• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizby2

Smash Lord

Look at this

We got second place
im glad shantae placed pretty high! sora though.. ewww
I expected that much from our boy geno though.

wouldn't it be great if a smrpg sequel AND geno got revealed tomorrow? heh, I can dream.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tomorrow may be a make or break moment for Geno fans, so let's hope for the best.
It'll only be a "break" if Geno's shown as an assist trophy. Aside from our wracked nerves, it's not pertinent that Geno's shown tomorrow. If he's not shown tomorrow, we still got a very likely Smash Direct in October/November to look forward to.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So much positivity and support between character threads! I keep saying it, but this is the best, most chill round of Smash speculation ever. :)

I don't know who will be revealed tomorrow, and it's possible no one will...but I'm almost positive there will be a reveal, and the best part is that whoever it is, one support base will be ecstatic, and the rest of us will be ecstatic for them. It's a win no matter what!:grin:

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
Just stopping by so I can support Geno for smash. I wanna say I was a Geno supporter before he actually gets revealed (I was gonna support eventually anyway lol). Originally I was critical of his inclusion but after seeing the overwhelming fan demand and some of the reasoning behind him I’d be really happy to see him in smash ultimate.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
After the Direct was announced, I made sure to hurry my ass up and finish my first playthrough of SMRPG just in case Geno gets revealed since I was at the last dungeon anyways. Was a really sweet game and the ending gave me warm fuzzies. When/if his trailer comes I'd like the end bit to show Mario and Peach greet him as an old friend long gone, and maybe Bowser acting all platonic tsundere towards him, outwardly irritated that another goody goody two shoes is back but secretly sorta glad another familiar face is in Smash.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm currently at the last dungeon of the game, i'll fight Boomer in a few minutes !
My team is: Mario, Geno, Mallow.
The fight against the Axem Rangers was tough as hell since I just had Mallow to heal my team.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I finished my SMRPG run a while back, before the last direct, at least. I just felt this powerful urge to play it, much like I did with Xenoblade Chronicles back in Smash 4 days, and with the Donkey Kong trilogy this time around.

And which two characters from those games are in Smash now? :p

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently at the last dungeon of the game, i'll fight Boomer in a few minutes !
My team is: Mario, Geno, Mallow.
The fight against the Axem Rangers was tough as hell since I just had Mallow to heal my team.
I salute you for having so much more patience and mental fortitude than me to use Mallow as your main healer. I couldn't imagine not having Peach in my party for the boss fights.

It's a shame too because I'm actually a fan of the little guy but he just has no niche for 99% of the game after you get your whole party.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I salute you for having so much more patience and mental fortitude than me to use Mallow as your main healer. I couldn't imagine not having Peach in my party for the boss fights.

It's a shame too because I'm actually a fan of the little guy but he just has no niche for 99% of the game after you get your whole party.
Actually, I used Mallow as well my entire run last time, no Peach at all. Just give the little dude nothing but magic boosts on level up, and he can one-shot most enemy groups with even thunderbolt.

Healing becomes redundant when you kill everything before it can hurt you, lol.

Klimax

Smash Ace

To be honest, sometimes i nearly became crazy :laugh: The fight against the Axem Rangers was pretty hard when they were 5. Also, Yellow was just on fire, spamming his best attack against my characters, it was hard.

And Valentina defeated me the first time i fought her because I had Mallow at the center and he got destroyed by Dodo. :laugh:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I played through Super Mario RPG for probably the thousandth time on my SNES Classic months ago. Still had a great time.

I kind of felt bad about stuffing that little yoshi with cookies and probably giving it health problems though...

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Heyo, Fellow Geno Fans. Just coming from the Isaac thread to wish you guys good luck! Since he is my 2nd most wanted in Smash. Also, if you have a support list feel free to add me on there! ^ v ^

domriver

Smash Lord
Some guy from here popped their head in the Shantae thread and wished us luck for tomorrow, So I want to return the favor!
Never been a Geno Fan myself but I would be super happy for you all if he made it in!
hay banjo supporter here just wana say good luck ! i feel ultimate is geno's time to shine !

PS: if geno gets in i say you guys should campain for fawfull ! imagine we get geno, paper mario & fawfull! the trifecta of mario RPGs !
Best of luck to the Geno fans in here from the Skull Kid boards!

"May the Smash Ball awaken with the sunrise, soar through the stars and descend upon the moon"
Just stopping by so I can support Geno for smash. I wanna say I was a Geno supporter before he actually gets revealed (I was gonna support eventually anyway lol). Originally I was critical of his inclusion but after seeing the overwhelming fan demand and some of the reasoning behind him I’d be really happy to see him in smash ultimate.
Coming from the Shantae form. Hope your doll is in as a character/not a skin for smash. Good luck.
Heyo, Fellow Geno Fans. Just coming from the Isaac thread to wish you guys good luck! Since he is my 2nd most wanted in Smash. Also, if you have a support list feel free to add me on there! ^ v ^

Your support is very much appreciated here. I hope your characters make it in as well. :) Lets see what the Nintendo Gods have in store for us! :p

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Not that I don't want to see Geno RIGHT AWAY, but I'd rather see Geno revealed last or close to last in a dedicated Smash Direct, given the best reveal treatment. Either way I'll definitely be happy!

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, poppin' in from the Isaac thread to wish you guys good luck tomorrow! May both Isaac and Geno make it into Ultimate, it's our time!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll try to update the supporter list again whenever I can

Make sure to like the OP to be assured in

Just in case I don't see your post

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good luck Geno fans, Geno is a great character that deserves in. Hope he is!

Klimax

Smash Ace
So here I am, in front of Smithy, ready for the final battle !
After that, Geno will rebuild Star Road and then, our wish to have Geno as playable character will come true !

Me currently:
geno5.jpg

Klimax

Smash Ace
geno6.jpg

I finished the game, finally ! The fight against Smithy was epic, I really enjoyed it but man, that ending is so depressing...
When Geno leaves, damn, that was sad. I remember someone saying that it felt like Mario and his friends were never going to see Geno again and that's what i felt. The way he leaves, seeing him writing "the end". I don't know, that was a beautiful ending but really sad at the same time.

The game was awesome, even though there's some minor flaws (some mini games, the moments with platforming and the Bowser's castle which was way too long). Mallow is really fun and has a pretty good character development. Booster and Dodo were really funny ! But Geno is just too cool, it really feels like this is his adventure even though this is a Mario game

After this ending, i want Geno to make a comeback more than ever !

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I finished the game, finally ! The fight against Smithy was epic, I really enjoyed it but man, that ending is so depressing...
When Geno leaves, damn, that was sad. I remember someone saying that it felt like Mario and his friends were never going to see Geno again and that's what i felt. The way he leaves, seeing him writing "the end". I don't know, that was a beautiful ending but really sad at the same time.

The game was awesome, even though there's some minor flaws (some mini games, the moments with platforming and the Bowser's castle which was way too long). Mallow is really fun and has a pretty good character development. Booster and Dodo were really funny ! But Geno is just too cool, it really feels like this is his adventure even though this is a Mario game

After this ending, i want Geno to make a comeback more than ever !
Don't forget the Final Fantasy boss...

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
guess what guys the nintendo direct has gotten delayed. damn earthquakes making us wait i hope they ok tho

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
“Due to the powerful earthquake in Hokkaido, Japan, we have decided to delay this week’s planned Nintendo Direct. We will provide a new time and date in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.”
- A Facebook update from Nintendo 37min ago. Looks like we’ve got to wait a bit longer for info. I hope everyone is okay.

On the bright side, I think we can expect a larger presentation than 35 minutes whenever they reschedule, unless they do that very soon. They’re going to want to stay on schedule with the holiday season approaching.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
My prayers go out to all those in Japan effected by this.
Let's all be respectful and patient guys. They need to take care of their own before worrying about games news.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
7 confirmed dead and 32 missing already so I don't want to see anyone being piss babies about the Direct being pushed back. Most of us weren't even expecting a Direct until the 12th at the earliest so we can wait and maybe even donate to disaster funds if a major non-profit steps up in the next day or two.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I agree. I have fortunately not seen a single person on the site putting their gripes with the Direct over the real world situation. I unfortunately can't say the same for some of the people on Reddit, but it is what it is.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I agree. I have fortunately not seen a single person on the site putting their gripes with the Direct over the real world situation. I unfortunately can't say the same for some of the people on Reddit, but it is what it is.
The biggest advantage that SmashBoards has and a major reason why I signed up is that the effective moderation the site has helps to purge out, or at least keep in check, many of the toxic elements of the Smash community. Without it the strong emotions involved with Smash discussion tends to bring out the worst, most toxic side in people unfortunately.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Oh no, not Japan. That's where Smash lives!! :c

But seriously, hoping for the best for everyone there.

(Smash lives everywhere)

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well I'm glad Nintendo cares enough of people that they would cancel the Direct. I just hope things are all right in Japan.

Klimax

Smash Ace
It sucks for Japanese people, they have so much earthquakes that it is not rare to see anti-earthquake houses. I hope they'll find the ones who are missing and RIP to the ones who were not lucky enough...

No problem with delaying the date of the direct, it would suck to celebrate the inclusion of a character if that same day, many people died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom