• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I feel bad for some of you so I'm just gonna lay it out there.

The character Fatmanonice is referring to is not quite verified yet. His name's gone around a lot but it's not something that we know for sure. And it's not what most of you have guessed, lol.
(THIS IS SPECULATION: I personally, however, think the character he's referring to has high odds, though.)
Ah, so the character is male! And most of us have not guessed correctly, but not ALL. So someone did guess right!

/jk. I'll take off my tinfoil hat now.:p

Name starts with an L.
Oh snap! Just saw this. So, does that mean...

gasp L Block?!?!

Last edited:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
I feel bad for some of you so I'm just gonna lay it out there.

The character Fatmanonice is referring to is not quite verified yet. His name's gone around a lot but it's not something that we know for sure. And it's not what most of you have guessed, lol.
(THIS IS SPECULATION: I personally, however, think the character he's referring to has high odds, though.)
E A R T H W O R M
J I M

Nah probably not. Would be hype tbh I like his design and Personality but if Polar’s speculation is correct and it’s someone who’s having high odds it probably isn’t Earthworm Jim.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Aw man, I missed the big Brawl thread passing moment! Belated congrats to you all! This will easily hit 500 pages before release.

Also, so Fatman's hints are for a character...oh boy. My vote is for Lloyd or Tails--as an apparent "boomer," I know those would be cool for us.

Also, this. I would love Klonoa! A total sleeper Namco pick.

Well, this pretty much proves to me that some people at least in NOA know who at least some of the DLC characters are. His wording seems to suggest it heavily. My guess is this is how Polar and Fatman know. Even crazier is that it appears they might know most of the DLC already. But how could that be, unless...

The whole fighter pack will be revealed at the VGAs...???

Edit: hold on. Hold up...I just thought of something bananas. If the characters are all going to be ones we'll love, and one will bring people back...and boomers will love it, zoomers might complain, and no one is asking for them now...

Holy crap. Is it Isaac?

Maybe Nintendo listened, and that's the big news? Could it be that characters already IN as assists will now have a shot?

Now THAT would be earth-shattering.
Holy.............. I really hope that will happen. We golden sun fans are still fighting hard for the series to come back and be revived, and we are of course pushing hard for Isaac even with that AT. That would blow everyone's mind.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
L-Block is totally going to be revealed with Steve

The perfect pair

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If it ends up being Lloyd, somebody's gotta edit and remix that clip from The Stupids where they meet Lloyd the janitor.

But uh... hmm... Lanky Kong?
586px-DK64_Lanky_Artwork.png

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hmm... I’m still thinking at least two core Nintendo characters are getting in... Pfp is my personal choice obviously for one, but I think BWD has a good case found for him as well. Especially since Nintendo is choosing.

Still, I believe Lloyd is the most likely Namco Rep. rip my hope for Klonoa...

Edit: Would it be fair to say that Lloyd/the boomer rep isn’t the shill rep?

Last edited:

Lati

Smash Rookie
My money's on Leon Kennedy or Lara Croft. Leon was highly requested around the brawl era when RE4 was ported to the Wii, and Lara had a fair amount of backing way back in the Melee days.

I think both would be really damn solid picks.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Holy.............. I really hope that will happen. We golden sun fans are still fighting hard for the series to come back and be revived, and we are of course pushing hard for Isaac even with that AT. That would blow everyone's mind.
Hey, I'm rooting for you dudes as well! Too bad it looks like this character at least starts with an L...but perhaps Isaac is one of the others?

I'll always cross my fingers for the golden boy!

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
My money's on Leon Kennedy or Lara Croft. Leon was highly requested around the brawl era when RE4 was ported to the Wii, and Lara had a fair amount of backing way back in the Melee days.

I think both would be really damn solid picks.
polarpanda calling the character a he kinda rules out lara croft, so its probablly leon

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Looking back on polls and forums Leon was actually highly requested and frequently brought up. Wouldn’t be surprised if Leon is who Polar was talking about.

Edit: was not wasn’t, stupid autocorrect

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Name starts with an L.
Has to be Leon or Lloyd. One of PapaGenos’ sources actually mentioned both an RE character and a Tales character, so they have precedence. I’m personally hoping for Leon.

Edit: ...Well, nevermind.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Lloyd Irving. I'm sure quite a few would be happy with his inclusion
I would be overjoyed with Llyod making it in. My friend Trent and I went on a 4 year journey to beat the original Tales Of Symphonia for the Gamecube from 2013 to 2017. We literally cried when we beat it and I always wanted Llyod in since I loved playing as him in the original super smash flash back in 2008 in middle school. I hope he makes it!!!!

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Hmm... I’m still thinking at least two core Nintendo characters are getting in... Pfp is my personal choice obviously for one, but I think BWD has a good case found for him as well. Especially since Nintendo is choosing.

Still, I believe Lloyd is the most likely Namco Rep. rip my hope for Klonoa...
My hopes for Klonoa were built up and broke down in a few minutes, i feel ya pal.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
*Sigh* LaxChris posted the same topic again about if “Spirits Deconfirm Fighters” :rolleyes:

E40CBEF2-920A-45C3-B05C-25A829D6CB1A.gif

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It sounds like Lloyd Irving to me. Though Layton (who was big during the pre-Smash 4 days) could also be a possibility.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Starts with an L, huh? It's definitely Lolo then. I was right.

/s

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
T
Imagine if like they announced all 5 in one big cinematic trailer but gameplay was revealed later.

That actually might be worse. ''OH NO BLANK IS IN AND I'M SO EXCITED. THEIR MOVESET BETTER BE INCREDIBLE." and you wait for like 5 months to figure it out because they're on the back end of DLC.
That's what I imagined happening if the Grinch Leak was real and it was glorious. Like the other characters were fighting some unbeatable force and are trapped and in the distance you hear the faint twangs of a banjo and then Banjo and Kazooie charged in.

Name starts with an L.
Luigi confirmed. It's his time, lads.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
He also made an evidence for Waluigi vid lmao
I feel like I’m partially to blame for that... My PowerPoint was the first one he went over but it took me AGES to convince him to do a vid on it. In fact i think he only did it because we made a deal that if he gets 15k subs he’d do the vid. Still a little salty that he didn’t Link the original PowerPoint but eh, it’s mega outdated now so Shrug.

Lati

Smash Rookie
I don't think it'd be Lloyd, since he hasn't exactly "fallen off the radar" like FatMan suggested.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
So I see we are talking about a boomer character that Zoomers would not like. I’m going to say it’s Lloyd Irving, especially because his creator has been pushing for him to get into Smash for awhile now. It’s true some zoomers are aware of his popularity, but it’s unlikely they themselves may have played Tales of Symphonia.

The only other characters I can think of are Klonoa or Dig Dug. However given that Polar Panda says it starts with the letter L. I’m going to say it’s very likely Lloyd.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Character name that starts with a L?

Lloyd, Leon Kennedy, the L Block, and Professor Layton all come to mind as extremely interesting and semi requested choices (or in Llyod’s case, one of the most requested choices). The first three all fit boomer chracter as well.

I don’t know about the way this is going though, it feels much less concrete feeling than most of what we’ve seen with Polar. I don’t like the just kind of hype for hype’s sake of this situation. Is there anyway to reenforce this supposed character without giving something pertinent out? And if it’s on the good word of someone, why is their word of importance?

I might have missed it trying to catch up, so, I’m sorry if I’m asking for info that’s been said.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Lloyd is considered a Boomer pick now? People only really started discussing him as a possible character after Brawl. He doesn't sound correct as a long time hope character that people have forgotten about.

If it ends up being Lloyd, somebody's gotta edit and remix that clip from The Stupids where they meet Lloyd the janitor.

But uh... hmm... Lanky Kong?
View attachment 181103
I really hope it's this just for the maymays. But it's probably not.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Lloyd is considered a Boomer pick now? People only really started discussing him as a possible character after Brawl. He doesn't sound correct as a long time hope character that people have forgotten about.
Nah, Pre-brawl, both Llyod and Crono had a "big" fanbase that completely went into scramble after the game release.
Sure, he still have a support, but compared to brawl? It's nothing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I really hope it's this just for the maymays. But it's probably not.
I don't get it, I was like 17 when Tales of Symphonia came out

I'd hardly consider that Boomer territory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom