• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is why I literally cant see Sephiroth or Dragon quest being the characters.

Sephiroth: Requires yet another FF7 stage, which would be silly because Midgard is the games most iconic location, and somehow magically more music from FF7, from a composer not willing to share his music. We were lucky to get 2.

DQ: On an entirely different echelon of nope when it comes to DQ music. The composer is notorious for never letting anyone else use his music outside of DQ. Not to mention hes racist, xenophobic , and a lot of other things and Square is practically held hostage by him because he makes extremely good music. Not entirely sure Nintendo would even put his music in smash or credit him. And yes, at the prevention of a character.

This seriously only leaves Geno or Chrono. Chrono himself even has licencing issues to go through. Isnt it ironic that Geno is actually the easiest and most logical DLC choice by that account?

In my fantasy dream world, the SE character selection on the fighters pass is a special occasion. Chrono is picked as the actual character, and we get a stage and music. However, Geno is a bonus character brought over with a few music tracks (not that i wouldnt want Forest Maze or anything, i just would want Chrono Trigger represented properly, while Smash fans got Geno).

So im currently rooting for either, with the farfetched hope that both are picked.
Both Geno and Chrono would be awesome. There was an article about Square Enix working with Nintendo to bring back past titles, so I can really see Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger being two of them, and both of them being playable in Smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
I’m New to Smashboards and I’ve come from the Smash Bros subreddit to cheer on Geno. Nice to meet you all

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I’m New to Smashboards and I’ve come from the Smash Bros subreddit to cheer on Geno. Nice to meet you all
Fair tidings and a big welcome to you, my friend, in addition to your favorite pie, what is your perfect sunday?

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Fair tidings and a big welcome to you, my friend, in addition to your favorite pie, what is your perfect sunday?
Being lazy and relaxing around the house while playing video games of course maybe order a Pizza or something, Idk just I’m kinda antisocial

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I was directly told that Nintendo operators got hate calls over Isaac just the same as they did with Waluigi. If there is a wave 2 (since wave 1 WON'T) with AT promotions, Waluigi or Isaac would definitely be first. Then Skull Kid.
It sounds like a waste of time to just call a Customer Service line to just complain about not getting the character you wanted in a Nintendo Direct. Like some people just need to get a life and appreciate what they are given sometimes.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Btw, just going to put this out there: if Geno gets in as DLC, I will legit have a star pie made to celebrate. With 7, differently-colored stars on top. Made of melted and molded Starburst. I'd say the filling would be starfruit too, but I've never tried that, so maybe not, lol.

But yeah, I've got a bakery hookup, so I can make this happen. I will serve you all a (virtual) slice...when the time comes.

And for the record...my perfect Sunday is playing Smash. With Geno in it. Obviously.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It sounds like a waste of time to just call a Customer Service line to just complain about not getting the character you wanted in a Nintendo Direct. Like some people just need to get a life and appreciate what they are given sometimes.
I hate the "appreciate what you got' mentality. People do realize Smash is a PRODUCT, right? Nintendo doesn't put Smash out for free out of the charity of their hearts.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Btw, just going to put this out there: if Geno gets in as DLC, I will legit have a star pie made to celebrate. With 7, differently-colored stars on top. Made of melted and molded Starburst. I'd say the filling would be starfruit too, but I've never tried that, so maybe not, lol.

But yeah, I've got a bakery hookup, so I can make this happen. I will serve you all a (virtual) slice...when the time comes.

And for the record...my perfect Sunday is playing Smash. With Geno in it. Obviously.
Same, along with Geno and the mains in my signature.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Best pie is Pumpkin. Apple is great but requires Ice cream to truly bring out its full potential so I’ll stick with pumpkin

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I will hold you to that Pie. lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate the "appreciate what you got' mentality. People do realize Smash is a PRODUCT, right? Nintendo doesn't put Smash out for free out of the charity of their hearts.
Yeah, but there is a fine line between realizing it's not charity and people sending death threats over it

You can be unhappy with a product without harassing someone

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Polar dropped this earlier. His source shared that Nintendo didn't even consider Isaac for playable because Golden Sun was a dead franchise, further emphasizing that legacy franchises like Duck Hunt were the exception. Apparently Nintendo thought fans would be happy with Isaac coming back as an AT only to read the internet response and find that they had totally **** the bed on that one.
excuse me, how far back is the post if you don't mind me asking?

D

Deleted member

I change my mind, that's my favorite pie :)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Yeah, but there is a fine line between realizing it's not charity and people sending death threats over it

You can be unhappy with a product without harassing someone
People who get told to "be grateful", from what I've seen on the internet in regards to smash, are perfectly reasonable people who shouldn't be being talked down to. They've made no threats; just expressing dissatisfaction.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People who get told to "be grateful", from what I've seen on the internet in regards to smash, are perfectly reasonable people who shouldn't be being talked down to. They've made no threats; just expressing dissatisfaction.
Yeah, but in this instance we were talking about people that did make death threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom