• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The tabs for fighters and such, you mean? Yeah, those weren't affected by the edit, as they wouldn't be (the scrolling banner in behind them.)

The cut there is so obvious even I noticed it when it happened. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but now it's far too hard to ignore: someone was cropped out of that image, and that someone was probably Isaac. You could argue that just makes a case for him and not the whole banner, but with the positioning being the same...that's WAY too coincidental.

Yeesh...how much more evidence is this gonna take?
I think Isaac has high chances now especially because of the item in the wendy's trailer.
I think Isaac is probably in. He was a highly requested character though, so I dont see it having to do with the leak. (a pretty big leap that some people do)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I think Isaac has high chances now especially because of the item in the wendy's trailer.
I think Isaac is probably in. He was a highly requested character though, so I dont see it having to do with the leak. (a pretty big leap that some people do)
Just for the sake of friendly discussion, what is your explanation for the september mural edit matching Isaac's positioning in the leak, then? I'm not a staunch advocate of the leak being real, but I'm seriously struggling to come up with any realistic counterpoint to how that positioning lines up.

All I can think of is that the leaker(s) were aware of that weird edit, and knew it was after the September direct, so that's where they decided to put Isaac when they faked it. Down to the exact measurement they would need to match where Mac's glove is cut off.

...which seems like an insanely specific detail...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
About the video, here's the big takeaways:

-The printing company didn't publish the video, it was a French bank showcasing the businesses they worked with.

-The video was two years old.

-The video was taken down on a Sunday, the only day of the week that's outside business hours for that particular bank.

-Printing company claimed it was because it showed work stations but it could have been just as easily set to private.

So, in summary, a third party saw enough urgency to take down a two year old video involving another company outside regular business hours.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just for the sake of friendly discussion, what is your explanation for the september mural edit matching Isaac's positioning in the leak, then? I'm not a staunch advocate of the leak being real, but I'm seriously struggling to come up with any realistic counterpoint to how that positioning lines up.

All I can think of is that the leaker(s) were aware of that weird edit, and knew it was after the September direct, so that's where they decided to put Isaac when they faked it. Down to the exact measurement they would need to match where Mac's glove is cut off.

...which seems like an insanely specific detail...
Could have been a simple error in the image file that they fixed later.

That's an interesting theory you have though :O
It's possible the leaker made good guesses, but it'd really depend on their intentions. They picked 3 popular characters, and the rest not so much. Isaac is one of the popular so, it's hard to tell.

I suppose it is possible Isaac was supposed to be announced and they didnt have time to redo the art quickly and cropped him out. That's fine, even if highly ironic and unfortunate :O They'd cropped it in the meantime of fixing the art, would be the story?
If isaac's in, he's in, that's about it.

But here's something I'm wondering.. was the banner showed correctly after isabelle was announced? Because if it even showed up in one place, or even one person saw the art correctly, then that means it was definitely just something like an error in the image.

About the video, here's the big takeaways:

-The printing company didn't publish the video, it was a French bank showcasing the businesses they worked with.

-The video was two years old.

-The video was taken down on a Sunday, the only day of the week that's outside business hours for that particular bank.

So, in summary, a third party saw enough urgency to take down a two year old video involving another company outside regular business hours.
Or they were lazy and did it on a sunday. it's just a youtube account.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could have been a simple error in the image file that they fixed later.

That's an interesting theory you have though :O
It's possible they made good guesses, but it'd really depend on their intentions. They picked 3 popular characters, and the rest not so much. Isaac is one of the popular so, it's hard to tell.

I suppose it is possible Isaac was supposed to be announced and they didnt have time to redo the art quickly and cropped him out. That's fine, even if highly ironic and unfortunate :O They'd cropped it in the meantime of fixing the art, would be the story?
If isaac's in, he's in, that's about it.

But here's something I'm wondering.. was the banner showed correctly after isabelle was announced? Because if it even showed up in one place, or even one person saw the art correctly, then that means it was definitely just an error in the image.

Or they were lazy and did it on a sunday. it's just a youtube account.
That wouldn't be lazy. That'd be extra work. It's their day off

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That wouldn't be lazy. That'd be extra work. It's their day off
Depends who did it in the company. Also, it barely takes a minute to do, so.. yeah, I dont think it being on a sunday changes much. But it's a nice little thing for the theory and people who want to believe it, I admit.
(and by lazy I meant they waited on it til they had free time :p)

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
The tabs for fighters and such, you mean? Yeah, those weren't affected by the edit, as they wouldn't be (the scrolling banner in behind them.)

The cut there is so obvious even I noticed it when it happened. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but now it's far too hard to ignore: someone was cropped out of that image, and that someone was probably Isaac. You could argue that just makes a case for him and not the whole banner, but with the positioning being the same...that's WAY too coincidental.

Yeesh...how much more evidence is this gonna take?
oh that actually does make a little bit of sense. along with things like the Golden Sun Item, the sakurai tweet that hinted at Isaac.
So again Isaac is starting to sound possible even without the grinch leak.

Before I was thinking that we would probably only be getting 2 unique character in the final direct. but if it's true there was a character ment to show up earlier we could be getting three! wonder how they would have to change that direct to fit in another like that. because that would likely mean there were 3 different trailers being presented. Isaac, Incineroar, and Geno.

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean? Making big conclusions based on little things (that may be related, but not in the way want it to be) like videos taken down is straw grasping. I'm being skeptical and holding out for the actual truth.
Sure man it's just a coincidence that the company deleted their two year old video on a non work day that just happens to corroborate a recent leak. You really are delusional if you're doubting the leak at his point.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1540763114996.png

This could also be the explanation for the issue with the image instead of the Isaac thing. And may be more likely

It's possible one part of the image just wasn't updated

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sure man it's just a coincidence that the company deleted their two year old video on a non work day that just happens to corroborate a recent leak. You really are delusional if you're doubting the leak at his point.
Ive already explained it. I never said it was a coincidence, in fact I think it probably had to do with the whole ordeal. But do jump to the conclusion that it's a cover up, rather than just normal damage control, is a big leap, and one that those who want to believe in the leak might tend to do.

Also, being skeptical of a leak is normal, and there are tons of people who think it's fake too.
(not saying it's fake, just that it's not great to believe it's real, since people fake these types of things)

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
View attachment 173015

This could also be the explanation for the issue with the image instead of the Isaac thing. And may be more likely

Except for the fact that would require more of Ike and everyone above him to be cut off in the glitch, and they aren't. It's only the area up to Mac's glove.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A company YouTube account. There's a big difference between what I have to listen to Weird Al polkas and an actual PR instrument for a company. What's added and taken down has to be approved and there are people whose jobs are to do things like run a company's Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc accounts. It's not like some schmo casually took this down in his underwear while sipping his morning coffee, it was probably an off hours direct order from a supervisor. Again, the video was 2 years old and the concern was about a third party, not the bank itself. If there were no legal implications, it could have simply been done during business hours. This wasn't "hey Jacque, can you take down this video, smoochie boochies" it was probably "take down this video or we'll get sued."

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
Ive already explained it. I never said it was a coincidence, in fact I think it probably had to do with the whole ordeal. But do jump to the conclusion that it's a cover up, rather than just normal damage control, is a big leap, and one that those who want to believe in the leak might tend to do.

Also, being skeptical of a leak is normal, and there are tons of people who think it's fake too.
(not saying it's fake, just that it's not great to believe it's real, since people fake these types of things)
Normal damage control would be to release a statement. Taking the video down on a non work day implies urgency and legal actions. Somebody higher up really wanted that video gone.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A company YouTube account. There's a big difference between what I have to listen to Weird Al polkas and an actual PR instrument for a company. What's added and taken down has to be approved and there are people whose jobs are to do things like run a company's Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc accounts. It's not like some schmo casually took this down in his underwear while sipping his morning coffee, it was probably an off hours direct order from a supervisor. Again, the video was 2 years old and the concern was about a third party, not the bank itself. If there were no legal implications, it could have simply been done during business hours. This wasn't "hey Jacque, can you take down this video, smoochie boochies" it was probably "take down this video or we'll get sued."
I dont think it being off business hours means there was urgency, but in whatever case, I dont think it matters much since ..

Just copied this comment to make another point quicker:
"ACP-PLV has [no] business with Namco, that was the other company originally thought to be where the leak came from, Marina-PLV.
This doesn't have any bearing on whether the leak is real or not."

It might be worth looking into what kind of company it is though. I dont know enough to say for sure, and I doubt many do. but if there's links to more info that might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Screenshot_20181028-172430_reddit is fun.jpg JyO5auB.png

Grinch Theory 100% confirmed. Anyone who disagrees are just sticking their head in the sand at this point

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Normal damage control would be to release a statement. Taking the video down on a non work day implies urgency and legal actions. Somebody higher up really wanted that video gone.
I'll copy another comment I saw for this one:
"ACP PLV doesn't have any tangible social media presence from what I can tell so I don't think you can expect a statement from them the same way Marina made a comment "

It also ties into another point I'd make, which is that this company is actually pretty small, from what info is around. So why would Nintendo put that much trust in a small company they dont associate with? (it doesnt add up)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Didn't someone already point out that the new studio Eric transferred to did have connections to Namco? Plus, even if this is true, a NDA means they can't disclose it anyways if that was part of the agreement. This means they could legally be sued if they merely affirm they are working with Nintendo/Namco and would be implicating themselves to reveal what they actually are working on, opening up a whole new can of worms. That said, there's strong evidence that they're pleading the 5th for the sake of damage control.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not everything can be one big coincidence buddy. There's been no real evidence pointing to it being fake
There's no proof that it's real.
You can take a stance and put down others who dont think like you, or you can have a meaningful discussion and look at good points in either possibility (or beyond).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not everything can be one big coincidence buddy. There's been no real evidence pointing to it being fake
Not the leak in total, I just mean that specific glitch on the website has an alternate explanation

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
So people , do you think Geno's body will change when he attack?

Like a cannon?

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
You can take a stance and put down others who dont think like you, or you can have a meaningful discussion and look at good points in either possibility (or beyond).
Except there's a mountain of evidence pointing to it's legitimacy. You're just being needlessly dense and contrarian for no reason.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Except there's a mountain of evidence pointing to it's legitimacy. You're just being needlessly dense and contrarian for no reason.
Now now, let's not resort to insults just because there's a disagreement. I want the leak to be real too, but I'm not going to be rude about it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well youre wrong about that.
Im being skeptical, but also realistic, since there are so many fake leaks out there and I know it just takes a little more effort and info from some artist person to make it look believable.

I dont deny there's stuff going for it. There's lots of evidence against it too, but some people prefer to look at only one side (which keeps them from seeing more aspects)

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Now now, let's not resort to insults just because there's a disagreement. I want the leak to be real too, but I'm not going to be rude about it.
Agreed, we're all pals here. I think it's good to be able to see both sides and be cautious. As much evidence as there is, it's not confirmed. Until it's confirmed by Nintendo, it's not 100% in my eyes, even if I do think there is a lot of legitimacy. It's okay to hold reservations.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
google doesnt always give me what im looking for.. I'm trying to find a freakin' french forum or something so I can see what people in france are saying about it all. I'll try again later. ;p

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Calling someone buddy is putting them down? OK lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There is no evidence that ACP-PLV works for Universal, Namco or Nintendo; however, there's no evidence that they don't, either.

The finished products on their website at least show that they do make videogame stuff; they made an Assassin's Creed thing, which would be for Ubisoft.

I think someone even looked at the place with Google Maps / Earth or whatever world view thing, and the company looked like a place that big companies may hire from what I heard.

Personally I find the details as ridiculous if it's fake; they hang up three laminated banners with two being covered by paper...? Each for a circular ornament or whatever? And all of the stuff in the image makes sense as props/decorations for a supermarket?

From what I heard, faking it would be extremely hard if it took place at this company, as people around would see them wasting materials.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Calling someone buddy is putting them down? OK lol
Sorry I might've quoted the wrong person lol.
Maybe I didn't.. I was addressing the 'no evidence for fake' part (which maybe implies something about people who do see evidence), but I should've quoted the other guy too.

Let's see, you said "Not everything can be one big coincidence buddy "

I wasnt addressing that. But it's interesting that you brought that up, because I would say 'coincidence' applies much more to the new image theory that you brought up yourself.

What I mean, is that in order for your theory to be right, there's a HUGE coincidence that you have to buy into, and that's that Isaac was supposed to be revealed at the same time that the earthquake happened. talk about timing, phew.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, I'm team real now. Too much is adding up. So I'm gonna go ahead. and pre-order the smash console tonight. What sucks is my parents have access to my bank account, so I'm probably gonna get angry call from my Father asking why I'm wasting money on video games. I'm just gonna say "****ing Geno is in Smash Bros" and hang up the phone.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I just gotta say that Geno has always been a character that I've dreamed of being in smash, but never thought it was possible. SMRPG was a huge part of my childhood (all the dialogue helped me learn to read exceptionally well for my age). Seeing Geno retain such a huge following of fans even more passionate than myself is really incredible and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. #teamreal

iam8bit

Smash Ace
View attachment 173015

We understand this.

But do tell me, why would the supposed fake leaker for the Grinch leak cut off Isaac's art exactly at the point where it's meant to be assembled with another image?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Actually now that I think about it the info blog theory already deconfirms the idea of a character being planned to be revealed at that time but being held back to be revealed later.

because if there was another character supposed to be revealed then it should have shown as a number that was skipped in the code on the site. we knew there was a character ment to be in the general direct when it was first delayed because the blog posts got out of whack. but after the revealed happened they started to post the previously skipped posts and it eventually got all back into order. there is no empty space there for the supposed extra character that was never shown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9gqnwp/blog_theory_predicting_a_character_count/

Isabelle was already a character skipped because of the delay. if there was another one they would have been in the exact same situation as Isabelle.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Actually now that I think about it the info blog theory found already deconfirms the idea of a character being planned to be revealed at that time but being held back to be revealed later.

because if there was another character supposed to be revealed then it should have shown as a number that was skipped in the code on the site. we knew there was a character ment to be in the general direct when it was first delayed because the blog posts got out of whack. but after the revealed happened they started to post the previously skipped posts and it eventually got all back into order. there is no empty space there for the supposed extra character that was never shown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9gqnwp/blog_theory_predicting_a_character_count/
Was it confirmed that the missing blog number was isabelle's?

We understand this.

But do tell me, why would the supposed fake leaker for the Grinch leak cut off Isaac's art exactly at the point where it's meant to be assembled with another image?
You might have to rephrase your question. I mean one answer was mentioned, which is that the leaker might've known about the image edit/error (whether real or not) and put isaac there. The other is coincidence, and there might be other better explanations too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom