• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoFan388

Smash Rookie
I noticed that I'm not on the supporter list. If you ever get the chance, add me to it! I want my name to go down in history when our boy becomes playable!

Dan

Smash Lord
You guys are crazy thinking another Direct is coming anytime soon.

grizby2

Smash Lord
im thinking the last one is in the middle of October. id rather have them spend more time on getting the game nice and polished rather than rehearsing for another direct. I feel like too many directs specifically for smash might come off as a bit pushy for some people. plus, you gotta keep the crowd in suspense! how else are they gonna one-up the k. rool reveal?

TBone06

Smash Ace
im thinking the last one is in the middle of October. id rather have them spend more time on getting the game nice and polished rather than rehearsing for another direct. I feel like too many directs specifically for smash might come off as a bit pushy for some people. plus, you gotta keep the crowd in suspense! how else are they gonna one-up the k. rool reveal?
The only problem is, we only have three months. If most people's predictions of 9-10 new characters is the case, how are you going to fit those into one more direct? I think having two more isn't unreasonable. I think you're generating momentum at the right time. I do hope we get two more directs, one general Nintendo, and one Smash specific in November.

link2702

Smash Champion
Call me crazy but honestly y’all still shouldn’t get worked uo over that blurry geno “leak” because another thing we need to keep in mind is, is that IF the leak was legit, I feel like Nintendo would be doing some damage control by now, and possibly quickly release the trailer for him, kinda like they did Shulk in 4.

Yet we haven’t heard anything, likewise never underestimate the skills of someone who knows their way with photoshop.

So unless Nintendo scrambles to get a new direct/smash trailer up, I’d still take that with a grain of salt. Y’all were right though it’s a good reaction image even if it’s likely fake.

Not meaning to stomp on people’s parades, just that the fake leaks can be pretty damn convincing this day and age.

I still hold to my original stance, in this day and age, it needs to be a lot more than a blurry image. Video is the best evidence.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Call me crazy but honestly y’all still shouldn’t get worked uo over that blurry geno “leak” because another thing we need to keep in mind is, is that IF the leak was legit, I feel like Nintendo would be doing some damage control by now, and possibly quickly release the trailer for him, kinda like they did Shulk in 4.

Yet we haven’t heard anything, likewise never underestimate the skills of someone who knows their way with photoshop.

So unless Nintendo scrambles to get a new direct/smash trailer up, I’d still take that with a grain of salt. Y’all were right though it’s a good reaction image even if it’s likely fake.
I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a legit picture leak yet

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Main difference here is the Geno image got *buried* under mountains of fakes in the same 3 day span. Even if it's fake, people aren't talking about it because they *assume* it's fake. With the ESRB leaks, the whole game got blown open, and EVERYONE was talking about them. EVERYWHERE. They were huge, and looked very real.

Even if the Geno image is real (and even if it's not, it looks great), it's only being talked about here, and outside here people will shout fake on principle.

Dan

Smash Lord
I didn't realize you guys may be talking about a general Nintendo Direct; that would make sense. Reveal some stuff there and then cap it off with a final Smash Direct. Maybe the Nintendo Direct could tween at the end of this month/early October and then the Smash Direct late October/early November, though I don't know how long they would want to make us wait for the game after revealing everything.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didn't realize you guys may be talking about a general Nintendo Direct; that would make sense. Reveal some stuff there and then cap it off with a final Smash Direct. Maybe the Nintendo Direct could tween at the end of this month/early October and then the Smash Direct late October/early November, though I don't know how long they would want to make us wait for the game after revealing everything.
We are. I doubt anyone seriously thinks we'd get a Smash Direct less than a month after the last one. I expect we'll know every newcomer by mid-November at the latest, because people like Gamexplain will start getting their review copies.

Dan

Smash Lord
We are. I doubt anyone seriously thinks we'd get a Smash Direct less than a month after the last one. I expect we'll know every newcomer by mid-November at the latest, because people like Gamexplain will start getting their review copies.
Right, and I'm sure there's a lot of marketing stuff where they want to drop the game when people are hyped and the news is fresh on everyone's minds.

GoombaSSB

Smash Rookie
I'm not expecting another direct til mid to late September. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun in that sense.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hello everyone! I have been a long time lurker to this forum (Brawl days and on) and I am here to show my support.
These next couple of days, weeks or months til the next direct are going to be crazy. So I thought of a fun way to pass the time. If (and when) Geno makes into the game, what event matches would he be a part of? One example I have would be fighting Geno and Kirby on Fountain of Dreams and the event would be called 'Star Warriors'.

I just started playing SMRPG and I am loving every minute of it!

Dan

Smash Lord
Hello everyone! I have been a long time lurker to this forum (Brawl days and on) and I am here to show my support.
These next couple of days, weeks or months til the next direct are going to be crazy. So I thought of a fun way to pass the time. If (and when) Geno makes into the game, what event matches would he be a part of? One example I have would be fighting Geno and Kirby on Fountain of Dreams and the event would be called 'Star Warriors'.

I just started playing SMRPG and I am loving every minute of it!
Damn, if Geno doesn't get a stage, FoD would be pretty good home turf for him.

Edit: That or of course Paper Mario, or even a middle-ground at Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
The only problem is, we only have three months. If most people's predictions of 9-10 new characters is the case, how are you going to fit those into one more direct? I think having two more isn't unreasonable. I think you're generating momentum at the right time. I do hope we get two more directs, one general Nintendo, and one Smash specific in November.
9-10 characters is a lot! at highest id say there were 7 left including echos. i'll gladly take 9 or 10 though. :p

I just think it'd be cool if the last video was just CRAMMED with a ton of reveals.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
9-10 characters is a lot! at highest id say there were 7 left including echos. i'll gladly take 9 or 10 though. :p

I just think it'd be cool if the last video was just CRAMMED with a ton of reveals.
Maybe they'll do it like Brawl's reveal trailer where they cram all the newcomers in one trailer

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
As I’ve been saying for a while now, 3-4 newcomers makes sense at this point with the way things have been handled. We’re pretty much due for a regular Nintendo Direct any time this September. In that I expect us to see one more character reveal.

Then I fully expect another Smash focused Nintendo Direct that focuses on the new mode, online, etc. in November. Since they revealed two in the August Direct, I pretty much expect another two announcements for unique newcomers and the rest of the echo fighters to be announced there.

The fourth is my consideration given to a random one-off reveal or the possibility of say a Pokémon being announced in a similarly Pokémon focused direct.

That’s not a lot of room for newcomers, but I tend to see Geno as ending up with one of those spots at least. For reference, I don’t think Geno is going to be as massive as we tend to believe reveal wise. He’s got a community legacy and a lot of hype, but I don’t see him as quite THE blowout character left that is deserving of that title. He could get that status, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I just really hope he is revealed next (I mean Skull Kid or Isaac would make me equally happy, I just wanna see Geno as soon as possible).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As I’ve been saying for a while now, 3-4 newcomers makes sense at this point with the way things have been handled. We’re pretty much due for a regular Nintendo Direct any time this September. In that I expect us to see one more character reveal.

Then I fully expect another Smash focused Nintendo Direct that focuses on the new mode, online, etc. in November. Since they revealed two in the August Direct, I pretty much expect another two announcements for unique newcomers and the rest of the echo fighters to be announced there.

The fourth is my consideration given to a random one-off reveal or the possibility of say a Pokémon being announced in a similarly Pokémon focused direct.

That’s not a lot of room for newcomers, but I tend to see Geno as ending up with one of those spots at least. For reference, I don’t think Geno is going to be as massive as we tend to believe reveal wise. He’s got a community legacy and a lot of hype, but I don’t see him as quite THE blowout character left that is deserving of that title. He could get that status, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I just really hope he is revealed next (I mean Skull Kid or Isaac would make me equally happy, I just wanna see Geno as soon as possible).
I feel you are on point with all you have said. I completely agree with the 3 to 4 more unique newcomers left to show.

Something tells me Geno will probably be revealed at the beginning of a direct so Sakurai can inform people of who he is afterwards. Kind of how Simon Belmont was revealed.

We shall see what happens.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Imagine if they actually went all out and made Geno's stage the same way they did the Castlevania stage, by adding all different bosses that can spawn in. They would have enough interesting ones to choose from, Bowyer, Mack, the Axem Rangers!!

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Imagine if they actually went all out and made Geno's stage the same way they did the Castlevania stage, by adding all different bosses that can spawn in. They would have enough interesting ones to choose from, Bowyer, Mack, the Axem Rangers!!
This would be the best future.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1536033558437.jpg

This is fake. Type in Geno Mario RPG in google and this pops up

jordan-ewing-geno-1.jpg

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
also when it comes to these blurry images I can't help but wonder "How old is your phone?!" like seriously a phone now adays should get far clearer pictures then that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm honestly amazed more people haven't tried doing a fake with the key art; making models is so much more obvious and theoretically difficult vs. hand-drawn art with a specific style.

gebi

Cloud Prince
Haha okay i was really confused why you were so against it. No the rumour is of a general direct. A smash direct this month is practically impossible.

Dan

Smash Lord
Am I the only one convinced that now that the internet has caught on to Skull Kid that Sakurai's gonna throw a curveball and save him for later? Also, couldn't those hints equally be for Geno? The only thing is that cushion is pure Skull Kid, but otherwise, the blue and yellow chairs are Geno's colors (forgive me if the chair is actually lime green: I'm colorblind), and the fern could represent Forest Maze.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Am I the only one convinced that now that the internet has caught on to Skull Kid that Sakurai's gonna throw a curveball and save him for later? Also, couldn't those hints equally be for Geno? The only thing is that cushion is pure Skull Kid, but otherwise, the blue and yellow chairs are Geno's colors (forgive me if the chair is actually lime green: I'm colorblind), and the fern could represent Forest Maze.
the chairs are purple and yellow, like Skull Kids fairies

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
The chairs are straight up yellow and purple.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anyone know how to save this as a GIF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom