• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
It saddens me what Square has become as a company... With only a few exceptions like the recent Octopath, so many of their games feel soulless and rushed. Is it just me? When did this start?
Nah, I haven't really cared for SE in recent times either.

-FFXII and FFXIII were both mediocre
-FFXV I thought was downright bad
-Bravery Default had a nice battle system and job system, but the abysmal second half and some stupid story stuff kind soiled that game for me. Never bought the sequel
-I Am Setsuna was...meh.

The Dissidia games were fun, and I've been enjoying what I've played of Octopath so far; really hope Octopath doesn't pull a Bravery Default and go to s*** hafway through...

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman

-Bravery Default had a nice battle system and job system, but the abysmal second half and some stupid story stuff kind soiled that game for me. Never bought the sequel
-I Am Setsuna was...meh.

The Dissidia games were fun, and I've been enjoying what I've played of Octopath so far; really hope Octopath doesn't pull a Bravery Default and go to s*** hafway through...
Octopath was the first square game I've played in years I didn't force myself to finish. Great pacing, great music, amazing combat. Dialogue is a bit bland but not really bad imo. Plus, the game was actually FINISHED when it released, which is an oddity in all of modern gaming.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Octopath was the first square game I've played in years I didn't force myself to finish. Great pacing, great music, amazing combat. Dialogue is a bit bland but not really bad imo. Plus, the game was actually FINISHED when it released, which is an oddity in all of modern gaming.
The idea of a finished SE game is funny to me considering we'll still probably be getting FFXV DLC 2 decades from now at this damn point...

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

-I Am Setsuna was...meh.

Hoping they can at least do justice to the FFVII Remake. They were on the right track with Octopath. The music and atmosphere was just so superb. Gameplay wasn't too complicated but enjoyable all the same. I think they did it right, aside from the story/characterization which could be very hit and miss. Made it hard to keep going sometimes.

I'd definitely buy myself a Mario RPG remake/sequel, though. With Nintendo's involvement on their flagship franchise, I think it'd be one of the biggest hitters that year. I wanna see what the hype for the game is all about.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
The idea of a finished SE game is funny to me considering we'll still probably be getting FFXV DLC 2 decades from now at this damn point...
A big reason Geno sounds so appealing to me is him representing Square at their zenith.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hoping they can at least do justice to the FFVII Remake. They were on the right track with Octopath. The music and atmosphere was just so superb. Gameplay wasn't too complicated but enjoyable all the same. I think they did it right, aside from the story/characterization which could be very hit and miss. Made it hard to keep going sometimes.

I'd definitely buy myself a Mario RPG remake/sequel, though. With Nintendo's involvement on their flagship franchise, I think it'd be one of the biggest hitters that year. I wanna see what the hype for the game is all about.
I'm pretty skeptical of the FFVII remake at this point and can't say I'm really hyped for it now. I want it to be good (love the hell out of FFVII), but whatever, if it ends up sucking, we still got the original FFVII to play.

I'd love to see a Super Mario RPG remake or sequel too, and honestly I don't even know if it's THAT out of the question since SE and Nintendo have been kinda close recently.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Hopefully if an SMRPG remake is made, it'll be at least as good as the original. It's possible that SMRPG is purely lightning in a bottle and the effort to remake it could fall short of it.

Several years ago I heard murmurs from Square through the grapevine that if they ever worked on an SMRPG remake, they would add more Final Fantasy elements to it. I don't particularly think that would be a smart idea but then again, this rumor is heavily dated at this point.

D

Deleted member

Some guy from here popped their head in the Shantae thread and wished us luck for tomorrow, So I want to return the favor!
Never been a Geno Fan myself but I would be super happy for you all if he made it in!

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
If the theory they're starting in the eighties and moving forward with characters introduced in order, then tomorrow is Geno's chance to shine.

If he's not revealed, it's entirely possible it's just another bunk theory, since Inkling started it.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Thought: If that Geno image leak isn't fake, there's a chance that it's from his reveal trailer in this direct, hence why it's so recent and why nobody can find a source/errors with it.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Just saw GameXplain's predictions for the Direct. It's nice to see that they're team Geno. They all believe he's a lock. But we might have to wait until the Smash concentrated direct. That's what I feel too. But it's good to see the support from them.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Add me to the supporter list too. I always liked Geno even if I don't like him being naked. Regardless of his fashion issues, he's still among my most wanted.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am 100% behind Geno.... but I don't think tomorrow will be his direct. Not because of the 'two hype characters" in a row argument; but because I expect that when Geno gets in, Sakurai is going to want to come out and talk about it. And I don't think we'll be seeing Sakurai tomorrow. One or two character trailers, maybe some echo's and the rest of the time teasing 'Spirits mode"; possibly with another trailer.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
Noticed a few people wanting to be on the supporters list. It was mentioned that in order to be added one must first like the OP. However, even then it may take a while since the OP is very busy. As far as tomorrow's direct. I am uncertain if our boy in blue will make it in then, I just hope he does in the end.

Dan

Smash Lord
Here's an opinion I get pilloried for pretty often: Kingdom Hearts is convoluted and the gameplay gets old quickly.
That's fair; it's probably my favorite franchise because the prospect of being able to visit all the Disney worlds was amazing, but yeah. The story is convoluted... the gameplay has always been fine to me though; then again, that's not really why I'm there.

I feel like the convoluted nature of the story is a necessary evil for the series to stay alive and keep people interested.

Last edited:

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I can’t wait for Sakurai and teams Geno reveal trailer whenever it is. You know they’re putting their everything in to this game and it’s so satisfying. Pure bliss

D

Deleted member

How many people are gonna replay SMRPG if he gets confirmed? :laugh: I know I probably am.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
How many people are gonna replay SMRPG if he gets confirmed? :laugh: I know I probably am.
Oh, I know I will.
That said, I don't think tomorrow will be our time just yet. They'd probably choose to reveal someone with major brand recognition on their side like Bandana Dee or Incineroar/Decidueye for a general Direct, while saving obscure fan requests like Geno for the inevitable Smash Direct. It'd be a welcome surprise to be sure, but I'm not expecting tomorrow to be our day.
Just be patient, friends. It will arrive eventually.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was planning to replay it regardless. It's been years and I found some ROM hack called Bob-Omb Mafia that I really want to check out.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
hay banjo supporter here just wana say good luck ! i feel ultimate is geno's time to shine !

PS: if geno gets in i say you guys should campain for fawfull ! imagine we get geno, paper mario & fawfull! the trifecta of mario RPGs !

D

Deleted member

Oh, I know I will.
That said, I don't think tomorrow will be our time just yet. They'd probably choose to reveal someone with major brand recognition on their side like Bandana Dee or Incineroar/Decidueye for a general Direct, while saving obscure fan requests like Geno for the inevitable Smash Direct. It'd be a welcome surprise to be sure, but I'm not expecting tomorrow to be our day.
I was just saying the same thing on the Banjo thread. I see this more as a strict 1st party reveal if we get one. But then again you truly never know. Regardless if you're a Nintendo fan it should be a good day.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I know one thing about geno & thats that i want a super mario RPG 3D remake for the 3DS ! i feel that game would look real good in 3D ! maybe if it sells well nintendo & squre will revive the franchise ? hope him in smash leads to good things

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tomorrow may be a make or break moment for Geno fans, so let's hope for the best.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey guys! Coming from the Isaac thread to wish you the bestest of luck! I may not have any connection to Geno, but I honestly hope he gets in this time. You guys and us Isaac supporters have been waiting for these two to get in for FAR too long (though you guys have waited longer) and it's time we see these boys make it in!

I'm hoping that a Sun, Moon and Stars theme will be present too!
Isaac - Sun
Skull Kid - Moon
Geno - Stars
That would be amazing!

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I keep looking at the newest render of geno (the not debunked one yet), and I keep trying to place the stage to no avail. Wii Fit possibly?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Best of luck to the Geno fans in here from the Skull Kid boards!

"May the Smash Ball awaken with the sunrise, soar through the stars and descend upon the moon"

aquasound

Smash Rookie
Oh, I know I will.
I agree. I'm not expecting a Geno reveal tomorrow, although it would be amazing if it happened. Pretty confident that we're getting a newcomer reveal, which may or may not be related to the content discussed in tomorrow's direct (i.e., a new Pokemon rep if they're showcasing Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee).

TBone06

Smash Ace
Tomorrow may be a make or break moment for Geno fans, so let's hope for the best.
I wouldn't say it's make or break. I don't think any of us are really expecting it. It would be really nice if he was in, but I don't think him not being revealed tomorrow is the end of it.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I personally expect Geno to be one of the last reveals for Ultimate or the very last one in a very epic trailer, but still sending the best of vibes for tomorrow's Direct.

After Isaac, Geno has been one of my top picks for Smash for a long time! :estatic:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I keep looking at the newest render of geno (the not debunked one yet), and I keep trying to place the stage to no avail. Wii Fit possibly?
I've heard Wii Fit Studio or Tortimer Island.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say it's make or break. I don't think any of us are really expecting it. It would be really nice if he was in, but I don't think him not being revealed tomorrow is the end of it.
Yeah, I think tomorrow will be Sakurai's way of "getting the new Pokemon out of the way." And then it's back to the hardcore fans in the Smash Directs. Of course it would be something if Geno got confirmed tomorrow to just throw everything out the window.

GenoREBORN

Smash Rookie
Tomorrow could be our day. I’m taking my work break during the Direct, ear pods at the ready. If our big moment comes I may attract attention in the break room. Btw, tomorrow’s 9/6. RPG arrived in ‘96....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom