• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I only know so little about it. Only experience I've had with the series are the memes lol
Exactly the same here. I just want Geno to look like the main character.

It would be beautiful.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Dr. Strange was the MVP of Infinity War for sure he pulled out so many cool moves against Thanos like when he multiplied and he likely sacrificed the time stone cause he saw the future and Iron Man was alive to save the rest and beat Thanos.

And no worries I'll be using the restroom right before the movie starts during the commercials and otherwise I have a decently strong bladder in fact I was so entertained and interested in Infinity War that when I saw the movie I was solely focusing on the movie to the point that everything around me just zoned out.

But yeah I'm sure I'll love the movie I heard that the first hour to first hour and a half were a little slow with them building up the characters but I wouldn't really mind I think that's what they should do in fact.
My bladder was strong enough so luckily I didn't have the urge to go at all during Endgame; however, I really had to go bad when I was watching the Incredibles 2, and unfortunately I went, but luckily missed a non-important part. In my opinion, having the urge to go during Endgame would probably ruin the experience, unless you can ignore that feeling.

But to get to the point, you'll love the movie. The character development and humor in this movie is ****ing genius; Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Rocket, and Hulk were my favorites in Endgame. I don't mind if it's slow, and I never even noticed if it was slow or not, but it's better that way because I got to enjoy it more. I'll also save yourself from this, but unfortunately, there is no end credits scene. You'll be happy I gave this word out to you because you do not want to wait; me, my friends, and the whole theater were waiting for an end credits scene for 8-10+ minutes, but we got nothing, except for an old sound at the very end of the credits. I can tell you what that old sound is if you want, or you could wait and hear it for yourself.

Either way, I hope you have a great time, because I sure as hell did. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like the idea of Peach being able to use a golf club as a weapon in an SMRPG remake and Mario having an extra equipment slot for different shoes to increase the damage of his jump attacks.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I like the idea of Peach being able to use a golf club as a weapon in an SMRPG remake and Mario having an extra equipment slot for different shoes to increase the damage of his jump attacks.
Still baffled that Mario doesn't use his iconic hammer for any of his attacks in smash :<

D

Deleted member

My bladder was strong enough so luckily I didn't have the urge to go at all during Endgame; however, I really had to go bad when I was watching the Incredibles 2, and unfortunately I went, but luckily missed a non-important part. In my opinion, having the urge to go during Endgame would probably ruin the experience, unless you can ignore that feeling.

But to get to the point, you'll love the movie. The character development and humor in this movie is ****ing genius; Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Rocket, and Hulk were my favorites in Endgame. I don't mind if it's slow, and I never even noticed if it was slow or not, but it's better that way because I got to enjoy it more. I'll also save yourself from this, but unfortunately, there is no end credits scene. You'll be happy I gave this word out to you because you do not want to wait; me, my friends, and the whole theater were waiting for an end credits scene for 8-10+ minutes, but we got nothing, except for an old sound at the very end of the credits. I can tell you what that old sound is if you want, or you could wait and hear it for yourself.

If it's only a sound I guess it's fine to say it I don't think I'll wait through the credits to hear a sound.

But yeah totally I really do expect to have a good time every review I read and every person I saw talk about it has only said good things about it, I loved Infinity War so I'll probably love this movie too I hope Ant-Man plays a decently big role in the movie cause I also like him too.

Firox

Smash Master

This. So effing much this. My user score out of 10?....Nerdgasm.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Did they announce Doctor Strange 2? I need that so bad. The special effects in the first one were mind boggling.

Firox

Smash Master
Did they announce Doctor Strange 2? I need that so bad. The special effects in the first one were mind boggling.
It hasn't been formally announced but Kevin Feige said that they were currently working on the following movies:

Black Panther 2
Doctor Strange 2
Black Widow solo movie
The Immortals
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3

There might be more but this is what I heard about.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It hasn't been formally announced but Kevin Feige said that they were currently working on the following movies:

Black Panther 2
Doctor Strange 2
Black Widow solo movie
The Immortals
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3

There might be more but this is what I heard about.
It's the Eternals not the Immortals. But yeah that's pretty much it at this point. They'll likely do a big event like they did for Phase 3 after Far From Home comes out to announce the next phase of movies.

Firox

Smash Master
It's the Eternals not the Immortals. But yeah that's pretty much it at this point. They'll likely do a big event like they did for Phase 3 after Far From Home comes out to announce the next phase of movies.
Whoops, thanks for the correction. Yeah, I meant to say Eternals....not the bad guys from 300....

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You know, the way Sakurai handles Geno is getting really annoying.

Admits he wanted Geno in Brawl, but just couldn't do it.

Make a Mii Costume of him in Smash 4 for the fans.

Made him a Legendary Spirit despite Nintendo not owning the rights, so Sakurai had to go out of his way to acquire the rights just use a png file of him.

Had Piranha Plant victory screen be based on Super Mario RPG commercial.

Had an enemy from Super Mario RPG be mentioned in Palutena's Guidance about Piranha Plant (an enemy that Square owns)

But still won't make Geno playable and won't be included in the Fighters Pass.

I don't know about any of you guys but I'm getting annoyed by all of this. Sakurai can keep saying that he want to do it and he's doing all these call out for the fans, but the one thing he isn't doing is making Geno playable. I know that Square owns the rights to Geno and they can be stingy, but right now it seems like Sakurai is dealing with 3 different companies just to get the rights to make Erdrick a playable character. Geno might be easier to get then Erdrick, but it just seems like Sakurai & Nintendo just don't want Geno. If Sakurai has no interest in making Geno then he should stop with all these call out and references because right now it just stops feeling genuine.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If it's only a sound I guess it's fine to say it I don't think I'll wait through the credits to hear a sound.

But yeah totally I really do expect to have a good time every review I read and every person I saw talk about it has only said good things about it, I loved Infinity War so I'll probably love this movie too I hope Ant-Man plays a decently big role in the movie cause I also like him too.
If I can remember correctly from that one morning/night, it was a clanging sound.

You're definitely going to have a good time. Just see it ASAP because yesterday, I saw someone put major spoilers in a comment section on a non-Marvel related video. :/
Yep, they're currently working on the script now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, here's why I think Geno hasn't been added yet -

In Brawl, they weren't able to make DLC, so Square couldn't make money from adding Geno, so I think they denied it.

In Smash 4, Sakurai wanted to add Cloud and Geno, but still added Geno as a Mii costume (as paid DLC of course), so I think he just didn't have enough time.

In Ultimate, I think, once again, he wasn't added in the base game because Square likes money.

So (I know I said "so" a lot in this post lol), after this and the possibility of individual DLC, I'm confident Geno will be in the pass, and, if not in the pass, still as individual DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
But still won't make Geno playable and won't be included in the Fighters Pass.

I don't know about any of you guys but I'm getting annoyed by all of this. Sakurai can keep saying that he want to do it and he's doing all these call out for the fans, but the one thing he isn't doing is making Geno playable. I know that Square owns the rights to Geno and they can be stingy, but right now it seems like Sakurai is dealing with 3 different companies just to get the rights to make Erdrick a playable character. Geno might be easier to get then Erdrick, but it just seems like Sakurai & Nintendo just don't want Geno. If Sakurai has no interest in making Geno then he should stop with all these call out and references because right now it just stops feeling genuine.
I'd like to know where you got that official confirmation for Geno not being in the Fighter's Pass and instead Erdrick is one of the playable characters revealed in the Fighter's Pass.

No, but seriously. Nothing you said has been confirmed or disconfirmed. Nintendo has said literally nothing about any other character, so try not to jump to any conclusions so soon. Everything is still speculation until E3 reveals the truth.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to know where you got that official confirmation for Geno not being in the Fighter's Pass and instead Erdrick is one of the playable characters revealed in the Fighter's Pass.

No, but seriously. Nothing you said has been confirmed or disconfirmed. Nintendo has said literally nothing about any other character, so try not to jump to any conclusions so soon. Everything is still speculation until E3 reveals the truth.
Are you kidding me!? It says on a piece of paper that Erdrick is definitely in and Geno is dead so that means it's 100% confirmed!!

But seriously, I heavily agree with your post lol. Nothing is confirmed until Sakurai and Nintendo speak!

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Exactly. Truth be told, I'm pretty much treating it as if Erdrick is in at this point, but it's mainly because I'm biting disappointment in the bud and prepping myself. Tansut isn't infallible, but... I'm willing to believe him if he says we're getting a DQ rep. Somehow, I kinda have a feeling it's Luminary, though. I dunno. I've just got a gut feeling.

That said, I've also got a gut feeling Geno isn't in the Fighter's Pass... yet along with that, I also have a feeling that doesn't spell the end of the road for him. Individual DLC is where I'll be personally looking, but who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised. Hell, there may even be the off-chance that we get Geno AND Erdrick. Geno's such an outlier that, while it's not likely, I wouldn't 100% rule it out.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm going to go insane if Erdrick gets in but they don't add the Geno costume.
Same, because if anything, that gives indication to me that they have other plans for our boy.

The eyes emojis will be so strong if that happens.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

With the datamine character being named Brave seems like a dead ringer for a Dragon Quest character being that character, and I doubt there will be two Square Enix characters being part of the DLC.

Also remember what Sakurai said when describing Spirits. "Characters lose their physical forms. All of them, except for the Fighters, are turn into Spirits and cannot return to the real world." He gave an in universe explanation to what Spirits are; the characters losing their bodies because of Galeem's attack, so they can't be fighters. Trophies never got an explanation to what they are, which put them in a different scenario when it comes to deconfirmations. So in universe for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, when Galeem attacked Geno lost his body and can't escape to the real world to join the fight with the rest of the characters.

I don't want this to be true, but looking at the explanation of Spirits and Datamined Brave character it seems like Geno, and all other Spirit characters, are actually legitimately dead.

D

Deleted member

With the datamine character being named Brave seems like a dead ringer for a Dragon Quest character being that character, and I doubt there will be two Square Enix characters being part of the DLC.

Also remember what Sakurai said when describing Spirits. "Characters lose their physical forms. All of them, except for the Fighters, are turn into Spirits and cannot return to the real world." He gave an in universe explanation to what Spirits are; the characters losing their bodies because of Galeem's attack, so they can't be fighters. Trophies never got an explanation to what they are, which put them in a different scenario when it comes to deconfirmations. So in universe for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, when Galeem attacked Geno lost his body and can't escape to the real world to join the fight with the rest of the characters.

I don't want this to be true, but looking at the explanation of Spirits and Datamined Brave character it seems like Geno, and all other Spirit characters, are actually legitimately dead.
He also said that spirits were replacements for trophies, and Lucas and Mewtwo were trophies as DLC for Smash 4.

And "brave" is not exclusive to DQ. For example, here: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_(class) And, from Tales of, brave is also connected to Yuri.

I'm not going to get into any spirits or brave arguments, but, while the things you listed are possible, they are by no means confirmed.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

When it comes to the Fighter's Pass, I would have to agree, but if they end up planning more DLC, I think all bets are off. I wouldn't be surprised if spirits were planned around what characters weren't going to make it to the Fighter's Pass. That being said, if and only if we get more DLC, I doubt they'd shoot down the opportunity of Geno solely because, "Well, he has a PNG in the game, so we can't do it." Besides, Sakurai's contradicted himself with lore many a time, especially since we have spirits of fighters in different clothes in the game. For instance, tennis Mario and Mario, the fighter, are the same person. For future hypothetical DLC, I think spirits still have a good shot, especially ones like Geno.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brave is hardly a dead ringer for a Dragon Quest character. It's just a legitimate speculative point. The only reason people are believing it as ironclad is the leakers, which only very few had any real information of him being in(Verge, PolarPanda, Tansut) via rumors they heard. Most leakers actually came to the same assumption, instead of relying on actual information from insiders who told them. So it's a great theory, but nothing more than that.

We still don't know why Jack is related to Joker at all. The actual codenames for the other Persona 5 characters all over the place, making it even worse. The best we can guess is it actually has some remote relation to the character that makes some sense. Jack could've been Jack Frost, Playing Cards(with Tarot cards are actually a type of playing card when it came to the evolution that created them, so they're definitely related), or just his Jack of all Trades design. If it's the last one, Brave referring to Yuusha makes sense. But we can't even say that. We don't know why Arsene is codenamed Doyle either. Hell, the most I remember of the word Doyle (besides Doylist) is that it was a brand of playing cards, but I can't even find real information on that to confirm it. And I don't know the other code names either. That said, if playing cards are a thing, we have something tangible to go off of to figure out who Brave is. With 3 possibilities for Jack, all very reasonable for a codename, we have a lot of possibilities for Brave. The only logical thing to go with right now is "it isn't just a very basic description that anyone could have", like how an adventurer is brave. It'd be more obvious like how Agumon's crest is literally Courage, or how Yuri Lowell is related to a group called Brave, or as noted, Yuusha being Brave translated, the mainly class of the DQ Hero. All 3 are reasonable possibilities right now.

I wouldn't use the idea that Brave must be Yuusha as strong evidence, as we still lack better information than that. Maybe if we had a clear idea of how Jack related to Joker, we might have something. But we just plain don't.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Why would lore in an optional single player mode hard deconfirm anything in a multiplayer fighting game?

Also the datamined Brave character only told us that we're getting a character that's, well, brave. Didn't say who or what or anything else. It's not evidence for literally anything involving spirits. Brave could be god damn Protoman for all we know.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Last I checked Uprising Pit is the exact same character as the NES Pit but here they are, both separate spirits in game. Not to mention the fact that there are 4 Pikachu spirits in the game including Pikachu Libre, who is playable in the form of a costume, and that K. Rool has 3 spirits as well for his alter-egos (who are 100% the same character and used in his moveset).
1556590957168.png

The spirit stuff has been discussed to death. It would be completely absurd for them to decide that 1300 characters will never be playable in the future.

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
We don't know why Arsene is codenamed Doyle either. Hell, the most I remember of the word Doyle (besides Doylist) is that it was a brand of playing cards, but I can't even find real information on that to confirm it. And I don't know the other code names either.
Arsene Lupin, a famous fictional "gentlemen thief", has crossed over with "Herlock Sholmes" (an obvious parody of Sherlock Holmes, whose novels were written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) on a couple different occasions.

Lupin the Third is a loose continuation of the Arsene Lupin novels from Japan that is incredibly popular overseas, spanning several manga, anime series, films, and licensed games.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Last I checked Uprising Pit is the exact same character as the NES Pit but here they are, both separate spirits in game. Not to mention the fact that there are 4 Pikachu spirits in the game including Pikachu Libre, who is playable in the form of a costume, and that K. Rool has 3 spirits as well for his alter-egos (who are 100% the same character and used in his moveset).

The spirit stuff has been discussed to death. It would be completely absurd for them to decide that 1300 characters will never be playable in the future.
Well seeing how the last four DLC characters are going to be third party and have already been decided before hand, I'm positive that they decided that those 1300 characters don't have a future in Ultimate. If Sakurai got the right to make Geno playable then why would he make Geno & Mallow a Spirit and not just wait until Geno gets released and put Mallow in the Super Mario RPG DLC Spirit Board?

It's all these small decisions it seems obvious on how things are going to play out.

D

Deleted member

Well seeing how the last four DLC characters are going to be third party and have already been decided before hand, I'm positive that they decided that those 1300 characters don't have a future in Ultimate. If Sakurai got the right to make Geno playable then why would he make Geno & Mallow a Spirit and not just wait until Geno gets released and put Mallow in the Super Mario RPG DLC Spirit Board?

It's all these small decisions it seems obvious on how things are going to play out.
We...don't have official confirmation at all that all the remaining characters will be third party.

And there are many other SMRPG characters like the Smithy gang (Bowyer, Mack, Yaridovich, the Axem rangers, Smithy), Croco, Jinx, Frogfucious, Mallow's parents, and Exor who could be added to the spirit board with Geno.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Arsene Lupin, a famous fictional "gentlemen thief", has crossed over with "Herlock Sholmes" (an obvious parody of Sherlock Holmes, whose novels were written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) on a couple different occasions.

Lupin the Third is a loose continuation of the Arsene Lupin novels from Japan that is incredibly popular overseas, spanning several manga, anime series, films, and licensed games.
So like I said, we don't actually know why. That's a reasonable possibility, but people need to stop confusing theories with facts.

Nor does that acknowledge the other point, what the other actual codenames are, as that's far more important than Doyle's possible origins for the codename.

If every codename is more named after a person, this also gives us a huge idea of how codenames are alone. Let's say Joker is being called Jack due to Jack Frost. But notice how Brave isn't an actual name? This means that the codenames for each individual character have no consistency, and thus, we're back at square one. Which so far is looking to be the case. Cause Brave doesn't fit anything consistent with Packun Flower(Piranha Plant's codename) at all. Where Jack and Doyle are both actual names of fictional characters, which is pretty notable.

(Please note the edit. Sorry for not editing it faster. That was more the point I was getting at with what Doyle means. We'll have to look at the other Persona 5 codenames to have a clue of what they all are referencing. Cause I doubt the bunch of them are unrelated to each other, instead of following a theme).

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
And there are many other SMRPG characters like the Smithy gang (Bowyer, Mack, Yaridovich, the Axem rangers, Smithy), Croco, Jinx, Frogfucious, Mallow's parents, and Exor who could be added to the spirit board with Geno.
If there was going to be a Mario RPG Spirit Board then why is Mallow in the base game and not hold back for the DLC?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So like I said, we don't actually know why. That's a reasonable possibility, but people need to stop confusing theories with facts.

Nor does that acknowledge the other point, what the other actual codenames are, as that's far more important than Doyle's possible origins for the codename.

If every codename is more named after a person, this also gives us a huge idea of how codenames are alone. Let's say Joker is being called Jack due to Jack Frost. But notice how Brave isn't an actual name? This means that the codenames for each individual character have no consistency, and thus, we're back at square one. Which so far is looking to be the case. Cause Brave doesn't fit anything consistent with Packun Flower(Piranha Plant's codename) at all. Where Jack and Doyle are both actual names of fictional characters, which is pretty notable.

(Please note the edit. Sorry for not editing it faster. That was more the point I was getting at with what Doyle means. We'll have to look at the other Persona 5 codenames to have a clue of what they all are referencing. Cause I doubt the bunch of them are unrelated to each other, instead of following a theme).
Huh, it's almost like codenames are meant to hide the identity of who they belong to and only mean something to a select few...

Funny how that works. It's not like any of us have been fighting for this realization for months now.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If there was going to be a Mario RPG Spirit Board then why is Mallow in the base game and not hold back for the DLC?
Well it would have been a bit strange if ONLY Geno were in the game right? Mallow would be the only party member absent from the game.

D

Deleted member

Maybe because the spirits were decided on by a separate team and therefore not the same people deciding the DLC?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well it would have been a bit strange if ONLY Geno were in the game right? Mallow would be the only party member absent from the game.
Maybe because the spirits were decided on by a separate team and therefore not the same people deciding the DLC?
Exactly this. Honestly, that's like leaving out Toad when talking about major Mario characters(that are not 3rd party). You just don't. And I don't mean "being playable", I mean as is.

When it comes to Trophies, or something similar, you include the main group. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but SE let him use both characters, and of course Sakurai wants both. He knows who is in the game of importance. And it's not rocket science to include the 5 main characters of the game. The fact we got nothing more could be a sign of a planned spirit board. It might not even have Mallow and Geno on it(if Geno is playable, Mallow doesn't have to be on it, but other SMRPG characters and other spirits).

The other thing is Joker is a unique situation as we had no Persona 5 content before. So of course it has all new spirits for the spirit board(was any base game spirits used for that?). That doesn't apply for a Mario character like Geno. It could use all new SMRPG spirits. It could use a lot of other things.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
How do you know that?
Majority of the Nintendo characters people have been wanting are deconfirmed by Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes. The only Nintendo character that are possibly left (if Spirits don't deconfirm) are Elma who seems eh, Bandana Waddle Dee who seems more of a base roster character and not going to be worth $6, Hades (and we all know how much the Smash Bros fans love Kid Icarus characters), and Paper Mario who lost his popularity. There's not much Nintendo characters left and the ones that are left aren't that exciting or really wanted. Joker is the first, so to have the last four be bottom tier Nintendo characters that a lot don't care for would be disappointing.

Or maybe they don't have the Geno and Mallow Spirits in the game to begin with if Geno was going to be a DLC Fighter.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Majority of the Nintendo characters people have been wanting are deconfirmed by Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes. The only Nintendo character that are possibly left (if Spirits don't deconfirm) are Elma who seems eh, Bandana Waddle Dee who seems more of a base roster character and not going to be worth $6, Hades (and we all know how much the Smash Bros fans love Kid Icarus characters), and Paper Mario who lost his popularity. There's not much Nintendo characters left and the ones that are left aren't that exciting or really wanted. Joker is the first, so to have the last four be bottom tier Nintendo characters that a lot don't care for would be disappointing.
This is complete speculation and opinion. None of this has any weight or objectivity.

In layman's terms, you're talking out your ass.

D

Deleted member

...There are numerous Nintendo characters who are spirits that could be added. Once again, the only thing keeping them out are fan rules.

And the Smash Ultimate base roster mostly began with fan favorites, and the Smash 4 DLC began with veterans. Did that mean the rest of the Ultimate base roster would be fan favorites or the rest of the Smash 4 DLC be veterans? Exactly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mii Costumes don't "disconfirm" either. There's literally zero reason to believe they alone matter. 3rd parties, assumedly yes, because that's already licensing their model and using it that way. PNG images, though? They may nothing in comparison. AT's assumedly do because of Sakurai's statements that Assist Trophies were characters who couldn't be made playable. So there's a legit reason to believe that.

But then again, Trophies are literally just models being used. So it doesn't mean anything for 3rd party Mii costumes either. The fact they didn't come with base is far more relevant, so if we see one of them as a DLC costume, it would make sense that they weren't chosen for playable but instead as a Costume as a consolation prize. We can't absolutely say that for sure, but it's a reasonable conclusion. Spirits are no different from basic trophies, and Sakurai looked over all 1300 of them. He isn't going to deny someone over something so tiny. Nintendo nor him have a single reason to care due to an image being used. It is possible Geno and Mallow won't see other users because that's as far as Square-Enix allowed them and the negotiations won't go beyond that, of course. I mean, that happens. But if we're getting another SE character, that also means they can potentially get more content, and I don't necessarily mean Geno playable. It means we could get more SMRPG spirits, the Geno costume, and so on. I wouldn't take base game positions as highly damning for DLC content. Especially if they aren't an AT, which we at least know why they are unlikely to be playable.

Besides, there's tons of Nintendo characters that aren't AT's who are very much possible. Bandanna Waddle Dee, Elma, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, Paper Mario, any Rhythm Heaven character, Sylux(who incidentally isn't a Spirit), Porky, Ninten(as a separate Echo or possibly an actual semi-clone style character). And that's off the top of my head. I mean, Fire Emblem is brimming with options, so is Pokemon... though I admit I really don't know enough Nintendo-owned series. Well, there's F-Zero too. The only ones I could see not having a strong possibility are F-Zero and Mother due to one franchise being dead while the other is on completely finished.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty firmly convinced of Erdrick's inclusion but I don't think a couple of JPEGs is enough to solidly count Geno out, especially when there's precedent for this when Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in Smash For despite being DLC fighters, the former whom had already been announced pre-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom