• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ezgif-2-72e698210d.gif

Ok. I figured it out. Just googled it

I thought it was some kind of program. Not downloading some kind of program

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Since everyone shares their predictions...

I'm predicting this:

5 more newcommers:

Geno
Isaac
Inciniroar
Bandanna Waddledee
Banjo Kazooie

6 More Echos
Dixie Kong -> Diddy Kong
Isabelle -> Villager
Shadow -> Sonic
Ken -> Ryu
Felix -> Isaac
Jeanne -> Bayonetta

--
That would put us at a solid 84 reps. Which fits with the theory that the base roster will be divisible by 4, 3, and 2 because of the Smashdown mode thing where it locks out your fighters as you pick them.

I wonder if I'll be close. :O I kinda feel like my picks are mostly safe ones. lol

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
There are more appropriate threads for this, but I'll throw in my two cents:

I'm of the mind that we're going to essentially double what we have now in terms of newcomers. So 4 more uniques and 4 more echoes.

Geno
Isaac
Skull Kid
Wild card 3rd-party as final reveal: Such as Banjo-Kazooie, Lloyd, Rayman, Heihachi, or Shantae

Shadow
Ken
Isabelle
Dixie Kong

That's where my head's at, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Echoes. And you can potentially throw a Gen 7 Pokemon in there as well if leaks are to be believed.

Last edited:

gebi

Cloud Prince
Since everyone shares their predictions...

I'm predicting this:

5 more newcommers:

Geno
Isaac
Inciniroar
Bandanna Waddledee
Banjo Kazooie

6 More Echos
Dixie Kong -> Diddy Kong
Isabelle -> Villager
Shadow -> Sonic
Ken -> Ryu
Felix -> Isaac
Jeanne -> Bayonetta

--
That would put us at a solid 84 reps. Which fits with the theory that the base roster will be divisible by 4, 3, and 2 because of the Smashdown mode thing where it locks out your fighters as you pick them.

I wonder if I'll be close. :O I kinda feel like my picks are mostly safe ones. lol
A lot of picks are safe now with the ballot haha. But solid list none the less and very close to mine

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Oh gosh, what would his stage be? I would kill for the top of Bowser's castle, with Exor as a boss/hazard.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Oh gosh, what would his stage be? I would kill for the top of Bowser's castle, with Exor as a boss/hazard.
This is my personal vote as well.

We've never had a Bowser's Castle stage, even though it's an iconic locale in the Mario series, and it doubles as the most iconic place in SMRPG. Exor is also, I would argue, the most iconic boss too and (loosely) tied to Geno (he's the only boss that Geno can one-shot with Geno Whirl and he destroyed the Star Road).

I could see it end up being Forest Maze but I would strongly prefer Bowser's Keep.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

oh I never thought about the division on smash down! because they gotta want to make it so people can do it with the full cast! is there other numbers where they can also get that magic number of being divisible with 2, 3, and 4 players?

Wild card 3rd-party as final reveal: Such as Banjo-Kazooie, Lloyd, Rayman, Heihachi, or Shantae
huh this just gave me a thought. It seems to make sense to have the final reveal be a big third party. but they didn't reveal Simon last. so maybe we should be expecting one more third party character? hmmmm....

Abha

Smash Journeyman

We've never had a Bowser's Castle stage, even though it's an iconic locale in the Mario series, and it doubles as the most iconic place in SMRPG. Exor is also, I would argue, the most iconic boss too and (loosely) tied to Geno (he's the only boss that Geno can one-shot with Geno Whirl and he destroyed the Star Road).

I could see it end up being Forest Maze but I would strongly prefer Bowser's Keep.
Insert the obligatory comment about the awful Bowser's Castle portion of the Paper Mario stage

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628

Right!? It's perfect. ^_^ I wouldn't mind Forest Maze, I suppose. Maybe random arrows could fall from the sky. A lot of people think it will be Booster's tower, which I'm personally hoping against.

oh also, I am sorry to be off topic, but how does one go about creating a sig with wanted newcomers that includes those adorable face icons? :o

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
^ I mean, Smash 64 is the only game in the series that I actually play competitively.

I would love to retroactively add Geno to it. >_>

Is that an everdrive hack?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
^ I mean, Smash 64 is the only game in the series that I actually play competitively.

I would love to retroactively add Geno to it. >_>

Is that an everdrive hack?
I have no idea. I'll just link the site

http://peardian.tumblr.com/tagged/Super-Mario-RPG

It's the same guy that made those great renders of the Mario RPG bosses that you might see around. I think someone in this thread uses his Mack model for their avatar.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I have no idea. I'll just link the site

http://peardian.tumblr.com/tagged/Super-Mario-RPG

It's the same guy that made those great renders of the Mario RPG bosses that you might see around. I think someone in this thread uses his Mack model for their avatar.
Man, this stuff is really great!

It always amazes me the extent to which Geno fans go. I feel like plenty of fanbases have their support and all but Geno literally gets modded into games and receives dedicated renders (which are no easy task, as we've discussed). He's had so many flash animations as well.

It's really something to behold.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
kc.png

Also new Geno reaction image by "Keroish" I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong about that

TBone06

Smash Ace
9-10 characters is a lot! at highest id say there were 7 left including echos. i'll gladly take 9 or 10 though. :p

I just think it'd be cool if the last video was just CRAMMED with a ton of reveals.
Yeah, I don’t think we’re getting 9 unique fighters. But I can see a 5/4 split. I think we are getting 4 more unique personally and 4/5 echos. That is possible that we get a brawl type reveal, but I think that takes away from some of the newcomers. I think each newcomer will get a unique reveal. Echos might be sprinkled in here and there.

domriver

Smash Lord
oh I never thought about the division on smash down! because they gotta want to make it so people can do it with the full cast! is there other numbers where they can also get that magic number of being divisible with 2, 3, and 4 players?

huh this just gave me a thought. It seems to make sense to have the final reveal be a big third party. but they didn't reveal Simon last. so maybe we should be expecting one more third party character? hmmmm....
I 100% agree! :D
On another Note: you guys keeping up with this new leak states a direct is happening Thursday giving us Isaac and Incenaroar. Also it says Kingdom Hearts Cosutmes. We should't be to concerned im guessing. What say you guys?

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I 100% agree! :D
On another Note: you guys keeping up with this new leak states a direct is happening Thursday giving us Isaac and Incenaroar. Also it says Kingdom Hearts Cosutmes. We should't be to concerned im guessing. What say you guys?
I think I kinda just read "leaks" now like they're the National Enquirer. Interesting, but ultimately I don't take'em serious enough to really pay attention (a few exceptions).

The kingdom hearts costumes sound kinda...oddball. Could be true but I wouldn't have guessed.

Last edited:

aquasound

Smash Rookie
Was just thinking about potential Final Smashes for Geno, and while Geno Blast would be an obvious choice (being his last special move in SMRPG and all), what do you guys think about Geno Whirl?

I can see it working similarly to Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow from previous Smash titles, where it would affect those on the same horizontal line as you. The '9999' would appear over each character affected, and Geno could do his signature taunt as they get knocked away, just like in SMRPG.

Just imagining his moveset potential gets me hyped.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Was just thinking about potential Final Smashes for Geno, and while Geno Blast would be an obvious choice (being his last special move in SMRPG and all), what do you guys think about Geno Whirl?
Actually, Geno Flash is the last special he learns. For some odd reason, the cannon is called "Flash" and the rainbow light attack is called "Blast". Maybe it was a mix-up on the developers' parts or maybe they were being cheeky.

As for the suggestion, I think I'd prefer Geno Whirl as his side special. Though the idea makes sense as a Final Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I do feel like Geno would be the last character revealed. I feel like Sakurai would naturally have to point out "this is the final new addition to the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, please, take a look," and then after his reveal he can have his moment during the gameplay footage to point out "this is a special character. His inclusion was very difficult, but his support among fans has been consistent for each iteration of Smash Bros. We've done our best to make sure anyone who plays as this character will enjoy him, regardless of whether or not you're familiar with him. I hope everyone will enjoy this final addition to the roster."

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Why not a combination of his moves? He could hit them with Geno blast and as they are being hit with the blast he hops back, transforms into a cannon and fires Geno Flash. THAT would be awesome.

EDIT: It could be called 'Geno's Grand Finale'

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I can't yet fathom 3D Geno but his move set seems exiting with his star explosives.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I do feel like Geno would be the last character revealed. I feel like Sakurai would naturally have to point out "this is the final new addition to the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, please, take a look," and then after his reveal he can have his moment during the gameplay footage to point out "this is a special character. His inclusion was very difficult, but his support among fans has been consistent for each iteration of Smash Bros. We've done our best to make sure anyone who plays as this character will enjoy him, regardless of whether or not you're familiar with him. I hope everyone will enjoy this final addition to the roster."
I hope Sakurai does provide us some verbal validation of our support, but I hope they don’t save us for last because I am already thirsty for Geno related news :)

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm replaying Super Mario RPG, am I the only one who think that the Boshi's race is just... bad ? Everytime I play like an idiot, I win but if I try to play good, I'm too slow. :laugh:

domriver

Smash Lord
I'm replaying Super Mario RPG, am I the only one who think that the Boshi's race is just... bad ? Everytime I play like an idiot, I win but if I try to play good, I'm too slow. :laugh:
I am going to replay the game as well and this time No healing from characters. So no peach. See how that goes. lol

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Actually, the whole roster being perfectly divisible by 1, 2, 3, and 4 for the Smash Down mode kind of falls apart when you start considering DLC will likely be a thing. Even if the roster becomes the perfect number, it's more than likely that they'll be immediately messing that up. I think one of the reasons this has gotten some traction is because people WANT it to be true. Having another 9 characters in total to reveal, including Echo fighters, is still so much more than we ever expected, and it sounds good.

To be fair, I've said 3-4 unique newcomers, and 5-6 Echo fighters to go along with that isn't necessarily a huge stretch. But it does feel like one of those situations where it's a loose justification. I'm also not entirely convinced that we will get more Echo fighters versus unique newcomers. As big of a presence as they have this time around, I would prefer to see a more even split, but there is a much higher chance than I care to admit that we'll see more.

I just don't want to see him go crazy with Echo fighters like some people seem to expect (Not every third party now needs an Echo for god's sake).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think 3-4 unique newcomers is the reasonable expectation. It could actually go as low as 2 more, just like it could be 5 to 7, but really we don't know exactly what they're planning or if there's even a limit for dlc, they might just make a button again to another page. Which would make sense if we get 10 or more characters with dlc. who knows.

I like Geno. He a good dolly, saves the world. *thumb up*

And hey bowser's castle would be a great addition in general, it's iconic, it was in mario kart and all. I'd prefer Forest Maze or something outdoorsey, but we actually dont have many indoors, so it could be something.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm in the mindset of 5-6 unique characters left. About the same for echo fighters.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
actually when you put Geno's moves into smash they fit quite well

Geno Beam is :GCB:
Geno Whirl is :GCR::GCB:
Geno Boost could be re-purposed to be :GCU::GCB: in some way
Geno Blast :GCD::GCB:

And Geno Flash could be the final smash

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
A few of y'all seem to think Isaac is a "safe" base roster prediction... As an Isaac fan, that warms my heart. Here's hoping your star puppet finally makes it in, too!

link2702

Smash Champion
Here’s something I don’t think anyone’s discussed much as far as smash down goes...

What if when you don’t have the right amount of characters to be equally divided, the game either limits how many players can play at once(such as when you haven’t unlocked everyone), or the game gives you the option to block some characters from being selected, OR you can choose a select few characters that can be played more than once?

This way, sakurai doesn’t have to lock things down to a roster being divisible by 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Dan

Smash Lord
Echoes are a little more difficult to predict since I don't think everyone was exactly clamoring for Richter.

I like that it pretty much seems like every Geno supporter is a Banjo supporter as well... '90s kids unite!

I think this Brawl hack absolutely nailed what the stage should be:

What a 180 from Wii U era; ending with a character that didn't actually win the ballot vs. a niche character people have wanted for ages... tbh, unless it's Goku (who I don't care if he's in the game or not), the thing that would have made sense for a "final Direct" is open with K. Rool and close with Ridley, but I have faith that they have something up their sleeve that will bless us all the same.

Like I would be ecstatic with Geno as the final reveal, but I doubt the majority would... maybe a 50/50 split.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I hope Sakurai does provide us some verbal validation of our support, but I hope they don’t save us for last because I am already thirsty for Geno related news :)
I wouldn't that would be necessary for you guys. Geno being in Smash at all should be proof and a sheer testament to the devotion and dedication of his fanbase, just like K. Rool and Ridley are.

I don't know if I've said it but good luck you guys. If you had asked me even in the Brawl days I would've said Geno is both unlikely and not really necessary. But now, after seeing the direction Sakurai is taking this Smash, and seeing all the miracles he's pulling off that only a few years ago everyone would've said would never happen, well man I'm really excited and hope Geno makes it in now. The fact we're in a Smash hype phase where every newcomer is back, Ridley, Simon Belmont, and K. Rool have all been confirmed, and that's not even all the new faces, with characters like Isaac, Skull Kid, Banjo and Geno not only possible but likely, I still don't fully believe it. It's surreal.

Edit: Also to go on the earlier discussion of Stages, I hope Geno gets Vista Hill. To me that seems like the perfect stage, a simple layout with no gimmicks but a fantastic, iconic and ominous view in the background. Fan art helps do that view justice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom