• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I think that's more a cake then a pie
Blasphemy!! Cheesecake is no more a cake than pizza is a pie. And yes, that only muddies the waters even more, lol.

Best pie is Pumpkin. Apple is great but requires Ice cream to truly bring out its full potential so I’ll stick with pumpkin
Solid pie logic, this.
I will hold you to that Pie. lol
By all means.:grin: never have I wanted such a specific pie, and for so many reasons.
I like banana cream pie
This guy gets it! Banana cream needs more love.
I change my mind, that's my favorite pie :)
Ikr?? Let's hope one day our pie wish will come true.

That was the most quotes I've ever done at once...and all of them were pie-related.:laugh:

Life (and the Geno thread) is truly unpredictable...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blasphemy!! Cheesecake is no more a cake than pizza is a pie. And yes, that only muddies the waters even more, lol.

Solid pie logic, this.

By all means.:grin: never have I wanted such a specific pie, and for so many reasons.

That was the most quotes I've ever done at once...and all of them were pie-related.:laugh:

You've just opened things up

My favorite pie is pepperoni and mushroom

Or spinach feta

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since it's relevent

Someone on /v/ is claiming that

"Krono threw a pity-party after hearing Sora was impossible and went to find his own info. That's where he got Vergeben's leaked Square list and posted it. Krono tried to save his own *** by throwing PolarPanda under. Verge only shares sources with Hitagi and Krono deleted that infowith friends on BillyBo10k's discord server "

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/440893957

Edit: Also

"Verge was piggybacking off of Stealth and another dude privately under a fake name. He lost them and went running too hitagi like a piss baby. Don't believe me? Believe the people connected to him!"
Based on what I know...

It's complicated. Basically we currently have people freaking out because of broken chains of communication. Not all the insiders know each other or even know all their sources and the discovery of new insiders is kind of distressing when discovered by someone with a smaller communication circle. When people freak out, they're more prone to mistakes and it's time to make the circle smaller.

More people in the know that are actively moving around is a bad thing. Weak links need to go. I know things but I stay here, not really interested in grandstanding or honestly telling anybody anything unless I'm approved. Actually moving about with info is tricky and most of the Smash Ultimate leakers are botching it in hilarious fashion, leading to real world consequences. It'll be interesting to see where things are in another month.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Based on what I know...

It's complicated. Basically we currently have people freaking out because of broken chains of communication. Not all the insiders know each other or even know all their sources and the discovery of new insiders is kind of distressing when discovered by someone with a smaller communication circle. When people freak out, they're more prone to mistakes and it's time to make the circle smaller.

More people in the know that are actively moving around is a bad thing. Weak links need to go. I know things but I stay here, not really interested in grandstanding or honestly telling anybody anything unless I'm approved. Actually moving about with info is tricky and most of the Smash Ultimate leakers are botching it in hilarious fashion, leading to real world consequences. It'll be interesting to see where things are in another month.
At a certain point I wonder which type of leak Nintendo sees as the greater evil: Leaking in-game content like spirits and music or """leaking""" lists of characters many of whom aren't actually being considered which gets people's hopes up and leads to backlash when things don't turn out that way (i.e. the Grinch leak). The objective information of copyright takedowns on Youtube point to that being the bigger issue for them but if they were so distressed by just the Isaac backlash I can only imagine how they felt about all the people let down by the Grinch leak being a lie.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

Solid pie logic, this.

Does uh, Chicken Pot Pie count? Because if so, that's gotta be my favorite :0

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
omg you guys are we really talking about pie???!!!!

I love key lime pie.
At this point, I'm just morbidly curious as to how long we can talk about pie before the mods intervene.:p

I'm guessing they haven't because, clearly, no one wants to be that guy. I mean, it's pie. What monster would say no to that?

berserker37

Smash Rookie
I didn’t check this thread all day, and when I come, things have completely gone up in flames and I love it.
Also pls add me to support please and thank you

NanoGeno

Smash Rookie
I’ve been so bored recently I dunno what I would do without this thread. It’s amazing.

D

Deleted member

I didn’t check this thread all day, and when I come, things have completely gone up in flames and I love it.
Also pls add me to support please and thank you
Welcome to the thread! Also, Gum-Gum Smash Gum-Gum Smash welcome as well :)

Add in: I think I am going to hit the hay lol. Watch this thread reach page 415 when I wake up

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm happy to hear we're also taking about cheesecake as well since it's actually my #1 favourite desert! I even some as my birthday cake one year! Blueberry is the GOAT!
My mom's caramel chocolate cheesecake is the best thing I've ever tasted. Only competition is my Mother in law's woopie pies. Hey, I just realized those kind of count as pie too!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
*leaves for a bit. sees people are still talking about pie. A single tear falls down face*

This is gold lol. And I started it!?

EDIT: This is why I like this place.

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Hey now, if we're bringing pizza into this pie contest, I pick that without hesitation.

On a weird note, anytime I think of the name PapaGeno's, I think of pizza. It just sounds like the perfect name for a pizza parlor. It helps that Mario, an Italian man, is involved.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That sounds amazing, omg! :O
I wish I could try that now!
It's the best! The bottom layer is crushed Oreo held together by melted caramel. Above that is carmel cheesecake filling. On top of that is chocolate cake, and on top of that is fudge topping. My mother in law's dish does have the advantage of being an Amish recipe though. Say what you will about the Amish, but they know how to make a damn pie.

Phoca_Vitulina

Smash Rookie
Hey now, if we're bringing pizza into this pie contest, I pick that without hesitation.

On a weird note, anytime I think of the name PapaGeno's, I think of pizza. It just sounds like the perfect name for a pizza parlor. It helps that Mario, an Italian man, is involved.
That's because it is! It's the name of a pizza chain (Spelled Papa Gino's instead). I believe that's why papagenos said he named his channel after that chain.

As for favorite pie, mines are pumpkin and blueberry. I recently got the chance to try Earl Grey pie and it actually was quite tasty too! I love how there's so many people all bonding over the tastiness that is pie. Looking forward to the Geno-themed pie if it comes. Some kind of starfruit jam filling would sound divine!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
My mom's caramel chocolate cheesecake is the best thing I've ever tasted. Only competition is my Mother in law's woopie pies. Hey, I just realized those kind of count as pie too!
Whoa...that literally sounds like the best pie ever. That's a recipe I'd LOVE to get...
*leaves for a bit. sees people are still talking about pie. A single tear falls down face*

This is gold lol. And I started it!?

EDIT: This is why I like this place.
You have done a wonderful thing, Augustus. Be proud!

He's literally said that's what he was going for when he made up the name, lol. It's also why his video thumbnails are red and white--like a pizza parlor.:)

Edit: aww, ninja'd.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
This my first time visiting the Geno thread. I have to say you guys and gals are amazing. I cant believe I have found so many cheesecake lovers! By the way if you haven't tried pumpkin pie cheesecake, its absolutely amazing.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
At a certain point I wonder which type of leak Nintendo sees as the greater evil: Leaking in-game content like spirits and music or """leaking""" lists of characters many of whom aren't actually being considered which gets people's hopes up and leads to backlash when things don't turn out that way (i.e. the Grinch leak). The objective information of copyright takedowns on Youtube point to that being the bigger issue for them but if they were so distressed by just the Isaac backlash I can only imagine how they felt about all the people let down by the Grinch leak being a lie.
Honestly, the reaction to the Grinch leak has put Nintendo in a weird place when it comes to DLC.

If that leak never happened, they could have shoved basically any Square character at the fans, and while Geno supporters would be quite disappointed that it wasn’t him, the majority would be satisfied.

But no, instead we had a full week-and-a-half where basically the majority of the gaming Internet(thanks to news sites publicizing the leak far and wide) legitimately believed that Geno was in. And then it turned out that not only was Geno not in, we essentially knew about all the characters since mid-September. And on top of that, the two characters(not counting Ken) that seemed the most likely from the leak were deconfirned as ATs, while three others were nothing more than .PNGs in a glorified Event Match/gacha mode.

Since that leak happened and got everyone’s hopes up, now anything besides Geno and Banjo is going to feel like a massive letdown for a pretty sizable group of people that believed that they were really, finally happening a month ago, even ones that never really followed either character too closely. Especially if we get DQ and Steve instead, there’d effectively be riots.

(For another contender, I’d personally expect Crono to be about 60% well-received, with an extra 40% mix of “Er, did anyone really request him?”, “Really, another anime swordsman?”, and “Come on, where’s Geno?”)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This my first time visiting the Geno thread. I have to say you guys and gals are amazing. I cant believe I have found so many cheesecake lovers! By the way if you haven't tried pumpkin pie cheesecake, its absolutely amazing.
Hey A.G.L. A.G.L. Welcome to the Geno Thread.
Pumpkin Cheesecake is pretty amazing, but man too much can mess you up.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Whoa...that literally sounds like the best pie ever. That's a recipe I'd LOVE to get...

You have done a wonderful thing, Augustus. Be proud!

He's literally said that's what he was going for when he made up the name, lol. It's also why his video thumbnails are red and white--like a pizza parlor.:)

Edit: aww, ninja'd.
I'd love to share the recipe with everyone here, but it's a family secret. Even I don't know it. My grandma, my mom, my sister, my sister in law, and soon my fiancee, are the only people who know it. Which is funny because it doesn't even look like a complicated recipe and we have it for every event. You could probably figure it out just based on the description.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
This is a thing?!

Oh man...so many pies. I fear for our bloodsugar.
I said Apple as the first, but man...people are really throwing out some great Pies
There's just one we haven't done yet...
pi-symbol-CBS-door.jpg

...sorry. It was obligatory. I couldn't have been the only one thinking that, lol.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Hey A.G.L. A.G.L. Welcome to the Geno Thread.
Pumpkin Cheesecake is pretty amazing, but man too much can mess you up.
Thank You AugustusB AugustusB for welcoming me :).
Agree its so hard to make, and takes forever. I made it one year, and ever since my friends keep asking me for it ha. I would make it more often, but its very time consuming. Also if you haven't tried Mint Oreo Cheesecake thats another I recommend its my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom