• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Oh dang...

Honestly, if it is Lloyd, I would be ecstatic. Wanted him since I first noted how much Tales' combat system felt like Smash, but honestly slept on him for a long while after. It wasn't until the Mii costume that I thought he had any chance at all.

The pieces seem to fit. It's also worth noting that I am in the boomer age range.

GUYS it's obviously L-Geno.
L'Geno? Is that like, French Geno?

Ok, somebody please make a meme of that, lol.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's old school Lara Croft. Boomers prefer that design but Zoomers don't

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I really like Tales of Symphonia. Just putting that out there for no reason in particular.
Well I completely retract what I said then. Huh. Well this may be tinfoil-y and I know it's already been said that it's down to 2 characters and who it is isn't known to practically anyone but I wonder with Lloyd being more or less an animu swordsman if that'd make lean more towards a character like Geno that isn't an animu swordsman. Or maybe the other DLC characters have no bearing on other DLC characters. Who knows.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Character whose name starts with "L", huh? Sure, I'll play.

Hmm. Lickitung? Nah.

...Lakitu? Spirit, chances are slim.

People are saying Leon; do you all mean the one from Star Fox? or the one from F-Zero?

Lip?! Mii costume, damn I almost got excited for that one.

Only one left that comes to mind is...

...no...

Oh God, NO

400.jpg

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I highly doubt it’s either Leon or Lara.

Lara’s main popularity comes from the West. Given Square’s DLC picks of choosing globally popular characters it seems very unlikely.

Leon would give capcom 3 reps, which I do not see happening. Also it would make more sense to add Jill or Chris if they are going to add a Resident evil pick. Leon wasn’t even chosen in MVC series, but Jill and Chris were. It seems unlikely that Capcom would choose Leon as their 3rd Rep.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>And that mysterious "Boomer" DLC choice

I'm thinking if it might be a Tales of Character. I remember that LLyod had a bit of demands post melee, and for Brawl, that died out recently. And I can see "Zoomer" getting mad at him because MUH ANIMU SWORDMAN.
Called it out. Where is my chocolate medal?

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute....you remember the secret message from SM64?
"L is real 2401"
And our character starts with a L.....IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Hey, we passed the Brawl thread! I've just been skimming through the last 10 pages cause I don't have time to read everything! But can somebody please tell me why the last two pages everyone is guessing DLC characters that have a name that start with L?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Sorry I'm late. Looks like I missed us beating the old Brawl thread with reaching 442 pages. But good job, everyone, we did it!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, it's Isaac

The "I" has actually been a lowercase L this whole time

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Nah, Pre-brawl, both Llyod and Crono had a "big" fanbase that completely went into scramble after the game release.
Sure, he still have a support, but compared to brawl? It's nothing.
I guess I don't remember that at all. I remember Pit, Megaman, and Sonic from that era but not those two. If that's true then I guess he counts as a boomer pick?

I don't get it, I was like 17 when Tales of Symphonia came out

I'd hardly consider that Boomer territory
See, that's what I'm saying.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm pretty sure the "Boomer vs Zoomer" hint was about people being in the Smash speculation periods of support, not about the game being released-

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I'm pretty sure the "Boomer vs Zoomer" hint was about people being in the Smash speculation periods of support, not about the game being released-
Agree and if we are strictly talking about the Tales series.

Lloyd (Boomer)

Yuri (Zoomer)

I think more Zoomers are fans of Yuri over Lloyd.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'mma actually elaborate on my Lanky Kong guess. I was spitballin' earlier, but... now that I think about it;

Lanky Kong:

1. Begins with L

2. Given that Donkey Kong 64 (and actually Donkey Kong itself when you REALLY think about it, especially in DKC form) wasn't QUITE as huge of a thing for the new kids as it was for millenials, it would stand to reason that a lot of kids might not know who Lanky is. Lanky has been absent longer than K. Rool has, to put it another way.

3. I wouldn't be surprised if new kids DID get upset at Lanky... who is basically (to them) an ARMS character that isn't an ARMS character... "Why did Spring Man have to be an Assist Trophy so that this goofy looking character could be added! Why didn't they just add Lola Pop if they wanted a stretchy armed fighter? Who even IS Lanky?"

4. I do remember people wanting Lanky Kong in Smash a long while ago, but people have long since moved on, and certainly didn't want him over K. Rool, so that fits too.

Still kinda spitballin' but more in depth.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'mma actually elaborate on my Lanky Kong guess. I was spitballin' earlier, but... now that I think about it;

Lanky Kong:

1. Begins with L

2. Given that Donkey Kong 64 (and actually Donkey Kong itself when you REALLY think about it, especially in DKC form) wasn't QUITE as huge of a thing for the new kids as it was for millenials, it would stand to reason that a lot of kids might not know who Lanky is. Lanky has been absent longer than K. Rool has, to put it another way.

3. I wouldn't be surprised if new kids DID get upset at Lanky... who is basically (to them) an ARMS character that isn't an ARMS character... "Why did Spring Man have to be an Assist Trophy so that this goofy looking character could be added! Why didn't they just add Lola Pop if they wanted a stretchy armed fighter? Who even IS Lanky?"

4. I do remember people wanting Lanky Kong in Smash a long while ago, but people have long since moved on, and certainly didn't want him over K. Rool, so that fits too.

Still kinda spitballin' but more in depth.
If Lanky got in over Dixie that would sure be.... somthing alright.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
"Is it Lloyd?"

Polarpanda: "Hmmm"

Ten seconds later

Polarpanda: "You know, I really like Tales of Symphonia"

Everyone: "It's either Lanky Kong, Lara Croft, or Leon Kennedy."

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
"Is it Lloyd?"

Ten seconds later

Everyone: "It's either lanky Kong, Lara Croft, or Leon Kennedy."
It seems people are assuming Polar's love of ToS is why he said "hmm," not that he was implying it was Lloyd.

It seems more ambiguous than that to me. I think it could still be him, and that's my guess.

TBone06

Smash Ace
So ideal roster:
Geno
Banjo
Lloyd
Porky
Bandanna Dee/ Dixie Kong.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat
Best timeline.

If either Geno or Banjo are in, I'd buy it out of sheer loyalty. Porky would be pretty cool, although I only played Earthbound, never the other two.

I feel Dixie and Bandana Dee are both over due. I'd take Dixie personally as I was more into DKC than the Kirby series.

I never played Tales of Symphonia, but if Lloyd made it in, I'd give it a go for sure.

That would be too perfect.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
"Is it Lloyd?"

Ten seconds later

Smash speculation summed up in a single post

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
"Is it Lloyd?"

Ten seconds later

I mean, Rummy just confirmed it was Lloyd as well. Though that's in the DLC speculation thread, after all. But yeah, Lloyd's name has gone around. But it's a bit iffy since it's not from a verified source. It's a big maybe. I won't say who, but a friend of mine has heard him a few times as well. Additionally, Hitagi publically said they heard of Tales of in Smash too, but they couldn't verify the information either.

Yea you got it m-

"This member limits who may view their full profile."
Ik my profile is private, but the stuff Sigran was referencing WERE messages I just posted like 10 minutes ago in this exact thread, if I'm remembering correctly.

domriver

Smash Lord
Old Smash fans
Fallen off Radar
Starts with L.

Lloyd didn't fall off radar was he not mentioned back during that time?

Leon S. Kennedy
Lumine from Megaman X9? i think
Lara Croft ( but this is SE character so doesn't count)
Likitung ( i wouldnt mind)

All these characters here start with L

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Timeline of Light
Geno
Banjo
Lloyd
Porky
Bandanna Dee / Dixie Kong

Timeline of Darkness
Sephiroth
Steve
Heihachi
Edelgard
Nabbit

Timeline of Chaos
Slime
Creeper
Boom Boom
Lord Hyness
...and Goku :scared:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Old Smash fans
Fallen off Radar
Starts with L.

Lloyd didn't fall off radar was he not mentioned back during that time?

Leon S. Kennedy
Lumine from Megaman X9? i think
Lara Croft ( but this is SE character so doesn't count)
Likitung ( i wouldnt mind)

All these characters here start with L
It's totally that Angaran. Did anyone seriously think Commander Shepard would be our Mass Effect rep?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ik my profile is private, but the stuff Sigran was referencing WERE messages I just posted like 10 minutes ago in this exact thread, if I'm remembering correctly.
Truly honestly wasn't sure whether to take those seriously or not (not trying to be a smart aleck, just saying my thoughts)

So... Lloyd with a capital MAYBE?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I mean, Rummy just confirmed it was Lloyd as well. Though that's in the DLC speculation thread, after all. But yeah, Lloyd's name has gone around. But it's a bit iffy since it's not from a verified source. It's a big maybe. I won't say who, but a friend of mine has heard him a few times as well. Additionally, Hitagi publically said they heard of Tales of in Smash too, but they couldn't verify the information either.

That's awesome! Tales is due to be in Smash, imo. Namco deserves another rep, and honestly, Tales is their next biggest IP to Pac and arcade stuff. Yeah, Tekken, but somehow that seems less likely to me.

I want this to be real!

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Truly honestly wasn't sure whether to take those seriously or not (not trying to be a smart aleck, just saying my thoughts)

So... Lloyd with a capital MAYBE?
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it at all since it's not truly verified information at all. but I figure it's safe to, considering Hitagi also admitted to hearing Lloyd a few days ago (well, hitagi didn't mention lloyd by name, rather just the franchise. But still).

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
It's obviously Lana from Hyrule Warriors , sorry Linkle , the superior waifu won. Don't take it seriously please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom