• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
It’s the waiting that’s killing me.... tomorrows direct can’t come soon enough... I’m really hoping the leak supposedly having incineroar wasn’t true, as no where in it did it list geno :c it got the date right but the time was completely off, as well as the length.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
It’s the waiting that’s killing me.... tomorrows direct can’t come soon enough... I’m really hoping the leak supposedly having incineroar wasn’t true, as no where in it did it list geno :c it got the date right but the time was completely off, as well as the length.
They just got the date right, that's about it. Besides, there were other leakers that were talking about the 6th and that guy probably started piggybacking on it so he could push his fake leak.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm coming from the Isaac thread to wish you luck on this direct! This is nerve wracking for all of us

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
hey Guys. Don't be so mad or worried if you ( we! ) got no GENO tommorow...
i can see this guy too big for a normal Nintendo Direct .

I think Geno deserve a big final reveal in a big smash direct. so don't be sad is he is not here tommorow.
We will see him eventually

but let's hope :-)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Coming from the isaac thread, I have come to give you guys good luck, as I really hope Geno gets into smash. Here's to hoping for any Smash info!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Geno would be revealed tomorrow. Personally I think he'd be saved for last as one last burst of hype.

But this hype cycle has shown us anything can happen

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Don't forget, this seems like a regular direct that will be directed towards other things beside Smash. Geno is a good character to just throw in there, since he's a fan favorite in the Smash community. I think they'd save a big character everyone knows for another Smash direct.

EDIT: Or vice versa, lol, it's really hard to tell at this point.
This pretty much. I'd be kinda surprised if we got something as big as Geno being revealed for Smash in what looks to be a regular Nintendo Direct focused on upcoming games for the 3DS and Switch, although Smash Ultimate could certainly be one of those talked about to some extent. Either way I'm excited to see what's ahead for Nintendo, and I'm certain we'll get to hearing the news about Geno sooner or later.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Yet another guy from the Isaac thread here, just wanted to wish you all good luck as well! Our communities have been suffering together for ages, and it'd be awesome if Geno got his big break.

aquasound

Smash Rookie
I would love for Geno to be revealed tomorrow! However, I think it would make much more of an impact if he were revealed later on (and in a Smash Direct instead). If he were revealed as the last newcomer in the base roster for example, it would show the importance Sakurai still places on Geno, as a "best for last" kind of thing.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I also think Geno is unlikely to show up tomorrow, but I'm confident we'll see him before the game launches! I'm guessing either my boy Skull Kid, Isaac, or the inevitable Pokémon newcomer tomorrow. But don't lose hope if Geno isn't there yet!

ReddThePyro

Smash Rookie
Coming from the Banjo&Kazooie thread. I wish you guys alot of luck as geno is my 2nd most wanted fighter in smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is a Nintendo direct tomorrow

I'm going to be at the State Fair all day tomorrow so I probably won't be able to see it.

Mass @ me if there is some kind of Geno news. Good or Bad

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with quite a few of you here, actually. I think if they reveal Geno, it wouldn't be during the final direct. He either won't be announced and be a surprise character (unlikely given Sakurai's comment in the last direct) or he would be announced around... this time, really. I say this because as much as I like Geno, I don't think he's popular enough to be the big hype reveal before the game releases. He doesn't have the popularity of, say, Megaman.

Otherwise, tomorrow I mostly expect a Pokemon reveal, 100%.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind the final reveal last time was Duck Hunt. If you're just counting pre-release, then it was Shulk.

With Ridley and then K. Rool, they seem to be knocking out the heavy hitters one by one. Whoever that means is next remains to be seen. I'm hoping for one of Geno, Banjo, or Isaac, but at this point am just willing to embrace Sakurai's wild ride and follow the hype train.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Keep in mind the final reveal last time was Duck Hunt. If you're just counting pre-release, then it was Shulk.

With Ridley and then K. Rool, they seem to be knocking out the heavy hitters one by one. Whoever that means is next remains to be seen. I'm hoping for one of Geno, Banjo, or Isaac, but at this point am just willing to embrace Sakurai's wild ride and follow the hype train.
The only thing I can say is they’ve made this about being the ULTIMATE game, and personally I think if they ended their pre-game buzz with a dud, then I think it would be counter-productive. I think tomorrow will be Skull Kid or Isaac, but I can see it being Geno too. I think any of those characters could be a final reveal too.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I thought the Direct was the 7th. Oops. It's probably going to just be the new Pokémon then.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just wanted to say I support geno and definitely expect him in the new one. Who knows, maybe he'll be here tomorrow ;)

We can only hope!

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah, I'm also thinking a pokemon.

Since it's a general Nintendo direct, this could be the opportunity for them to draw more general Nintendo fans into the Smash hype. If it's a character that's mostly popular in the speculation cycle (like Geno), I think they have less odds of appearing.

Here's to hoping anyways, though!

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm also thinking a pokemon.

Since it's a general Nintendo direct, this could be the opportunity for them to draw more general Nintendo fans into the Smash hype. If it's a character that's mostly popular in the speculation cycle (like Geno), I think they have less odds of appearing.

Here's to hoping anyways, though!
There’s a flaw to this logic though: Smash basically prints money so what do they even really need to hype anything specific for? Smash is always one of the most purchased titles. They could announce a literal trash can as playable and millions of people will buy this game regardless. ‍

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I shall wish the best of luck to Geno fans as well !
I know very little about the guy but PapaGenos's videos made me realize how passionate his supporters are.
May we all have a great Direct :happysheep:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Just here to wish you guys good luck for tomorrow's direct! Geno is not on my top list but I know a lot of you have rooted for him since forever so I hope the best for all of you

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Kind of hoping for a spooky masked scarecrow and possessed doll reveal in October for Smash for Skull Kid & Geno, but best of luck tomorrow from team Skull Kid! If anybody deserves to get in this game, it be the Starsend Savior. Cheers!

link2702

Smash Champion
As much as I love geno, I don’t see him or isaac as the “big” reveal as the last character. Although I support geno way more, i feel like the shocker would be banjo and kazooie. Microsoft is still technically a rival console maker, and they own banjo now. Imo he’d be the jaw dropper they’d want to hold on to until the end.

That’s why I’m so nervous tomorrow, because i can’t see him being the last one announced....

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There’s a flaw to this logic though: Smash basically prints money so what do they even really need to hype anything specific for? Smash is always one of the most purchased titles. They could announce a literal trash can as playable and millions of people will buy this game regardless. ‍
With all due respect, that doesn't make any business sense. They're going to want a character with more mass or casual appeal (maybe even Isabelle now that I think about it) to draw in even just a fraction of more sales. That fraction has the ability to cascade and morph into a litany of support and diversifies the audience. Nothing is more powerful in business than word of mouth. So they're always going to want more diversification in the audience. Third parties are a good example of this and have definitely transformed Smash's support base. (And before you say it, Geno is more known as a Mario character so he's an exception.)

tl;dr: No matter how many millions of copies this game is expected to sell, a company will always want to sell millions more.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tomorrow may actually reveal skull kid. There is apparently an insider that's been posting about characters before they were revealed. They got Ridley and K Rool right and now they are saying it's skull kid

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
It's really nice how many people are coming out of the woodwork here to say they're supporting Geno for being in Smash Ultimate. :)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think it's happening tomorrow but here's to the possibility anyways. Good luck!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just remember guys: him not showing up tomorrow doesn't do anything to his chances! We still have plenty of time leading up to Ultimate's release, and the stars are still aligned in his favor. Keep your chins up!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it IS Skull Kid it will debunk the music theory. So that's some good news for the people that believed it and were bummed out

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac's my most wanted, but Geno is definitely a top 3 Smash wish so I'd be happy to see him too.

Even if Geno doesn't come tomorrow I still think his chances are pretty good, and might even be the best compared to all fan-favorites, so I wouldn't worry too much.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm expecting either Skull Kid or Incineroar tomorrow, so I think we'll have to wait on Geno awhile longer.

I do think Geno would be one of the last reveals in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom