• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
I really hope Geno gets a full set of clothes like his RPG sprite looks like. I honestly had no idea he was naked until I saw the official art. Pit got an update when he was introduced in Brawl and I'm hoping the guy in blue gets the same.
Depending on what kind of design they'd go for, I think I'd be disappointed if they gave him a full set of clothes, since it goes far from his original design, and he's always looked the same. The art on the original post of this thread is dead-on in my opinion (and I love looking at it). I'd be happy to see something close to it. Though I would be interested to know what they would change for Ultimate.
Seeing as how K.Rool looks really close to his original design, I'd say they would have the same thoughts for Geno.

Last edited:

gebi

Cloud Prince
I think just by virtue of him being 3rd party he'd be getting a rundown similar to Simon, he wouldn't be coming for free and Nintendo aren't going to pay for him and then not give him as big of a spotlight as possible. It also feels like he'd be more relevant to reveal in a Smash Direct as Smash fans are the ones who have been asking for him for so long, Nintendo fans who don't care much for Smash (few as they might be) might not quite understand who he even is.
I feel in this predicted online direct there will be a trailer at the start and end of the direct showcasing a newcomer each. I believe both will last around 1-2 minutes with a quick explanation from Sakurai of the character along with extras like for example a Mallow AT. I predict this extra little explanation wouldn't take too long maybe only taking an extra 1-1:30 mintues after the trailer. This will mean Smash will only take up about 5-6 minutes in the direct and if this will be a full 25-30 minute direct that is still a small portion of it seeing as Ultimate is the big summer game for them. This way they can talk about the Online, have updates on other games and reveal new games in between that and smash wont show up and take away the spotlight or distract anybody from the announcements. I mean we will all see a end of direct trailer coming and it would be on our minds the whole way through but you know we can still just enjoy the ride and listen in about other games.

Keen to make myself a Mii and make Geno vs Gebi a reality to be honest.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Sadly Geno might not be in the game :( this leak looks kind of real and apparently Nintendo took it down from imgur. Looks like Square preferred to promote the Bravely Default series instead of adding Geno. He might still be the ? but who knows
1535613969795.png

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sadly Geno might not be in the game :( this leak looks kind of real and apparently Nintendo took it down from imgur. Looks like Square preferred to promote the Bravely Default series instead of adding Geno. He might still be the ? but who knows
View attachment 160513
If it's real the ? Is probably Incineroar. That would make it match with Verg

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
View attachment 160513
....these look really weird, and Skull Kid pretty much looks like a edited version of the assist trophy :ohwell:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
View attachment 160513
Where is this even from/who are the characters next to Marshall supposed also?

Edit: That’s also a terrible looking icon for Ken, so I’m inclined to not believe it, but this happeend with Smash 3DS and Wario too to be fair... That also said, these separate images also lead me to think this has no actual basis, because there is no reason to not just have the full CSS

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Where is this even from/who are the characters next to Marshall supposed also?

Edit: That’s also a terrible looking icon for Ken, so I’m inclined to not believe it, but this happeend with Smash 3DS and Wario too to be fair... That also said, these separate images also lead me to think this has no actual basis, because there is no reason to not just have the full CSS
the one on the left is ether Anges (Bravely Default), Tifa, or Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective club)
one on the right is supposed to be Isaac/Mathew (Golden Sun)

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
If the emotionless girl is Ayumi Tachibana no prob, Geno could be the ? because there would be no 2nd Square rep.

If the emotionless girl is Agnes from Bravely Default, we're ****ed. There's no way Geno is in the base roster if she's in.

I really, reeeally hope that girl is Ayumi, not only because of Geno, but because she would make an awesome and so random addition. Agnes is... ehh. Bravely Default wasn't that bad I guess...

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
feels like we need a source on that whole "taken down by nintendo" thing too, also it feels suspicious that Skull kid and Isabelle, both renders looking very like there assist trophy models are the lowest quality ones, i mean i don't remember the ESRB leak just randomly placing characters from completely different screens with different image qualities, just show everyone the same dammit:ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It doesn't look anything like Ayumi. The people that thing it looks like Ayumi use the excuse that she could have gotten a redesign.

I think some of them are flipped

111.png

If you flip the girl, the hair matches Agnes

Agnes.png

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
guys, come on you're telling me that that isaac render fares in quality to shulk's render?

it's fake, nuff said

i also found where they got the Isabelle picture from

Anges or whoever is marth

the skull kid render is literally the miiverse post by sakurai

Ken's render is just ryu's with some fugly brush tools

no need to worry

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
guys, come on you're telling me that that isaac render fares in quality to shulk's render?

it's fake, nuff said

i also found where they got the Isabelle picture from

Anges or whoever is marth

the skull kid render is literally the miiverse post by sakurai

Ken's render is just ryu's with some fugly brush tools

no need to worry
I already overlayed that Isabelle Image over the Isabelle in the leak, It doesn't match

Isabelle.png

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
There's no source that Nintendo took the image down, it's just that the original poster on GameFAQs linked to an imgur post that they made and the link broke, but that doesn't mean Nintendo took it down.

I am very skeptical about this leak for a large number of reasons, so I don't think we should be waste time examining it too closely.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Until we get more info, I'm going to try and stay calm and positive. You all remember how convincing that Rayman "leak" was, right? There are some talented and deceitful artists in the world.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
feel it should also bring up the fact, real or not, person making these renders really can't draw shadow lol
1535621867168.png

also for some reason the render has a nose that doesn't match up with Ultimate Sonic's at all

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
feel it should also bring up the fact, real or not, person making these renders really can't draw shadow lol
also for some reason the render has a nose that doesn't match up with Ultimate Sonic's at all
shadow looks really brawl era there, there's no depth to his head, and as you mentioned, his nose is a cartoony look instead of sonic's rounded shaped nose
come on.png

shall we move on back to Geno? :3

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could be photoshopped. Could be not. We're not going to find out for a while anyway

Perhaps in that time we can make enough of a fuss that if Geno is not in, we'll get DLC.

So just keep on keeping on and see where it leads.

Edit:

There is reasonable doubt bout Agnes Oblige at this moment. So as far as I can tell, Geno is still a possibility

image.gif

_2.jpg

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
That leak is so bad :laugh:
No Geno, no Dixie Kong and the presence of Agnes make it trash but hey at least the leaker tried something new

At this point i just can't imagine Geno not being in the game, same for Dixie, every leak without them is 200% in my opinion

domriver

Smash Lord
This new leak and people getting behind - i am kinda of in a position where I refuse to believe a leak NOT containing Geno. Only because of what we are aware of. Sure I understand DLC but if the whole 2 characters for 3rd party then that does not bode well for Geno at all. Guess its just a matter of wait and see. Also the image being taken down anyone can do that. Doesnt mean Nintendo did it. September Direct where are you?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This new leak and people getting behind - i am kinda of in a position where I refuse to believe a leak NOT containing Geno. Only because of what we are aware of. Sure I understand DLC but if the whole 2 characters for 3rd party then that does not bode well for Geno at all. Guess its just a matter of wait and see. Also the image being taken down anyone can do that. Doesnt mean Nintendo did it. September Direct where are you?
I'm really not concerned; this is just a copycat ESRB and there's plenty weird with each image. Plus, unlike ESRB, has yet to be followed up with additional images and even video. It could always be real but...it feels off. Hopefully the September Direct will fix this. Gotta talk about those online services.

domriver

Smash Lord
I'm really not concerned; this is just a copycat ESRB and there's plenty weird with each image. Plus, unlike ESRB, has yet to be followed up with additional images and even video. It could always be real but...it feels off. Hopefully the September Direct will fix this. Gotta talk about those online services.
Your probably right - Just waiting for September direct then. ;)

gebi

Cloud Prince
I saw the leak 2 minutes before i started work and had barely any context. I spent the whole night thinking about it and worrying. So were gonna agree on fake?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I saw the leak 2 minutes before i started work and had barely any context. I spent the whole night thinking about it and worrying. So were gonna agree on fake?
I'm going with fake myself. There's a lot of weirdness and shoddiness going on with them, not to mention the variance in image quality and render quality, which was *not* a thing in ESRB's case, which this is trying to mimic.) Also, unlike last time, we don't have people like VannRose (who had behind the scenes sources) going "Well, actually..." to people calling it fake. And PushDustin from SourceGaming is on team fake as well.

I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, there'll likely be a Direct in a couple weeks that will disconfirm this mess.

domriver

Smash Lord
Its hard to say - some people say its the real deal others say its fake due to imaging. Im more on the fake because Isabelle and Skull Kid look horrendous but the others look i honestly cant tell you if those are legit or not. Lets hope this leak dies today.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Its hard to say - some people say its the real deal others say its fake due to imaging. Im more on the fake because Isabelle and Skull Kid look horrendous but the others look i honestly cant tell you if those are legit or not. Lets hope this leak dies today.
I mean, it's fake as far as I'm concerned. Omni thinks so as well, and he's proven good at render-busting before.

https://twitter.com/artsyomni/status/1035163276076875776

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The myriad of weird inconsistencies in that image alone are enough to push the leak into "whatever" territory for me, and combined with Skull Kid's "render" literally being a carbon copy of his AT model from 4?

It's fake. Don't pay any mind to it and nothing'll come of it. (Unless we see one of these renders pop up on the official website, then we might have something to worry about. But that has like, a 1% chance of happening IMO.)

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I completely doubt the validity of this "leak". But if Agnes gets in over Geno, it would be mind blowing. It would completely buck the trend that Ultimate has followed with newcomers (all huge fan requests). Fingers crossed for a direct announcement soon!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Some people are saying it's fake because they don't look like the renders, I think they look more like the art of all the characters together. Nintendo removing it is pretty confirming, did they really? Or did someone put it on imgur then remove it themselves?

I'd be a bit disappointed if real, but if Geno is not in I really hope Incineroar isn't the new Pokemon, I always hated his design.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Would anybody want Agnes over Geno? I doubt it.
I mentioned in the Ultimate Discussion Thread that she’s the perfect pick... to piss literally everyone in the fan base off and get a lot of salt. There are only two reasons for her to ever be included, and they entirely stem from Square being as bad as some people make them out to be.

Scenario 1 is that they held Cloud hostage to a second promotional character of their choosing.

Scenario 2 is that they basically offered Nintendo something Bravely Default related in exchange for Agnes as playable. Less bad, but still irritating.

She makes no sense otherwise.

At least the leak fails to show any other cohesive character select screen or any other information really, which is major points toward it being fake I think. It also makes Isaac look terrible, so I’m really gunning for it to be fake...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd doubt any leak that's just text/images unless there's video proof, and even then, it's hard to be certain. (I learned that the hard way after ArtsyOmni's Rayman "leak")

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ken's making a weird face, Isaac/Matthew's hair is a super saturated brown, Shadow's eyes are usually long and practically pointy, and Isabelle looks like she forgot to put the roast in the oven and only just remembered 30 minutes before her dinner guests are supposed to start showing up.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If we’re getting a 3rd party no one asked for, I’d at least hope it would be character that’s already insanely popular in the gaming world like Cloud,Snake, or Ryu. Agnes just doesn’t fit the bill for me. I’d totally understand if it was Edrick from DQ or Sora, but Agnes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom