• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
"We can't have K Rool the direct after Ridley, they'll show him at the last direct", remember what happened ?
Geno has a real shot, that's funny, I said jsut yesterday "we could have Geno in Smash before October".

But if we believe the chairs theory, it will be Skull Kid. But since I think that Skull Kid is not playable, i'm gonna say that they will reveal Isaac. But my gut is telling me that Bandana Dee is coming.
And the echo ? Let's say Isabelle or Ken.

Anyway, when i tried to predict the last direct, i got everything wrong. :laugh:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Could be geno tomorrow but it really depends

But for safe bets skull kid or the Pokémon rep for this one and the echo reveal will probably be either shadow or Isabelle

Klimax

Smash Ace
I forgot her but I change my prediction. I think Dixie Kong is very likely (of course if we follow the Ridley/Dark Samus reveal).

Klimax

Smash Ace
Predicting Skull Kid for tomorrow feels a little too easy for me to believe that this is legit.
I don't know what to think, while Skull Kid is likely because of the Sakurai's background theory, i just can't see him happening. In my opinion, this is a do or die situation for him. If he's not revealed tomorrow, his fighting chances are dead in my opinion. And I would be a bit sad, i like him.
But hey, I guess we never know what to expect with Sakurai.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Sidebar; What on Earth would Skull Kid’s final smash be if the moon is an assist? A slap to the face from final boss form Majora?

Also of all the theories I’ve heard that point to a characters inclusion, thinking that the furniture is a hint is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

Regardless of ridiculous conspiracy I do think Skull Kid has a good shot at being playable though

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is another supposed leaker going around saying Isaac is next.

Could be both Skull Kid AND Isaac

ZelDan

Smash Master
What on Earth would Skull Kid’s final smash be if the moon is an assist? A slap to the face from final boss form Majora?
I would imagine something like that, yeah.

I'm more curious about Skull Kid's potential moveste in general, because, well, Skull Kid doesn't really do a whole lot in Majora's Mask past the intro, and once you get the 4 giants, Skull Kid gets tossed aside like Trash and the mask itself becomes the prime target...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I'm more curious about Skull Kid's potential moveste in general, ebcause, well, Skull Kid doesn't really do a whole lot in Majora's Mask past the intro, and once you get the 4 giants, Skull Kid gets tossed aside like Trash and the mask itself becomes the prime target...
I can imagine him using dark magic, Tatl & Tael, Majora's moves, blow-darts, puppets, maybe the ocarina, teleporting; whatever Sakurai see's fit for a trickster.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

I'm more curious about Skull Kid's potential moveste in general, ebcause, well, Skull Kid doesn't really do a whole lot in Majora's Mask past the intro, and once you get the 4 giants, Skull Kid gets tossed aside like Trash and the mask itself becomes the prime target...
Well if it's Skull kid weating Majora's Mask, then I could aee his specials being a Flying/Floating recovery, dark waves, a stun, and his blowgun pipe thing from his appearance in OoT.
His smashes and such could be Major Tendrils and the like.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned that person that said Isaac is going to be in the direct tomorrow also said that Shantae was going to be in the Indie direct

So, the Skull Kid person has more credibility. I'm guessing Skull Kid

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
What's the best way to watch a spoiler free replay of the direct? I work til 8pm, and would like to cast it to the tv while avoiding spoilers. I'd obviously be avoiding the internet entirely before then.

Is Nintendo Twitch past broadcasts spoiler free? I'm avoiding YouTube entirely.

domriver

Smash Lord
I just learned that person that said Isaac is going to be in the direct tomorrow also said that Shantae was going to be in the Indie direct

So, the Skull Kid person has more credibility. I'm guessing Skull Kid
Issac and Skull Kid and a Pokemon seem to be the safe bets for possible newcomers. Guess till an image or vide comes thru we should just wait patiently. Its only 26 hrs more :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized tomorrow is Thursday, not Friday.

So I won't be at the fair. I'll be at work during the direct

TBone06

Smash Ace
What's the best way to watch a spoiler free replay of the direct? I work til 8pm, and would like to cast it to the tv while avoiding spoilers. I'd obviously be avoiding the internet entirely before then.

Is Nintendo Twitch past broadcasts spoiler free? I'm avoiding YouTube entirely.
What I would do is copy the link of the (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMt0PzmXosU) and send it to you in an email. When you're ready to watch it just click the link once you've linked it to your TV. That should allow you to avoid all the spoilers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How long you working for? Sucks if you can't catch the direct :(
All day. Probably past 10 at night

It'd be hilarious if this was the Geno direct because it's the first direct I wasn't able to watch

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why but I've got the feeling that tomorrow we're going to see someone that nobody expects, a la Rosalina and Luma. And it's going to debunk every leak in existence.

but secretly I hope it's Geno :sadeyes:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm hoping this Skull Kid stuff ends up being like the "enjoy my good friend Shulk" from Smash 4. I remember kind of feeling unhyped when I loaded up that broadcast, but then the fire emblem guys showed up and it blew me away (this was a time when we all didn't hate Fire Emblem). Hope the same thing happens this time too, with Geno hopefully.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm actually pretty lucky that Nintendo does their presentations Tuesdays - Thursdays, because those are the days I have off with my weird work schedule.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Look at this

We got second place

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607

Look at this

We got second place
Huh, was expecting Skull Kid to get more votes.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
sans? the MEME is real!

i know it's unofficial but come on! you see that some spammers voted here

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Look at this

We got second place
Goodness gracious I thought Nintendo actually released the ballot results and I had a mini heart attack

TBone06

Smash Ace

Look at this

We got second place
I'm actually shocked about this. I know I voted for him, but I didn't think he'd be that high up. Who were the people behind this poll? Is the person who runs the Twitter account just some random person?

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
You know guys, while we wait for The long awaited reveal of our puppet friend to join Smash, there's a fan game out there, Super Smash bros. Crusade, and Geno in the game is exactly what SMRPG fans would both expect and want from his moveset. It's a really good Smash bros fan game, and even tho you need to use external programs to access online play, the game is pretty fun. Here's the download link: https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/6609
(anti virus programs you may have might falsely recognize some Dll files as Trojans, so don't be alarmed by any notifications)

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Love those results! Good going Geno squad \o

Although, I have to say, I don't expect Geno's reveal tomorrow. Sure he's very well known in Smash communities in specific, but general directs need to appeal to a wider audience, which other characters do much better. I think they'll save him for a Smash specific direct in late October or early November.

but i'd be happy to be wrong

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Love those results! Good going Geno squad \o

Although, I have to say, I don't expect Geno's reveal tomorrow. Sure he's very well known in Smash communities in specific, but general directs need to appeal to a wider audience, which other characters do much better. I think they'll save him for a Smash specific direct in late October or early November.

but i'd be happy to be wrong
Honestly, it's anyone's game at this point. I just wanna see Geno get revealed already tho.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Even though Isaac is my number 1 most wanted, I really want as many of the legacy fan requested characters to get in. We got 2 of the biggest (lol), now there's only a few left..

Good luck lads, I'm expecting your puppet soon!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Gonna avoid this forum and other things just in case of spoilers. But good luck my brothers in arms! And hey even if it's not us this time and those clues are real. then that probably means it's time for our clues to start popping up so keep your eyes peeled!

Klimax

Smash Ace
Really surprised to see Geno at the number 2 spot, I'm so happy about it !
I hope that Star Road will fulfill our wish !

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Just a heads-up here for anybody not in the server:
We will be having a group call for the Direct tomorrow. We'll start piling in at around 5:30, so come kick it with us!

Link to Star Road is in my signature, but if for some reason it doesn't show (which is a common occurrence), then just click the link below. See you there!
https://discord.gg/ucyj8u2

TBone06

Smash Ace
Not that I think it means anything, I just think it's interesting timing. Mimique changed his profile pic on Twitter to our boy in blue. Even if it means nothing, lets hope it brings some good luck.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Growing up with the SNES Super Mario RPG was always a fun time for me!

I fell in love with the character Geno. Thought he was amazing! Him and Isaac have big my hopes and dreams since brawl!

I hope Geno gets in! Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow!

Let the two RPG bros get in!

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I've spent most of my time on smashboards in the Isaac thread but I want geno almost just as much, just wanted to wish you guys goodluck for tomorrows direct and hopefully we'll see both Isaac and geno playable by the time the game releases!

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
It saddens me what Square has become as a company... With only a few exceptions like the recent Octopath, so many of their games feel soulless and rushed. Is it just me? When did this start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom