• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
In case anyone is curious, my name comes from my first time picking a name for the Nintendo NSider Forums about 15 years ago when I was 10. I liked Nintendo, obviously, and I liked the term of Knight; I like Zelda games (which have the Knights of Hyrule) and Star Wars (Jedi Knights) so "Knight" was a really cool title to me. Thus NintendoKnight. I used to have a "1" at the end whenever I encountered the fact that my name wasn't unique.

Then I joined Smashboards and got to ditch the 1. My avatar is my OC, Enkay (which is the phonetic for NK, the initials to NintendoKnight. Original, I know), he's a sprite edit of Mario from the Mario & Luigi series, and his backstory is that he's a Jedi stuck in the Nintendo Universe. (Hence the Rebel Alliance logo on his shirt)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In case anyone is curious, my name comes from my first time picking a name for the Nintendo NSider Forums about 15 years ago when I was 10. I liked Nintendo, obviously, and I liked the term of Knight; I like Zelda games (which have the Knights of Hyrule) and Star Wars (Jedi Knights) so "Knight" was a really cool title to me. Thus NintendoKnight. I used to have a "1" at the end whenever I encountered the fact that my name wasn't unique.

Then I joined Smashboards and got to ditch the 1. My avatar is my OC, Enkay (which is the phonetic for NK, the initials to NintendoKnight. Original, I know), he's a sprite edit of Mario from the Mario & Luigi series, and his backstory is that he's a Jedi stuck in the Nintendo Universe. (Hence the Rebel Alliance logo on his shirt)
That said, with your name alone, I imagine you as a Hylian Soldier.

I didn't notice the M&L pose due to the size of the sprite making it hard to tell. But once you mention it, it feels so obvious. Also, nice username.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Now I'm just curious how y'all read my posts. Am I a weird silhouette of Dedede, or am I still a saint with a Piranha Plant head? I'd be fine with either, honestly.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Who says I’m NOT the real Ninten? :p

Truly the most ambitious crossover of our time. Move over Marvel!

Oh god what do I sound like to you out of curiosity?
You sound like Ninten. Just don't ask me how Ninten sounds because the only answer I got is 'a kid'.
There is absolutely no timeline where @Fatmanonice is not Popeye.
To me he sounds like dubstep Popeye.
Now I'm just curious how y'all read my posts. Am I a weird silhouette of Dedede, or am I still a saint with a Piranha Plant head? I'd be fine with either, honestly.
I also still see you as St. Plant.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well people do tend to think I’m much younger then I am as well as think that I’m male so...

Seems accurate now that I think about it.
I always pictured you as more like Ana, honestly. You're Anagriffin. You're just disguised as Ninten. You silly bean!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I always pictured you as more like Ana, honestly. You're Anagriffin. You're just disguised as Ninten. You silly bean!
Actually, now that I think about it, I always associated Ani with young Anakin, so that might also be a factor in why she sounds like a boy to me.

And profuse apologies to The Anigriffin The Anigriffin for comparing you with the infamous Jake Lloyd.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I have an idea.

Exor should be playable :4pacman: He would be a swordfighter, yes, but this time, he would just be a sword swinging around on its own, rather than someone swinging it around!
He'd be the new Ridley, as in being too "big" and long.
#NotTooBig
#NotTooLong

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Okay so I have this huge post coming in soon tackling how ridiculous people have gotten with the 'Erdrick is confirmed' crap and putting up an amazing argument for why DQ not only isn't confirmed for anything but also isn't a 'frontrunner' like many think.

However, that has to wait for this.

Insert yet another Smash Tuber who has no idea what they are talking about: Aaronitmar!

So I'm scrolling through my sub box and I noticed that one of the many smash tubers I subbed to during the pre-release hype has posted. It's Aaronitmar, who did a nice job covering all the Final Smash and alternate color references, so I decided to take a look. Turns out it's about his hopes for the next four DLC character, and boy has he lived in a vacuum this entire time?

So no offense, but this man is talking out his *** for most of what I watched of this video. So of course his wishlist isn't anything too crazy, and he leads off with Banjo & Kazooie, which is fair enough. However, he brings up Steve and Master Chief shortly after, and suggests that Steve is the best financial choice for Microsoft to make since it's one of their popular AND active properties. First off, you can't suggest that we know which one would be more successful, considering the larger fanbase for B&K and the fact that this fanbase perfectly fits the demographic of Smash Ultimate. Secondly, Master Chief was deconfirmed and Steve is on very shaky ground, so why are you even talking about them when it's clear you would rather have B&K? This is a 'DLC Wishlist' vid, not a 'DLC Wishlist and who I would accept if I didn't get who I wanted and how I feel about those other characters' vid. Thirdly, Nintendo and Sakurai come to THEM and tell THEM which character they want. No one has ever told them no if Reggie is to be believes (which I honestly DO believe because Sakurai is a man with and incredible legacy surrounding him and he knows the best choices to make for the game so I find it easy for him to 'rest his case' as it where. Plus, it's ****ing Smash Brothers...or better known as Nintendo All-Star Big Fight!) then if they waltz in and say 'We want Banjo' then the odds are high that they walk out with Banjo and a Master Chief hat and a Steve Mii Costume among other things.

His second is Sora (of course) and he believes that the 'Disney Issue' isn't an issue if Mickey, Donald and Goofy are in no way represented in Smash. He then suggests that, while first saying Sora is "practically a shoe in", Sora isn't ACTUALLY a shoe in because Dragon Quest exists and leakers said things n stuff. Okay so first off, Mickey and Friends CAN show up in Smash if that is what is chosen to be done. Mickey and Goofy have been referred to before in Brawl via that weird game timeline thing, and even just small references or having them show up in his Final Smash could be done just fine without opening any floodgates. However I must say I agree that Disney isn't an issue in any way and that Sora has enough going on in his home series to work out fine without any Disney references, but I would have to say not getting a Donald Goofy and Mickey Spirit would be a big missed opportunity and I would love to see a 'Trinity Limit' Spirit if possible. Now, this Dragon Quest **** needs to chill out man, it's getting super old. I'll address it more properly later, but the leakers he's referring to have been dead in the water for months now and have no credibility or not enough to matter. Can we PLEASE stop referring to leakers when it comes to DQ like it means something significant? It's like DQ doesn't have enough on it's own to push it to the forefront of debates or something...more on that later.

Then, of course, we get to Geno. And what is his opinion? Geno is dead, no chance at all. Allow me to quote him verbatim.

"As for Geno...I think all hope is lost for my boi. I'd love to see him in the game, and I don't believe that him as a Spirit means that he can't be in the game as a fighter, but I just don't think that he is going to BE a fighter. As much as Sakurai likes him, as much as he has sort of a cult following as a character AND a potential fighter in Smash, I just worry that he isn't notable enough to be added. Several characters were already added to Smash because of the Ballot. Specifically, Ridley, King K. Rool and the Belmonts. My fear is that there are too many of these black sheep characters who were voted in from the Ballot and THAT means that future characters from a similar category...couldn't be added. Now obviously Sakurai plays by his own rules. What he says goes and if it came down to it and he wanted to add Geno, Banjo, Steve, Master Chief and Cooking Mama...those are the characters we would see, but I think there is going to be a balance between old and new characters added and for Geno...I'm just worried that he is going to miss the cut."

I will let YOU guys break this down and share your thoughts. Keep in mind, he says ALL THIS, and then cuts to Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and says "but we can't have ALL third-party characters."

EDIT: I realize that he isn't being mean about anything and is an alright guy, but after having to deal with people like LaxChris and WiiUGamer spreading nothing but fake garbage and others like Billybo giving ridiculous ratings without being up-to-date with information on characters it irks me into action now when I see someone talks about a topic and have little to no idea what they are talking about.
I get to where you're saying, but he gave a good reason. I think Geno's got a decent shot, but if Aaron doesn't think the same, that's totally fine. He should be looking at the positives and negatives on him.

I disagree with him about Steve being the most financial. Microsoft's video game reputation was built up mostly BECAUSE of Halo, but unfortunately I found out recently that Master Chief's been disconfirmed (really disappointed about that), however, I'd say Master Chief and Banjo would be the most financial. Why? It's common sense. Most of Nintendo's community is in their 20s; we were here when Banjo-Kazooie and Halo made their debut, and it's when Banjo was on the Nintendo 64! Most of Banjo-Kazooie players today are currently in their 20s or 30s now, which is about the age range of Nintendo's community. I grew up with playing Minecraft in my teen years, but I've been playing Halo longer than MC and Halo appeals to me much more than MC, same with Banjo-Kazooie appealing to me more and I just started playing Banjo-Kazooie a year ago. I'd say the DLC would do more if it's directed more towards the majority of the Switch's age audience, and one stat chart showed that most of the Nintendo Switch owners were 19-34 in 2017, so they'd be 21-36 now.

About a general audience, tell me, who would appeal more to a general audience? A super soldier that was trained to kill rebels and aliens, or a blocky dude with a pickaxe that mines and builds for a living? How about a shirtless bear with a bird companion in his backpack? If you want, go and ask your friends, who are not Smash gamers, about which of the three would appeal to them most.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I get to where you're saying, but he gave a good reason. I think Geno's got a decent shot, but if Aaron doesn't think the same, that's totally fine. He should be looking at the positives and negatives on him.

I disagree with him about Steve being the most financial. Microsoft's video game reputation was built up mostly BECAUSE of Halo, but unfortunately I found out recently that Master Chief's been disconfirmed (really disappointed about that), however, I'd say Master Chief and Banjo would be the most financial. Why? It's common sense. Most of Nintendo's community is in their 20s; we were here when Banjo-Kazooie and Halo made their debut, and it's when Banjo was on the Nintendo 64! Most of Banjo-Kazooie players today are currently in their 20s or 30s now, which is about the age range of Nintendo's community. I grew up with playing Minecraft in my teen years, but I've been playing Halo longer than MC and Halo appeals to me much more than MC, same with Banjo-Kazooie appealing to me more and I just started playing Banjo-Kazooie a year ago. I'd say the DLC would do more if it's directed more towards the majority of the Switch's age audience, and one stat chart showed that most of the Nintendo Switch owners are 19-34 in 2017, so they'd be 21-36 now.

About a general audience, tell me, who would appeal more to a general audience? A super soldier that was trained to kill rebels and aliens, or a blocky dude with a pickaxe that mines and builds for a living? How about a shirtless bear with a bird companion in his backpack? If you want, go and ask your friends, who are not Smash gamers, about which of the three would appeal to them most.
I mean, calling Steve just a blocky dude who mines blocks is technically correct, but the legacy he carries makes him much more than just that description. I don’t think you can really look at any character like that in a vacuum to determine how good of one they might be. A brother and a sister who go mountain climbing and have hammers. A literal toy robot. A plumber that can jump. It all just depends so much on execution and the representation they’re meant to be.

Plus, people in their 20s might know about Banjo, BUT they definitely know Minecraft. It’s been a phenomenon that we grew up with. Like that extends beyond your typical gamer and across basically every console in existence. If you’re talking about demographics, Minecraft’s arguably the larger one when you take into consideration how many places it’s reached and it’s not at all exclusive to the younger generation despite what some people would like to think. I just don’t think this ideal demographic works super well when you’re comparing a relatively popular series like Banjo Kazooie to the second best selling game of all time that has been a consistent platform over the past decade and has defined an entire generation of internet culture. I think that’s an easy thing to look at and potentially decide on Steve for business purposes when you’re not as concerned about individual sells (which we don’t know and for all we know Steve could outsell the other DLC characters 20:1 or Banjo could do that, we just don’t know) as a company and just looking at what looks good on paper for expanding an audience and “tapping into new markets.”

I don’t know if Sakurai would go for that, and I generally lean towards him being pretty aware of the Banjo Kazooie fandom with regards to Smash and hopeful of filling that category. I just don’t think Steve has really ever been easy to just push aside (Though hopefully Aubrey’s tweets are something more concrete that puts us in favor of Banjo Kazooie).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Be careful throwing the term "shirtless bear" around to describe Banjo... people might get the wrong idea. ;)

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I mean, calling Steve just a blocky dude who mines blocks is technically correct, but the legacy he carries makes him much more than just that description. I don’t think you can really look at any character like that in a vacuum to determine how good of one they might be. A brother and a sister who go mountain climbing and have hammers. A literal toy robot. A plumber that can jump. It all just depends so much on execution and the representation they’re meant to be.

Plus, people in their 20s might know about Banjo, BUT they definitely know Minecraft. It’s been a phenomenon that we grew up with. Like that extends beyond your typical gamer and across basically every console in existence. If you’re talking about demographics, Minecraft’s arguably the larger one when you take into consideration how many places it’s reached and it’s not at all exclusive to the younger generation despite what some people would like to think. I just don’t think this ideal demographic works super well when you’re comparing a relatively popular series like Banjo Kazooie to the second best selling game of all time that has been a consistent platform over the past decade and has defined an entire generation of internet culture. I think that’s an easy thing to look at and potentially decide on Steve for business purposes when you’re not as concerned about individual sells (which we don’t know and for all we know Steve could outsell the other DLC characters 20:1 or Banjo could do that, we just don’t know) as a company and just looking at what looks good on paper for expanding an audience and “tapping into new markets.”

I don’t know if Sakurai would go for that, and I generally lean towards him being pretty aware of the Banjo Kazooie fandom with regards to Smash and hopeful of filling that category. I just don’t think Steve has really ever been easy to just push aside (Though hopefully Aubrey’s tweets are something more concrete that puts us in favor of Banjo Kazooie).
I should've put that topic on my comment up above, but you're right, Minecraft is pretty much known to every gamer now, including non-gamers. You aren't wrong about Steve being a business move, but I don't think he'd do well, unless people have the fighters pass. Sure there are a lot of people in their 20s that know Minecraft, but you forgot the part where a lot of people in their 20s despise it now because the game isn't fun for us anymore or it's because of the toxic community. To get to the point, a lot of people don't like Steve; we saw and heard the reactions of Steve being possible, and many weren't happy. Minecraft was directed for kids and teens, even in our time when we were young, but the torch has been passed down and many 20-30+ year olds don't enjoy the game anymore. Besides it being appealing in some ways, other franchises appeal to us more. Everybody has an opinion, but after all the commotion and negativity about Steve being a possibility, my guess is not a lot would be pleased with his inclusion. This is a character that just started being wanted in Smash, and it's up against Banjo, a video game character that's been highly wanted in Smash since the Smash 64 and Melee days. Banjo should be the one up, not because of the bias, but it's because Banjo's been the most wanted Rare/Microsoft rep for two decades and is the Microsoft character that has the biggest requests. Banjo was also on a Nintendo console first, first appearing in Diddy Kong Racing but starting his legacy with Kazooie in their own game in 1998; Minecraft didn't show itself on a Nintendo console until late 2015.

I think we all know who should be first for a Microsoft rep... In other words, a character that started on a Nintendo console and represents Nintendo history the most:

Personally, I think Banjo represents Nintendo more than Microsoft.
Be careful throwing the term "shirtless bear" around to describe Banjo... people might get the wrong idea. ;)
My apologies... Bears don't wear clothing, so that term wouldn't make sense. But I know this term would... BEAR IN SHORTS!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I should've put that topic on my comment up above, but you're right, Minecraft is pretty much known to every gamer now, including non-gamers. You aren't wrong about Steve being a business move, but I don't think he'd do well, unless people have the fighters pass. Sure there are a lot of people in their 20s that know Minecraft, but you forgot the part where a lot of people in their 20s despise it now because the game isn't fun for us anymore or it's because of the toxic community. To get to the point, a lot of people don't like Steve; we saw and heard the reactions of Steve being possible, and many weren't happy. Minecraft was directed for kids and teens, even in our time when we were young, but the torch has been passed down and many 20-30+ year olds don't enjoy the game anymore. Besides it being appealing in some ways, other franchises appeal to us more. Everybody has an opinion, but after all the commotion and negativity about Steve being a possibility, my guess is not a lot would be pleased with his inclusion. This is a character that just started being wanted in Smash, and it's up against Banjo, a video game character that's been highly wanted in Smash since the Smash 64 and Melee days. Banjo should be the one up, not because of the bias, but it's because Banjo's been the most wanted Rare/Microsoft rep for two decades and is the Microsoft character that has the biggest requests. Banjo was also on a Nintendo console first, first appearing in Diddy Kong Racing but starting his legacy with Kazooie in their own game in 1998; Minecraft didn't show itself on a Nintendo console until late 2015.

I think we all know who should be first for a Microsoft rep... In other words, a character that started on a Nintendo console and represents Nintendo history the most:

Personally, I think Banjo represents Nintendo more than Microsoft.
I think your perceiving too much of a backlash regarding Minecraft. Yes, it certainly has cringey parts that people still and always will hate, but I’ve seen very little actual extreme pushback against Minecraft outside of vocal minority internet communities and people actively trying to disassociate themselves with the game. Yes, some people just stopped having fun, but it’s relatively rare for me to find anyone these days who has played it and doesn’t just have fond memories of it or even play it from time to time. I understand why people on the internet hate its appeal, but the more I separate yourself from the “gamer culture” and gaming forums, the less I see of the Minecraft negativity. And even then, Fortnite has become the new bad for a lot of the people who care and it seems like Minecraft has undergone some image rehabilitation since it’s no longer the top dog to hate. But, hey that’s my interpretation of events.

The biggest issue I think I have with this all is that Steve isn’t generally disliked on his own from what I’ve seen. Steve in Smash specifically doesn’t actually bother a lot of people. What bothers people generally comes down to the perception of him “stealing” the spot from Banjo Kazooie or Chief. People dislike that aspect of him, but I’ve heard plenty of people say that they’d be fine with Minecraft provided the other was in. That doesn’t speak to hating the character and series representation itself, rather a somewhat misplaced anger at what they perceive him to mean (I’ll still contest that working Minecraft into Smash is probably easier than Banjo Kazooie just because of how generally independent Mojang seems to operate).

I’ve also been vocal about the fact I think any DLC character that is from a popular game or franchise will sell well enough to satisfy Nintendo. I don’t think Steve’s some exception to that. Minecraft is recognizable and attracts attention. People in the online Smash communities will hate him just like they did Corrin, but I suspect the vitriol won’t last too long and people will just accept him and move on like usual. Especially because, unlike Corrin, it’s really damn hard to argue that Minecraft doesn’t deserve some place in Smash.

I maybe get how Banjo Kazooie would have been a bigger deal for Smash fans of the original and Melee era in terms of support. But until Spencer’s Tweet he didn’t have a community at all anywhere besides people considered crazy hold outs during the peak of speculation from Brawl onward. So he’s not had the same consistent support as say someone like Ridley did coming into Ultimate. So the longevity claim doesn’t ring super true with me even if I know some people have wanted him since the very beginning.

I don’t know, I’ve just never been realistically able to see Steve as the train wreck I feel like so many people on Smash forums seem to think he’ll be. I mean, I won’t be around if he does because I know the forums will be ****ing unbearable in the event he’s announced, but does he really deserve such vitriol and a negative response on his own? Like I understand lots of Banjo Kazooie fans will be crying and screaming “**** Sakurai,” but that reaction just seems like one that’ll be much more contained to our bubbles and I just don’t think that particular fire will have enough hatred after a little bit of time...

I definitely agree that Banjo Kazooie has more history and is the better “Nintendo” representative from Microsoft overall though. And I want them, and mostly believe in them. But I’m just genuinely incapable of getting angry at Minecraft at this point after I got over my own frustrations at that idea a while back.

Last edited:

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
I don't have any problem with the idea of Minecraft content (I'd gladly buy a separate Minecraft DLC stage), but I do think Steve would make for a pretty lousy character. If they do add him to the game and Sakurai somehow manages to make him not suck completely, great, but I'm not really counting on it.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else wish that, in SMRPG, there are more Frog Coins and more places to use them?

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else wish that, in SMRPG, there are more Frog Coins and more places to use them?
I don't know about anyone else, but I found it pretty hard to get frog coins. I sucked at jumping on the wigglers and climbing that cliff side with the paratroopas. There were a lot of useful items that can be bought with them. I think that it would be better if you could get more frog coins in other ways than minigames / platforming (excluding the item blocks). However, I don't know what else they could add besides weapons and armor.

On the topic of SMRPG, I really want more dialogue between the party members in the game, or just more dialogue in general. The characters (mainly the party members for me) in the game are really interesting and I want to know them better. Most of the dialogue is from NPCs that you don't see outside of one area.

Firox

Smash Master
Well people do tend to think I’m much younger then I am as well as think that I’m male so...

Seems accurate now that I think about it.
To be fair, there are a lot of boy characters that are voiced by women. Look at Bart Simpson, Morgana from P5 and I think even Ness to name a few. lol I gotta admit, it's really easy for me to get gender vertigo when so many female users have male profile pics or have neutral user names. I should probably decide on a profile picture but I've been too lazy to do it. Then again, it's kinda mysterious to be seen as a single letter. It's like L from Death Note. Behold my anonymous justice!!!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
At this point, a Minecraft stage or AT would actually be super hype IMO. The issue is that we're basically not getting that unless we also get a character, which really doesn't sit well with me since there are basically none to choose from and the only real candidate, Steve, just isn't an endearing character by design. Really, the idea of hearing the announcer say, "STEVE!" on the character select screen scares me more than anything else.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about anyone else, but I found it pretty hard to get frog coins. I sucked at jumping on the wigglers and climbing that cliff side with the paratroopas. There were a lot of useful items that can be bought with them. I think that it would be better if you could get more frog coins in other ways than minigames / platforming (excluding the item blocks). However, I don't know what else they could add besides weapons and armor.
The best place to get frog coins (and money in general) were the ants at Land's End. Three jumps and you get a coin.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I hope you all hear E. Gadd's gibberish when reading my posts.

D

Deleted member

Jesus Endgame's rating is high.

According to IMDB, Endgame is tied for the best movie of all time.

So, as my dude GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 worded it...

anyone who spoils it dies

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master

"Best movie of all time"? As it should be. Got tickets for 9:30 tomorrow morning, baby. GAME TIME!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

My oh my.

(I actually wish I didn't know that though, I like to go into movies knowing as little as possible so I can have no expectations. But now I'm more hyped)

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

On the topic of SMRPG, I really want more dialogue between the party members in the game, or just more dialogue in general. The characters (mainly the party members for me) in the game are really interesting and I want to know them better. Most of the dialogue is from NPCs that you don't see outside of one area.
Yeah, frog coins are really a pain to get. If only there was a way to easily get frog coins in Grate Guy's Casino. I don't see the point in them because we can beat enemies and bosses easily without spending a frog coin, but it's all for fun.

It'd be so awkward if Mario actually got dialogue in a remake or sequel. That's one character I hope stays with the silent treatment, along with keeping the ability to transform into other characters with the power of pantomiming.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Like I'll imagine a duck making suggestions on Geno, and then cartoon Simon Belmont reply to said suggestions with Ninten and Lucas themselves replying and Conker replying to that etc etc. I forget y'all are people sometimes with all these vibrant profile pics haha.

I am Conker just for clarification. It's weird being an anthropomorphic squirrel sometimes, but at least I can talk coherently unlike a certain

GUH HUH

D

Deleted member

In an SMRPG sequel, I think it would be interesting if the group used Mallow to reach higher areas.

My oh my.

(I actually wish I didn't know that though, I like to go into movies knowing as little as possible so I can have no expectations. But now I'm more hyped)
Oh, my bad lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know guys, after rewatching some clips of Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing, I'm beginning to believe Brave is in fact Banjo. I'd be okay with him as it further helps makes Erdrick seem more and more like a lie.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know guys, after rewatching some clips of Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing, I'm beginning to believe Brave is in fact Banjo. I'd be okay with him as it further helps makes Erdrick seem more and more like a lie.
I'm not gonna say one thing or another on Erdrick because the little dude's grown on me, plus his fans are very nice folk. That said, though, I really don't think Banjo is Brave. Joker's stats changed quite a bit before he was unveiled, enough so that Brave's could seem very unlike Banjo if they received tweaks of the same magnitude. Trust me, I'd love for Brave to be Banjo, as I'm a MASSIVE Banjo fan and grew up with those games, but I sincerely doubt it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna say one thing or another on Erdrick because the little dude's grown on me, plus his fans are very nice folk. That said, though, I really don't think Banjo is Brave. Joker's stats changed quite a bit before he was unveiled, enough so that Brave's could seem very unlike Banjo if they received tweaks of the same magnitude. Trust me, I'd love for Brave to be Banjo, as I'm a MASSIVE Banjo fan and grew up with those games, but I sincerely doubt it.
You recall the height of Banjo from Diddy Kong Racing?
maxresdefault.jpg
Also, pay attention to his slide animation from this little clip here from Papageno's vid from a while ago. https://youtu.be/5XATpAWURmU?t=1337

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You recall the height of Banjo from Diddy Kong Racing? View attachment 213000 Also, pay attention to his slide animation from this little clip here from Papageno's vid from a while ago. https://youtu.be/5XATpAWURmU?t=1337
Man, trust me, I know that stuff with photographic memory. I've played and replayed the Banjo games and DKR so many times in the past that I know those games like the backs of my hands. I've seen the videos and the slide animations. I've seen everything. Yes, it seems like it lines up perfectly, but I really do not think that Brave is Banjo. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but my gut's telling me no.

That said, I do think Banjo surprisingly has a chance this time around. For the first time since 64 and Melee, I honest to goodness feel he has a chance. However, I do not think he's Brave.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I think Banjo is pretty likely to be in, but I don't think he's Brave. I think Brave is gonna be a huge blindside character myself.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
wait, no, I'm not Bandana Waddle Dee, I
I AM THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
Sorry, I had to

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
THIS IS WHO I AM, NOT A SHADOW OF WHO I WANT TO BE
God, Shadow the Hedgehog 's soundtrack is so good. The original main theme that got cut is legit my favorite track in a video game. Who I Am is just that good.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, as lame as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was actually going with alliteration with the codenames.

Jack --> Joker
Brave --> Banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom