• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Thank You AugustusB AugustusB for welcoming me :).
Agree its so hard to make, and takes forever. I made it one year, and ever since my friends keep asking me for it ha. I would make it more often, but its very time consuming. Also if you haven't tried Mint Oreo Cheesecake thats another I recommend its my favorite.
Although not a cheesecake variant, i recommend making kolaczkis one day, they take a bit of prep time but the result is very much worth it (and you can use any filling you want, which is always a plus in my book)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Thank You AugustusB AugustusB for welcoming me :).
Agree its so hard to make, and takes forever. I made it one year, and ever since my friends keep asking me for it ha. I would make it more often, but its very time consuming. Also if you haven't tried Mint Oreo Cheesecake thats another I recommend its my favorite.
I have not myself, but will certainly give that a try sometime.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I have a question for everyone. Do you guys select your main based on your favorite character or whoever's playstyle you like? As you might be able to tell, I chose my mains based on my favorite characters, and coincidentally I love their playstyle.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Honestly, the reaction to the Grinch leak has put Nintendo in a weird place when it comes to DLC.

If that leak never happened, they could have shoved basically any Square character at the fans, and while Geno supporters would be quite disappointed that it wasn’t him, the majority would be satisfied.

But no, instead we had a full week-and-a-half where basically the majority of the gaming Internet(thanks to news sites publicizing the leak far and wide) legitimately believed that Geno was in. And then it turned out that not only was Geno not in, we essentially knew about all the characters since mid-September. And on top of that, the two characters(not counting Ken) that seemed the most likely from the leak were deconfirned as ATs, while three others were nothing more than .PNGs in a glorified Event Match/gacha mode.

Since that leak happened and got everyone’s hopes up, now anything besides Geno and Banjo is going to feel like a massive letdown for a pretty sizable group of people that believed that they were really, finally happening a month ago, even ones that never really followed either character too closely. Especially if we get DQ and Steve instead, there’d effectively be riots.

(For another contender, I’d personally expect Crono to be about 60% well-received, with an extra 40% mix of “Er, did anyone really request him?”, “Really, another anime swordsman?”, and “Come on, where’s Geno?”)
Getting a little off topic aren't we? I thought this was the pie thread.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Honestly, the reaction to the Grinch leak has put Nintendo in a weird place when it comes to DLC.

If that leak never happened, they could have shoved basically any Square character at the fans, and while Geno supporters would be quite disappointed that it wasn’t him, the majority would be satisfied.

But no, instead we had a full week-and-a-half where basically the majority of the gaming Internet(thanks to news sites publicizing the leak far and wide) legitimately believed that Geno was in. And then it turned out that not only was Geno not in, we essentially knew about all the characters since mid-September. And on top of that, the two characters(not counting Ken) that seemed the most likely from the leak were deconfirned as ATs, while three others were nothing more than .PNGs in a glorified Event Match/gacha mode.

Since that leak happened and got everyone’s hopes up, now anything besides Geno and Banjo is going to feel like a massive letdown for a pretty sizable group of people that believed that they were really, finally happening a month ago, even ones that never really followed either character too closely. Especially if we get DQ and Steve instead, there’d effectively be riots.

(For another contender, I’d personally expect Crono to be about 60% well-received, with an extra 40% mix of “Er, did anyone really request him?”, “Really, another anime swordsman?”, and “Come on, where’s Geno?”)
Eh, I wouldn't say the Grinch leak got me any more hyped for Geno than I already was. At the time it did, but the moment a leak is proven false, my hype levels back out to standard. Which is to say, hopeful but cautious.

And I'd be disappointed with Crono less because he isn't Geno, and more because he wouldn't be Robo, lol.

In general, I'm just not sure who could be added that I would be hyped about, if not the ones we're all clamoring for. It's kind of funner that way, in a sense. I'm not sure what's coming, but I sure do hope it's unique and fun.

Geno would just be an incredible bonus.

Last edited:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
I have a question for everyone. Do you guys select your main based on your favorite character or whoever's playstyle you like? As you might be able to tell, I chose my mains based on my favorite characters, and coincidentally I love their playstyle.
Based off of who's playstyle I like the best but also a little bit of who I like as a character, Kind of A mixture of both

AugustusB

Smash Champion
For me personally, I like to play everyone...and I do mean EVERYONE. Just to get a feel and see if I meld with them.

I do tend to gravitate towards characters who's games I have played and have a connection with.

An example for me is Snake, LOVE Metal Gear Solid and am stoked he is back.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
In all seriousness though, if the square character isn't Geno, Sephiroth would be an awesome consolation prize. At least he'd stand out from the other swordsman and wouldn't be a generic enemy. I'd be down for it.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
How it usually goes for me is that there are a certain set of newcomers I find interesting each game, and I try them all. Then whichever clicks with me the most becomes my main, with the others secondaries. My favorite characters don't usually factor in, but often do overlap with who I end up trying.

Strangely enough, I never stick with a main from one game to the next. But they all remain secondaries. So I've built quite a stable of fighters I use...

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I usually play around with characters and I go with whatever one feels right.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Although not a cheesecake variant, i recommend making kolaczkis one day, they take a bit of prep time but the result is very much worth it (and you can use any filling you want, which is always a plus in my book)
Im not sure what that is, but I will definitely try it. I actually really love baking, I just don't have the time due to college. I really want to make some Macadamia nut, coconut, banana pancakes soon. I had some in Cali and they are absolutely amazing. So hopefully ill get the chance to make some.

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Definitely a little bit of both, though prior liking of the character is a big plus.
For the six characters under my avatar, everyone but Captain Falcon I used because I loved the character. (For the record, I've never played Project M, I just wanted to put Wario there. :4wario:)
Captain Falcon was because I loved the way he played, which lead me to trying out his games and then loving the character (and especially the series he comes from.)
Really though, I'm not an expert by any means, and I don't really "main" anyone. I like about 80% or so of the cast, so it mostly goes with who I feel like playing at that moment. :)

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
i chose snake because of his playstyle and i ended up playing the whole mgs series after maining him and he became my favorite character. im not sure which that is, lol

edit: i would like to mention that ill main geno if he gets in because im not gonna rally for a character for years just to never use him

Last edited:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
What do you guys think of there being a Smash Reveal at TGA? Personally I say there won't be but it's not outta the realm of possibility like a 70% no 30% Chance of happening.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
If I went by my favorite characters, I’d be an Olimar/Pac-Man main 100%. Instead, Roy and Ike are my go-tos, which might sound weird considering how much I complain about anime swordfighters. (I’ve tried Robin, Corrin, and Cloud, they just aren’t my kind of thing.)

Saying that, though...

In all seriousness though, if the square character isn't Geno, Sephiroth would be an awesome consolation prize. At least he'd stand out from the other swordsman and wouldn't be a generic enemy. I'd be down for it.
I’d definitely take Sephiroth over a DQ protagonist or Chrono, considering that they could make more of a unique moveset from “ridiculously long sword” compared to “another sword user with magic”.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well GenoBros, slumber is calling me. You guys stay awesome and don't let the pie talk die!

Request: If anyone is an artist or knows one, can I please ask (or commission) for a drawing of Snake looking at a pie with a serious look on his face?
I need this...for reasons.

Y'all have a great night gang!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
If I went by my favorite characters, I’d be an Olimar/Pac-Man main 100%. Instead, Roy and Ike are my go-tos, which might sound weird considering how much I complain about anime swordfighters. (I’ve tried Robin, Corrin, and Cloud, they just aren’t my kind of thing.)
pikmin is one of my favorite games so i tried maining olimar. Never again.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I select based off of playstyles, but I inevitably try out characters I personally like first.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I pretty much start every fighting game trying to play as the character I like the most or if it's a completely original IP the character that looks the coolest to me. I mained Mewtwo back in Melee when he was ass because I love "villain" characters and I loved Pokemon. I didn't care that I got K.O.'d all the time. By this same logic other than Mewtwo I'm going to try and git gud at K. Rool and Ridley even if Ridley is as crap as some people have been saying. Unless I actually try to go to a tourney or something I will have more fun playing as a character I like than a character just selecting someone just because they're high-tier.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Man all of these responses made me wish I had a more diverse set of characters I play as.

When I'm not playing competitively, however, I do like to play as Yoshi, Bowser Jr. (specifically Lemmy), and the Ice Climbers. But yeah, I really gotta play with a lot of characters this time around.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Gone for a few hours and I hope I’m not too late for pie. I only saw one other person say this one, but strawberry-rhubarb pie is delicious.

TheBeastHimself

Oooh Pikmin is one of the few Nintendo franchises I've never gotten around to playing... I know I could easily just Google this but I'd rather here from someone's own experience here, what type of game is Pikmin?

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Im not sure what that is, but I will definitely try it. I actually really love baking, I just don't have the time due to college. I actually really want to make some Macadamia nut, coconut, banana pancakes soon. I had some in Cali and they are absolutely amazing. So hopefully ill get the chance to make some.
Kolaczkis are filled Polish cookies, they're great for the Holidays.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of there being a Smash Reveal at TGA? Personally I say there won't be but it's not outta the realm of possibility like a 70% no 30% Chance of happening.
I'm 80% on it happening. Remember how bayonetta and corrin were announced months before they released. They don't need a full gameplay to show or tease the dlc character, it could either be a cgi trailer or an even more shady kind of teasing trailer of the first dlc character. If 5 characters are gonna be spread during 2019 till february of 2020, it wouldn't be weird AT ALL to see the first one teased during TGA. Of course it might not happen, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if it does happen, because it would make complete sense, regardless of people forgetting how early bayonetta and corrin were revealed compared to their release date.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I kinda lucked out where those two criteria ended up converging. When it comes to fighting games, I've always been a big fan of highly technical stance change characters. Gen from Street Fighter and Yoshimitsu from Tekken/SC are some of my favorite characters to play in any game. I was pleasantly surprised to see Gen on the spirit list.

When it comes to Smash, Pokemon Trainer has the closest moveset to my preferred style, and it just so happens that Pokemon Red is right up there with SMRPG on my list of favorite games. Having Pokemon Trainer back and buffed is super exciting.

Also, put me down for Pumpkin and Apple as well!

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I just try to play as many characteres as I personally enjoy as I can, which in this case is just about everyone but the Fire Emblem characters, Daisy, Cloud, Dark Pit, and Bayonetta. The more I like the character, the more I play them, though it also helps if i'm good with them.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I kinda lucked out where those two criteria ended up converging. When it comes to fighting games, I've always been a big fan of highly technical stance change characters. Gen from Street Fighter and Yoshimitsu from Tekken/SC are some of my favorite characters to play in any game. I was pleasantly surprised to see Gen on the spirit list.

When it comes to Smash, Pokemon Trainer has the closest moveset to my preferred style, and it just so happens that Pokemon Red is right up there with SMRPG on my list of favorite games. Having Pokemon Trainer back and buffed is super exciting.

Also, put me down for Pumpkin and Apple as well!
Anyone that mains Gen gets respect from me, man. His combos are amazing to watch.

To add to that discussion on mains, despite not "maining" anyone in Smash, I mained Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (if it weren't obvious) solely because Wrighto is my favorite video game character, period. I won't deny that learning how to play as him was like an actual grind, but it was just fun playing as him.

I really hope my boys in blue (him and Geno) get into Smash one day. Though Geno's chances are much, much better than Feenie's.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I know, right? Many users here are compiling a bible of arguments of why Geno is the SquareEnix rep, when it could end up with a moogle being added just because Nintendo thought it was cuter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTDJwtgyTQo
Nintendo has just killed officially announced that they are killing off their creator's program. So who knows. Maybe they are starting to get a singing voice so to speak

ZelDan

Smash Master
I want my main(s) to be characters that I do actually like or atleast come from a franchise I like, but are also actually fun to play. In Smash 4, Megaman and Zero Suit Samus fit the bill perfectly on both accounts and they are both the characters I played the most. Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time (hence the username), but I never really found any of the Zelda characters in Smash THAT fun TBH, atleast from Brawl and onward. I messed around with Zelda, Sheik, and Young Link in Melee, after that though I just couldn't get into them.

Hoping Simon will be that character in Ultimate. I've also heard good things about Zelda so I might check her out again.

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Hey now, if we're bringing pizza into this pie contest, I pick that without hesitation.

On a weird note, anytime I think of the name PapaGeno's, I think of pizza. It just sounds like the perfect name for a pizza parlor. It helps that Mario, an Italian man, is involved.
From last page, but had to say Papa Ginos is a chain out in Massachusetts.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Sadly, I base it off of the characters I feel most confident and comfortable playing. G&W makes me feel like I have complete control of movement and space. If I feel confident enough to jump off the stage to chase opponents I consider that character my main :p and G&W is the only one I feel that way with.

Although, I'd say Cloud is my 2nd, then Mii Brawler then Gunner (GENO) then Ike. On the roster, Mega Man is my favorite character, but I just hate how he plays.

I like all the additions to Ultimate so far, but I actually don't think any of them will dethrone G&W on my list. MAYBE K. Rool, he is one of my most favorite characters.. Also Inkling and Richter/Simon look very fun. If Geno is in as DLC though I will do what I can to become a pro with him.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda both.

I mained Dedede in Brawl, but I chose him from the start because he was my most wanted character for Brawl. However, he's also one of the characters I'm the most confident in using.

Lemmy Koopa and Duck Hunt were more for their play style. I was never a fan of bowser jr and still am not, but as long as I can use one of the koopalings I enjoy the character, Duck Hunt is just super fun - I was never a supporter./

Sheik I've just been using since Melee

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I’m New to Smashboards and I’ve come from the Smash Bros subreddit to cheer on Geno. Nice to meet you all
It is very nice of you to join us, Kaptain K. Rooli. Thank you for joining the thread to support our beloved doll for DLC! :)

One thing I'd like you to know about me: I like pumpkin pie.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
>NoA didn't expect outrage over Issac

I mean, did you guys REALLY expect anything else after being dead silent on him for months? Good grief
You called?

Gosh, I love making that joke.

Whoo, lots o discussion to get up to date with.

I don’t really like pie.

And I miss the days when leakers would just tell us which characters are in the game.

Oooh Pikmin is one of the few Nintendo franchises I've never gotten around to playing... I know I could easily just Google this but I'd rather here from someone's own experience here, what type of game is Pikmin?
It’s kind of a really stressful experience. Since you have a time limit, you really feel like you have to play well and every action and second counts. Plus, you get attached to the little ****ers, so when they die it’s pretty sad. I think 3 is the more stressful one, as instead of a timer, you have to manage your resources, and instead of the abstract fear of not making time, you have the more urgent fear of starving.

A lovely experience.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Greetings, Geno supporting folks!

Came here from the Isaac thread to say that Geno is within my top 10 most wanted characters, and is probably my second most wanted realizable character.

'cause Vaati, Scizor, and Saki aren't gonna be anywhere important in Smash at this rate.

Anyway, good luck!

And my favorite pie is Key Lime.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If Geno is in as DLC though I will do what I can to become a pro with him.
Ha... Not until I become a Geno pro first! I'm going to be playing, maining, and mastering Geno for days with Bonnie Tyler's "I NEED A HERO" playing in the background. Not even giant clams, cheese graters, or educational television will be able to stop me.

I can't wait to train Geno into becoming the counter for Gun-Legs McGee.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So I've just been kinda watching this all unfold, and oh man what a ride! Didn't think PolarPanda, the small time leaker only really known in the Geno thread, would come out here and absolutely troll the leakers like a boss. I don't really know if leaking all this information was a good idea, but damn is it making things interesting! VirginGang and Hitagang beware, the #PolarPosse is rising up!
Seriously though, I don't hate the leakers or anything and hope things get worked out. Ultimately (hehe, Ultimate), they're all just trying to get real information out there without damaging their credibility or their source's career's.

As for pie, I really like all sorts, although I've probably eaten Pumpkin and Cheesecake (that apparently counts?) the most. I believe I like rhubarb quite a lot as well.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Mega Man is my favorite character, but I just hate how he plays.
I will be more than happy to give you free Mega Man lessons

Also I probably won't bake a pie but the fellow 27 year old boomer in me has had a 4 pack of Monster Zero Ultra sitting in my fridge since August. I will only open it if Geno ever gets in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom