• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The major stumbling block against Geno has always been his lack of modern relevance. There's no reason for a business to push him; even Dragon Quest DLC would have guaranteed gangbuster sales in Japan if nothing else.
3 rereleases in 10 years with the SNES Classic selling 6 million copies worldwide says otherwise.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
sakurai is picking dlc out of a list nintendo gave him. he was pretty clear about that lol
He did not say that. He said, and I quote:

‘the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a character based on their selection, then come up with the plan.’

In no way does that say Nintendo gave him a list and gave him free range to pick from it. It’s just as possible they gave him 5 characters, and he said yes purely on the basis of moveset viability. It’s just as plausible that he got a list of 5, Sakurai vetoed one or more, then Nintendo named ‘replacements’ for those vetoed characters.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
True. The Mii costume is as clear as possible an indicator of Geno's popularity; at the very least they wouldn't have put it out if they didn't think it'd make money.
I pointed out before, but I think Nintendo is smart enough to realize Geno would make MORE MONEY. He is highly demanded in all regions of the world, including Japan. Whereas DQ is not very popular at all in the west and gets mediocre sales. If we were to take the standpoint 'Nintendo is solely in it for the money', Geno makes more sense. And that's not even considering he would take less legal effort and time, which costs money, too.

D

Deleted member

I just realized, people outside of this discussion REALLY overestimate how hard it would be to get the rights to Geno. For the Square Enix rep, he is the easiest character to get the rights to :'D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Plus, more of our favorite pastime of horse beating, one of the main arguments for a DQ character is that Square Enix would want another stab at introducing it to the West but this would technically make it the fourth attempt. Fire Emblem needed one. Monster Hunter needed one. Yokai Watch needed one. Dynasty Warriors needed one. Even the super Japanese Nobunaga's Ambition had just two.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They need to make Mushroom Kingdom Warriors featuring Geno and Mallow

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watch some other company have a mario game with Geno before Nintendo themselves

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Let's not forget the Mario RPG games haven't had any representation yet, and with Geno being one of the stars of the original I would think that would open the (thousand-year) door of possibility for Paper Mario's consideration in the future if people want it enough.
Don't we have a Paper Mario stage?

Oh yeah, we do. I get that we may want to forget Sticker Star ever happened, but let's not spread misinformation now.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
You know, I just realized something something. Almost every other Square besides Geno would contradict what Sakurai has been trying to do this game if they were to be added.
It has been said before, but Sakurai really tried to tone down on the anime sword fighter problem. The only character we got like that this game was Chrom, and he was an echo. If Sakurai is purposely trying to avoid putting in more characters like that, that is major knock down for so many Square protagonists, including Sora. Sure, his sword looks like a key, but it is still called the Keyblade. As said before, putting in a DQ character makes no financial sense as well as going against Sakurais statement of avoiding character popular in only one region. And the big icon of DQ, Slime, is likely not going to be in because there is no way they would announce 2 mook characters in a row if the Square character is next.
It’s also worth noting that Geno brings a highly unique design to the table when it comes to the roster that we have now. A glass-cannon featherweight with a completely unique “timed hit” mechanic would be far, far more interesting than another “anime swordsman with magic”, a stereotype that both Sora and the DQ protagonists fit into. I don’t even particularly have anything against anime swordsmen(hell, look at my mains), but enough’s enough at this point.

As much as I’ve been posting in this thread recently, Geno’s only my second most-wanted newcomer. My first was “any Rhythm Heaven rep”, not because I have a particular attachment to that specific series, but because I loved the idea of a unique rhythm-based hit mechanic and would have mained them for that alone. But with all leaks including them turning out false and all feasible reps from the series unceremoniously turned into Spirits(along with a particular paper pick that could also have used timed hits), Geno is my last chance at getting unique timing mechanics into Smash.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The major stumbling block against Geno has always been his lack of modern relevance. There's no reason for a business to push him; even Dragon Quest DLC would have guaranteed gangbuster sales in Japan if nothing else.
Please find a new argument to make dude.

You post this on every page and you are always refuted and then you reword it and post the exact same thing

You’re just wrong

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I have a little theory in mind , After hearing all of theses arguments.

First of all , Vergeben leak the Square rep in July/septembre (At least , way before the announcement for DLCs). The Square rep isn't in the base game , and well... Square won't do anything if they don't get more money than everyone else , so we DLC boys.

Then , the Plant. Sakurai stated that they got at little head start... But the model is finished , they were confident enough to show most of his moveset , in several stages against several characters. The only thing they can change are hitboxes and damage values , and it take way less Time than animations and making a moveset. To be simple , the Plant is almost finished , they started developpement earlier than most people think on her.

And then they announce DLCs , 1st november. They will be spread out from february 2019 to february 2020 (They said so in the Switch news feature (the one with the smash direct) ) and piranha plant will be available at least the 31 January , as stated on the Smash website if I recall.

Let's be honest , the first DLC must be BIG to convince people to buy the fighter pass and make a lot of money. I mean , they announced Mewtwo model back during Sm4sh and everyone was freaking out and hyped as hell. And it was just a model , imagine a trailer , even if It's a in-game on.

Except for MAYBE Katalina and Steve , the only DLC character leaked was a Square Rep.

Before saying "Nintendo choose the DLCs and the Smash dev Team haven't started developpement yet"... Well , why can't Nintendo ask for DLCs earlier than we think? Like , a little around when the Square rep was leaked , several months before the direct? If they are gonna spread out DLCs reveal , having a head start with the first one seem logical , especially if It's gonna be Big.
And well , Sakurai can lie to us , I think they prioritize the main game but got a smaller Team to work on DLC for now.

So , who do you think can be a Big first reveal , is a Square rep , and that the wider audience would know , while beeing again on the spotlight with a Mii costume , a Wii U eshop re-release , the SNES Mini , and social medias ?
Yeah , Mallow. Jk , Geno. ( I would love Mallow tho)

Sora and a DQ rep weren't really relevant or/and had a game coming to the Switch during this. KH3 can't Come to Switch except if it got a pocket edition like FF15 , and DQ release date for the Switch is... Well , even Square don't even know precisly.
They aren't Good candidates to start with because they are either less knowed worlwide , have less ties to Nintendo , and suffer of the "anime swordman" syndrome.

The only Square rep I could see getting a lot of people hyped (and beeing somewhat realistic) is Lara Croft but... Why? Why keeping her for first? It's only going to make people think they are going to go third party only , and isn't requested. She's a PS1 icon , but PS1 icons... Well let's Say most people would want Crash Bandicoot.

Getting a head start on for Geno as a DLC pick , a little after the plant doesn't seem impossible , ESPECIALLY if It's going to be the first reveal , wich is going to be at least february 2019 , 3 months After the game release.
Negociating earlier for him seem logical , since he is a third party , a good candidate for a first DLC (Requested , unique design that would appeal to people who don't know him , getting spotlight again theses 3 last years , can promote the SNES Mini and a SMRPG remake for Switch... The other Square rep don't have all of this at once.).

Add to that the thing that he the Square rep was leaked at the same time as Isabelle and Incineroar (BASE ROSTERS REVEALS MAY I ADD) by Vergeben , support this theory.

And now , PolarPandy has rumors about Geno beeing talked about in NoA and Nintendo made the selection for DLCs.

What else can I add ? The stars are aligned for him. Nintendo isn't stupid , he know he will make money for DLC and is way easier to get than other Square reps.

And since nobody can leak the Square rep otherwise they will be fired and sued , even if It's a fake name make me think that people who just flat-out said who the Square reps are liars. Square is very aggressive towards leaks.

I don't have anything else to add than:
-If he's in , I'm co-maining him and I'm gonna kick some butts in Online tourneys.
-If he's not , I'll still support him and I have the Mii costume , so I'll co-main Mii gunner lol

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Please find a new argument to make dude.

You post this on every page and you are always refuted and then you reword it and post the exact same thing

You’re just wrong
Oh please.

You're welcome to believe whatever you want but it is factual, literally factual, that Dragon Quest is a bigger deal than Geno. If it were a choice between the two with no issues then obviously Dragon Quest would get in first, and it's clear Sakurai is fine appealing to single regions like how he included Ridley for NA, what's stopping him from doing that for Japan?

The reason we're even having these conversations is that there's enough grey areas like those fatmanonice and PolarPanda have pointed out, but that doesn't guarantee Geno or inherently make him the likeliest candidate. They still need to weigh him against Dragon Quest, they still need to decide whether or not it's worth promoting a niche character like Geno.

I want Geno as much as you guys but I'm not going to be blindly faithful about it.

Anyway what really makes me laugh about this conversation is that on another site I'm the biggest Geno stan around and usually get called out for believing too much.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Oh please.

You're welcome to believe whatever you want but it is factual, literally factual, that Dragon Quest is a bigger deal than Geno. If it were a choice between the two with no issues then obviously Dragon Quest would get in first, and it's clear Sakurai is fine appealing to single regions like how he included Ridley for NA, what's stopping him from doing that for Japan?

The reason we're even having these conversations is that there's enough grey areas like those fatmanonice and PolarPanda have pointed out, but that doesn't guarantee Geno or inherently make him the likeliest candidate. They still need to weigh him against Dragon Quest, they still need to decide whether or not it's worth promoting a niche character like Geno.

I want Geno as much as you guys but I'm not going to be blindly faithful about it.

Anyway what really makes me laugh about this conversation is that on another site I'm the biggest Geno stan around and usually get called out for believing too much.
Except Japan already has one noteworthy character that not only did well on the Smash Ballot and has a ton of fan support, but is also one with international appeal and from one of Nintendo's most popular and beloved franchises, especially in Japan if we're arguing based on that region: Bandana Waddle Dee. The Kirby series is pretty much a bigger deal than DQ internationally and in Japan itself. And while it's true Geno is not guarenteed, a lot of the evidence, combined with the fact that not one of the newcomers used the Vifam toy's gun seems to be a direct hint towards him since the Grinch leak and the possibility of Mach Rider was proven fake.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I agree with you, GenoFlash. I want Geno as much as anyone here, but I am going to be realistic in expectations. The only way Geno is going to get in over a Dragon Quest rep is if Nintendo cannot get the rights to use the IP which could or could not happen. I'll be fine either way as I want Geno, and I like the Dragon Quest series.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'm really nervous about Geno's chances. I mean, we just got Plant, and that's 1) another Mario character, and 2) obviously the character everybody wanted. I mean, who would even be excited for Geno after PLANT??!?!?

I hate that stupid plant...

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
To me it sounds weird promoting a franchise Only popular in Japan through DLC. If they wanted to put Slime or Katalina they should have done so on the base roster. It would have been a smart move. Im sure putting Marth in smash helped tremendously. Fire emblem is much bigger in the West now. Im all for helping the West discover franchise but DLC isnt the way imo.

Geno with a stage and music would bring back nostalgy to so many players across the world. Geno being linked to Mario would help cause a stage is from the universe. It is the biggest franchise from Nintendo. People would get curious and buy the snes. It is a smart move.

Of course im also hoping Terra has a shot but this is Just wishful thinking. Hehe

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think Geno's chances are unreasonable, but Dragon Quest does have a legacy to it. Even if that's just Japan it was the US that got Ridley in, and the broader West that got K.Rool. Thus far the only Japan-centric character has been Chrom, while Inkling and Isabelle command worldwide fanbases.
K. Rool was insanely popular in Japan and very popular worldwide not just in the US. Some could say that K. Rool was the Ridley of the east because according to Source Gaming's collective data poll they gathered from Japan and also worldwide, K. Rool was number one everywhere before his inclusion.

Also, when Ridley was revealed alot of Japanese fans were wondering ''where is K. Rool?'' and K. Rool took alot of attention on Twitter over there when he finally got revealed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's not give up till the end.

Geno has a huge shot.

That can not be understated.

Will keep expectations in check but I do have hope.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A Dragon Quest character could be added but there's a lot going against it:

-Strong evidence that Dragon Quest content in Smash is in low demand even in Japan.

-The series' copyright is split between three entities, including the soundtracks.

-Dragon Quest XI S not being announced until almost two months after insiders started to say a Square Enix character was probable.

-Dragon Quest XI S not yet announced to be leaving Japan or even when it's expected to come out.

-Dragon Quest being overwhelmingly a Japanese preferred series with 93% of its sales being in Japan.

-The series already making three attempts to find a captive Western audience in the last 30 years with lukewarm results each time.

-The last game that had notable Western sales was the original on the NES.

-Not a single Dragon Quest game was rereleased on the Wii or Wii U Virtual Console or included in the NES and SNES Classic in any region, including Japan.

-The most recognizable character being a generic enemy whose spin-off series was three games that ended in 2011, the first and final being Japan exclusives, and the second being in North America in 2006.

-The last 100% unique character added to Smash based solely on Japanese requests being Marth in 2001.

-All third party characters having global appeal with sales to back them up.

So, to recap, Nintendo would have to choose someone who not even Japanese audiences really want, has hardly any recognition outside Japan, that has a ton of legal red tape, that has no readily available games to Western gamers aside from a game on their competitors' consoles, to promote a port already released by their competitors over a year ago that might not leave Japan with no definitive release date to theoretically captivate an Western audience despite failing three times over three decades that would have been decided before said up in the air port was announced. Yes, it's possible but Nintendo would be stupid to do it compared to other choices.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I'm really nervous about Geno's chances. I mean, we just got Plant, and that's 1) another Mario character, and 2) obviously the character everybody wanted. I mean, who would even be excited for Geno after PLANT??!?!?

I hate that stupid plant...
I don't think Nintendo would care that much if we got 2 Mario characters back to back. It's their flaghship franchise.

The plant is just a joke character so that the final count would be a sweet 70 for now , and encourage people to buy the game.

But yeah , seeing everyone saying "lol plant is better than your edgy pinochio ******** looooool" remind me how harsh the community can be if they can have some fun out of it.

And ... To be Frank , if we were to get a generic minion ,I would have prefer Captain Goomba from the M&L SS remake. At least he could have represent every minion.

The plant is just a Silly joke. Everyone will forget her about one Month or two after her release. ( In a way that she won't be the Big topic concerning Ultimate )

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, I've noticed that one of the main arguments for a Dragon Quest character is "well, it's Square's second biggest franchise; why WOULDN'T they add a character to Smash." Allow me to point out a DLC character added in Smash 4... Bayonetta. Is Bayonetta SEGA's second biggest franchise? Far from it, it doesn't even crack top 10.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Sega_games

With only two games even a generous estimate puts the series at about 1.5 million copies sold with one game that was originally released on a Nintendo platform. That game, Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, sold about 400k. What got Bayonetta in Smash then? Global demand. What's something Dragon Quest doesn't have for Smash? Global demand, hell, even it's Japanese demand is weaker than Western creations like Crash Bandicoot. Based on Monster Hunter's extreme Japanese popularity, why did Nintendo choose Ken as another Capcom rep? There's a lot here that shows that noting DQ's Japanese popularity is a weak argument.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool was insanely popular in Japan and very popular worldwide not just in the US. Some could say that K. Rool was the Ridley of the east because according to Source Gaming's collective data poll they gathered from Japan and also worldwide, K. Rool was number one everywhere before his inclusion.

Also, when Ridley was revealed alot of Japanese fans were wondering ''where is K. Rool?'' and K. Rool took alot of attention on Twitter over there when he finally got revealed.
Oh huh. I genuinely did not know that.

I'm so proud of my buff kremling boi.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Oh please.

Of course in the broad aspect of video games DQ is infinitely more popular. But if you could actually read what I’m saying, what really matters is popularity within the smash community and nintendo fans buying the game. Go check any poll ever or even on smashboards go check to see how popular any DQ character thread is compared to Geno and it’s not even a contest.

Instead you’ll just reply to this saying “hmmm Geno doesn’t have as much appeal as DQ......”

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Of course in the broad aspect of video games DQ is infinitely more popular. But if you could actually read what I’m saying, what really matters is popularity within the smash community and nintendo fans buying the game. Go check any poll ever or even on smashboards go check to see how popular any DQ character thread is compared to Geno and it’s not even a contest.

Instead you’ll just reply to this saying “hmmm Geno doesn’t have as much appeal as DQ......”
Look, I'm not here to talk about myself. If you have a problem with me then take it up with a mod.

-Strong evidence that Dragon Quest content in Smash is in low demand even in Japan.

-The series' copyright is split between three entities, including the soundtracks.

-Dragon Quest XI S not being announced until almost two months after insiders started to say a Square Enix character was probable.

-Dragon Quest XI S not yet announced to be leaving Japan or even when it's expected to come out.

-Dragon Quest being overwhelmingly a Japanese preferred series with 93% of its sales being in Japan.

-The series already making three attempts to find a captive Western audience in the last 30 years with lukewarm results each time.

-Not a single Dragon Quest game was rereleased on the Wii or Wii U Virtual Console or included in the NES and SNES Classic in any region, including Japan.

-The most recognizable character being a generic enemy whose spin-off series was three games that ended in 2011, the first and final being Japan exclusives, and the second being in North America in 2006.

-The last 100% unique character added to Smash based solely on Japanese requests being Marth in 2001.

So, to recap, Nintendo would have to choose someone who not even Japanese audiences really want, has hardly any recognition outside Japan, that has a ton of legal red tape, that has no readily available games to Western gamers aside from a game on their competitors' consoles, to promote a port already released by their competitors over a year ago that might not leave Japan with no definitive release date to theoretically captivate an Western audience despite failing three times over three decades that would have been decided before said up in the air port was announced. Yes, it's possible but Nintendo would be stupid to do it compared to other choices.
That's a pretty damn definitive list if I do say so myself, and that really is a lot going against Dragon Quest. Even if they want to respect its history it seems like there won't be much reward in it

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Oh please.

There is a difference, Ridley is FIRST PARTY. All and yes ALL third party characters have global appeal or demand. While all the western only or Japanese only chooses are first party. Snake was put in because the creator asked sakurai and were friends however he has a global fanbase and not one just to Japan, Sonic obviously loved globally. Megaman same just like sonic, pacman most likely was added because bamco was helping that game but Pac man is a icon like sonic and stuff and globally popular. Cloud is literally popular in Japan and America, Bayonetta i can't say for America, however Europe and Japan she has fans, Ryu obviously popular globally fighting game and character. So Sora, Geno, maybe lara croft(but she is more liked in the west so maybe not.) Honestly have a chance because they have global appeal. We never got a third party character that appeals to one majority audience before. First party yes, third party....... NO. So we aren't being unrealistic, you are. P.s. even if I'm wrong about this which i highly doubt America is a bigger marketing area so that is why. Oh wanna know why it won't happen. If he was DLC it would only sell in Japan which Nintendo wouldn't want, they want it to sell globally or at least a **** ton so once more Sora or Geno makes sense. Also i haven't seen any evidence of Japan wanting Dragon quest rep. however i have for Geno and Sora

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As mentioned before, Dragon Quest has no readily available games for people outside Japan to support on Nintendo platforms aside from Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS eShop, an almost 2 year old port of an almost 14 year old game. Compare this to Castlevania, Sonic, Megaman, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Pac-Man, and Bayonetta and this is a stark difference. For Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman, and even Final Fantasy you can count on your fingers and toes the number of games that you could buy right now either by walking into a store or hopping into the eShop. Metal Gear is an exception but, when he debuted, there was the Twin Snakes for the GameCube and it's important to note that Snake was cut from SSB4.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Well, that just about does it for me. At this point, if we get a Dragon Quest character as DLC, I'll be legitimately surprised. Sora, a little less so, considering he at least has mainstream appeal and would definitely be the candidate for Square to push if they had the chance, but I just can't see Nintendo (who are the ones picking the DLC, mind you) springing for him since he'd only serve to promote a competing JRPG releasing on every console but their own, and they'd have to go through Disney to do it, who they have an... iffy relationship with, to say the least.
There's no way around it at this point. Geno is just the Square Enix character that makes the most sense. The only other one I'd give any serious consideration to is Lara Croft due to her lingering icon status, but I can't really see that happening considering people don't really like Tomb Raider anymore despite SE's efforts to resuscitate a zombie series.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think I for an I have an idea for Geno's up-B

It's completely made up , but hey , Sakurai like to do unique stuff.

His up-B would be the cloud from the "HP Rain" Magic from Mallow.

Mallow would pop up and create a Cloud for Geno to stand on. You will gain back your 2 jumps , but you can't up-B again until you hit the ground.
Or Geno just bounce of it , because... Well Bayonetta showed me that having a recovery with multiples jumps can be kinda stupid lol

However , if you Time it correctly , Geno will bounce out of it , but he will be followed by a lightning bolt from the cloud. It will be another reference to one of Mallow's Magic.

This will make his recovery harder to challenge , BUT , he won't be able to grab the ledge directly as a trade-off.

This create an interesting Dynamic when you have to choose between a Quick recovery to grab the ledge if you think you won't be challenged , or using the timed hit version where you can knock off the opponent out of you.

Or even , this could be use as a combo finisher , this could be so hyyyyyyyyype

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I hope Geno is treated like Cloud and has Geno Boost as his down special allowing him to charge and have stronger projectiles the more he is powered up

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I agree with you, GenoFlash. I want Geno as much as anyone here, but I am going to be realistic in expectations. The only way Geno is going to get in over a Dragon Quest rep is if Nintendo cannot get the rights to use the IP which could or could not happen. I'll be fine either way as I want Geno, and I like the Dragon Quest series.
Ummm... what? Nintendo would choose geno because it would undeniably make them more money. He is widely requested world wide, while dq does very poorly in the west, lol. There are hardly any points in favor of DQ right now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ummm... what? Nintendo would choose geno because it would undeniably make them more money. He is widely requested world wide, while dq does very poorly in the west, lol. There are hardly any points in favor of DQ right now.
Plus, Nintendo can profit from Geno returning to the modern gaming market. Its very unlike Square would use Geno outside of the Mario IP(Tat is likely the reason why Square has never used him), so it would make a SMRPG remake/sequel all the more likely, which Nintendo would naturally get a lot of profit from.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The more we go into it, the more convoluted Dragon Quest's inclusion would be and this still doesn't acknowledge the most glaring thing that Geno's already in Ultimate so Nintendo clearly already has the rights to use him again. It's like saying "I want a glass of milk" while ignoring the gallon in the fridge you bought yesterday and deciding to walk several miles to the store in the rain to buy a more expensive brand. If you're going to do that, it better be some damn amazing milk.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Before you say, "he is only wanted in the west" that's a lie. He ranked top 3 in a sakurai official poll during brawl, he was in top tens during DLC for smash 4 in America AND Japan. In very recent ones he still ranks near top tens or twenties. Like #11 for example, #8, or 22.

NukeA6

Smash Master
They need to make Mushroom Kingdom Warriors featuring Geno and Mallow
Thanks for mentioning something I had no idea I'd even want. It would be like those insane item matches in Smash Bros but in third person. And there would be an excuse to have Bowsette as official (hey, they did it in Hyrule Warriors with Linkle).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The more we go into it, the more convoluted Dragon Quest's inclusion would be and this still doesn't acknowledge the most glaring thing that Geno's already in Ultimate so Nintendo clearly already has the rights to use him again. It's like saying "I want a glass of milk" while ignoring the gallon in the fridge you bought yesterday and deciding to walk several miles to the store in the rain to buy a more expensive brand. If you're going to do that, it better be some damn amazing milk.
Wiser words have never been said my friend. ;)

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Before you say, "he is only wanted in the west" that's a lie. He ranked top 3 in a sakurai official poll during brawl, he was in top tens during DLC for smash 4 in America AND Japan. In very recent ones he still ranks near top tens or twenties. Like #11 for example, #8, or 22.
Especially with the consideration that many of the characters who ranked above him have either been made playable or have been deconfirmed due to being ATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom