• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I thought this was the Geno support thread who happened to have someone with information.

Not the Telenovelas / drama thread.

Let's all calm down, and find another subject of discussion instead of acting like children comparing our E-penis of how long we've been here/experience/numbers of posts as if it mattered

paper roxy

Smash Ace
He could be in his Mech like Bowser Jr. Both EarthBound and Mother 3 could work because they shrunk down the Mech for Brawl. Just take the boss fight, add some stuff. Final Smash is either Gygas or Masked Man pulling the needle. But this yeah probably wrong thread to talk about that lol
i think the only porky that would work is earthbound porky just because of how big his mech is in mother 3

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey, so...

Just as a general rule, everybody? Everything is possible, we really know nothing, asserting anything unconfirmed by Nintendo as truth is not a great idea, and everyone is responsible for their own reactions to everyone else. Jerks will be jerks, people will believe what they want to, and trying to change others or blame them for your reactions or feelings is trying to avoid looking at your own part in the problem.

So in short...chill, everybody. Be respectful, speak your mind, but don't expect anyone to owe you the reaction you want to get.

StormC

Smash Hero
Your advice? Your perspective? I need to "ponder" somethings? Excuse me? Don't insult my intelligence. I'm 3 years older than you and have been here 12 years to your 4. Do you really not grasp how condescensing that is, attempting to pull me aside and put me on your knee like wise ol' Pap-Pap? Your complaints about "unpleasantness" basically stem from opinions you don't like. As I've said before, people can say what they want within the forum rules. Not everything spoken has to be agreeable. People can love Dragon Quest. People can loathe it. They're free to do so and, yes, openly say it. If hearing opinions you don't like ruins your experience, that's entirely on you, not us. You are responsible for your own feelings unless someone here directly insults you.
I am not sure why my age or membership experience is relevant to this discussion. I'm sorry you feel I'm being condescending. I'll take this as an indirect request to leave, because I would rather not continue a discussion that neither of us seems to feel is productive.

I wish Geno the best of luck.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Okay. I know Pirate K. Rool is different. He has a different name. But what is the Pit Spirit called? Someone mentioned Daisy, but she is a last minute thing like Chrom, not a new fighter. Also, a lot of spirits are called something else then (name) I think. But prove me wrong. That's why I said Safe Capsule doesn't deconfirm Porky, as it would be Safe Capsule (Porky) and not just Safe Capsule

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking to much about it, but what I'm saying makes sense to me at least
Concerning the Spirits... Leaving some of them out is still weird.

A spirit is just a .jpg and an event match , don't take much time. The absolutely safe capsule beeing here and not Porky is either a very clever joke , or a big red flag.
I mean , even if there isn't a Porky artwork , they could use his spirite. Or as you said , his Brawl model.

But in the end of the day , I doubt that it would be disconfirmations...

We don't know if DLCs characters have a role in WoL...
We don't know if Nintendo cared about this...
And if 1000+ characters is out... The only one left are:

-Completely new Nintendo characters.
-Characters from unrepresented Third party franchises. (wich aren't already Spirits , and the two most popular indies beside Steve didn't scratched the AT role...)...

And if one character was a spirit , they could easily edit his name like "X Character (Retro)".

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Okay. I know Pirate K. Rool is different. He has a different name. But what is the Pit Spirit called? Someone mentioned Daisy, but she is a last minute thing like Chrom, not a new fighter. Also, a lot of spirits are called something else then (name) I think. But prove me wrong. That's why I said Safe Capsule doesn't deconfirm Porky, as it would be Safe Capsule (Porky) and not just Safe Capsule

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking to much about it, but what I'm saying makes sense to me at least

Like if it says Classic Pit. That's not Pit. That's Classic Pit. Where as Geno is just Geno
It's called "Pit (Original)"

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I think AT’s ‘deconfirming’ characters will be one of those smash rules that eventually gets broken, like ‘Ridley is too big to put in smash.’

Also just a shower thought here... the first DLC pack is called the “Fighter Pass.” What if they do a “Echo Pass?”
It would actually be a lot easier to make an AT playable than many people believe. ATs already have some work on them such as models and animations. They could probably reuse said animations, tweak a couple things, and then add in some new things and there ya go. It'd definitely still take a lot of work like any playable character, but the effort wouldn't be as much compared to developing a character from scratch.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Even if Porky was a spirit, he wouldn't be deconfirmed. The Pit spirit is just called Pit, but even if it wasn't, all the spirits use an older design, is what I am getting at. Nintendo is choosing the DLC as well, they aren't going to look through 1,297 spirits to see if the character they suggested can't be used. Besides, it's a PNG. Chrom can be playable, in Robin's final Smash, and a Mii costume, what is stopping a PNG from being playable? Spirits don't deconfirm, there isn't any argument to say that they do, and don't quote me again, I'm tired of explaining why characters who are spirits are still in the running
If I'm correct, we also have TWO Ness Spirits, one fighter and one not.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
It would actually be a lot easier to make an AT playable than many people believe. ATs already have some work on them such as models and animations. They could probably reuse said animations, tweak a couple things, and then add in some new things and there ya go. It'd definitely still take a lot of work like any playable character, but the effort wouldn't be as much compared to developing a character from scratch.
yea, making an at a fighter (especially with how fleshed out they are in ultimate) is basically like doing half of your homework at school and finishing it later. its still doing the work but some of it is already done when you start finishing it

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i think the only porky that would work is earthbound porky just because of how big his mech is in mother 3
He could be in his Mech like Bowser Jr. Both EarthBound and Mother 3 could work because they shrunk down the Mech for Brawl. Just take the boss fight, add some stuff. Final Smash is either Gygas or Masked Man pulling the needle. But this yeah probably wrong thread to talk about that lol
His mech in Brawl was actually sized up, they'd still need to shrink it or its legs a little but even if left like it originally was in Mother 3, Porky being playable in Smash with his bed mech would make him be around Bowser's or Ridley's size in height.

If he was in as his Earthbound incarnation, then they'd need to fit him in a more-compact mech if they wanted to keep Porky himself around Ness's and Lucas's size.

I do find it odd that he's not a Spirit; Ness and Ninten use their official clay models, they could've at least given Earthbound Porky a Spirit using his clay model.

If I'm correct, we also have TWO Ness Spirits, one fighter and one not.
From what I've seen, we only have one Ness Spirit (which uses his clay model) and one for Ness's or Ninten's father (which uses the phone sprite from either Mother/Earthbound Beginnings or Earthbound).

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Even if Porky was a spirit, he wouldn't be deconfirmed. The Pit spirit is just called Pit, but even if it wasn't, all the spirits use an older design, is what I am getting at. Nintendo is choosing the DLC as well, they aren't going to look through 1,297 spirits to see if the character they suggested can't be used. Besides, it's a PNG. Chrom can be playable, in Robin's final Smash, and a Mii costume, what is stopping a PNG from being playable? Spirits don't deconfirm, there isn't any argument to say that they do, and don't quote me again, I'm tired of explaining why characters who are spirits are still in the running
Fine I won't. But I'll just say this. My point was that maybe the roster was decided a while ago, and that Nintendo chose the DLC a while ago maybe, which is why no Rex for DLC. So Sakurai purposely took out Spirits, or didn't put them in, as everything was already decided. What your saying makes sense for a supposed second season (if we got one) but not Wave 1. See? Sorry if I'm making you mad

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I thought this was the Geno support thread who happened to have someone with information.

Let's all calm down, and find another subject of discussion instead of acting like children comparing our E-penis of how long we've been here/experience/numbers of posts as if it mattered
People randomly decided to come down on the thread as a whole and accuse us of being an echochamber of toxicity and bad actors over a minor discussion from a few days ago. People should be able to stand up for themselves and point out the ridiculous hypocrisy going on if someone is specifically calling them out. That said:

What is your favorite animal and if Geno gets in how will you celebrate?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fine I won't. But I'll just say this. My point was that maybe the roster was decided a while ago, and that Nintendo chose the DLC a while ago maybe, which is why no Rex for DLC. So Sakurai purposely took out Spirits, or didn't put them in, as everything was already decided. What your saying makes sense for a supposed second season (if we got one) but not Wave 1. See? Sorry if I'm making you mad
That's one way to look at it, but look at it this way: Sakurai wants to make sure that every character who is important to Nintendo who wasn't in the base roster was represented as a spirit, thus making spirits instead of trophies to save development time, so it's natural that Geno is just one of these. Also, if we are going by your logic, then there would have been no way for Mewtwo and Lucas becoming playable in Smash 4 as DLC.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
People randomly decided to come down on the thread as a whole and accuse us of being and echochamber of toxicity and bad actors over a minor discussion from a few days ago. People should be able to stand up for themselves and point out the ridiculous hypocrisy going on if someone is specifically calling them out. That said:

My favorite animal are cats !(Yeah , I have a Lopunny profile pic , I know).

I think I would just message my closest Friends with a big "GENO IS IN SMASH AAAAAAAAAAAAA" , watch his trailer 50 Times , while listening to the "Slope theme" from SMRPG.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Fantastic point, actually. I never considered that before. I'd say the only reason we don't think of this more is that it hasn't been done yet--it's always taken till the next game to promote an assist. But Ultimate does break a ton of rules...

Perhaps we'll actually see it happen this time?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
i mean, thats assuming sakurai handpicked all 1.3k spirits so they wouldnt possibly overlap with dlc fighters or fighters, which makes even less sense when the dlc was only finalized shortly before the game went gold

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
His mech in Brawl was actually sized up, they'd still need to shrink it or its legs a little but even if left like it originally was in Mother 3, Porky being playable in Smash with his bed mech would make him being around Bowser's or Ridley's size in height.

If he was in as his Earthbound incarnation, then they'd need to fit him in a more-compact mech if they wanted to keep Porky himself around Ness's and Lucas's size.

I do find it odd that he's not a Spirit; Ness and Ninten use their official clay models, they could've at least given Earthbound Porky a Spirit using his clay model.

From what I've seen, we only have one Ness Spirit (which uses his clay model) and one for Ness's or Ninten's father (which uses the phone sprite from either Mother/Earthbound Beginnings or Earthbound).
Exactly. Or even the Brawl Model. My bad I do mean that they sized him up just confused my words

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question to help us move on from this "echochamber" drama:

Suppose Geno gets in, and he brings 5 SMRPG music tracks with him. Which ones would you want?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
People randomly decided to come down on the thread as a whole and accuse us of being and echochamber of toxicity and bad actors over a minor discussion from a few days ago. People should be able to stand up for themselves and point out the ridiculous hypocrisy going on if someone is specifically calling them out. That said:

my favorite animal is an axolotl!!! id probably celebrate by doing yet another mario rpg series playthrough (aka doing mario rpg, the mario and luigi games (sans paper jam) and the paper mario series (sans sticker star and colorsplash) back to back)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So it's guilt by association, then? Acceptable losses for the greater narrative? Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with your overall message, but it's pretty unfair to paint a community in broad strokes when it's a couple people doing wrong.
I'm glad KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 was passive-aggressive again so I could respond to you without double-posting. EDIT: Damn, now it's not even a funny joke because like a billion people posted since then. Curse you SLOW FINGERS!

It's less like you are guilty by association and more of a combination of having to constantly write things out in detail when it should be obvious if you are part of the issue or not and that I was never directly saying anyone who wasn't a part of the situation was a problem. Other people in the thread made the mistake, but everyone can learn from it, but typing out 'those who responded to StormC is such an uninformed and slightly aggressive manner' each time I refer to the two or three people who did so seems a bit much.

Frankly I agree with what you just said because I hate that idea. It's like when one kid is a prick in class but the whole class has to take a pop quiz as punishment for what one class clown did or said: It's not fair, but it's effective as all hell on multiple levels sadly.

Hey, so...

Just as a general rule, everybody? Everything is possible, we really know nothing, asserting anything unconfirmed by Nintendo as truth is not a great idea, and everyone is responsible for their own reactions to everyone else. Jerks will be jerks, people will believe what they want to, and trying to change others or blame them for your reactions or feelings is trying to avoid looking at your own part in the problem.

So in short...chill, everybody. Be respectful, speak your mind, but don't expect anyone to owe you the reaction you want to get.
Honestly I feel just like this but I fear I may have opened a can of worms be exposing some of the unhealthy bias and means of responding that this thread has. I apologize for disrupting the natural flow but with the fact that some people like Datboigeno Datboigeno are saying I'm on a high horse and pulling account and activity dates like it's some sort of ranking system when I just want us to have more respect for each other and not incur more wrath than we already get by the larger portion of our own community and we have people here that make us look like insufferable fanboys and I have to say that maybe I started something that needed to be started?

I apologize all the same though. This is the last I will say about it after this last bit here...

I am not sure why my age or membership experience is relevant to this discussion. I'm sorry you feel I'm being condescending. I'll take this as an indirect request to leave, because I would rather not continue a discussion that neither of us seems to feel is productive.

I wish Geno the best of luck.
This is the EXACT problem I see here. Just dudes who want to have unbiased conversations about Geno's chances who pop in here because, as fans of the character, we would know all the pros and cons he has going for him. Sure, we have losers who come in just to troll and trash Geno, but who cares about them? If we approach everyone who comes in here like they are a troll, then how are we much better than those actual trolls? Feel free to keep pushing people out of our thread though if you like, just be wary on where that leads.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with being more emotional, from time to time? :)

It reminds me that the users here, are actual people, and that comment is nothing against anyone here at all! It's just that, sometimes, it can be hard to remember that the people here, are actual human beings, because, as this is only a gaming forum, it can be hard to connect with everyone... If everyone's posts contained no emotion, at all, it would be even to harder to connect with people, I'd think.

It's also good to let out your feelings, sometimes. So they don't all build up inside you. :)
Fair enough, but so far it's not panning out well here.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace

Suppose Geno gets in, and he brings 5 SMRPG music tracks with him. Which ones would you want?
barrel volcano, beware the forests mushrooms, fight against an armed foe, and both of smithy's battle themes

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice

Midas River
Fight Against an Armed Boss
Beware the Forest Mushrooms
Hello Happy Kingdom
Smithy theme
Bonus: Booster Tower

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
People randomly decided to come down on the thread as a whole and accuse us of being an echochamber of toxicity and bad actors over a minor discussion from a few days ago. People should be able to stand up for themselves and point out the ridiculous hypocrisy going on if someone is specifically calling them out. That said:

Polar Bear for sure. My dog of 12 years looked exactly like one and I try to donate to their conservation efforts a couple times a year. Even "adopted" one a couple years back haha.

If Geno gets in I'll most likely cry because I'd be getting the only video game thing I've asked for in my life for the past 12 years finally. Was fully ready to lose my **** during that SE love fest in the September Direct where they kept showing off SE games coming to Switch

D

Deleted member

My favorite animal is a giraffe, and I will replay Super Mario RPG, drool at the CGI in Geno's reveal trailer, and say I told you so to all the Sora fans who thought I was in denial

I would want Forest Maze theme, Armed Boss, Battle against Smithy, Battle against a somewhat stronger monster, and the Mushroom Kingdom theme (in Super Mario RPG)

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
That's one way to look at it, but look at it this way: Sakurai wants to make sure that every character who is important to Nintendo who wasn't in the base roster was represented as a spirit, thus making spirits instead of trophies to save development time, so it's natural that Geno is just one of these. Also, if we are going by your logic, then there would have been no way for Mewtwo and Lucas becoming playable in Smash 4 as DLC.
Yes. But this is a different game. And by that logic, why are certain important Spirits oddly missing. Even not counting Porky, there's is other notable ones that are missing. You said it yourself, he wanted to make everyone playable as a Spirit. So why not those ones?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Yes. But this is a different game. And by that logic, why are certain important Spirits oddly missing. Even not counting Porky, there's is other notable ones that are missing. You said it yourself, he wanted to make everyone playable as a Spirit. So why not those ones?
think of it this way: if characters were deconfirmed by spirits, itd be way to obvious who would be dlc based on which spirits are missing, and i cant see nintendo working like that.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
i mean, thats assuming sakurai handpicked all 1.3k spirits so they wouldnt possibly overlap with dlc fighters or fighters, which makes even less sense when the dlc was only finalized shortly before the game went gold
Yes, but finalized doesn't mean decided. They could have picked them a while ago and just finished negation for say third parties. Besides, stuff like Bayonetta has happened, and we know she wasn't being developed, so it's not like he isn't afraid to do innocent white lies

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I guess penguins, and I already stated what would happen before, but I'll repeat myself on that.

I would ugly cry so hard that my entire street would file noise complaints and then I would go buy Ultimate along with the Switch I need to play it with and the Fighter's Pass.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it be asinine from a marketing standpoint to basically ADMIT the DLC characters; if spirits really do equal deconfirmed and lack of spirit equals DLC? They'd be showing all their cards.

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
think of it this way: if characters were deconfirmed by spirits, itd be way to obvious who would be dlc based on which spirits are missing, and i cant see nintendo working like that.
True. Like I said I could be wrong

Edit:To be fair though, it'd only give away first Party's, so third parties would be a secret but I don't know. I feel like first party stuff will connect to promotional, but not recent. Like say Porky for Mother collection on 30th, Marshal for Rhythm Heaven Switch, and Sylux Prime 4? I don't know. It's just weird to me that not only are they missing Spirits, but unlike Adeleine, some of these make NO sense to be gone. (I like Adeleine btw not hating. Can just see why Sakurai wouldn't put her as one)

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice

I like a lot of animals. Maybe a penguin? And of course play him in smash when he's out lol

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Yes, but finalized doesn't mean decided. They could have picked them a while ago and just finished negation for say third parties. Besides, stuff like Bayonetta has happened, and we know she wasn't being developed, so it's not like he isn't afraid to do innocent white lies
that would be counting your chickens before they hatch which isnt something you should ever do, especially in business relations like these

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I apologize for disrupting the natural flow but with the fact that some people like Datboigeno Datboigeno are saying I'm on a high horse and pulling account and activity dates like it's some sort of ranking system when I just want us to have more respect for each other and not incur more wrath than we already get by the larger portion of our own community and we have people here that make us look like insufferable fanboys and I have to say that maybe I started something that needed to be started?
I’m pointing out your account date because you’re trying to mini-mod the thread and talk down to specific people and the thread as a whole as if you know us or have some sort of imagined authority. You’re talking down to the thread as if you’re somehow morally superior and are trying to tell us how we should be posting. You don’t need to thought police anyone here over some insecure fear regarding how we’re perceived by the rest of the internet. What you started was the derailment of a thread over a non-issue from several days ago that everyone had moved on from.

D

Deleted member

This is a different game, and that doesn't change anything, and what you don't seem to get is the SPIRITS ARE A REPLACEMENT OF TROPHIES. Your argument is that this is a different game, so anything can happen, and I explained numerous times that you should just accept the fact the SPIRITS do NOT deconfirm, because there is a playable character with a spirit, and the replacement of spirits had an example of characters being trophies and then turned to being playable! Porky is represented by the absolutely safe capsule as a spirit, but not being a spirit does NOT increase your chances! Spirits do not deconfirm, and your argument that they do is "this is a different game." Your argument is in the sense of "anything can happen," your statement doesn't prove anything, but my points have shown that SPIRITS do NOT deconfirm! Just accept it, you keep reusing your arguments that have already been disproven

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Real subtle potshot there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom