Geno fan is tough because of the position the character has been stuck in. He's a Mario character owned by SE so Nintendo can't use him without SE's permission and SE can't use him if it's not a Nintendo/Mario related game. Meaning no chance to ever see him again unless Super Mario RPG is remade/gets a sequel or you know, Smash. Which is why we all realized since third parties became a thing in Brawl, that this would be the only chance we'll probably ever have. Kinda sucks when you think about it. Too bad he had to be such a goddamn good, funny, and memorable character.
We often forget how funny Geno is.

Geno's a badass.
An incredibly dorky one.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sorry, man, but that's just not accurate. Bringing up legitimate objective data like polls and Youtube views as evidence that more people who are actually interested in Smash are in favor of Geno to counter the idea that Seph would automatically be a more popular choice for Smash,,, just because he is more widely known? is not a baseless story. It's using actual data to counter basless stories. That's the difference.
Fan polls only take a small % of data from ALL of the persons who voted in the ballot.
Youtube view? REALLY? Do you think Nintendo will show Square-Enix "Yo man, they watched "IS GENO IN SMASH??" by XXXXXX 1m times!"
Once again. People are interested in smash, but there also people who will buy characters no matter who, or characters only if they know them, or characters BECAUSE people want them.
DLC have to try and gather those three element together.

Geno have a very good chance thanks to his Smash cult and following. He probably ranked very well in the ballot. And is a fan favorite.
But Business decision doesn't stop at that.
ALL CHARACTERS HERE ARE ALSO EXCELLENT BUSINESS DECISION IN THEIR OWN RIGHTS

The fact isn't that those polls are useless, they are. But when Geno will have to FOR EXEMPLE face Sephiroth on the discussion table at Daddy Square-Enix. It will depends on what Square-Enix see. What THEY want. Or DON'T Want.

In the end, everything, all data, of so called characters fames are useless when in the end, it's like 3/4 people in a suit deciding the fates of the characters you love and they might have another point of view than you

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I want to apologize if I upset or offended anybody with my posts here. I didn't mean anything negative or disrespectful. I initially only came here to try and find out who the SE character might be, and didn't mean for things to get out of hand like they did. I'll try to be more considerate to the Geno fans in the future.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
We are the many. The proud. The strong. We don't take no sissies or crybabies in this cult. Now drop and give me 50, soldier!

Paul Cesar

Smash Rookie
We often forget how funny Geno is.

Geno's a badass.
An incredibly dorky one.
Honestly. The thing I always remember the most about him is how funny and goofy he was. He was the only party member who had a laughing sprite animation and he would turn to face the camera and laugh constantly. I always thought his iconic laughter would be a good taunt or even victory pose. That and his nod after winning a battle.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I just want to know the mechanics of how he turns into a cannon. On a scale from 1 to all of them, how many banks would you rob to have enough money for all the Geno Amiibo you'd want if it had the ability to transform?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Alright, now I feel like our next DLC fighter is sooner then we'd think possibly. Maybe at the VGAs..??? Ehhh, I'm still incredibly iffy on that, but we'll see.

already did. I'm pretty sure I saw someone using a version of it as their avatar, which is always gratifying, though I consider this the definitive version of it.
Yooo, that looks sick!! :O You've definitely got talent!

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Yo, if SE trusted Sakurai about Cloud instead of other "more relevant" character, why wouldn't they trust Sakurai on picking Geno this time
Just a thought, I don't see SE being so "NO, I WANT THIS."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom