• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
The thing for me with Sephiroth that makes him unlikely is the fact that he'd have to come with a new stage and new music tracks as well. In terms of music, Cloud only came with 2, the bare minimum needed back in Smash 4. If there was issues with the music licencing the first time around, I highly doubt they'd be able to add more a 2nd time around. With stages, I don't see them adding another FF7 stage. Most 3rd parties don't get another stage. Only Sonic, and his 2nd stage was based around a Nintendo exclusive Sonic game. It would be cool to see him in the game, but I have some doubts. (Edited for grammar)

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That...is very interesting. Seems to drive home how much people despise ATs nowadays for what they usually mean.

I guess I can only hope the same thing happened for Shadow as well, the two are in a similar boat now.
And I'm hoping that applies to Bomberman, too!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am sorry for all of the drama, everyone. I sincerely just do not want anybody here to be misled.
Life would be boring without a little drama.

That's why it's one of the most common genres

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm not sure which thread is going faster — this one or the General Discussion thread.

Yes, I'm serious.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Just skimming... But is all of this hoopla because Isaac was never considered and we still don't know who the square rep is?

That seems like a lot of hoopla over not much.

(also woo congrats on 400)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
What the fork happened while I was gone??? There was talk of pie? Leakers are now among us? Golden Sun was ignored?

Geez...I'll have speed read to get all that. But I'm just ridiculously curious. If nothing else, I just have to see how that soap opera we had going on wrapped up...

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Good job getting to 400 pages, you guys! You all are really doing a good job of showing why we need Geno back!

Here's to further and further beyond! :)
Thanks to Polar Panda for the info, delivering it like a real life, wish-granting Geno.
Edit: Also, I saw a lack of blueberry pie! That stuff is the best!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, thread blew up while I was out. Did something big happen?
Arguments over disagreement in thread etiquette and culture

Then Xenother dropped by

edit: Something something Isaac...

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that the classic Sonic games suck. I loved Sonic 1-3 and Mania.
But FFVII is a beast.
Its plot, characters, battle system, narrative, design, impact can't be underestimated. It was the first mainline FF in Europe, it exploded in the States and Japan, and to this day is considered the best in the series alongside VI.
The thing that aged bad was its graphics and programming, which warranted the remake we're (sadly) getting.
I do agree Eggman is iconic and everything, but I think only Sephiboi tops him. After him I think Eggman would be fitting to enter, definitely.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
PolarPanda PolarPanda I appreciate what you go through to get news; and you don't **** on the fans either. *cough cough verge*

Also; Hypothetically I wonder if the Isaac backlash was SO bad that Nintendo might try and fix it lol. A second wave of assist upgrades would be NICE.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
PolarPanda PolarPanda I appreciate what you go through to get news; and you don't **** on the fans either. *cough cough verge*

Also; Hypothetically I wonder if the Isaac backlash was SO bad that Nintendo might try and fix it lol. A second wave of assist upgrades would be NICE.
I was directly told that Nintendo operators got hate calls over Isaac just the same as they did with Waluigi. If there is a wave 2 (since wave 1 WON'T) with AT promotions, Waluigi or Isaac would definitely be first. Then Skull Kid.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Listen, I find it hilarious that Geno is called obscure still to this day.

Geno is LITERALLY Roy now, save for actually being in the game. Roy himself was popularized by Smash, only to actually be well known for this iteration of the game. His ACTUAL game never even made it to the west, where the series started with the game after his (a prequel to his game).

Now take Geno, a character who has been popularized by Smash, albeit his presence in a game is a bit different from Roy. Regardless, the popularization is what counts. Geno is even more notable than half the Smash roster. Many people who even care about Smash know about Geno because of Smash popularity.
So where does this leave us? Everything to be honest.

****ing of course his name is on the list with Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, and Sephiroth. By Smash standards, he's the literal BIGGEST character on that list. And SE is telling people Geno "is an afterthought" or "a lower priority" in comparison to the others? Really? That **** right there smells like reverse baiting.
You tell people who you possibly know that leak your stuff a character is "low priority" because, well, he actually isn't lol. This is THE ****ing character Sakurai want's in Smash. We have a fresh 2016 interview saying this. We have a Mii Costume with a unique splash that nobody else has.

It doesn't MATTER what people have to say about Geno and his obscurity, he's probably the most extremely relevant character to Smash itself. A decent chunk of the fanbase has wanted Geno for years. Nintendo knows it. We had a spokesperson confirm that recently.

Anyway its probably him or Chrono (or possibly both if Hitagi is at all right or legit), imho.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was directly told that Nintendo operators got hate calls over Isaac just the same as they did with Waluigi. If there is a wave 2 (since wave 1 WON'T) with AT promotions, Waluigi or Isaac would definitely be first. Then Skull Kid.
That's odd. I didn't think Isaac would have such a backlash.

I never really got into the Isaac thing. I just thought it'd be cool because specific fans of his/

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
LOL, I really feel sorry for people stupid enough to troll/hate NOA employees or troll Sakurai's twitter just because their character didn't make it. That's a way to NEVER get your character added.

Like ranting to some NOA employee who has nothing to do with the Smash development is going to do anything.

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, I never thought of calling. Honestly kinda brilliant.

Smash season must be the worst time to be a Nintendo employee.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I am sorry for all of the drama, everyone. I sincerely just do not want anybody here to be misled.
Honestly man I really respect you and what you’re trying to do. You come off as a down to earth person just trying to share information you came accross. On the flip side I don’t really have a ton of sympathy for Verg, Hitagi, etc. It takes a very specific type of person to be that kind of leaker. They’re people who get off on attention and being the person with the hot scoop even if the hot scoop is bull****. I especially don’t have respect for people like Hitagi or xenowhatever specifically due to the way they try to slam you and folks like papagenos papagenos as having false information just to make themselves look more legit. It just reeks of arrogance and insecurity.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Man, I never thought of calling. Honestly kinda brilliant.

Smash season must be the worst time to be a Nintendo employee.
Tensions are high, my guy, sometimes people snap and gotta make their opinions heard. I don't blame them, but at the same time I feel bad for the phone operators.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
That's odd. I didn't think Isaac would have such a backlash.

I never really got into the Isaac thing. I just thought it'd be cool because specific fans of his/
I'm sure everyone getting their hopes up with the Grinch leak and then him going to AT hell didn't help anyones emotions.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
All is well, friend. A little excitement doesn't hurt.

Also, as soon as I saw him post, I decided to do pie talk to (hopefully) derail any sort of confrontation and ease some tension.

Like I say people, kill'em with kindness :D

StormC

Smash Hero
Tensions are high, my guy, sometimes people snap and gotta make their opinions heard. I don't blame them, but at the same time I feel bad for the phone operators.
I know for Smash 4’s Club Nintendo I wrote a blurb expressing my disappointment over Ridley and the lack of DK content. Too bad they got rid of that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure everyone getting their hopes up with the Grinch leak and then him going to AT hell didn't help anyones emotions.
This is why I first tried to downplay the grinch leak and attempted to use photoshop to show things that could be off with it.

In the end though, I too hoped it was real.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow... I didn't realize people actually called Nintendo to complain. I just remember that Nintendo Power had a hotline in the 90's that you called where you'd get an awkward twenty something that would "uh" and "um" while clearly just reading out of a guide book.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The perfect Sunday for me personally is having no plans. Weirdly enough, having a day with no plans is great.
All is well, friend. A little excitement doesn't hurt.

Also, as soon as I saw him post, I decided to do pie talk to (hopefully) derail any sort of confrontation and ease some tension.

Like I say people, kill'em with kindness :D
Same.

And from the looks of it, that plan totally worked. Heck, if alemerltoucanet alemerltoucanet is to go by, it outlasted the leak talk!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I just wonder what it must be like if there are phone operators that aren't even huge gamers/Nintendo fans.

employee: "Hello, how may I help.....Uh-huh...(Who the hell is this Isaac guy this person is screaming about?)"

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Wow... I didn't realize actually called Nintendo to complain. I just remember that Nintendo Power had a hotline in the 90's that you call where you'd get an awkward twenty something that would "uh" and "um" while clearly just reading out of a guide book.
I called their help hotline when my SNES wasn’t working in the late 90s and they were convinced my SNES just wasn’t plugged in. They asked me like 12 times if I was sure that it was

Good times

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Same.

And from the looks of it, that plan totally worked. Heck, if alemerltoucanet alemerltoucanet is to go by, it outlasted the leak talk!
I was hoping the "!?!?" would be taken as a hint of "GOTTA CHANGE SUBJECT NOW!" lol

In all seriousness, you guys are pretty awesome. This and the General Thread is all I visit now.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
...Personally, I like to make a whip-cream pie once a year, as a special occasion for the Thanksgiving season.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I called their help hotline when my SNES wasn’t working in the late 90s and they were convinced my SNES just wasn’t plugged in. They asked me like 12 times if I was sure that it was

Good times
After you plug it in, you have to turn on the "Power Button"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Also, as a less obvious milestone, we went over 600,000 views today during the last hour or so. Honestly, with how today started in this thread, I did not imagine it would turn out like this

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I feel bad for the Nintendo Employees; but not so bad for Nintendo. I'd even encourage to keep doing it; firmly but respectively. Sakurai said some PRETTY ignorant things about Golden Sun; stuff I'm not fully forgiving him for.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I feel bad for the Nintendo Employees; but not so bad for Nintendo. I'd even encourage to keep doing it; firmly but respectively. Sakurai said some PRETTY ignorant things about Golden Sun; stuff I'm not fully forgiving him for.
Hopefully this was a big eye opener for them so we can see Isaac playable where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom