• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I like your profile pic!
As do I! That's an awesome render of Mack, kingkalamari kingkalamari . Also, now that I look at him closely, Mack actually looks like a mini Exor--he has eyes on the hilt, yet also has another "head" with a face on top. I mean, it makes sense, considering he's a knife, i.e. a much smaller sword. It's a neat detail I never noticed before.

Side note, I'm anxiously awaiting tonight's music update...crossing my fingers that my theory holds, and it won't be Mario music.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
as someone who wants Geno

i still dunno how Geno was able to get in the ranks of Mega Man and Sonic for Brawl, best theory i got is that people were expecting every third party under the sun already so they just expected cloud anyway and used there vote to get someone less likely, i dunno

gebi

Cloud Prince
My 5 would be (in order of most to least likely)
68 Geno
69 Bandana Dee
70 Issac
71 Skull Kid
72 New Pokemon (If i had to guess Incineroar maybe)

Echoes:
Shadow
Dixie Kong
Isabelle
Ken

I believe Banjo, Rayman and a few of the newer characters will be DLC but that is too early to properly predicte. We do not know if there even is DLC yet and if there is i assume they will still use the ballot to get a few more fan favorites into the game.
I rearranged my list recently with the confirmation of heavy ballot use in the roster picks.
I believe that a new pokemon is the least likely of the 5 because we already have so many and Pichu, Ivysaur and Squirtle are back. Plus there really isn't a presence of Pokemon on the ballot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
as someone who wants Geno

i still dunno how Geno was able to get in the ranks of Mega Man and Sonic for Brawl, best theory i got is that people were expecting every third party under the sun already so they just expected cloud anyway and used there vote to get someone less likely, i dunno
We don't have any data to suggest Sakurai saw him as a highly requested character, unlike the other two. Also, he's a very popular Nintendo-specific 3rd party from a cult classic. So it's not that odd.

What's really interesting is Sakurai has never given a single reason why he wanted him since Brawl. He got a tiny slew of votes in the Melee poll. And lots during the ballot during 4. Yet there was no cited poll during the Brawl period at all. Being he's known for playing a lot of games, he probably just played the game and saw why the character had some votes, and there you go. That or fanpolls, or a poll we never saw. Maybe he didn't say release some Brawl polls because he's still trying to get certain characters in still from there, so he doesn't want to get hopes up. Villager and Pac-Man were two characters he couldn't figure out a way for them to play. In Villager's case, he had no specific reason, just that he didn't see him being a fighter. Moveset? The series being peaceful? Who knows. Pac-Man was lack of good moveset ideas. Namco fixed that.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else keep on getting highs and lows of Geno actually happening in Smash? Like one day your all like "Oh man, it's finally going to happen! After 12 years!" then the next "Aww...It's not going to happen, is it? Maybe he didn't do well enough on the ballot" (12 years since Brawl)
I'm just on a constant high of "It's happening I know it!" At first it was a little hopeful thinking. But now I think there is enough evidence for me to think he is practically comfirmed!

the wait is still annoying though...

So I think at this point it's probably gonna be 3 more characters. Being skull kid, Isaac, and Geno. With echoes sprinkled in here and there. Which in that case Geno probably would be the last revealed...
Seeing as those "hints" we have been seeing are for the other two have come up. If they are actually hinting at characters we would then probably see the geno hint after the direct that shows those two.

If that isn't the case though then I'd think Geno would be next to show up. Fill in the trinity and tie in with the characters chronologically as was suggested earlier.

Admiral Bobbery

Smash Rookie
Anyone else keep on getting highs and lows of Geno actually happening in Smash? Like one day your all like "Oh man, it's finally going to happen! After 12 years!" then the next "Aww...It's not going to happen, is it? Maybe he didn't do well enough on the ballot" (12 years since Brawl)

There are some people planning stuff.

I'm thinking about doing an animation, but how long it'd take me is probably longer than the time period we'll know if he's confirmed or not
Optimism can be one's best quality for something like this. I was big on the K Rool train for quite some time and optimism makes the wait a lot easier. I'd say now that we practically know Sakurai is doing the fans favors; someone who's been wanted as long as Geno and has such a steady fan base such as him, the chances are so likely. Stay positive.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'm going out on a limb and saying there are six newcomers left.

68 - Elma
69 - Skull Kid
70 - Isaac
71 - Geno
72 - Incineroar
73 - Banjo-Kazooie

So ten Newcomers total.

Four Echo Fighters too:
36E - Dixie Kong
38E - Shadow
45E - Isabelle
60E - Ken

So ten Echo Fighters total.
If that was the final roster I would actually lose it. That has pretty much all my top requests and then some.

I also think you nailed the Echo Fighters, I would put them as the four most likely echoes at the moment.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Just the cryptic "there's a square-enix" rep in the game "leak." Not necessarily Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So to anyone's knowledge is there any recent leaks that deem good for our puppet Geno? Also not just leak one with reliability of some sort. lol
There has been kind of draught with Smash news in general recently. The last "big news" was Verg saying there would be a Square-Enix character.

Shantae fans were hoping the Nindie direct would get them Shantae.

Other than that... It's seems unusually dry for how short amount of time the 8/8 direct was

I think the thirstier people are for Smash news the faster it seems that news dries up

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
There has been kind of draught with Smash news in general recently. The last "big news" was Verg saying there would be a Square-Enix character.

Shantae fans were hoping the Nindie direct would get them Shantae.

Other than that... It's seems unusually dry for how short amount of time the 8/8 direct was

I think the thirstier people are for Smash news the faster it seems that news dries up
I was thinking this myself too. It seems too soon to receive another direct, but we really are running out of time. Unless we really aren't getting too much more, we should be getting something mid-September. But maybe we are only getting two-three new characters and they'll drop them all in October/November. We'll see I guess. I was hoping we'd get a reveal each month until launch, but that might be wishful thinking.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm expecting a general direct in September (like literally everyone else is) where we might get a bit of Smash info along with new game announcements, and an update on online.

And a Smash direct in November where we get alot of new info, like what that green mode is and what the final character announcements are.

Maybe a short video for a character announcement (1 unique and maybe an echo) similar to the Robin/Lucina trailer in October.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Someone has gotten a hold of a Smash demo. If you're married to the idea of seeing Geno revealed in a trailer then make sure to take extra precautions going forward to avoid spoilers.

There's no telling how much information is in the data for the demo, but I'm sure it'll be enough to spoil something.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
This week's music update is live, and it's a Yoshi tune. Yet another new series for the music sample selection, and yet again, it isn't Mario.

I'm telling you, guys...they're saving the Mario sample for a SMRPG arrangement after Geno's reveal. I'm more sure with each passing week.

Rapwned

Smash Cadet
Someone has gotten a hold of a Smash demo. If you're married to the idea of seeing Geno revealed in a trailer then make sure to take extra precautions going forward to avoid spoilers.

There's no telling how much information is in the data for the demo, but I'm sure it'll be enough to spoil something.
WAIT WHAT

Do you have a source for this?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Rapwned

Smash Cadet
Oh boy...there's no way they legit don't have the demo with that proof. Let's just hope Nintendo was smarter than with Tennis Aces and left out extraneous data.

...unless you want to be spoiled, of course. I'm not sure I want to be...
It's a hard decision for sure. On one hand I'm desperate for more Smash news, but on the other hand I want to be surprised.

TBone06

Smash Ace
This week's music update is live, and it's a Yoshi tune. Yet another new series for the music sample selection, and yet again, it isn't Mario.

I'm telling you, guys...they're saving the Mario sample for a SMRPG arrangement after Geno's reveal. I'm more sure with each passing week.
This came to mind for me too. I think it's a very good thought. I'm hopeful!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I actually want a real leak either way at this point because my body cannot take this wait

SOS

TBone06

Smash Ace
I'm actually so happy that it's fake. Looking at the picture is enough for me to trust it's a lie. I would have been so cheesed had I had to avoid Smashboards, Twitter AND YouTube for the next three months.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
what do you guys think Geno's idle stance and his idle animations will be? honestly i think he's gonna be super calm and focused like Melee Fox.

gebi

Cloud Prince

I was just about to bring that up. Did he/she confirm whether or not they were going to data mine it or not?

Oh nevermind I just saw it was apparently fake aww.
I just want to know if he's in already.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I was just about to bring that up. Did he/she confirm whether or not they were going to data mine it or not?
Actually, the whole thing burned up and died pretty quickly.

Now it's looking like the whole thing is a hoax. And even if it is legit, he said he wouldn't datamine it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom