• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Personally, I think it could be Klonoa. It all lines up, older character, people basically gave up on him and barely gets support by Ultimate, and recent fans wouldn't care much for him.
God, if Klonoa is the mystery character Fatman is talking about this would be the best timeline for me
i was just about to post something similar, did you read my mind somehow?

beans

Smash Lord
Pretty sure the SPECIAL is refering to the reggie hint with Doritos pope about doing something "SPECIAL" during the game award.

edit:

that too.
They will reveal that Ultimate and Special are actually 2 different versions with exclusive DLC fighters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They will reveal that Ultimate and Special are actually 2 different versions with exclusive DLC fighters.
Nice joke, Sakurai doesn't like having version exclusive characters. That's why he had to cut the Icies in 4 after the 3DS couldn't get em to work..

It's a slim possibility given the circumstances but still manages to beat out Square flipping the table, screaming expletives, and starting over based on what is known. Welcome to Speculation Hell!
"Why not both?" is the best kind of compromise.

God, if Klonoa is the mystery character Fatman is talking about this would be the best timeline for me
i was just about to post something similar, did you read my mind somehow?
Nah man, just using some educated guessing. Great minds thinking alike, I'd say.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
For those wondering about the "worlds will change" from PeekyBird
1111.jpg

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if like they announced all 5 in one big cinematic trailer but gameplay was revealed later.

That actually might be worse. ''OH NO BLANK IS IN AND I'M SO EXCITED. THEIR MOVESET BETTER BE INCREDIBLE." and you wait for like 5 months to figure it out because they're on the back end of DLC.

beans

Smash Lord
Nice joke, Sakurai doesn't like having version exclusive characters. That's why he had to cut the Icies in 4 after the 3DS couldn't get em to work..

"Why not both?" is the best kind of compromise.

Nah man, just using some educated guessing. Great minds thinking alike, I'd say.
I doubt SE would like to do double work for two characters.
Tough the image of having two picks and getting the order of "do both" and the paperwork guys going ballistic is funny.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Imagine if like they announced all 5 in one big cinematic trailer but gameplay was revealed later.

That actually might be worse. ''OH NO BLANK IS IN AND I'M SO EXCITED. THEIR MOVESET BETTER BE INCREDIBLE." and you wait for like 5 months to figure it out because they're on the back end of DLC.
I would actually really like this. Imagine all of the different character interaction!

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I was trying to think of an old iconic game series that Boomers would like and Mortal Kombat popped in my head. Did Scorpion or Sub-Zero have any following back in the day? I didn't follow Smash speculation until Wii U so I wouldn't know.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I doubt SE would like to do double work for two characters.
Tough the image of having two picks and getting the order of "do both" and the paperwork guys going ballistic is funny.
I mean, given that Sakurai shocked everyone in his planning room when he revealed his intent on bringing back everyone...

For those wondering about the "worlds will change" from PeekyBird
These guys are playing 4D chess right now, aren't they.

I'd actually love that. Too much budget for 5 trailers? Screw it, just put everyone in the same one.

I wish I had a Patrick meme for this statement.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

The best thing imo. Then all this talk of speculation and bouncing between insiders can be put to rest. THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

So you mean like Capcom and SFV? :dazwa:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I was trying to think of an old iconic game series that Boomers would like and Mortal Kombat popped in my head. Did Scorpion or Sub-Zero have any following back in the day? I didn't follow Smash speculation until Wii U so I wouldn't know.
They've never had serious support as far as I can recall, mostly because people think they come from games that are too violent and thus ill fitting for Smash.

That and Mortal Kombat is sort of literal ''bleh" to the Japanese nation.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
the "people forgot how much they wanted it" really makes me think master chief lol.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Personally, I think it could be Klonoa. It all lines up, older character, people basically gave up on him and barely gets support by Ultimate, and recent fans wouldn't care much for him.
I loveeeeed Klonoa 2 and Wii , and I love playing as him in Crusade. If him making in info Smash mean finally a new Klonoa game , sign me up lol

But honestly , I think that we're probably going to get something related to Smash at the VGA.
The game went gold mid november , they could have choosed 1st december , 10th december , nope , one day after the game awards. (granted , the 7th of December is a saturday , but I still think that's an odd timing to release the game.)

paper roxy

Smash Ace
To be fair a Nintendo employee saying that their product is going to be awesome and fans will want to buy it is a bit biased. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, though.
if they get that excited over it, its gonna look bad on them if it ends up bad. especially with the wording used

D

Deleted member

if they get that excited over it, its gonna look bad on them if it ends up bad. especially with the wording used
This is what it's going to be: Goku, Crono, Erdrick, Luminary, and Steve

And wave 2: Slime, 2 Fire Emblem characters, and 2 more Pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
This is what it's going to be: Goku, Crono, Erdrick, Luminary, and Steve

And wave 2: Slime, 2 Fire Emblem characters, and 2 more Pokemon
exactly; if that was the case they might as well have not said anything about the dlc at all because there wouldnt be any statements to backfire on them

SpeedBirds

Smash Rookie
I loveeeeed Klonoa 2 and Wii , and I love playing as him in Crusade. If him making in info Smash mean finally a new Klonoa game , sign me up lol

But honestly , I think that we're probably going to get something related to Smash at the VGA.
The game went gold mid november , they could have choosed 1st december , 10th december , nope , one day after the game awards. (granted , the 7th of December is a saturday , but I still think that's an odd timing to release the game.)
The 7th of December is actually a Friday my dude:drwtf:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Aw man, I missed the big Brawl thread passing moment! Belated congrats to you all! This will easily hit 500 pages before release.

Also, so Fatman's hints are for a character...oh boy. My vote is for Lloyd or Tails--as an apparent "boomer," I know those would be cool for us.

Also, this. I would love Klonoa! A total sleeper Namco pick.

well we know now that the people in nintendo tree house are saying that the dlc is a must have. hopefully geno is one of the dlc characters. https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-s...-will-be-surprising-and-a-must-have-for-fans/
Well, this pretty much proves to me that some people at least in NOA know who at least some of the DLC characters are. His wording seems to suggest it heavily. My guess is this is how Polar and Fatman know. Even crazier is that it appears they might know most of the DLC already. But how could that be, unless...

The whole fighter pack will be revealed at the VGAs...???

Edit: hold on. Hold up...I just thought of something bananas. If the characters are all going to be ones we'll love, and one will bring people back...and boomers will love it, zoomers might complain, and no one is asking for them now...

Holy crap. Is it Isaac?

Maybe Nintendo listened, and that's the big news? Could it be that characters already IN as assists will now have a shot?

Now THAT would be earth-shattering.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
''OH NO BLANK IS IN AND I'M SO EXCITED. THEIR MOVESET BETTER BE INCREDIBLE."
BlankRender.png

You're really worried Blank's moveset WON'T be incredible? LOL JK

Something the new kids wouldn't get, huh? Hmmm... if Interplay hadn't put all their IPs up for sale, I'd immediately jump towards Earthworm Jim or Bad Mr. Frosty or Boogerman or something like that. Many of the Nintendo characters have maintained some kind of presence across generations so... I'd immediately imagine something that was popular back then, kinda died but is still beloved by people who were around for it, wanted for Smash but then it didn't happen so people just kinda gave up. Struggling to think who it could possibly be.

SpeedBirds

Smash Rookie

No joke, if they pull something like this I think I will have the biggest boner of all my life

Pretty unlikely to happen though

MattX20

Smash Hero
Christ, these next 5 days are going to feel like a constant adrenaline rush, yet massively slowed down at the same time trying to figure this stuff out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel like Nintendo would promote it as a "Must Have" regardless of who actually makes DLC

D

Deleted member

Christ, these next 5 days are going to feel like a constant adrenaline rush, yet massively slowed down at the same time trying to figure this stuff out.
This is me:

G E N O

F O R

S M A S H

A N D

S U P E R

M A R I O

R P G

R E M A K E

O R

S E Q U E L

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I feel bad for some of you so I'm just gonna lay it out there.

The character Fatmanonice is referring to is not quite verified yet. His name's gone around a lot but it's not something that we know for sure. And it's not what most of you have guessed, lol.
(THIS IS SPECULATION: I personally, however, think the character he's referring to has high odds, though.)

D

Deleted member

I feel bad for some of you so I'm just gonna lay it out there.

The character Fatmanonice is referring to is not quite verified yet. His name's gone around a lot but it's not something that we know for sure. And it's not what most of you have guessed, lol.
(THIS IS SPECULATION: I personally, however, think the character he's referring to has high odds, though.)
It's not what MOST of us have guessed? Hmmmmm.....POPEYE

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
We can confirm these characters were chosen pre 2017 correct? Seeing Rex couldn’t make it as all? If they’re mostly Nintendo characters there could be hints towards them in the game I suppose. Like Geno’s spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom