• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Honestly, as lame as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was actually going with alliteration with the codenames.

Jack --> Joker
Brave --> Banjo
Arsene was a big dent in this theory since his code name was Doyle...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember in my first playthrough of SMRPG, when I got to the first battle with Croco, I underestimated him and thought I could just take him out with regular attacks lmao.

Boy did that backfire.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Just a lil thought, when you guys read each other's posts, is it just me or do you attribute the profile picture directly to what is being said?

Like I'll imagine a duck making suggestions on Geno, and then cartoon Simon Belmont reply to said suggestions with Ninten and Lucas themselves replying and Conker replying to that etc etc. I forget y'all are people sometimes with all these vibrant profile pics haha.
Honestly , it's the same for me lol.

I remember back then , when Ovaltine was a Banana duck , Zack E. a Wii U gamepad , and Majoraman28 a Mario Thinking emoji.

And for me ? iirc , I had a Loppuny pfp , a Olimar one , a Papelne one , a Zizou Olympia one , one with the SMRPG team (Mario/Mallow/Geno/Peach/Bowser) , and now I'm the antagonists of Bowser Jr. Journey. (Their french name are Vinny (the tall guy) , Sandy (the bird) and Buddy. Don't know their English names
(Edit : it look like their English name are Dieter (the tall guy) , Kaley (the bird) and Beef. Also the name of their group is BFF "Best Fitness Friends".)

Also , just saying... Imagining Ericthegamerman actually beeing a giant robot dude with a chainsaw typing load of text , and well constructed argument over the actual state of gaming and smash as whole is hilarious to me.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Here’s something interesting that I recently discovered in WOL. Remember how PP was unlocked after the first 10 fighters you unlocked and we theorized that every 10 characters someone else gets unlocked? Well I played WOL and as it turns out you unlock ALL DLC fighters at 10 characters.

22C0A939-6B57-4076-860A-88DFCA83598F.jpeg

Just thought it was interesting.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Hey guys. I'm sorry for not showing up here as often as I used to. Every time I come to this thread, I'm just kinda stumped on what to say. Often time if I can't add anything to the current conversation or just add anything constructive for that matter, I won't post at all. Also, there's just not much to really talk about at this point. It's pretty much a waiting game. I'm not ungrateful or anything that we haven't received new info from Sakurai, but I'd at least prefer something over nothing. We've exhausted most topics related to Geno, his chances, and SMRPG. I don't know how else I can really contribute...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Here’s something interesting that I recently discovered in WOL. Remember how PP was unlocked after the first 10 fighters you unlocked and we theorized that every 10 characters someone else gets unlocked? Well I played WOL and as it turns out you unlock ALL DLC fighters at 10 characters.

View attachment 213287

Meaning that, if Geno ends up as DLC at some point down the line, you can literally unlock his spirit in WoL with himself, much like the Mario duplicate spirits and such.

Heh. Heheh. Please, Sakurai, I need this. I want playable Geno with a whole army of classic Geno spirits. I will become unstoppable.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 213287

It's just really funny seeing a small roster of mostly Nintendo characters and then you see Joker.

Hey guys. I'm sorry for not showing up here as often as I used to. Every time I come to this thread, I'm just kinda stumped on what to say. Often time if I can't add anything to the current conversation or just add anything constructive for that matter, I won't post at all. Also, there's just not much to really talk about at this point. It's pretty much a waiting game. I'm not ungrateful or anything that we haven't received new info from Sakurai, but I'd at least prefer something over nothing. We've exhausted most topics related to Geno, his chances, and SMRPG. I don't know how else I can really contribute...
When there ain't nothing else to discuss, there's only one thing left to do...

D

Deleted member

Meaning that, if Geno ends up as DLC at some point down the line, you can literally unlock his spirit in WoL with himself, much like the Mario duplicate spirits and such.

Heh. Heheh. Please, Sakurai, I need this. I want playable Geno with a whole army of classic Geno spirits. I will become unstoppable.
Geno and his fellow Genos

link2702

Smash Champion
Everyone obsessed with endgame and here i am just like “I didn’t even bother watching infinity war” ...

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I remember in my first playthrough of SMRPG, when I got to the first battle with Croco, I underestimated him and thought I could just take him out with regular attacks lmao.

Boy did that backfire.
And then you find out the "fire" in backfire is his weakness.

"Croco's dousing a tail fire..."

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Don't sweat it, this has been me for a couple of months now. It's gotten to the point where I don't feel like a regular anymore haha.

My favorite movie is Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

What are y'alls?
That's a tough one... I'm gonna have to go with Spirited Away.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Mine is empire Strrikes Back, although Winter Soldier is up there.
Also, what is your favourite video game movie? Mine is the 1999 animated Sonic film, which is actually really good. Metal Sonic's death is still a tearjearker to this day.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Everyone obsessed with endgame and here i am just like “I didn’t even bother watching infinity war” ...
You should

What are y'alls?
Zootopia
The first Wreck-it Ralph.

We don't talk about the sequel.
What's your problem with the sequel?
Mine is empire Strrikes Back, although Winter Soldier is up there.
Also, what is your favourite video game movie? Mine is the 1999 animated Sonic film, which is actually really good. Metal Sonic's death is still a tearjearker to this day.
I like to count the first season of Castlevania as a movie, but if that doesn't count and Ready Player One doesn't either, then Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
There ain't no video game movie I like.
I still stand by the fact the animated sonic movie is incredible. the voice acting is good, the plot is interesting, and the fight scenes are good. all in all a solid movie. far better then all of the others. Easy 9/10 for me IMO. I just love the movie, and Metal Sonic is very well developed. Still don't get why Knuckles wears a cowboy hat though. and best part is at the beginning where Sonic says "Shut up, Tails!" white

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What are y'alls?
As my Profile Picture shows, Doctor Strange, My favorite Movie Franchise is the MCU and my favorite MCU movie is Doctor Strange he's even my favorite Movie Character period.

I find that the movie is pretty underrated all things considered I would say that it's objectively a pretty good movie whereas some don't even consider it that, I enjoy the Character of Dr. Strange, I enjoy the visuals, I enjoy the ost, I even enjoy the story which some have a problem with and while I can see where they're coming from I enjoy it.

So yeah Doctor Strange is my favorite movie and he's my favorite Character in any movie for that matter.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
What are y'alls?
Endgame might've taken the cake for me this morning. Movies haven't got me in a long time, but before Endgame, it had to be Infinity War or Spider-Man 2 (Sam Raimi). This is such a low chance to happen, but I hope I get to see a Spider-Man 4 one day with the original cast; some of the original cast passed away unfortunately, and they meant a lot to me.

I remember seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes when it came out and didn't realize until years later that Caesar's parent/guardian was James Franco, aka Harry Osborn. Overall, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was an amazing movie; I saw the 2nd one in theaters and that was intense, but I never saw the third one.
You should watch Infinity War to get an idea of what's going on. Trust me, if you haven't already, watch Infinity War before watching Endgame. I saw Endgame at 1 in the morning today and it was a masterpiece; it was very emotional and outstanding. I wish I could erase my memory to go experience it blind again.
She probably has a different answer, but to me, the sequel seemed to focus differently, and I wasn't a big fan of it. I absolutely loved the first movie, but the second one was just... well, I say it wasn't necessary. I think the sequel should've been more focused on consoles/video games instead of the casual internet.
As my Profile Picture shows, Doctor Strange, My favorite Movie Franchise is the MCU and my favorite MCU movie is Doctor Strange he's even my favorite Movie Character period. Doctor Strange is my favorite movie and he's my favorite Character in any movie for that matter.
Doctor Strange had to've been my favorite in Infinity War, and is one of my favorites in the MCU. Seeing Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and Iron Man together was awesome and a dream come true; it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie, especially since Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are my favorites. Thor is also another one of my favorites, and him meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy was such an awesome moment.
Seeing Doctor Strange die really struck me. :/

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Endgame might've taken the cake for me this morning. Movies haven't got me in a long time, but before Endgame, it had to be Infinity War or Spider-Man 2 (Sam Raimi). This is such a low chance to happen, but I hope I get to see a Spider-Man 4 one day with the original cast; some of the original cast passed away unfortunately, and they meant a lot to me.

I remember seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes when it came out and didn't realize until years later that Caesar's parent/guardian was James Franco, aka Harry Osborn. Overall, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was an amazing movie; I saw the 2nd one in theaters and that was intense, but I never saw the third one.

You should watch Infinity War to get an idea of what's going on. Trust me, if you haven't already, watch Infinity War before watching Endgame. I saw Endgame at 1 in the morning today and it was a masterpiece; it was very emotional and outstanding. I wish I could erase my memory to go experience it blind again.

She probably has a different answer, but to me, the sequel seemed to focus differently, and I wasn't a big fan of it. I absolutely loved the first movie, but the second one was just... well, I say it wasn't necessary. I think the sequel should've been more focused on consoles/video games instead of the casual internet.

Doctor Strange had to've been my favorite in Infinity War, and is one of my favorites in the MCU. Seeing Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and Iron Man together was awesome and a dream come true; it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie, especially since Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are my favorites. Thor is also another one of my favorites, and him meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy was such an awesome moment.
Doctor Strange is really awesome.

I agree that Wreck It Ralph 2 wasn't necessary, but I think what we got was pretty heartfelt and touching.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
There’s just a lot of it that didn’t sit right with me. Like the writers didn’t see the first movie or something. To me it wasn’t WIR but just a borderline okay movie to me that used characters from the first one to sell a weaker film.

There was just something off about it, and i feel like it could have been a lot better with a rewritten script that focused just on videogames again rather than what the did since easily the best part of the movie was the Slaughterrace mmo.

I have no problem with those who like it, but I just can’t.

link2702

Smash Champion
Thing is, I’ve just never been too involved in anything marvel. While I’ve enjoyed the movies a bit, for the most part I’ve been a dc fan overall (and when it comes to their movies, only their animated movies, not the live action.)

I just couldn’t get into the marvel universe much...

D

Deleted member

Yeah what happened with Doctor Strange in Infinity War was the thing that hit me the hardest even more than Spider-man and the rest, I really love Doctor Strange and his fight against Thanos was pretty cool.

I'll be seeing Endgame tomorrow and I hope to see a return of my boy he's really cool and I love everything about the character from his actor to his personality, abilities, design everything.

The dude is super cool.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Marvel movie is Antman.

And I'm not seeing Endgame until Friday, so no spoilers, or else, Geno and his pistol say hi.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The Guardians of the Galaxy films will always hold a special place in my heart. I love the humor and Marvel's cosmic realm has a plethora of interesting concepts to explore (I'm still waiting on Cosmic Entities like the Living Tribunal to join the fray). That said, I cannot wait until 2023 or whenever we get Guardians of the Galaxy 3, because it'll finally mark the debut of one of my favorite Marvel characters (who was introduced in GotG 2):

ADAM WARLOCK!!

One of the most interesting characters from the comics.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... Not sure what my favorite movie is anymore, but a few of my favorites are Fight Club, Matrix, Snowpiercer, Moonlight, Seven, Us, and Memento.

Spider-Man is my all-time favorite hero, but my favorite marvel movie so far is Black Panther. I'll have to see Engame a second time to properly rank it, but it feels like it might take the title as favorite or at least 2nd favorite. :)

I guess my top 3 are: BP, GotG Vol. 2, and SM:Homecoming, but Endgame is gonna knock out Spiderman for sure, so I'm hoping Far From Home is amazing enough to break back into the top three. Gyllenhaal as Mysterio is very promising imo.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My favorite movie of all time is hands down Back to the Future. I've lost track of how many times I've watched it on home video or on TV and not get bored of it.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Yeah what happened with Doctor Strange in Infinity War was the thing that hit me the hardest even more than Spider-man and the rest, I really love Doctor Strange and his fight against Thanos was pretty cool.

The dude is super cool.
I think Doctor Strange was the MVP in Infinity War, either him, Thor or Iron Man. Doctor Strange has one of the coolest powers ever, and he's got the coolest cloak ever... THE BLANKET OF DEATH!
I'll be seeing Endgame tomorrow and I hope to see a return of my boy he's really cool and I love everything about the character from his actor to his personality, abilities, design everything.
My favorite Marvel movie is Antman.

And I'm not seeing Endgame until Friday, so no spoilers, or else, Geno and his pistol say hi.
Oh man, you two are gonna love Endgame. Stay away from YouTube and stuff involving Marvel, because I accidentally got spoiled in a comment section since some people were able to see it two days earlier than us. Just be ready to hold your horses and emotions. Whatever you do, enjoy the experience while it lasts, because you'll wish you could see it blind again.

Also, not sure if you both can hold it for 3 hours or not, but try not to drink too much before or during the movie. I drank an extra large soda during the movie and was somehow able to hold it the whole movie, like, I didn't have to go at all; my worst part was I wanted a refill, but I didn't want to get up because I was afraid I would miss something important, so I was able to suck it up and never got out of my seat. Trust me, you won't want to miss anything; every part of the movie is important, and I am happy I never got up to get a refill.
I'll tell you what. If you need to go to the bathroom, the best and only time to go would be at the part where... well, did anyone see the 1 minute and 13 second Endgame clip Marvel posted on their YT channel three weeks ago? I say the best time to go to the bathroom would be during that part of the movie, since we already saw the clip on their YouTube channel, and that way we won't miss anything since we already saw it. You only got a minute and thirty seconds, so make that potty-run quick.

D

Deleted member

I think Doctor Strange was the MVP in Infinity War, either him, Thor or Iron Man. Doctor Strange has one of the coolest powers ever, and he's got the coolest cloak ever... THE BLANKET OF DEATH!

Oh man, you two are gonna love Endgame. Stay away from YouTube and stuff involving Marvel, because I accidentally got spoiled in a comment section since some people were able to see it two days earlier than us. Just be ready to hold your horses and emotions. Whatever you do, enjoy the experience while it lasts, because you'll wish you could see it blind again.

Also, not sure if you both can hold it for 3 hours or not, but try not to drink too much before or during the movie. I drank an extra large soda during the movie and was somehow able to hold it the whole movie, like, I didn't have to go at all; my worst part was I wanted a refill, but I didn't want to get up because I was afraid I would miss something important, so I was able to suck it up and never got out of my seat. Trust me, you won't want to miss anything; every part of the movie is important, and I am happy I never got up to get a refill.
I'll tell you what. If you need to go to the bathroom, the best and only time to go would be at the part where... well, did anyone see the 1 minute and 13 second Endgame clip Marvel posted on their YT channel three weeks ago? I say the best time to go to the bathroom would be during that part of the movie, since we already saw the clip on their YouTube channel, and that way we won't miss anything since we already saw it. You only got a minute and thirty seconds, so make that potty-run quick.
Dr. Strange was the MVP of Infinity War for sure he pulled out so many cool moves against Thanos like when he multiplied and he likely sacrificed the time stone cause he saw the future and Iron Man was alive to save the rest and beat Thanos.

And no worries I'll be using the restroom right before the movie starts during the commercials and otherwise I have a decently strong bladder in fact I was so entertained and interested in Infinity War that when I saw the movie I was solely focusing on the movie to the point that everything around me just zoned out.

But yeah I'm sure I'll love the movie I heard that the first hour to first hour and a half were a little slow with them building up the characters but I wouldn't really mind I think that's what they should do in fact.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have come to the conclusion that Geno would love super cool shounen anime and would be all over stuff like Jojo and Fist of the North Star.

Just thought you all would enjoy that information.

D

Deleted member

I have come to the conclusion that Geno would love super cool shounen anime and would be all over stuff like Jojo and Fist of the North Star.

Just thought you all would enjoy that information.
GENO JOJO FANART

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom