• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I typed a larger response to your previous post, which mostly addresses this:

If you want my honest, unfiltered opinion, I feel a lot of people in this thread have blown Geno up to be something more than he is. He's a popular request among diehard Smash fans but that doesn't really reflect the 10+ million people who will buy Smash Ultimate. While Sakurai has certainly shown his ability to go out of the way for fan requests for less mainstream characters like K. Rool, that doesn't mean he won't pick bigger characters either (and Geno is a far deeper cut than K. Rool was). When Cloud was revealed, I noticed some bitterness in the K. Rool thread at the time, even though Cloud is a far bigger, more iconic character, and I say this as a huge fan of both characters. If you want the thread to be approachable to outsiders (and maybe you don't, for all I know), optics are pretty important. K. Rool fans became a laughingstock to many after their reactions to the Corrin/Bayonetta DLC. I only offer my advice and perspective. If you don't want that, then that's fair, and I'll stay out of the thread because this perspective doesn't seem welcome by some.

I think some people in this thread, frankly speaking, have needed a reality check about who Geno is. If one truly believes Geno would be a more "hype" character than a more mainstream one like Sora, to the general gaming community (not just the Smash community), then there's little point in having a discussion because virtually no one outside of this thread shares that sentiment. It turns the thread into a circlejerk and that is, as I said, unpleasant.

There's nothing wrong with admitting your character is an underdog. Geno isn't some gaming titan and we have no idea whether or not he will get in. There's so little to go off of at this point. And it's okay to root for him against other, bigger characters, lord knows I stuck behind K. Rool for so long despite everything. But when discussion comes around the way of "what's so great about Dragon Quest anyway?" or "nobody but Final Fantasy fans cared about Cloud," I see it as part of a larger problem with how this thread has put Geno on a pedestal. And that snowballs into the general unpleasantness of before.

If you see my sentiment as "pearl-clutching," and are not interested in actually pondering why several people have pointed out how the way this thread conducts itself is not enjoyable, then I will simply leave as you have suggested before.
You don't have to find a thread enjoyable.

I support lots of characters but don't actively support their thread because of the people in it.

The Dixie thread, for example, has this creepy obsession with hating candy and redesigning her as a musclehead.

Though I do have to wonder if you ever went to the shantae thread to give them a "reality check", or any other thread or is there a reason the "reality police" have come here?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I brought up some points that nobody really gave a solid answer to yet. Also, I love Geno. I will reiterate that. But as other people have been saying, we need to be open to all ideas and not zone ourselves into a certain way of thinking. That's just going to make people hate the character and not want to play Super Mario RPG, and lead you all to disappointment when the character isn't in
i mean, no offense but we've talked about most of the points you brought up in length pages and pages ago

D

Deleted member

Looking at the list of leaked spirits I've noticed a couple of things.

First, a bunch of Link and Zelda incarnations. The fact that Alfonzo replaces Conductor Link regardless of which Link is on the screen would seem to point to the attitude that such a thing would be impossible in a scenario where Spirits deconfirm characters.

Second, and most important, is the existence of this View attachment 179926 guy right here. This Spirit is called Pit (Original). Unlike the Links, unlike all of K. Rool's costumes and every other naysaying opinion we have to contend with regarding Spirits, this is the exact same character as the Pit we have in the game. There's no alternate timeline stuff going on in the Kid Icarus universe--Pit is Pit.

This opens up an avenue where a character's original art, let's say for example an isometric render from the 90s, can have its own Spirit alongside the modern design for a character with no conflicts.

From this point forward I don't want to see anyone saying Spirits deconfirm characters until the day they remove Pit from the game.
See, but that's just assuming. There's also a spirit of K. Rool that's Captain K. Rool, but it's not the same character (which is why I think the Absolutly Safe Capsule means nothing) I'd love if you could show me the Pit your talking about? Does it fall under that description? Like I said I could be wrong, we won't know for sure until the DLC is out or Sakurai says for sure. Your assuming about what he said about trophies, but this is a different game
That's why I quoted xpnc xpnc post, because he shows the Pit spirit, and it isn't a fighter spirit. And yes, spirits replace trophies, Sakurai said in the direct that trophies took a lot of development time, so he decided to create spirits instead. Sounds like a replacement to me. This Pit spirit is Pit with his old design, and all the spirits use an older design, meaning that if they are DLC, they will have a new render

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
You don't have to find a thread enjoyable.

I support lots of characters but don't actively support their thread because of the people in it.

The Dixie thread, for example, has this creepy obsession with hating candy and redesigning her as a musclehead.

Though I do have to wonder if you ever went to the shantae thread to give them a "reality check", or any other thread or is there a reason the "reality police" have come here?
I can only speak for myself, but it's because I love SMRPG and it bums me out to see the Geno thread sometimes take the turns it takes. If you support a character, wouldn't you want the thread to be a more pleasant place to be? I don't really give a lick about Shantae so I don't post there.

Also... I dunno what you're reading in the Dixie thread, because I literally do not remember seeing that, at least in the past... few months?

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
i mean, no offense but we've talked about most of the points you brought up in length pages and pages ago
Well. I know that. I read them too. But yet people still diss on Dragon Quest non stop. If we are going to talk about what is obviously most likely not going to happen over Geno, might as well bring up some things that do. It's just that. Like I said, I was mostly talking about Crono and just meant we shouldn't rule out the possibility

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
Do some believe he might be our fighter?
I would be inclined to agree with you. I don't generally see ATs as deconfirmation. Only reason I don't see ATs being wave 1 dlc is because my informant told me ATs aren't being promoted, as of this DLC wave. Though they likely would if a wave 2 got decided on.
I think AT’s ‘deconfirming’ characters will be one of those smash rules that eventually gets broken, like ‘Ridley is too big to put in smash.’

Also just a shower thought here... the first DLC pack is called the “Fighter Pass.” What if they do a “Echo Pass?”

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
People come in here just to tell us Geno won't make it in.
While I'm definitely not a Geno supporter, I'd never personally try to bring down a fanbase's morale.

Anyway, with all the Squeenix stuff going on, I think Geno has a decent chance of getting in.
He's nowhere near a lock, but I can't dismiss his chances entirely, regardless of what other people say.
The fact that he's even on the list of 7 makes him more likely than all but 6 other Square characters.
For all the supporters, old and new, I hope you guys do get what you want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think AT’s ‘deconfirming’ characters will be one of those smash rules that eventually gets broken, like ‘Ridley is too big to put in smash.’

Also just a shower thought here... the first DLC pack is called the “Fighter Pass.” What if they do a “Echo Pass?”
That'd be cool, after all, when Sakurai mentioned the 5 DLC, he said "We are not talking about echo fighters." I think he was just saying that none of those 5 will be DLC, but I would love more echos, maybe to come for free with another fighter. Ninten and Porky from the Mother series would be beautiful

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would be inclined to agree with you. I don't generally see ATs as deconfirmation. Only reason I don't see ATs being wave 1 dlc is because my informant told me ATs aren't being promoted, as of this DLC wave. Though they likely would if a wave 2 got decided on.
Well, while I don’t think ATs or Spirits disconfirm characters on paper, I don’t think this time around we’ll have either of those promoted.

That’s just me expecting all third-parties for DLC.

Out of curiosity, has your informant told you anything about whether Mii Costumes, Spirits, Bosses, Background or Moveset Characters are disconfirmed? (Sorry if you’ve already been asked this)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is the Classic Pit Spirit actually not a Fighter Spirit? The given image shows his icon, not his Spirit being used.

Although, they could just rename the Geno Spirit to "Geno (Original)."

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can only speak for myself, but it's because I love SMRPG and it bums me out to see the Geno thread sometimes take the turns it takes. If you support a character, wouldn't you want the thread to be a more pleasant place to be? I don't really give a lick about Shantae so I don't post there.

Also... I dunno what you're reading in the Dixie thread, because I literally do not remember seeing that, at least in the past... few months?
A regular fan artist there took a crack at redesigning Candy to be a bit more animal-like some time ago.

Not judging, but at least there's no roleplay there these days.

I sure hope so, Ms. Pac-Man needs her time to shine once again.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
ForsakenM ForsakenM So, what did I do? Apparently something bad enough for someone to lose all respect for me?
I mean, you dropped Bill Cosby like a rock, so...

Jk, I haven't lost all respect for you, I just saw you as someone who was more level-headed and approached arguments and topics logically, but how you tackled StormC StormC and how you have been a bit more emotional over things recently has shown me that you are rather more human and less of a beacon of unfaltering neutrality and logical approach.

Storm came in here and basically accused all of us of "trying to rewrite history" as if we were menacingly manufacturing propaganda to spread to the rest of the board because of one thing one person said. If there was one person who blew things out of proportion, it was them. I even said the person's statement was wrong but I also clarified that the entire fanbase was not accountable for someone being wrong despite this weird notion that we were supposed to collectively chastise them.
You actually are doubling down though, which bothers me a bit. He never said you all were trying to rewrite history, but rather that just PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON was and it really seems like you guys flocked together to take him down when he was just trying to clear up what he saw as the biggest bubble in this echo chamber. He tried to explain himself but you weren't having it so he left because it was a waste of time. EDIT: Also if I'm correct, he was the first one to point out that Poke was factually incorrect, none of you guys did until after I believe and focused more on Storm being a 'negative nancy' than what he was trying to say.

Just to be clear, we should NEVER jump on someone for offering us an unbiased look at what we love or want, because it keeps us in a better perspective when normally we would drown ourselves in things we only want to hear. It's one of the many reasons Western politics is so piss-poor right now, and our love and dedication to Geno doesn't make us immune to bias but rather more likely to have said bias.

Also, if any of you are upset that I said 'you guys' or 'you all' in reference to those who responded uninformed to StormC as 'those who responded to StormC uninformed and somewhat aggressively' then that's on you guys for getting upset about it when you know you weren't involved. It's much like being a little kid when your mom is lecturing you on how to do something better next time when your siblings screwed up and you didn't and you shout 'But I didn't do anything wrong!' and your mom says 'I know, but this is important for you to know.' I'm not saying you are guilty, but you are part of the audience who could learn how to approach things better next time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is the Classic Pit Spirit actually not a Fighter Spirit? The given image shows his icon, not his Spirit being used.

No, the Pit spirit isn't a fighter spirit. The funny thing about all the icons is that they are also spirits

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Well. I know that. I read them too. But yet people still diss on Dragon Quest non stop. If we are going to talk about what is obviously most likely not going to happen over Geno, might as well bring up some things that do. It's just that. Like I said, I was mostly talking about Crono and just meant we shouldn't rule out the possibility
i mean, chrono still has multiple parties to work with (akira toriyama mainly) so hes definitely not as much as a possibility but square does even less with chrono than with geno and ive never seen anyone rallying for chrono in smash

D

Deleted member

i mean, chrono still has multiple parties to work with (akira toriyama mainly) so hes definitely not as much as a possibility but square does even less with chrono than with geno and ive never seen anyone rallying for chrono in smash
Well, based on a recent fan poll, there are some people who want Chrono, but yes, not as much as Geno or Sora

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

I see the name listed, just not the actual picture the spirit. It doesn't show up as a fighting spirit. Maybe Support or Primary?

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
That's why I quoted xpnc xpnc post, because he shows the Pit spirit, and it isn't a fighter spirit. And yes, spirits replace trophies, Sakurai said in the direct that trophies took a lot of development time, so he decided to create spirits instead. Sounds like a replacement to me. This Pit spirit is Pit with his old design, and all the spirits use an older design, meaning that if they are DLC, they will have a new render
I'll look at it in a bit. You mean classic as in original Chibi Pit right? That still doesn't count. It's the same as Pirate K. Rool, and Pit already was in the game since Brawl before the Spirit was added. So instead of Pit, he'll be called Classic Pit? Like Pirate K. Rool? That's a difference from just outright saying Geno

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my posts , or gave the feeling that I think Geno is a lock.

Most of my speculation is based around the fact that we're getting a SE rep as DLC first , because of what Vergeben and PolarPanda said.

And after a lot of diging , I think others SE reps (except Sora , he's Disney , and Nintendo negotiating with Disney to promote a game not even on their console ? Kinda silly.) have a shot , but I found it frustrating that Geno , at this point , is just staying there.
He's already in Smash , and there was no necessity to bring him back. He seem so easy to get , and if SE want simple money , he's the best character they have.
He's the most requested they have , cost little to no money , they can share profit easily ...

Others pure SE rep are either , not requested at all , or have licencing issues (Sephiroth must come with One Winged Angel , and there is a reason we only have 2 FF7 tracks.).

And DQ/Crono are a legal mess. Like , DQ alone is 4 differents parties + Nintendo/Sora Limited. That's much more than any other third party in the game.

It's just that I found this situation frustrating.

But we'll see , after all , a lot of people hated how Konami handled Castlevania and MGS theses last few years , but hey , now they have 3 characters in Smash , 2 stages , almost 50 music tracks , 2 ATs , and a lot of Spirits.

Maybe SE will one day realize how beneficial SSB can be to them...

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'll look at it in a bit. You mean classic as in original Chibi Pit right? That still doesn't count. It's the same as Pirate K. Rool, and Pit already was in the game since Brawl before the Spirit was added. So instead of Pit, he'll be called Classic Pit? Like Pirate K. Rool? That's a difference from just outright saying Geno
not.. really. kaptain k rool is still the same person as k rool and pit is still the same person as pit lol. dont quote me.on this but i remember seeing a screenshot of a daisy spirit of a gamecube era render and she was just called daisy

D

Deleted member

That's the same Pit, with his OLD design, and guess what all these spirits use? An OLD/OLDER design. So yes, this does count, Pit is Pit. The K Rool spirit is Kaptain K Rool, not King K Rool. This Pit spirit is PIT, with his OLD design, which is something that all the spirits use!

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if you go back to July this year or Brawl, he had a pretty decent following on other places from what I could see. Nobody was asking for Simon like they used to, but we still got him instead of Bomberman

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yep, the old Brawl thread will be surpassed by next week for sure at this rate. It's kinda difficult to keep up.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
People are unironically making new accounts/posting in here for the first time ever and telling us we're running our own thread wrong lmfao

I ask once again, do you guys know that there is a general discussion thread where you can talk about whoever you want? Don't come in here and be surprised that we're supporting/defending Geno logically

I'd tell you all to go post in the DQ character support thread, but you'd be shouting into an empty void :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

not.. really. kaptain k rool is still the same person as k rool and pit is still the same person as pit lol. dont quote me.on this but i remember seeing a screenshot of a daisy spirit of a gamecube era render and she was just called daisy
Well, actually, the Daisy spirit is a fighter spirit, which can't be equipped, but yes, the Pit spirit is Pit with his old design, something that all the spirits use, and Pit is playable

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
That's the same Pit, with his OLD design, and guess what all these spirits use? An OLD/OLDER design. So yes, this does count, Pit is Pit. The K Rool spirit is Kaptain K Rool, not King K Rool. This Pit spirit is PIT, with his OLD design, which is something that all the spirits use!
Okay. I know Pirate K. Rool is different. He has a different name. But what is the Pit Spirit called? Someone mentioned Daisy, but she is a last minute thing like Chrom, not a new fighter. Also, a lot of spirits are called something else then (name) I think. But prove me wrong. That's why I said Safe Capsule doesn't deconfirm Porky, as it would be Safe Capsule (Porky) and not just Safe Capsule

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking to much about it, but what I'm saying makes sense to me at least

Like if it says Classic Pit. That's not Pit. That's Classic Pit. Where as Geno is just Geno

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Also, if any of you are upset that I said 'you guys' or 'you all' in reference to those who responded uninformed to StormC as 'those who responded to StormC uninformed and somewhat aggressively' then that's on you guys for getting upset about it when you know you weren't involved. It's much like being a little kid when your mom is lecturing you on how to do something better next time when your siblings screwed up and you didn't and you shout 'But I didn't do anything wrong!' and your mom says 'I know, but this is important for you to know.' I'm not saying you are guilty, but you are part of the audience who could learn how to approach things better next time.
So it's guilt by association, then? Acceptable losses for the greater narrative? Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with your overall message, but it's pretty unfair to paint a community in broad strokes when it's a couple people doing wrong.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
That's fair enough Polar. But again that's just assuming. I could also ask why remove obvious ones though? Sylux is another one that comes to mind. Here's hoping your right
To be fair here, there's a ton of franchises represented in Smash and each franchise has a plethora of characters. I don't think they can include all of them. There's definitely going to be a handful of characters that can't get Spirits. I don't think that means anything for some characters chances.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
People are unironically making new accounts/posting in here for the first time ever and telling us we're running our own thread wrong lmfao

I ask once again, do you guys know that there is a general discussion thread where you can talk about whoever you want? Don't come in here and be surprised that we're supporting/defending Geno logically

I'd tell you all to go post in the DQ character support thread, but you'd be shouting into an empty void :)
I've been noticing this for quite awhile now, but my GOD are you passive-aggressive af, leaning more towards the aggressive.

This is what I'm talking about. We GET that this is the forum that favors Geno, that loves Geno, that wants Geno in Smash. But you know what this isnt'? The 'Geno is a LOCK guys, no chance anyone else from Square gets in at ALL!' subthread.

Acting the way you do makes us look like asshats to people who maybe do like Geno and would like to see him, but like another character more and want to see why we think Geno has the upperhand.

Also, if these other characters either don't have threads or have inactive threads, we are actually the next best place to go for info on other reps considering the circumstances.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Okay. I know Pirate K. Rool is different. He has a different name. But what is the Pit Spirit called? Someone mentioned Daisy, but she is a last minute thing like Chrom, not a new fighter. Also, a lot of spirits are called something else then (name) I think. But prove me wrong. That's why I said Safe Capsule doesn't deconfirm Porky, as it would be Safe Capsule (Porky) and not just Safe Capsule

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking to much about it, but what I'm saying makes sense to me at least
You're the classic case of a newbie coming in here making claims/arguments without reading any of the previous 388 pages.

You want to know why barely anyone is acknowledging you? Because the answer to your question has been answered 200 times in this thread and we're not here to spoonfeed you the answers again. Stop demanding people answer you and do some reading

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
has shown me that you are rather more human and less of a beacon of unfaltering neutrality and logical approach.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with being more emotional, from time to time? :)

It reminds me that the users here, are actual people, and that comment is nothing against anyone here at all! It's just that, sometimes, it can be hard to remember that the people here, are actual human beings, because, as this is only a gaming forum, it can be hard to connect with everyone... If everyone's posts contained no emotion, at all, it would be even to harder to connect with people, I'd think.

It's also good to let out your feelings, sometimes. So they don't all build up inside you. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I typed a larger response to your previous post, which mostly addresses this:

If you want my honest, unfiltered opinion, I feel a lot of people in this thread have blown Geno up to be something more than he is. He's a popular request among diehard Smash fans but that doesn't really reflect the 10+ million people who will buy Smash Ultimate. While Sakurai has certainly shown his ability to go out of the way for fan requests for less mainstream characters like K. Rool, that doesn't mean he won't pick bigger characters either (and Geno is a far deeper cut than K. Rool was). When Cloud was revealed, I noticed some bitterness in the K. Rool thread at the time, even though Cloud is a far bigger, more iconic character, and I say this as a huge fan of both characters. If you want the thread to be approachable to outsiders (and maybe you don't, for all I know), optics are pretty important. K. Rool fans became a laughingstock to many after their reactions to the Corrin/Bayonetta DLC. I only offer my advice and perspective. If you don't want that, then that's fair, and I'll stay out of the thread because this perspective doesn't seem welcome by some.

I think some people in this thread, frankly speaking, have needed a reality check about who Geno is. If one truly believes Geno would be a more "hype" character than a more mainstream one like Sora, to the general gaming community (not just the Smash community), then there's little point in having a discussion because virtually no one outside of this thread shares that sentiment. It turns the thread into a circlejerk and that is, as I said, unpleasant.

There's nothing wrong with admitting your character is an underdog. Geno isn't some gaming titan and we have no idea whether or not he will get in. There's so little to go off of at this point. And it's okay to root for him against other, bigger characters, lord knows I stuck behind K. Rool for so long despite everything. But when discussion comes around the way of "what's so great about Dragon Quest anyway?" or "nobody but Final Fantasy fans cared about Cloud," I see it as part of a larger problem with how this thread has put Geno on a pedestal. And that snowballs into the general unpleasantness of before.

If you see my sentiment as "pearl-clutching," and are not interested in actually pondering why several people have pointed out how the way this thread conducts itself is not enjoyable, then I will simply leave as you have suggested before.
Your advice? Your perspective? I need to "ponder" somethings? Excuse me? Don't insult my intelligence. I'm 3 years older than you and have been here 12 years to your 4. Do you really not grasp how condescensing that is, attempting to pull me aside and put me on your knee like wise ol' Pap-Pap? Your complaints about "unpleasantness" basically stem from opinions you don't like. As I've said before, people can say what they want within the forum rules. Not everything spoken has to be agreeable. People can love Dragon Quest. People can loathe it. They're free to do so and, yes, openly say it. If hearing opinions you don't like ruins your experience, that's entirely on you, not us. You are responsible for your own feelings unless someone here directly insults you.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
mother 3 is one of my all time favorite games but i have no idea how porky would work as a fighter lol
He could be in his Mech like Bowser Jr. Both EarthBound and Mother 3 could work because they sized up the Mech for Brawl. Just take the boss fight, add some stuff. Final Smash is either Gygas or Masked Man pulling the needle. But this yeah probably wrong thread to talk about that lol

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Jk, I haven't lost all respect for you, I just saw you as someone who was more level-headed and approached arguments and topics logically, but how you tackled StormC StormC and how you have been a bit more emotional over things recently has shown me that you are rather more human and less of a beacon of unfaltering neutrality and logical approach.
Having been a member in here for a long time, I find that the best way to be neutral is to branch out to multiple threads and be open to many possibilities and sides of the debate.

That said, nobody is unfallible. We're not machines.

He could be in his Mech like Bowser Jr. Both EarthBound and Mother 3 could work because they shrunk down the Mech for Brawl. Just take the boss fight, add some stuff. Final Smash is either Gygas or Masked Man pulling the needle. But this yeah probably wrong thread to talk about that lol
Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's brief. Still a better alternative than having it drowned out in the black sea that is the Ultimate general thread.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I mean, you dropped Bill Cosby like a rock, so...

You actually are doubling down though, which bothers me a bit. He never said you all were trying to rewrite history, but rather that just PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON was and it really seems like you guys flocked together to take him down when he was just trying to clear up what he saw as the biggest bubble in this echo chamber. He tried to explain himself but you weren't having it so he left because it was a waste of time. EDIT: Also if I'm correct, he was the first one to point out that Poke was factually incorrect, none of you guys did until after I believe and focused more on Storm being a 'negative nancy' than what he was trying to say.

Just to be clear, we should NEVER jump on someone for offering us an unbiased look at what we love or want, because it keeps us in a better perspective when normally we would drown ourselves in things we only want to hear. It's one of the many reasons Western politics is so piss-poor right now, and our love and dedication to Geno doesn't make us immune to bias but rather more likely to have said bias.

My man, again, get off your high horse. You’ve had an account for like 2 months. You’re not a mod. You don’t need to mini-mod or lecture anyone here. You bringing up a discussion that ended a few days ago that everyone had since moved on from if anything is highly unproductive and has completely derailed the thread into being more about he said/she said bull**** drama than actual discussion regarding the thread’s topic: Geno. StormC doesn’t need anyone to white Knight for them. If they still had an issue with what was being discussed they could have brought it up themselves.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I've been noticing this for quite awhile now, but my GOD are you passive-aggressive af, leaning more towards the aggressive.

This is what I'm talking about. We GET that this is the forum that favors Geno, that loves Geno, that wants Geno in Smash. But you know what this isnt'? The 'Geno is a LOCK guys, no chance anyone else from Square gets in at ALL!' subthread.

Acting the way you do makes us look like asshats to people who maybe do like Geno and would like to see him, but like another character more and want to see why we think Geno has the upperhand.

Also, if these other characters either don't have threads or have inactive threads, we are actually the next best place to go for info on other reps considering the circumstances.
As stated constantly, no one in here thinks Geno is anywhere close to a lock, nor do we think no other SE rep has a chance. As stated. All. The. Time.

We are BTFO every single game bro. No one here is delusional enough to think this is a closed case.

And I really don't care whether or not you have a problem with my posting style, I'm making the points I want to make

D

Deleted member

Even if Porky was a spirit, he wouldn't be deconfirmed. The Pit spirit is just called Pit, but even if it wasn't, all the spirits use an older design, is what I am getting at. Nintendo is choosing the DLC as well, they aren't going to look through 1,297 spirits to see if the character they suggested can't be used. Besides, it's a PNG. Chrom can be playable, in Robin's final Smash, and a Mii costume, what is stopping a PNG from being playable? Spirits don't deconfirm, there isn't any argument to say that they do, and don't quote me again, I'm tired of explaining why characters who are spirits are still in the running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom