• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Let's change things up a little guys.

What is your favorite color and how old were you when you first played SMRPG?

I have a theory that the color of a character had a lot of influence as to who people liked as a child.

My favorite color is blue and I was 7 when the game was released and when I played SMRPG.
Purple and 7 for me. I started a car wash business that summer in my neighborhood and managed to save up enough money by the end of the summer to buy myself an SNES (Bundled with Donkey Kong Country) and a copy of Mario RPG.

Last edited:

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Favorite color: Green

Age that I first played SMRPG: 5, a month after my birthday in 1996.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Purple, 7. It wasn't my first rpg, but it was the first one to stick, Chrono Trigger and FF6 didn't interest me much because turn based battles were boring. Timed hits in smrpg made me stick with it, and its my second favorite game of all time.

link2702

Smash Champion
Favorite color blue, played it the year it was released, as there was no way we could afford an n64 when it would release later, so snes games it was. Didn’t even get the n64 till around when oot had already released.

Sadly I no longer have my original snes cartridge of smrpg(or many of my snes games). I’ve been slowly trying to rebuild my original collection. I did buy a replacement a few months ago and made absolutely sure it was authentic, but it definitely doesn’t feel the same.

Also in the process of soldering new batteries in all my snes carts and the one n64 game that I own with a battery (oot) which has been an “interesting” project to say the least. Not sure if I should attempt Mario rpg’s battery though...

Last edited:

NanoGeno

Smash Rookie
Since we’re talking about our first time playing SMRPG, I figured now would be a good time to tell you guys the story of how I discovered Geno. I grew up with the GameCube and one of my first RPG’s was Paper Mario TTYD. I was blown away by this game (probably still one of my favorite games of all time.)

Anyways after discovering my love for TTYD, I looked at the history of the game and found Paper Mario 64, which I also played and loved. From there, I found Super Mario RPG and was amazed at how well the game had held up over the years. I was surprised that despite being older than Paper Mario, SMRPG still had a great story, dialogue, humor, and characters just like the games that came after it.

I also grew up with smash bros, starting with melee, so my love for the Mario RPGs and Smash Bros combined once I saw the support for Geno. Ever since then I’ve been hoping and supporting Geno like many of you. For me, not only was Geno the coolest character in SMRPG, he also helps represent the start of the great Mario RPG spinoff games which I adore.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Favorite color: Green

First played SMRPG: around 5 years old. Mallow was my favorite back in those days.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I like complementary colors. But if you want to know my favourites, It's Celeste/Cyan, Blue in general and Cherry Blossom Pink.

And my first experience with SMRPG was at the tail end of my time with my first console (SNES) and it being my 4th RPG i've played as a kid. (Earthbound being first)

Note that i'm 20 years old at the current moment, Grew up in a gaming household as Youngest.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I can recall my first time playing Mario RPG. It was at my 1st grade teacher's house. She had a son who was older and had "all the coolest video games" (I was like 5 or 6 in I believe 1997)

They had the Nintendo 64 which was the newer flashy game system that I really liked. (And was asking for my next Birthday) However, we did play the SNES a bit. We played Yoshi's Island and Mario Paint (which I couldn't figure out due to lack of Mouse) But we ended up playing Super Mario RPG. I liked the weird blocky Mario on the front and did not know what RPG meant so I was fascinated.

The file was pretty far ahead. We messed around at Barrel Volcano with a party member of Mario, Bowser and Mallow. I also learned that Bowser and Peach were called Koopa and Toadstool. The only glimpse I got of Geno was when he leveled up. (We sadly did not get to play with him)

What my favorite memory was going there and learning that you can take a shower as Mario and then get yelled at in the Marrymore Hotel for staying overnight too long. Then after showing a guest to his room, you can take a shower in front of him. My little brain found that to be the funniest thing ever.

Years went by without me seeing or hearing of that game since then. At least until 2006.

I started using the internet more trying to find cool video game stuff and really trying to see if you could really unlock Sonic and Toad in Melee. By this time, I started looking at sites like Newgrounds and Gamefaqs. By this time I played Paper Mario64, TTYD and SuperStar Saga. Going onto Newgrounds, I recognized the character from the Smash Stache mini game but more importantly, I started realizing this was the game that I remembered from a long time ago. Revisiting the game, the characters were really neat. Something that made me love Mario initially as well as games like Sunshine and Galaxy and the Paper Mario games. Mario is usually at his best when he is taking you someplace new and not running the same "New Super Mario Bros" formula.

Since then, I was hooked on Mario RPG and Geno in particular. He had the coolest special moves ever! When you have a character who can one shot a boss, you know you are dealing with someone who is packing some serious heat. Since then I have been pushing for Geno to be in Smash Bros.....

I am so tired.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly, I fully expect Geno to make it in as playable before Ultimate is “done”, as long as we keep making noise about it.

Like, no doubt, Nintendo has seen the last few months. They know how much talk there’s been about Geno, and how little positive talk there’s been about other choices. A DQ rep is seen as the “worst possible timeline”, and Crono is really only being talked about right now because of leakers, there’s barely been anyone pushing to get him in recently. It’s been entirely Geno and Sora.

Even if he wasn’t planned for this pass after all, I could totally see them trying to work something extra out with Square because of how hyped up he’s been over the past few months.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but...can someone tell me what exactly is the appeal of Dragon Quest? Are the characters well-written? The stories? How does the gameplay distinguish itself? Is there a unique setting or hook?

Because, no offense intended, DQ looks like an extremely unremarkable RPG from the outside. Like, I've seen nor heard anything that makes it stand out to me. I feel it's basically the same thing as FF, just brighter and with Akira Toriyama characters, and FF's pretty standard RPG as is.

Genuinely curious over here.
I’m late to the party, but as there are few DQ fans around here, I should probably chip in. Basically, the appeal of Dragon Quest is that you know it’s going to be a top-notch turn-based RPG. The stories are good, the characters are well-written, and the tone differentiates itself from other fantasy games like Final Fantasy by being cheery and not too serious/philosophical (well, I guess a more accurate description would be that other franchises distances themselves from Drafon Quest until no imitators remained). Plus the gameplay is just great. The devs somehow manage to keep things fresh and feeling modern with each iteration.

Still, I think the main reason it hasn’t caught on as much is that it gives the impression of not having much depth, both plot-wise and gameplay-wise. It’s really something you gotta play to understand. 5 in particular is one that I’d say is a great example of that, as the plot really takes you to unexpected places and the systems all really fall into place to create something great.

And the theme song is cool, so that helps as well.

I have a theory that the color of a character had a lot of influence as to who people liked as a child.

My favorite color is blue and I was 7 when the game was released and when I played SMRPG.
My favorite color is green, I first played SMRPG around the age of ten.

Color me surprised, I didn’t expect so many people here to not have played SMRPG.

That gets me hopeful about what Geno’s reception would be with general audiences. If his design alone could grab so many people, In sure it’d appeal to casuals as well.

Here’s hoping Nintendo believes that too.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Favorite color is green.

First experience with SMRPG was when I was around 5 or 6 years old, with it being the 2nd game I ever played (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island being the first). Made me fall in love with turn-based combat RPGs. Hilariously enough, I never got past Sunken Ship until a few years later because I, with my 6 year old brain at the time, couldn't figure out that Pearls was the answer to the riddle. By the time I got out of there, everyone was level 30.

JuryRigging

Smash Cadet

Green, 10 years old.

Phoca_Vitulina

Smash Rookie
Hello! It's nice to be on board with fellow Geno supporters. I've been wanting Geno for Smash as long as I can remember but I've usually just lurked in Smashboards and other speculation websites. It's inspiring to see just how determined and close this fanbase is. I'd like to imagine Geno coming back and being absolutely floored by all the loyal fan support vying for his return over the span of two decades. :')

Anyways, my favorite color is Green. I remember my first experience with SMRPG when I was around 5. I'd watch my sisters play it and everything just feeling so new and innovative at the time. At that time, my only other familiarity with a Mario game other than the original was actually the edutaintment game Mario is Missing!, haha. I remember reacting to parts of the game with my three other sisters late at night when our parents weren't awake to tell us to get off the video games. My awe at the star descending down and getting this ultra-cool star warrior guy as the next party member is still with me today. Not having the internet in those days led to many hilarious theories on the secrets of the game, such as thinking the hard to reach platform in Booster's Tower (the one with the bullet bills) was inaccessible until we reached a certain level. That led us to overgrinding while constantly trying to reach that platform. By the time we accidentally set off the solo battle with Johnathan Jones, we were so overleveled that it wasn't too much of a problem.

I still hold the game close to my heart, believing in Geno's return. The amount of fan content like the Newgrounds animations, TerminalMontage, Loopy-Lupe's 7 star comics, and this board really do show how special this star puppet was to this gaming generation. I'm looking forward to many new fans joining as Geno continues to gain traction as a character for Smash!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Favorite color was yellow.
And I was 9 when I played Super Mario RPG.
Didn't really know what an RPG was, but as a kid, I consumed anything and everything Mario relayed. ( Actually Mario being in Smash is a big part of why I played other games like Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Ect. Though I fell for the Pokemon craze before that )

To this day I still instinctively do "Timed Hits" on RPGs that don't have them because of that game. I was doing "Press A when the pokeball hits" long before it became a rumor.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490

It's been so long since the first time I played it, but the memory is still there. I remember it was November 2007. Super Mario Galaxy had just come out, and I was at a family member's house for a visit before Thanksgiving. There was the WIi, which was taken up by SMG, and then an SNES connected to an older TV close by. There were only a few around the SNES, but since I was impatient I switched over there to take a look. Super Mario RPG was in the console, and the game was paused at the Mushroom Kingdom. I was very intrigued; the earliest I had played Mario was the SMB3 port for the GBA, so this was a brand new experience to me (I also had never played an RPG before this). I only played for a short time before we had to leave, and it wasn't until much later that I bought a copy for myself and played through the entire game.

And orange. :reverse:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Hello! It's nice to be on board with fellow Geno supporters. I've been wanting Geno for Smash as long as I can remember but I've usually just lurked in Smashboards and other speculation websites. It's inspiring to see just how determined and close this fanbase is. I'd like to imagine Geno coming back and being absolutely floored by all the loyal fan support vying for his return over the span of two decades. :')

Anyways, my favorite color is Green. I remember my first experience with SMRPG when I was around 5. I'd watch my sisters play it and everything just feeling so new and innovative at the time. At that time, my only other familiarity with a Mario game other than the original was actually the edutaintment game Mario is Missing!, haha. I remember reacting to parts of the game with my three other sisters late at night when our parents weren't awake to tell us to get off the video games. My awe at the star descending down and getting this ultra-cool star warrior guy as the next party member is still with me today. Not having the internet in those days led to many hilarious theories on the secrets of the game, such as thinking the hard to reach platform in Booster's Tower (the one with the bullet bills) was inaccessible until we reached a certain level. That led us to overgrinding while constantly trying to reach that platform. By the time we accidentally set off the solo battle with Johnathan Jones, we were so overleveled that it wasn't too much of a problem.

I still hold the game close to my heart, believing in Geno's return. The amount of fan content like the Newgrounds animations, TerminalMontage, Loopy-Lupe's 7 star comics, and this board really do show how special this star puppet was to this gaming generation. I'm looking forward to many new fans joining as Geno continues to gain traction as a character for Smash!
Welcome aboard, even though you've always been with us! The more the merrier.

erdrpika

Smash Rookie
My favorite color is red and cyan.
My story with Super Mario RPG starts when I was 5 years old and an aunt gave a used Snes with 3 games: Aladdin, Donkey Country 2 and Super Mario RPG. The snes at the beginning was damaged and we sent it to repair, after it was repaired I started to play and it was too incredible even though the first few times I did not go beyond the dialogues with all my bad English at that time, after that I could understand more or less, I was advancing in the game and everything that happened in the game I saw incredible and everything was better when "Geno" appeared when he joined my team treated him as the leader haha, so much so that he left it in the center of the team.

Fun fact: I preferred bowser to mallow on the team.

And there was a problem because I did not understand the scene before entering the marriage of booster and I could not advance until 1 or 2 years later. Since I was progressing through the game the power cable was damaged and I could not play with my Snes anymore. The good thing that happened over time I discovered the emulators and I was able to complete it, and I was satisfied with the final ending with a flourish, and of course I have to highlight that it is my favorite game and Geno is my favorite character in a Mario game. I hope you have made me understand, I am not the best speaking English but I try.

TBone06

Smash Ace

I remember the first time I played it. My sister and I were visiting our childhood friends' house back in 1996. I never heard of the game as I was 5 years old but I was amazed at the graphics. I played FF4 which I enjoyed very much, so having a Mario version of that was something right up my alley. I remember they were at the Mack boss fight. Shortly after that, my family bought it and we played through it. Loved it ever since.

My favourite colour is/was green.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

My favorite colors are green and silver and I got SMRPG for my 6th birthday.

Also funnily enough when I was a kid my favorite party member was Bowser because he was a bad guy and it was the first game I’d played where he was a controllable character. As time went on I always wanted Geno, Mallow and the other SMRPG characters to show up in another Mario game and it wasn’t until Brawl was near release that I learned of the whole Nintendo/SE ****fest being the reason why those characters never showed up again.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
chara_1_ridley_05.png

My favorite colors are purple and green

Which makes this costume of Ridley absolutely perfect

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Interesting. I feel like if I were SE for example, I would want Erdrick for promotion. But if I were NoJ I would pick Geno based on his sheer popularity and how easy it would be to make him a fighter. No hassle with other companies outside of Square, easy access to music, easy access to assets to make a stage (he’s already part of the Mario universe) and a model (using the Mii costume as a base, his move set can be lifted straight from his game, no scouring multiple games to do research on a move set, EDIT: ADDITIONALLY the team already has done research into SMRPG for that Spirit battle AND pleasing the fans by releasing arguably the third most requested fighter in the series history?? Ushering in a new audience to a character already beloved setting it up for potential future NINTENDO games. (DLC in games such as Mario Kart, Aces, Mario Party, developing future Mario titles all of which can be now compatible with an amiibo)

I think a DQ Rep would be a purely PURELY not only SE move, but also PURELY marketing
I do agree DQ would be primarily marketing, but as a joint SE-NoJ venture and not just SE. Reason being that it really is NoJ who asks and SE has to say yes instead of the other way around.

I wouldn’t underestimate the negotiating power of Sakurai, he himself said he’s gotten really good at negotiating with companies to lisence their characters for Smash. I personally don’t consider anything off the table due to hypothetical negotiating difficulties, although I understand why people do and it’s not wrong. This is part of the reason why Geno is possible, Sakurai could totally get him as playable as long as NoJ approves. Which who knows if they care, they might think Spirits and costumes are enough bone-tossing to consider it a job well done. I don’t mean to make that as cynical as it sounded hahaha. I do think the inclusion of Geno and Mallow as Spirits and the thoughtfulness of their battles is really great.

Favorite color is green, I played SMRPG when it first came out and still have the cartridge in a closet somewhere. I’ve played it a number of times over the years. Probably one of my favorites was doing a “casual” low% run, which was super difficult but super interesting. I think my final levels, beating Smithy, were like 8-10 or something. Geno was of course in the final party :D

D

Deleted member

About the spirits, both Geno and Rayman are legendary and can't be upgraded, right?

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745

My favorite color is blue. I was 3 when the game came out. Did not play it until I was about 6. I didn't get the mechanics at all (I didn't get into RPGs until Pokemon.)
I beat the game at age 18, after downloading the game from the Wii's Virtual Console, and that's when I started supporting Geno.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't really understand RPG mechanics until I played pokemon. But I was fascinated with them while playing Mario RPG.

I was more prepared for pokemon then if I hadn't played Mario RPG first.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
View attachment 180186

My favorite colors are purple and green

Which makes this costume of Ridley absolutely perfect
Dude, purple and green would look so badass on Ridley's Meta Ridley costume. Ridley's gonna be one of my mains; I think his purple colors on his regular-self looks best, but hopefully there's a purple and green Meta Ridley because I'll definitely be using him in tournaments.

Never thought I'd see this post lead to a bunch of great backstories from the people on this thread.

I'll tell you a little secret that's very embarrassing... I remember being stuck after the Marrymore area/Bundt fight for months because I couldn't unlock the area for Star Hill. Want to know why? It's because I never gave Frogfucious his cricket pie. I remember when Frogfucious got sad and wanted his cricket pie, but I didn't know where to get it, so I skipped it and went to Rose Town. It's insane to think that you have to give a ******* pie to a frog in order to beat the game. lol

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
About the spirits, both Geno and Rayman are legendary and can't be upgraded, right?
Geno can be upgraded

...to a fighter >:]

Speaking of which, I’ve never beaten SMRPG. I think in my youth I leveled up my characters wrong and I was stuck on the freaking Axem Rangers and could never beat them :(

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
-Sephiroth
-Crono
-DQ reps
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)
that is not the list and its missing several more including something specific
you need to stop this at once or the idiots at S-E are going to think this was the legitimate list
karma will hit back at you if you don't

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I can recall my first time playing Mario RPG. It was at my 1st grade teacher's house. She had a son who was older and had "all the coolest video games" (I was like 5 or 6 in I believe 1997)

They had the Nintendo 64 which was the newer flashy game system that I really liked. (And was asking for my next Birthday) However, we did play the SNES a bit. We played Yoshi's Island and Mario Paint (which I couldn't figure out due to lack of Mouse) But we ended up playing Super Mario RPG. I liked the weird blocky Mario on the front and did not know what RPG meant so I was fascinated.

The file was pretty far ahead. We messed around at Barrel Volcano with a party member of Mario, Bowser and Mallow. I also learned that Bowser and Peach were called Koopa and Toadstool. The only glimpse I got of Geno was when he leveled up. (We sadly did not get to play with him)

What my favorite memory was going there and learning that you can take a shower as Mario and then get yelled at in the Marrymore Hotel for staying overnight too long. Then after showing a guest to his room, you can take a shower in front of him. My little brain found that to be the funniest thing ever.

Years went by without me seeing or hearing of that game since then. At least until 2006.

I started using the internet more trying to find cool video game stuff and really trying to see if you could really unlock Sonic and Toad in Melee. By this time, I started looking at sites like Newgrounds and Gamefaqs. By this time I played Paper Mario64, TTYD and SuperStar Saga. Going onto Newgrounds, I recognized the character from the Smash Stache mini game but more importantly, I started realizing this was the game that I remembered from a long time ago. Revisiting the game, the characters were really neat. Something that made me love Mario initially as well as games like Sunshine and Galaxy and the Paper Mario games. Mario is usually at his best when he is taking you someplace new and not running the same "New Super Mario Bros" formula.

Since then, I was hooked on Mario RPG and Geno in particular. He had the coolest special moves ever! When you have a character who can one shot a boss, you know you are dealing with someone who is packing some serious heat. Since then I have been pushing for Geno to be in Smash Bros.....

I am so tired.
I want to add to my earlier post but I think seeing so much Mario RPG content over the years has really helped fuel my Geno love. A character sometimes is only worth as much as the love a player base provides, and if it wasn't for seeing others take time to express that, I probably would have forgotten about him or Mallow or anyone else from these games. Special shout outs in this scenario go to Loopy Lupe for expressing my favorite style and personality for Geno ever and fellow thread contributor TerminalMontage TerminalMontage for continuously pouring his heart out over Geno from small cameos to entire videos dedicated to him. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you guys.

Edit: Blue and Green are tied for favorite color. The type of blue or green makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

My favorite colors are red blue green black

I first played the game to completion when I was around 12-13 years old and just getting into RPGs and JRPGs.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's just a little less than 2 weeks until Smash is released.

The VGA's is before that. There is a least a couple of rumors that smash news could happen there

It's possible we'll know something soon

I'm not counting on it, but who knows

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
It's just a little less than 2 weeks until Smash is released.

The VGA's is before that. There is a least a couple of rumors that smash news could happen there

It's possible we'll know something soon

I'm not counting on it, but who knows
Yeah, I'm not counting on the VGAs to have something Smash either. But you never know, they may surprise us.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Late to the party, but my favorite colors are orange and green (just orange at the time though,) and I first played at about...9 or 10. Probably closer to 9.

This theory is interesting. If you're gathering the data, it'd be cool if you could share it. :)

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice

My favorite color is green! and It seems like mostly everyone here got SMRPG originally on the SNES but I got it on Virtual Console around 2011 for the Wii when I was around 12, I’ve heard about the game due to that one YouTube video (Rawest Forest) that I felt interested in trying it out. I’ve played M&L: Bowser’s Inside Story already so with RPG experience already I decided to give it a shot and fell in love with it. The games humor, the locations, the enemies, They were unlike anything i’ve seen in a Mario game before yet I loved it. Only then did I begin to know about Geno and his popularity among the smash community which leads us to today.

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

My favorite color is blue, and I played Super Mario RPG when I was 10 or 11. Not really sure. And I know for a fact I tend to like characters who like blue too. xP

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452

My favorite color is probably either indigo, or black.

I first played Super Mario RPG back in 2008, when it was added to the Wii Shop Channel, meaning I was 10 years old at the time.

Funnily enough, I already knew about the game before then - as odd as it sounds, when I was a little kid, I really liked making fake Yu-Gi-Oh cards on this one website. I wanted to make a Mario card and when I did a Google image search for "Mario" I saw the render for Mario from the game, and something about the art style just really clicked for me, so I went on to look at the other characters from the game and thought they all seemed cool.

Fast foreword a little while later, at this point I had heard about the "Mysterious Mario RPG I never played" alongside the "Mario movie I never saw but it's a MARIO MOVIE so it MUST BE GOOD" and wrote to the old Nintendo Power magazine something along the lines of

"Nintendo should put that old Mario movie on DVD! And they should out Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the Wii Shop Channel!"

I don't think they ever responded, but a week or two later I found the DVD at Wal-Mart, and the game hit the WSC, so I ended up with the impression that Nintendo absolutely LOVED my ideas and immediately acted.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

My favorite color is purple , haha

I played SMRPG 4 months ago , thanks to the Wii U VC (I'm 17) After playing every Mario & Luigi and TTYD and half of Super Paper Mario (I NEED TO FINISH IT).

At first , I knew the game because of the "Waltz of the forest" and the "Rowest Forest" videos , and just loved the song and characters. When Cloud was released with the Geno Mii costume , I was so happy to see that SMRPG was released on the Wii U VC!

Sadly , my english skills were rather poor , and I eventually forgot that the game was here.

But thanks to TerminalMontage video about Geno , I was like "OH YEAH I NEED TO PLAY THIS".I kinda lost that tastes with video games (Because of personnal issues , I couldn't focus on just simply playing a game and enjoying it. There was always something that stressed me out...) during this time , but damn SMRPG reminded me why I liked video games.

I was always open for games from different generations , even the oldest games. I actually quite like the graphics in SMRPG , there was some limitation because of the SNES(The room by room system surrounded by a black void...) but I loved how the characters were. They weren't chibi-like , but still "cuter" than with the others Mario games at the Time.

The gameplay was amazing , the timed hit mechanic reminded me of the action commands from M&L and Paper Mario. Actually , even if SMRPG is closer to a standard RPG than M&L/PM , I really saw a lot of stuff that would be used in later Mario RPGs , and I loved it.

Even tho I prefer Mallow (I'm a sucker for cute characters lol) , I understood right away why Geno was loved so much. His personnality is so unique for a Mario game. He's the serious and calm guy of the group , but his design as a small puppet doesn't make him imposing or frightening , wich make his encounter with Bowyer and Smithy quite funny when you think about it.
And well , he has an arm canon , shoot bullets lasers and stars , has magical powers , and a cool hat and blue cape.

It's actually simple when you think about it , but simplicity make characters more memorable in my opinion.

Anyway , I'll stop now because if I don't , I'll make a way too long post and explain why I liked every little things of this game.

(And yeah , since my favorite color was purple , I liked Croco. He also reminded me of Popple , wich is a big plus lol )

yakko789

Smash Apprentice

My favorite color is blue. I remember seeing my older siblings play Mario RPG when I was about 5, cause we got the SNES in the Christmas of 96. I didn't actually play it though until I was 9. It's been my favorite game ever since!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom