• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I never believed in that theory, so, it doesn't reallychange anything for me. I still believe that Geno is an absolute lock.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's possible that they are reserving new music for franchises that haven't gotten a music update yet, but they'll make an exception for newcomers that they wanted to hold off on, especially if they're from the most-popular franchises. so Geno and Skull Kid.

Last edited:

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about how Geno Whirl could work. I think they should add a timed element where if you press B on hit correctly you can do more damage. However, it'd be cool if there was a .0001% chance of it doing 999% damage if you hit it correctly. I think that chance element would be fun.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No reason to get down. Skull kid and bandana Dee fans never cared about the music theory. Otherwise they would have given up by now

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was thinking about how Geno Whirl could work. I think they should add a timed element where if you press B on hit correctly you can do more damage. However, it'd be cool if there was a .0001% chance of it doing 999% damage if you hit it correctly. I think that chance element would be fun.
I love the idea of times hits for his moves. For Geno Whirl it could do extra damage on a perfect hit and launch distance could be up a bit. Also, it could have the dramatic slowdown on a perfect hit!

Update: Got Geno in SMRPG. What an entrance!

Klimax

Smash Ace
No reason to get down. Skull kid and bandana Dee fans never cared about the music theory. Otherwise they would have given up by now
I didn't know that he already have Kirby and Zelda's music. Yeah, this theory is clearly wrong in my opinion since i'm pretty sure Bandana Dee is also a lock.

I'm replaying SMRPG. I tried the game a first time 4 years ago and i stopped playing it during Jonathan Jones' level, because... i don't even know why. Today, i defeated Jones and Yaridovich (this guy's tough as hell). Tomorrow, i'll play the next level. I plan to finish the game before the next direct. Why ? Because i replayed the DKC trilogy before the august direct and we got K Rool. I'm really superstitious when it comes to Smash speculations. :laugh:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm a lurker in many places on the board. I just have to say this music theory is illogical at this point. I highly doubt that Geno, Skull Kid, and Bandana Dee all can't make it into the game, at least one (most likely more) of them will make it.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
It's like a constant roller coaster :'( The music theory kind of makes sense, and ugh idk, guys, just makes me lose hope again...

Sadly, I do firmly believe Square would be more than stingy enough to not let Geno in.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It's like a constant roller coaster :'( The music theory kind of makes sense, and ugh idk, guys, just makes me lose hope again...

Sadly, I do firmly believe Square would be more than stingy enough to not let Geno in.
We must not lose hope! With the lack of any official information, I can understand believing some theories and thinking "ya that makes sense." This is all friendly speculation and should be treated as such as oppose to our Smash Bible.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't think the Mario music uploaded today really means anything for our chances. I always saw music theory as a fun bit of speculation, but nothing more, so what music gets uploaded, of all things, does not have a concrete effect on the remaining candidates' chances. Besides, if music theory is to be taken as fact, that'd mean that Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and Geno are all out, and honestly, at that point, who else is left?

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Here's my take on the music thing. Geno will be revealed a few weeks later and not in the September Direct. The reason? Currently in the music section on the Smash site has all tracks from all different series, right? See, putting a Mario RPG song right after another Mario song would look pretty off. Seeing 2 songs from the same series and the same symbol right next to each other looks really strange... unless Geno uses a different symbol, but I don't think that's likely with Geno being a Mario character and all that. Though Yoshi has his own symbol, so I dunno.

Klimax

Smash Ace
The music theory can't be true because of Bandana Dee.
Look, this character is one of the most wanted since Smash 4, he probably did well during the ballot and he's a Kirby character and we all know that Sakurai created Kirby. + There's already 2 Kirby's AT, there's no chance that he's an AT. He's one of the main characters of the franchise. Also, Dedede's final smash is the cage fight, if Bandana Dee was not playable, that was the perfect opportunity for an appearance since he's the only person watching the Masked Dedede's cage fight. Bandana Dee is a lock. He kills the music theory.

And even without Bandana Dee, we still have to remember that Geno has nearly everything going for him.

Geno could also have a Super Mario RPG icon. As I said, i wouldn't be surprised with him not having a Mario's icon.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone,

I finally made an account after lurking on these boards every reveal season since Brawl, and I wanted to make the rounds for all the characters I support. Super Mario RPG was a very special game for me as a child and I still go back to it every few years. Seeing that Isaac, Banjo, and Geno finally have the fan momentum and odds on their side after all these years is like a dream come true. Even if we don't get any and all of them, the outpouring of fan support and positivity has meant so much to me. Here's to our favorite star puppet!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Done! Geno is killing in that poll, lol. It's not even close. Which is awesome.

As far as the music theory goes, let's all just let it die. I say that as an advocate of it. I truly believe Geno is a lock, and the whole idea of the theory was further evidence, not conclusive evidence. Just a drop in the bucket that is the evidence of Geno in Smash. It's death benefits other fighters like Bdee, who, honestly, seems like a lock now. So I'd say we're better off.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not gonna lie

I don't know how people even considered the "music theory" valid.

It was more a hypothesis than theory anyways.
I think people were just hoping they could figure out some kind of pattern or find some sort of evidence geno was in.

But, not a whole ton of characters have any proof they were in. So, eh. It's just more comforting if they have proof.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
everyone is grasping at anything they can get at this point. with such big dreams as Ridley and King K Rool having come true everyone is expecting any of their wildest dreams to become a reality.

especially for us! there is so much working in our favor right now. but having so much that makes Geno look like a lock along side that tinyiest of hints of "maybe not?" makes that wait for his reveal feel so much longer. think at this point I'm really going to need to just step away from the hype so that time can actually pass by normal.

I think I've become more inclined to look at leaks because I just want the wait to be over already ': )

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think people were just hoping they could figure out some kind of pattern or find some sort of evidence geno was in.

But, not a whole ton of characters have any proof they were in. So, eh. It's just more comforting if they have proof.
People are a bit too desperate to "feel in control" in this instance after the dev team gave us literally every previously playable fighter return, which is probably the most historic feat in a fighting game ever.

I think we all need to just sit back and enjoy the ride a bit more.

Also, as of right now there are maybe 10 original moveset potential newcomers on the table to be playable (more could happen of course as DLC happens).

Geno is one of them.

That's really all we need to say at this given moment. This was never ever ever really the case in any Smash game before, and yet here we are.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Shame, I really liked the music theory but oh well, the upload of some Mario music was bound to happen at some point :( Anyway as most of you are saying, this really doesn't say anything about Geno's chances. 3 more months and we'll know for sure if he's in!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we broke 'Geno whirled' the poll :p
Said it before, I'll say it again

I don't think Geno should be compared with 3rd party characters. He should be compared with 1st/2nd party characters, because IF Geno is playable in a Smash game, will be presented as such.

Seems rather unfair to the rest of the poll TBH.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Said it before, I'll say it again

I don't think Geno should be compared with 3rd party characters. He should be compared with 1st/2nd party characters, because IF Geno is playable in a Smash game, will be presented as such.

Seems rather unfair to the rest of the poll TBH.

So... maybe I'm wrong, but I've never understood what people mean by "2nd Party" From what I understand first party is the company (Nintendo and the companies under it's umbrella in this case) Second party would be the consumers (us) and third party is literally anyone else. Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Every time I hear people talk about 2nd party characters I think of people clamoring for their OCs from fanfics to get into smash. =P

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
So... maybe I'm wrong, but I've never understood what people mean by "2nd Party" From what I understand first party is the company (Nintendo and the companies under it's umbrella in this case) Second party would be the consumers (us) and third party is literally anyone else. Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Every time I hear people talk about 2nd party characters I think of people clamoring for their OCs from fanfics to get into smash. =P
second party are companies like camelot and the pokemon company, companies that are owned or are partially owned by nintendo

domriver

Smash Lord
Yeah Pokemon is like 2nd party because of the co-ownership with Nintendo. I would guess the same should be with Geno because Nintendo Co-Owns (i could be wrong maybe just published) The MARIO RPG Universe. They share it with Square.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap now I’m nervous. It’s not going to be Geno but at the same time I hope it’s him. Do you guys think he has chances to be announced tomorrow?

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Could be a small possibility. I feel like he'll probably be in a later direct but I have to admit that deep inside me I'm really hoping tomorrow will be the day.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The time and length of the direct tomorrow doesn’t match up with the leak saying it’d be Incineroar and Isaac so anything is possible.

This is the first Direct where I’m feeing like Geno is a real possibility

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Let's hang in there everyone, the SMB3 track could just as well be a bait and switch for tomorrow's Direct. Keep the hope alive!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
You know, I guess there is a technicality that could be considered here - the RPG series could be considered different from mainline mario games.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
The odds favour Skull Kid and Isaac, but Geno is another very likely newcomer for tomorrow!! Definitely a long requested character too lol

Good luck!

Wambo

Smash Ace
Don't forget, this seems like a regular direct that will be directed towards other things beside Smash. Geno is a good character to just throw in there, since he's a fan favorite in the Smash community. I think they'd save a big character everyone knows for another Smash direct.

EDIT: Or vice versa, lol, it's really hard to tell at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom