• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If Geno was to be revealed alongside two veterans, who would you want them to be? I resent the fact that Rosalina makes so much sense and fits so well because I LOATHE Rosalina in Smash. I like the idea of ROB because he's technically a toy come to life too. Bowser Jr or Metaknight attacking with their respective airships is a fun idea too.
I want a grand reunion of the Super Mario RPG cast (or at least the ones in Smash Bros) and have them face Ganondorf or Ridley. Maybe it can happen on some villain's trailer if there's anyone left. If there's gonna be a new Tabuu, Geno should be one of the last reveals because he's quite important with stars and all that.

Last edited:

aquasound

Smash Rookie
I’m still of the mindset that they need to somehow make his reveal based on the original smash64 opening. How they do it without spoiling his reveal too early in it idk.

I agree that Rosalina does make some sense to be in it in some ways, but I also feel it’d be better to have mario, peach and bowser, just because they all appeared together and worked together in smrpg.

But regardless I just wanna see something using the original smash bros opening.
I have a possible solution for Geno's reveal using the Smash 64 concept. Master Hand would be seen taking out Mario, Bowser, and Peach dolls individually and dropping them onto the table. The camera's been following Master Hand the whole time. The camera then pans to the 3 figurines as Master Hand goes off-screen to pick up another figure from the box. A few moments later, Geno's figure drops onto the table as well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Sorry man, Rosalina is bar none the most sensible character to be in his trailer. You can hate her in Smash, but that doesn't stop her from being one of the best Mario characters. :V
Dollars to donuts she'll be one of the characters in Geno's trailer because the star correlation along with the not-so-subtle Pinnocchio-Blue Fairy connection is way too easy to make but, again, I hate how she is in Smash, at least in Smash 4. I really hope Luma is adjusted to not be so janky.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I have a possible solution for Geno's reveal using the Smash 64 concept. Master Hand would be seen taking out Mario, Bowser, and Peach dolls individually and dropping them onto the table. The camera's been following Master Hand the whole time. The camera then pans to the 3 figurines as Master Hand goes off-screen to pick up another figure from the box. A few moments later, Geno's figure drops onto the table as well.
yeah I think he could make it work. also I think since we're specifically wanting and looking for Geno us fan's will probably pick up on it sooner than others. since we have in our heads all these possible options for reveals.
but for those that haven't been pouring through ideas for a Geno reveal going back to the roots might make them think it's a story mode trailer again or something.

Dollars to donuts she'll be one of the characters in Geno's trailer because the star correlation along with the not-so-subtle Pinnocchio-Blue Fairy connection is way too easy to make but, again, I hate how she is in Smash, at least in Smash 4. I really hope Luma is adjusted to not be so janky.
well from Dabuz's analysis of the Rosa gameplay looks like the jank has been nerfed. Luma seems to now dance around while Rosa is being hit.
which makes me sad being an evil Rosa main myself laughing whenever Luma did something dumb in my favor ':D

but it's okay I'm gonna be moving on to new characters in ultimate so I don't require Luma's services anymore.

We were DEFINITELY going to get a fighter in that direct, there's little room for doubt. That's why everything has slowed down... We're just waiting for the next direct announcement, because we KNOW we're gonna have something to sink our teeth into.

I wouldn't take anything WatchMojo says at face value. There are no actual statistics behind anything they do.
yeah we're all kind of in this weird awkward state where our hype has been put on pause and we're all anxiously waiting for a new date for the direct.
we're doing out best to be patient and respectful. but with such amazing reveals as Ridley and K. Rool a lot of peoples hopes are through the roof right now!

Geno and Isaac fans now know relevancy isn't a factor and their chances are looking really good.

Skull kid fans have these really weird hints from furniture that suddenly made their group come alive when nobody thought he was even on the map.

Dixie fan's our super anxious not sure what K. Rool being in means for them. expecting an Echo to be likely but not too keen on it (and if dark Samus says anything the echo would likely show up next direct)

and Shantae fans have new life because they see Shovel knight's assist trophy reveal as a hopeful sign.
personally I've kinda been refreshing my search of nintendo direct news constantly hoping the date will be announced......... I have a problem

Last edited:
Dollars to donuts she'll be one of the characters in Geno's trailer because the star correlation along with the not-so-subtle Pinnocchio-Blue Fairy connection is way too easy to make...
Good point. It would be fitting for Rosalina to be the one to 'revive' Geno from his puppet state. I would love to see :ultpeach: and :ultbowser: team up again in a potential Geno reveal trailer (as a nice nod to SMRPG). Plus both of them have not appeared in a CGI trailer yet (correct me if i'm wrong). As for Mario, well he was already in a few reveal trailers and some say he's been 'killed' by Ridley...

Last edited:

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Geno I'm not worried about since Sakurai has confirmed his popularity at a time after the ballot results would have been known.
but Ashley's absence makes me wonder if she was not as big as we thought. like in all dozens of reaction videos I saw hardly anyone even blinked at her deconfirmation. and the few that acknowledged her didn't seem to care... weird.
Ashley might have been big, but #AshelyForSmash might not have been the same level. Prior to Smashboards I wasn't aware people wanted her for Smash. Though she was big enough to smashwise to make a good showing in SSB4 Dojo's Poll data. She was next to bomberman, above daisy.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
She's no Bayo, but I understand the frustration at the character. But you can probably rest easy; from what very little we've seen, we already know that Luma (much like Nana) can not act when Rosalina is grabbed, in hit stun, etc. That alone will go a long way in lessening the jank, and there are probably other nerfs we haven't seen yet as well.

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Though I don't really believe many of the far-fetched ideas of hints of characters, G-E-N-O through the characters is a theory I wish I could believe.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Though I don't really believe many of the far-fetched ideas of hints of characters, G-E-N-O through the characters is a theory I wish I could believe.
I don't think anyone actually believes that. It's just a fun joke

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
3DS FC
1805-2375-5612
Switch FC
7913-4114-6709
You know going back to this image guys I noticed something...
what is the background supposed to be??

previously I assumed this was him being picked on the character select screen but that's not how the background looks like when a fighter is selected.
i mean I already distrust any zoomed in picture because if it's so close it obviously means they are trying to hide something.

might be a bit late here but i always thought the background could be from the Trophy Viewer, with this being Geno's fighter trophy from Classic mode or something. its the only thing i can think of that'd make sense, since i can't really imagine a scene like this showing up in a reveal trailer, and it doesn't seem to be from any stage we know of.

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys!

I've posted a few times, however, I really want you all to know how much I love Mario RPG. Side note, I was relieved that the direct got postponed, cause I wanted to contribute some good vibes to this wave of Geno support before anything major gets announced, whether he makes it in or not. I decided it'd be best to share my talent with you all. I draw! I studied fine art at the University of Utah for three years, and I just recently changed my major to Video Game design. I spent a year or so transitioning over to digital media. I just spent the past couple days working on this Geno fan art. I really owe it to the community in this forum. I've been a huge Geno supporter since 2006, and seeing how much support he has now compared to then seriously makes me so happy. Aside from that, back in 2006, I couldn't draw for ****, but now I can, lol. I wish I could go back in time and tell my 14 year old self that there are other people who like Mario RPG as much as me. I hope you all enjoy this fan art. I had a lot of fun creating it. Thought I'd create a night-themed Geno piece. Oh, and shameless plug, if you like this, please follow me on Instagram @manny.draws I have a lot of good stuff there. Please give me some love there if you can and tell your friends, and credit me if you share this fan art, I need more exposure! And yeah, this drawing is dedicated to you guys, in this forum, thanks for supporting Geno with me! <3

link2702

Smash Champion
I think I might have thought of a way to do geno’s trailer with the smash 64 style.

Master hand drops the toys on the table, but at the point where he’s doing the “3, 2, 1 Snap” with his fingers and bringing them to life, there’s a slight pause between each countdown, then right as snaps his fingers you see a disc with the critical hit sound shoot across the screen knocking both fighters off screen, the camera quickly jumps back to the toybox still open, when just then geno jumps out followed by his splash screen and whatever they feel appropriate to announce him with.

Dan

Smash Lord
Earlier in the thread I mentioned Booster as a Wario Echo... that got me wondering why they didn't just use Wario instead of Booster in SMRPG. "Wario's Tower" would've been pretty damn cool; it's like why don't they use Mario characters who aren't Mario, Peach, Bowser and Toad in the sandbox games? I don't want to get too off-topic, but it could've been the Koopalings instead of the Broodals, etc.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Wario was still a very minor character at the time, despite having a few weirdo games like Mario and Wario and Wario's Woods. My guess is that Miyamoto wasn't sure he would be recognized, or felt he wasn't part of the "main cast", so Square just used a facsimile. Here's something I could never decide on. If there were to be an official remake would you want Wario to replace Booster?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Earlier in the thread I mentioned Booster as a Wario Echo... that got me wondering why they didn't just use Wario instead of Booster in SMRPG. "Wario's Tower" would've been pretty damn cool; it's like why don't they use Mario characters who aren't Mario, Peach, Bowser and Toad in the sandbox games? I don't want to get too off-topic, but it could've been the Koopalings instead of the Broodals, etc.
I have always wondered that. Maybe they originally intended Booster to be Wario

It'd be interesting if some of the unique characters in the game were originally going to be Mario characters

Dan

Smash Lord
Wario was still a very minor character at the time, despite having a few weirdo games like Mario and Wario and Wario's Woods. My guess is that Miyamoto wasn't sure he would be recognized, or felt he wasn't part of the "main cast", so Square just used a facsimile. Here's something I could never decide on. If there were to be an official remake would you want Wario to replace Booster?
Fair enough, but it's still like why fix something that isn't broken? Or if he was unestablished, creating a clone would just make him more obscure. And no; Booster's too important to the lineage that there would be backlash now if they replaced him with Wario, but I would cream at the thought of a remake with Mario/Rabbids graphics. That way, they could put a clear picture of Wario on the Booster family tree/wall of fame thing.

I'm sure you guys have seen the pic of Luigi attending a feast at Nimbus Land:

The hoops I would jump through to see the beta builds of this and Mario 64...

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm never really in favor of characters being replaced. I'm still mad that "White mage magikoopa" was replaced with Dr. Toad in the Mario and Luigi remake.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
You know going back to this image guys I noticed something...
what is the background supposed to be??

previously I assumed this was him being picked on the character select screen but that's not how the background looks like when a fighter is selected.
i mean I already distrust any zoomed in picture because if it's so close it obviously means they are trying to hide something.

My guess it's a picture from his cut scene in Spirits (assumed) mode.

Dan

Smash Lord
I want SMRPG on Switch so bad so I can play it on the toilet.

Dan

Smash Lord

A video to watch while we all wait for the Direct. The ordering was bad (if there was an order); our boy at least made #2, but I don't like Waluigi at 1. Dixie and Bandana Dee didn't even get honorable mentions (they should have priority over Shantae, Crash, Rex & Pyra and of course Shrek - the video deserves a dislike for that; it isn't 2015 anymore).

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I loved the WatchMojo video and thoroughly enjoyed that Geno was number one. I'm hearing so many good trailer ideas. I do think Peach and Bowser need to be featured in some way.

Dan

Smash Lord
I loved the WatchMojo video and thoroughly enjoyed that Geno was number one. I'm hearing so many good trailer ideas. I do think Peach and Bowser need to be featured in some way.
Geno was two; Waluigi was 1.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

A video to watch while we all wait for the Direct. The ordering was bad (if there was an order); our boy at least made #2, but I don't like Waluigi at 1. Dixie and Bandana Dee didn't even get honorable mentions (they should have priority over Shantae, Crash, Rex & Pyra and of course Shrek - the video deserves a dislike for that; it isn't 2015 anymore).
I was going to post that yesterday but I think I ended up passing out from exhaustion on my bed. I was wearing my jeans and everything when I woke up this morning, lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I question the reality of this list, but it having popular characters for votes that are ironic don't make them less of actual votes.

Shrek is still weird, but I could see it. At least Goku's main set of votes are for ones who genuinely want him in.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I definitely support Geno, mostly for all of you, the community. Similar to Golden Sun, everyone's love for this character has made me want to finally play their game, and to see them in Smash! I just really want to see your dedication pay off. He would seemingly be very unique as well. I really believe it's going to happen this time..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't know how true these leaks are but I hope we get the Direct before Wednesday because it's inevitable that I will know something before I want to know it.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Yeah that Youtuber is posting EVERY leaks because he's desperate for some views.
I can't believe in a RH character, especially when it's not the Chorus Kids. They were the only who got requested. Also, it's really easy to make a fake leak including a RH character.
I'm waiting for Geno's pics and then I'll say if I believe it or not.

Currently, I consider this to be a fake.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
WiiUGamer12 is not a reliable source for information
I was wondering how do you find out if somebody faked or photoshop a picture. Apparently the guy on 4chan is making multiple accounts with the same name. I just want to know the proof of how those pictures of karate Joe are unable to be debunked. Cuz the leaker is also claiming Geno is in. But I don't know if it's the same person someone is making an account with his name and posting fake information

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that Youtuber is posting EVERY leaks because he's desperate for some views.
I can't believe in a RH character, especially when it's not the Chorus Kids. They were the only who got requested. Also, it's really easy to make a fake leak including a RH character.
I'm waiting for Geno's pics and then I'll say if I believe it or not.

Currently, I consider this to be a fake.
Lol yeah, that and he plugs his merch for the first 30 seconds of all of his videos. xDDDD

link2702

Smash Champion
Forget pics, need to show us an actual video of him in action.

I know I sound like a broken record about it, but convincing fake pictures in this day are not that difficult to create if you know even slightly what you’re doing with photoshop.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm desperate for Geno LOL. Only reason why I would want karate Joe in is to know for a fact that Geno would get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom